MTG Snowflake General

Supplementary Product/Variant Format Edition.

Share/Rate your MTG snowflakes here.

>Would your flake be more likely to assist the Gatewatch or assist Nicol Bolas?

>Is your flake more likely to be an archenemy or more likely to be among those teaming up against one? Perhaps describe the scenario.

>If ever an archenemy, what would your flakes have for archenemy schemes? (Use either custom or existing schemes)

>New Nicol Bolas Schemes: (Scroll to the bottom, to Click to Reveal Scheme Gallery)
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/archenemy-nicol-bolas-preview-2017-06-05

>Archenemy Rules:
mtg.gamepedia.com/Archenemy_(format)

>Plane flaking and companion planechase cards to go with them are also encouraged.

>Planechase Rules:
mtg.gamepedia.com/Planechase_(format)
(See 901.3. for details of planar deck stipulations for 1v1 dueling.)

We also have a discord - discord.gg/6d8HgM

Salum would probably assist the Gatewatch. None of the flakes would probably assist Bolas.

Fuar Linn is blatantly a ridiculous meta joke and a plot device, so obviously he'd be an archenemy. If he wants to make planeswalkers fight one another to prove their worth so he knows that they are worth fighting, then he surely could get himself into a problem where he has to fight a few at once.

Here's a Scheme that I brewed up for him.

Reposting invicibird from last thread.

Actually made before Amonkhet was released, and I was super worried that my idea for an egyptian birdwalker wouldn't fit with it, but it turned out fine.

I want to repeat how much I like this. I like this a lot.

I'm not 100% on my Amonkhet lore, but do beings of all of the races run trials? I guess I just was under the impression that it was humans.

Ashlyn wouldn't directly assist the gatewatch, but she'd be trying (and failing) to kick Bolas' dragon ass.
So maybe she could be an enemy as a Slave of Bolas after a failed attempt, but would most likely be fighting against him instead.

She is not archenemy material, I don't think.

Nahkt was doing the trials along with Djeru and Samut.

>>Would your flake be more likely to assist the Gatewatch or assist Nicol Bolas?
> Thane
Most likely Bolas, although Nissa seems like she might be able to help with the leyline linking thing, he'd probably be too salty they took any of the glory from him.
> Lydia
Well she's got more colors in common with Bolas, but also is more into discovering new things in dangerous ways for the benefit of the world, so probably Jacewatch. She'd be pretty tempted to look into the Hekma and how the gods work however.
>>Is your flake more likely to be an archenemy or more likely to be among those teaming up against one? Perhaps describe the scenario.
> Thane
Archenemy, for sure. I've actually been planning a quest on another site which revolves around finding out who's behind some strange activities, and ending up learning the whole story behind Thane's plane, and how to help it if the MC is interested enough
> Lydia
Teaming up against, and most likely against Thane, or against Ugin. She likes ghosts, she doesn't like ghost planeswalkers who have time magic.
>>If ever an archenemy, what would your flakes have for archenemy schemes? (Use either custom or existing schemes)
> Thane
Picture attached, if the story I have planned plays out.

I might do some casual intro-story writing here, get some feedback on how the character interacts first.

Orlov would help the Gatewatch. He's not a good guy but what kind of moron would help Bolas when they themselves have ambitions across the planes.
>>Is your flake more likely to be an archenemy or more likely to be among those teaming up against one? Perhaps describe the scenario.

At the height of his power Orlov would be an Archenemy. After he restores the Falkenrath to power on Innistrad he plans to spread his bloodline across several planes

I'd like to second , bird dude is pretty awesome. Thinking of making some nonhuman walkers myself now.

Quick, what planes have Dwarves on them. Does Zendikar?

The main one is Kaladesh. I don't think Zendikar has dorfs

Yeah, I found two kinds of dwarves, and saw last thread we're lacking Mardu and Azban colors, so I thought I'd make two diametrically opposed dwarf walker mercs in those colors, but it looks like dorfs aren't green.
> one will protect you, the other will try to kill you. Choose wisely.

Dominaria had Dorfs.

Yeah, making the Mardu from the Pardic Mountains

How do you guys come up with names? It's been the hardest part for me. I try to find something that's appropriate for the plane but the more bizarre the plane gets the harder it gets

> stuntedbrain. picking a name that subtly shows off the character's skills or personality
> smallbrain. spamming namegens online to find fantasy sounding names
> largerbrain. mashing together random letters and adding adjectives
> biggerbrain. making anagrams of names of people you already know
> brainplanet. google "Hammer McFistFace

Bumping while I finish off these dorfs

Here comes that dorf, oh shit whaddup

More dorfs.

I tried to make their backstory and the spells they use flow together into a sort of story - so Cohen equips his men with the mining-type cards and pillages in the first row, goes full battle-bro in the second, and then shows off his military-police skills in the third.

Reposting the updated sheet from the last thread, since for some reason it wasn't included in the OP.

Needs more nonhumans imo

>Last Thread

Doing god's work. Have you got the templates?

Not that guy, but I do. The old ones, at least.

Oh, there's the new one.
Here's the plane template, which I think has been used like, twice. We should get some more of these things.

Main features of the third storm:
>Everyone seems to have an aversion to monocolor flakes.
>For better or worse, most people seem to gravitate towards human flakes. At least, more than they did before. There's barely even any elves.
>Thankfully, no particularly memetic or supremely popular flakes have emerged. Even Celuel and Cala only have moderate followings.

Overall, it's a pretty chill storm, even if it lacks variety.

If you follow the Discord (I wouldn't, it's masturbatory shitposting that produces negative content) Hroth has emerged as the preeminent husbando flake.

That was just something that lasted for like, a week. It's calmed down since then.

>Everyone has an aversion to monocolor flakes
I dropped a WUBRG cycle of flakes into it as soon as it started. I dunno what everyone else's problem is.

Keep your fucking thread titles consistent so you pathetic shits wont slip past my filters. Or just do your shit at Discord out of real people's way.

(You)

Does anybody have Amogenos's flake sheet?

Thanks.

Bump

>implying any flakes have any followings

>
No flakes really have a following. Everybody hid away in the Discord, so people can't shitpost and force anything anonymously.

Bump

>Today, I will remind them all.

Thank you

The only people who anonymously shitpost are those that are against such circlejerking in the first place.

I've gotta do some work on kherto's sheet to shape up his character a bit more. Swap away from a Phyrexian horror and have him be assaulted by a disgruntled mirran. He's supposed to be very auþoritarian, pro selfless servitude and oppressive order.

>Gate watch or bolas?
Assuming bolas is going to make a structured plane of slaves, bolas, but if he's going to make a chaotic, grixisian hellscape, he'd probably just stay out of it. Upstarts aren't to be humoured, no matter which way you cut it.
>Be an archenemy or team up?
Kherto's loftiest desire would probably be being a mid-rank governor over and orderly township. He's more of an archenemy's henchman.
>schemes?
Staxxing, taxing, and prison effects. I may have a go at a custom scheme later, but it'd level out to pure suppression, denial, and punishment, probably. He wins by being weak, but making opponents weaker.

Tsukiyo would probably assist the Gatewatch from arm's length, and wouldn't be an archenemy. The whole "monastic discipline" thing means she'd frown upon anything like "meddling", seeing Bolas as the worse option but the Gatewatch themselves as a possible threat, and wouldn't be manipulative and self-aggrandizing enough to be an archenemy.

> go to sleep
> wake up
> no comment on my dwarves
Shit, should I just keep to humans?

Your issue is dwarves are too human-like.

No one actually comments on each other's flakes in these threads unless they're waifus or particularly unique.

There is nothing unique about a dwarf on Veeky Forums.

How does a Dwarf end up on Amonkhet and end up unnoticed, unless he was walked right into a place that was easily looted? Not to mention noticing Jace. The rest of it works, I like the gambling problem where he's trying to get back into the gambling dens he was initially kicked out of.

The only thing I am curious about it if the memories of Khans Tarkir just straight up vanish, leaving a gap in people's memories, or if they end up with memories of a similar time spent in Dragons Tarkir.

KTK Tarkir never existed. At all. No altered memories, no gaps. It's always been dragons. One mentally unwell, dragon-loving hobo had amnesia, and is still a little confused, but it's all in his head.

> short, angry men who are good at mining with a vice associated with a minority on the British Isles
Shit, what am I doing wrong?
>How does a Dwarf end up on Amonkhet and end up unnoticed, unless he was walked right into a place that was easily looted?
I'm just imagining they tell everyone they see they're a dwarf, and people think they mean stunted human and it works.
> memories of Khans Tarkir just straight up vanish
He never ended up going because history changed, but I'm counting that he 'visited' it once, since it's something he would have done if history wasn't borked. So now his lightning power is from the Everstorm on Valla instead.

The only place history changed is Tarkir, so Walkers who went to Tarkir in the Khans timeline also went to Tarkir in the Dragons timeline for the same duration. Otherwise none of the events Sarkhan was involved in would have taken place because he was never born in the new timeline, yet he still exists outside of Tarkir.

Canon is that no planeswalker visited Tarkir between Ugin's 'death' and Sarkhan reviving him, creating the Dragons timeline. So any walking that he would have done would have been in the Dragons timeline.

Alright, so he arrived, did a bit of fighting as usual, left.

New villain flake, ahoy

This guy is WAY too old for this shit.

Would give headpats to and possibly turned into a tree by.

One of the best flakes made so far in terms of flavor.
Normally I'd say that this guy has too many spells from planes he didn't visit, but those spells don't have any flavor that ties them to their plane of origin, so it's okay.
Is he still interested in fighting that demon of his? If so, I imagine he wouldn't stay put on Theros. Instead, he'd probably search for other planeswalkers that would go with him to his world.

He definitely is interested in fighting the demon again, but he knows he can't take it on his own. I imagine his hero-training as a way of trying to recruit someone who can help him, but he hasn't met any planeswalkers yet.
And even so, he has sort of a complex about his destiny. He's willing to compromise accepting help, but the demon is still his nemesis and he has to be the one who kills it.

>tfw you're a custom card fag with your own settings so it's impossible to find appropriate images for your Planeswalkers because they're not of established fantasy races.

Petra assists those who can help her. If Jace could pull some Guildpact strings and get her into a Mizzium foundry, then the Gatewatch bought her services.
If Nicol Bolas dropped her a book of "World destroying machines I came up with in my sleep last night by Urza Planeswalker" Then he'd be getting her help with whatever.
I'd guess option 1 is more likely than option 2 though.

>Is your flake more likely to be an archenemy or more likely to be among those teaming up against one?
She could do both, but is more likely to be one of the team. Of course if she was ever in the archenemy position, perhaps by finally getting that foundry and going invention happy or her using more of the Rakdos in her, she could definitely have archenemy levels of capabilities.
Scheme choice is obvious: The pieces are coming together, the Iron Guardian stirs, Only blood can end your nightmares, Know naught but fire, I delight in your convulsions, feed the machine, there is no Refuge, Delight in the Hunt, and maybe Behold the Power of Destruction

Stealing from Shardbound.

Hard to say, the presence of Liliana makes helping the Gatewatch questionable but there's such a thing as a greater good.

>Is your flake more likely to be an archenemy or more likely to be among those teaming up against one? Perhaps describe the scenario.
More likely to team up against one, though as an angel there is definitely room for her to be teamed up on. Evil flakes(as in flakes that a Black and White mentality like that of an angel would consider evil) could team up to beat on her or maybe she's evil herself like pic related.

>If ever an archenemy, what would your flakes have for archenemy schemes? (Use either custom or existing schemes)
I think it'd need to be mardu Serena to work, as RW does not lend itself well to interesting archenemies. Inside that I'd be thinking something aristocrats based, tokens, saccing and temporary mind controls to sac their stuff too. Schemes like 'What's yours is mine' would need to be there and maybe a scheme with a replacement effect similar Kalitas or Anafenza implying her draining the life from victims leaving them unable to be revived.

Why not ask in a drawthread? Or commission one?

BOLASED.com

The BDC was too strong.

>Didn't get home in time for the Orc Girl thread to get art for a new flake

Try .

Thanks

They shouldn't of been an almost unheard of game with perfect art for the character I wanted to make.

I do admit using the name too was uncreative of me, but I am not good at names.

Hey, question. user who made up here and I'm working on a Gwyllion flake based around curses. Question is, should I make her monoblack or b/w? I couldn't figure out what would make a better curse walker, or honestly where the W would come from beyond just "is a gwyllion".

Just go monoblack, unless you come up with a reason for her to be otherwise.

>almost unheard of
Don't besmirch the developers of Dawngate with that slander.

There's an MMO for MtG coming out
Taking bets on how quickly this place gets spammed with screenshots, and we're forced to make a containment thread on /v/ for them.

Holy shit that's going to be a trainwreck. I'll still play it, though.

Wait, why is there a non-green elf. Aren't all MTG elves green?

> expecting consistency with flakes
If Wizards doesn't respect their storyline and characters enough to keep them consistent, we might as well make monogreen dwarves, blue thrulls and angel/construct walkers, cos fuck em.

Even outside that we've had blue, black and white elves. Though the blue was also green.

> mutant

Elves in Lorwyn are black and/or green.
There's also a UR elf artificer.
Some people just don't respect the color pie.

>Elves in Lorwyn are black and/or green.

iirc, they are also white?

>Some people just don't respect the color pie.

Colour pie is more for mechanics than creatures. I mean, literally every single colour has angels at this point.

Elves in Shadowmoor are white or green.

Right, that's what I was thinking of. Since they are two halves a whole.

>Aren't all MTG elves green?

no

Look, creatures going against the grain of their colors are always a thing within MtG lore.

Vampires donning white, red, and blue.
Zombies donning blue and white.
Merfolk donning green, white and black.
Dwarves donning white.
Eldrazi donning colors.

Need I go on? Seriously though, it's not like the flake is a normal creature expanding off against it's own nature. The flake is a Planeswalker. Their identity and personality can be drastically affected by the planes they visit. Just look at Sarkhan, Tamiyo, and Ajani. Hell, even Nissa who was once a tree hugging Nazi is now taking in a little blue.

It's called story telling. And if nothing changes, it gets boring.

So, who wants a storyarc involving multiple flakes?

Please no more. Snow-Time Spiral was bad enough last time.

Neah, I was thinking more of a simple adventure.

I mean, if you wanna do some collabs I'm sure people would be down.

Those creatures just splash the colors you say they "don"
Creatures sometimes change colors because it's related to the lore or Whizzards of the Cunts decides that it would be "balanced" to make things colored.
Eldrazi are one of the biggest fucking exceptions to the rule because Eldrazi weren't supposed to be colored but due to R&D worrying that colorless Eldrazzi would make them splashable, they got colors

>Shitposting about color pie and races

Look at it this way, people. Orcs are Chaotic Evil as a race. That doesn't mean every orc is Chaotic Evil.
It's the same with Elves and using green mana.

In fact, a non-green elf actually has an unique perspective, given their use of different mana would impact their worldview.

We could always do Obilev

Then make that part of their character, rather than making a non-green elf and not mention why they're divorced from the elvish focus on nature and tradition.

So which elf are you talking about? We have two that aren't green, and both of them have reasons to not be green. One was justifiably terrified of Slivers, forsaking tradition in order to exterminate them, and one was a mad scientist, which isn't very green at all unless you count the Simic under Momir Vig.

Obilev is like, 3% finished.

fuck man, I am in the middle of mocking up a planesheet, we should probably finish it up sooner than later

ok so here is a rough draft of the planesheet for Obilev. If anyone's interested, I'll post more about it later

But that's not an Elf, that's Oona.