Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Felinids guard miniatures when?

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mjZcYAN
3plusplus.net/2017/06/astra-militarum-tank-weapons-40k-8th-ed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reece never played 8th.

Second for FW liars not giving rules for Ferrum Infernus or Sonic Dreadnoughts

ynarri is nerfed too hard edition

Nth for filling my cup with craftworld tears.

Quick, whats the best way to run a Harlequins list!

>tfw against a 6+ save (invuln or through rend), a unit of 30 Bloodletters will inflict 14 wounds through the amount of 6's rolled on the charge
>if they do not need a 6 To Wound then they will kill anything that ends up with a 6+
It's beautiful.

Double Wounding on 6's make them so useful.

I woll ask again
Ive been playing guard since early 4th
If i used Warzone: mutant chronicle minis for my conscripts would you guys still play me, mind you ive always played blob guard.

As Ynnari

5 kustom shootas (20 pts) quadruples the dakka of the unit, lets them shoot from 18" rather than 12", gives them something to do as they approach in a trukk and lets you actually take advantage of the rerolls your ammo grunts are giving you. Or you could buy one kombi-skorcha for 19 pts.

So, am I correct in my reading that, as long as the troops within the formations are the same faction, all the rules about mixing factions are gone?

Sure. It's hard to get so many conscript minis out on the field, you might as well dump 80 W:MC soldiers on it.

However, no grey tide. That's unforgivable.

R8

>Daemon Prince with talons, wings and Prescience power hanging out with two ten man Rubric Soulreaper squads
>Five man Warpflame squad in a Rhino rushing across the board
>Five man Scarab Occult squad with missile rack and Soulreapper deepstriking with jumpack Sorc with Warpfate and Prescience
>Las Predator and Maulerfiend as support

And yes, i'm aware that i can only use one Prescience, but that mortal wounds power just looks shitty.

You don't double wound, you do 2 damage. That doesn't mean dick against models that only have 1 wound.

Yep, go nuts

Just remember transports only accept their own codexes troops

Rate my list.
>999/1000pts 48pwr Vanguard Detachment
>Interrogator-Chaplain on Bike, with combi-plasma 119pts/7 pwr
>10 Fallen, Champion with combi-plasma, five Fallen with plasmaguns 220pts/10 pwr
>9 Arco-flagellants 135pts/6 pwr
>Ravenwing Ancient with ravenwing grenade launcher 117pts/6 pwr
>3 Ravenwing Black Knights with 1 ravenwing grenade launcher 150pts/7 pwr
>Penitent Engine 129pts/6 pwr
>Penitent Engine 129pts/6 pwr

I means dicks against things with more than one, like monsters and vehicles.

Yes, but the important auras and buffs that your guys get are always restricted to much smaller subfactions. In exchange for using a wider pool of units you miss out of efficient synergies.

Nah smite is excellent. Count how many extra wounds you manage from prescience and it will rarely beat smite.

Dont worry, ive been painting as many of my guard as possible, when i finish building the proxies i will paint them as well, im not very good at painting but they are all tabletop standard or primed at the very least.

My dream last night really shook me to the core.

I was in a 40k match and my riptides kept being blown up. Like an honest to go 10 min loop of 10second game with riptides just exploding. At the end I look down at them, in pieces, and they began to cry and shake. I was in an extreme fear panic like nothing else as I watched the miniatures wail and screech. I had this feeling of "Why did you do it, why?" and I couldn't come up with an answer.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Absolutely fuck GW for this. Do they think we just buy, paint, and love our miniatures for them to garbage bin them like some bad fucking game patch? There better be a redo in the codex this year or I am seriously considering suing for emotional harm.

Same difference, man. Against vehicles and such they'll RAEP. Especially against most vehicles they'll wound on 5's on the charge since most aren't T10

Shame, I wanted a Superheavy tank with 40 sternguard.

Primed is... Somewhat acceptable. It'd be better they have a passable paintjob than none at all.

Of course, I play Kill Team with small numbers of dudes, so I can devote a disproportionate amount of attention to each mini to make up for the fact that I'm a shitty painter.

Any idea on how many points my army is worth?

10 Vanguard/w Omnispex, Phosphor pistol, Maul
10 Vanguard/w Omnispex, 3 Arc Rifles, phosphor pistol, Taser
10 Vanguard/w Omnispex, 3 Plasma Culverins, phosphor pistol, Taser

2 Onagers, Neutron Lasers, Cognis Stubber

1 Dragoon/w serpentia/taser lance
5 Sicarian Infiltrators/w Flechettes

3 Kataphron Destroyers/w Grav Cannons, Stubbers

2 Tech priest Dominus with opposite weapon layouts.

I plan on buying a box of Kastellans, a box of rangers, another Dominus, and a box of Sicarians or Sisters of Silence.

Any suggestions?

-Kharn the Betrayer - 173
-Daemon Prince of Khorne - Wings, Malefic Talons x2 - 189
-Daemon Prince of Khorne - Wings, Malefic Talons x2 - 189

-Khorne Berserkers x10 - Chain Axe x9, Chain Sword x9, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol - 196
-Khorne Berserkers x10 - Chain Axe x9, Chain Sword x9, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol - 196
-Khorne Berserkers x20 - Chain Axe x19, Chain Sword x19, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol - 366

-Chaos Rhino - Combi-bolter - 72
-Chaos Rhino - Combi-bolter - 72

-Heldrake - Baleflamer - 198

-Maulerfiend - Lasher Tendrils - 173
-Maulerfiend - Lasher Tendrils - 173

Total - 1997

This list will be going up against a horde Ork list. I'm not sure how good Orks are now, do I stand a chance?

So are missile launchers usable yet or still trash

Being the same cost as lascannons is rough

>My dream last night really shook me to the core.
>I was in a 40k match and my riptides kept being blown up. Like an honest to go 10 min loop of 10second game with riptides just exploding. At the end I look down at them, in pieces, and they began to cry and shake. I was in an extreme fear panic like nothing else as I watched the miniatures wail and screech. I had this feeling of "Why did you do it, why?" and I couldn't come up with an answer.
>I woke up in a cold sweat.

riptides got nerfed?
cool.
maybe i should sue every tau player for emotional harm over the last few years

This is probably a shitpost but your tears are delicious nonetheless.

Conscript spam comes down to whether you can murder the commisars.
Once they're dead you essentially kill the conscripts twice as fast due to morale.

Commisar hide and seek the meta

Can Death Company take an Eviscerator yet?

Anyone got a pdf of Dark Imperium? Would love to read it.

Time to feel the imperial might user :^)

Nth for 7th edition eldar were perfectly balanced and I only took all scatter bikes as troops because they're the only viable troop choice for eldar.

In general you should be ok, just make sure you assault first.

Why do you have a 20 strong Zerker unit? You want them to get shot and die?

Get another Rhino and hop abort the zerker rush train

So...They weren't balanced.

>what are snipers

There's literally no reason why you're not fielding any.

I always run 2 MSU Ranger squads with 2 snipers, they always make their points back.

NO they're balanced they're the only good troop choice in eldar guardians suck

Screen for Kharn since he can't join any of them in a Rhino anymore.

Smite is nice but hamstrung by only targeting the nearest enemy desu

It isn't like the conscript spammers will let you snipe their characters. They'll hide them, cover them in a man blanket to ward off deepstrike, etc

So it becomes a meta race of countering the counters

Berserkers should be able to slice through their Boy mobs, just don't underestimate them. They're always s4 now and hit on 3's, 2's if the guy is running a waaagh banner. Also, for the love of god, don't charge into a full mob of shoota boyz, their overwatch will murder you.

Do non character deathwatch models pay 5 or 15 points for storm shields?

I will unironically devote a deathstrike to killing snipers if it means my comissar can blam conscripts unmolested

Enjoying these fake tears is like jerking to hentai. I know it's made up acting, but it still feels good desu

Played my first game a few hours ago. Smite pulled weight helping kill of dreadnoughts.

Unless they hide out of line of sight, they are getting sniped through their fancy hats no matter how well they're bubblewrapped.

How are armored companies looking this edition?

Mediocre, demolisher and punisher russes are alright and the rest are trash. The Baneblade chassis are alright but not great, with the shadowsword being the best of them. Artillery and some of the lighter vehicles look alright, but thats about it

They do the same damage. They just wound tough things on 4+ and the enemy will likely get a 4+ save instead of a 5+. So slightly worse anti-tank but not way worse like I'm 7th.

They are good if you are playing multiple armies with the same list.

>30 shootas
>10 S4 hits
>5 wounds
>5/3 dead
nah, he's fine

>Call them balanced
>The only viable unit
That's not how shit works

armies get balanced, not units

So apparently Dark Imperium reveals to us some of the new units for Primaris in the future.
> "Overlord" Thunderhawk
> "Primaris Agresors" basically Devastator with Terminator's missle launcher on their back.
> "Primaris Reavers" a Raven Guard like unit ?

Yes armies get balanced, by making their units balanced. Shit units get improved and units that are too good get toned down.

Oh god, you just gave me bad memories of 3rd/4th ed parking lots. Half a dozen BA and WE Rhinos in the middle of the board.

>> "Overlord" Thunderhawk
PLASTIC
THUNDERHAWK
CONFIRMED

I FUCKING KNEW IT

so hiding behind a Taurox/Chimera trudging along with the conscripts. Got it.

The mostly seem like they'll be viable when your opponent doesn't bring enough heavier weapons to reliably strip several dozen wounds off of your vehicles. Mean while you're plinking away with tank cannons that only reliably do 1-2 wounds a turn.

So I just played my first game of 8th as Admech. I fielded 3 Neutron laser Dunecrawlers. Holy crap. Turns out vehicles are not that durable when you fire two or three Neutron lasers at them. They sliced and diced through rhinos and a landraider like they were made out of cardboard. I felt bad for the other guy.

Sure.

But I've brought missiles against people, and never bothered firing frags. There always felt like there was some multiwound target that needed a krak missile more than I ever needed d6 S4 shots. So I may as well take a lascannon you know?

Unplayable. Some tanks are good, but not running any infantry is not viable.

>four ears
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's unfortunate that Vanguards feel like they're just speed bumps now.

It's okay if the balance underneath the army level isn't there. Wins and loses come at the army level, not the unit level. Variety in unit capability and synergy within and between the units creates the whole of the army, and so long as the whole of each army's potential is relatively similar to each other army then the game is doing okay.

This makes me so happy.

I swear all of you play with 2 inch tall scenery.

/40kg/ Discord channel invite: discord.gg/mjZcYAN

All are welcome, come for the sporadic conversation stay for the...uhhh...well, you don't have to. That's your choice to make.

add it up yourself, fartbrain

The plasma is still sort of okay, I guess, since it doesn't mind cover anymore. The loss of FnP and the nerfing of the cancer guns hurts a lot though.

>complicated systems and interactions can only result in equivalent outputs if each has equivalent inputs
are you retarded?

Any other units stand out?

It's about three fiddy.

I'm trying to make a Brigade Detachment with my Tau and holy fuck the only elites worth bringing are Stealth Suits. Fusion Blasters, y/n? I'm bringing two railgun Hammerheads and two HRR Broadsides for vehicle killing, plus there's rail rifles on my four Pathfinder squads. Fusion is just so fucking expensive now.

New tactic, vehicle wall to break LOS.
Or just bring like 8 commisars so you cant kill them all off fast enough

Taurox prime is op
Hellhounds, basilisks, hydras and wyverns seem good
Manticore, chimera, maskettawolf, demolisher and punisher are ok
executioner is good if you can order it to reroll 1's
devildog, deathstrike and all the other lemans range from mediocre to why
pask is still solid

You're going to need melee screens otherwise four termagants can tag your tank like it's home base and keep it from shooting for a turn.

Wouldn't it do more than that?

Battlecannon is Heavy D6, and each of those D6;s that hit does D3 damage each. ANd that's just the Battlecannon.

It seems that the Space Marine faction focus mentioned that vehicles are able to target their weaponry at different units. Fire that Battlecannon at a infantry squad, use that Lascannon on an incoming vehicle, and use those Heavy Bolter sponsons to either clean up the Battlecannon's victims or target yet another unit,

Not him but dragoons are pretty good and are reasonably tough at T6 with 6 wounds, taser lances got buffed a bit so that they're always +3 instead of just when you charge.

It doesn't, you get D6 shots but you hit on a 4+ and damage does not spill over into other models.

Here's a good run down of the averages for guard weapons. Granted it's not taking buffs from characters into account but still
3plusplus.net/2017/06/astra-militarum-tank-weapons-40k-8th-ed/

Destroyers with grav still rape power armored stuff, which is 80% of my meta. I kind of recommend flamers as overwatch defense though.

Vanguard severely underperformed, snipers are decent now.

Have not tried much else, I played Vanguard horde in 7th.

Damage doesn't spill over. A space marine that takes 3 damage is as dead as one that takes 1 damage.

d6 shots means 3.5 shots a turn. 1.75 of those actually hit at BS4+. Then the marine gets a 5+ save. It means you're killing like 1 marine a turn.

Flamers are useless as overwatch defense because they can charge you outside of flamer range.

What the fuck?

>Battlecannon is Heavy D6, and each of those D6;s that hit does D3 damage each
if damage on certain blast weapons spilled over, the battle cannon would be alright

but it don't, and there are better options for dealing with multi-wound models

If they charge you outside of flamer range they need a 9+ and that only happens ~28% of the time. So almost 3/4 of the time they'll declare a charge, eat overwatch, go nowhere and then get blasted off the board the next turn. I would not risk a nearly 3/4 chance to fail a charge just to avoid taken a few flamer hits.

Oi...I see now. That's kinda annoying,

phase goes
>declare charge
>fire overwatch
>move models
so if you're outside 8" when you charge you're not in flamer range. that being said, it's a stupid thing to do because you'll probably just fail the charge and get fucked.

battlecannon is now a tank hunter; I think someone said it was similar to two lascannon shots. it's a tank that can kill tanks now.

ig vets got replaced with scions

rip vets

>be me
>this morning
>take my eight riptides to the flgs to get one last game in before i burn my army
>only the tyranids player will accept my challenge
>after deployment he seizes the initiative
>get to end of his movement
>he deploys a Trygon Prime 9.1 inches away from my riptides
>starts setting up 20 genestealers next to the Trygon
>they don't have a movement tray
>pack up my models
>don't shake his hand or even acknowledge him
>just go home
>set my riptides ablaze while i look up the best list for infinity
Fucking waacfags i swear

They need an 8. You have a 1 inch melee range. And you get a command reroll for one of those dice.

Is IS whoever how nearly all turn 1 charges will happen with various deposit 9" away options.
Odds may be against them but sheer amount of attempted 9" charges do make a difference.

If you're going to shitpost, at least come up with something good. Riptides are fine, at worst a smidge overcosted. While substantially more expensive in 7e, they were ludicrously broken in 7th, and here they're still very potent fire platforms which are worth the points in larger games.

Sure he can, Transports can fit one Unit and as many Characters as you can cram in there. Take a 9x Berzerker unit and Kharn can join them in a transport.

How many of you get much use out of Tac marines?

I'm considering ripping the arms off mine and making them sternguard or devastators and taking scouts for troops.

Like I think people are underestimating the power of command rerolls

I deep striked some terminators and rolled a 5 and a 1 for my charge distance. Rerolled that 1 into a 6 and suddenly my terminators were all up in their assholes.

Can baneblade with 4 heavy flamer sponsons(717 pts) work? Thats pretty much 1/3 of roster. But it can work as charge screen and baneblade has giant infantry killing potential.

So a Chapter that mocks Abaddon?