Paizo Games General /pgg/?

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also known as /pfg/, Pathfinder and Starfinder welcome)

What are the weirdest weapons your characters have used/picked up?

Link repository, could really use an update: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What are the weirdest weapons your characters have used/picked up?
See normally I'd say an enemy Wizard but that's typical on Veeky Forums
Then I'd probably say that monk that did unarmed attacks with his Large cock for 1d8 damage at level 1 but that's also typical on Veeky Forums
So probably 3rd place is when I used a nuclear fuel rod as an improvised club.

I don't like the vancian spellcasting system, but I do like spells.
Is the Dreamscarred Press psionics stuff a good pick for this? I hear it's mosty X power, but you add Y points to make it suck less when you cast it.

Which games are still recruiting?

>weebo OP
>barely page 8
Fuck off.

Well, you'd need to do some refluffing, but you can very well use a psion in place of wizard or a wilder in place of a sorcerer, yes.

Are you upset?

Anime OP's are cancer ruining the thread.

You seem upset, take a deep breath.

>implying there's anything of value to ruin

>Complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

Who else is getting excited about Pathfinder: Kingmaker?

Maybe if it's moddable lmao

Why would I do that? ToEE is the immediate comparison and it's massively overrated shit.

Dude PoE II and D:OS II are both out soon
PF:Kangzmakerz is going to be novelty at best

Spheres of Power is also good if you want a more fluff-neutral option.

Don't really like mods, personally.
Actually it sounds more like they are drawing on Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate I & II, and Icewind Dale I & II.

Can't wait to play my cutie patootie Halfling Bard Queen.

There's a Path of Exile 2?

Jaysus.

Pillars of Eternity II and Divinity Original Sin II will both be fun games but I was bringing up Kingmaker because, well, this is the /pgg/ afterall.

PLD
Ensoulment
JttW
Chalice
A few others I'm forgetting

Adamantine +1 Plant-Bane Garden Shears

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home

That sounds kinda neat! I might write something up after I post an app for Chalice (I have to get in on the Near Eastern flair, that's my jam)

shitseeker and starshitter thread spam needs to be banned

kys wayne

Can you be Neutrally aligned if you murder people for money?

Don't think so if you're an assassin, but you can be LE.

What's your Law-Chaos axis point if you're a contract killer with no factional loyalties that likes to send money home for mum?

Could be LE, could be NE.

LE or NE.

Depends on how picky you are about your targets. If you only kill people who deserve it, I don't see why not.

>if you're a contract killer with no factional loyalties that likes to send money home for mum?

The thing you and everyone else needs to understand is that Evil does not mean you're a misanthropic sociopath; Evil characters can not only have friends, they can fall in love - hell, they can have infatuations and fall *desperately* in love. The only difference with an Evil character is they have no qualms about how to defend, enrich or otherwise support those loved ones; a Good character might go out and work a second job to support his family. A Neutral Evil character will sneak out and slit that Good character's throat to steal his shit to do the same.

Why do you kill people for money instead of farming or other peasantry?

What's "Lawful" about LE? What sets it apart from NE?
We'll use the context of this assassin that loves their mum. No secret order membership, no religious vows or anything. What about this person even COULD make them "Lawful"?

Raised around criminals and ne'er-do-wells in the bad part of town to never do well, and happened to excel at stabbing dudes.

I have a question, mostly aimed to people that played pathfinder, but has anyone played FFD20, and if so, what do you think about it?

Presumably as an assassin he's taking jobs from someone, otherwise he's just a plain murderhobo not an assassin. An assassin is always hired.

Do they have rules of engagement? Do they have principles on who they kill, for what money, and so on?

NE covers a very broad range, from the "ultimate egoist" type to "kill because death"-daemons. CE is "I do what I want and I don't care who suffers" of various flavors. LE is "I care about consequences, but as long as they are okay in MY book it's all good".

The difference between Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil is their focus on either perverting the legal system to get what they want, or having a strict moral code that, however corrupted, guides their actions.

It's comparing the honorable "Black Knight" archetype villain to, say, Sauron.

NE can also be "I need something done but I don't care what". Someone determined to save his sister from some sort of supercurse and is willing to do anything (anything being the type of 'anything' that makes Lucifer happy) to make it happen is NE, even if his goal itself might be fine.

True Neutral is the average person, the typical peasant.

Neutral Good therefore is the idealized average person, and Neutral Evil is the average person if they were Gypsies.

That's true! Something of an independent contractor with an attentive mentor.

>rules of engagement
>who they kill
Didn't kill the child of a mark once despite said child witnessing the assassin (albeit while masked)
>for what money
Depends on market forces, m8

Hmm, sounds like it takes a lot more than just being pragmatic, then.

Basically, the good-evil axis is the spectrum of how far the character believes "The ends justify the means"

Yeah, NE is sounding more and more appropriate by the minute.

Thanks, /pgg/as!

>Hmm, sounds like it takes a lot more than just being pragmatic, then.

Neutral Evil characters are pragmatic, Lawful Evil characters have a code.

And Morgan Freeman says "FUCK THE CODE."

EVERY alignment can be pragmatic, there is no Stupid alignment. NE and CE aren't Stupid Evil.

>Neutral Evil is the average person if they were Gypsies.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

Chaotic alignments BY DEFINITION are stupid as fuck.

>Barzillai Thrune and Senshen

No they aren't. They just value freedom over order.

No they aren't. CE is literally "might makes right" the alignment when it comes to government, a CE isn't going to be suicidal all the time. You can have shit like CE trickster types (Christian meme Loki is CE but not at all stupid), or CE people who just have nothing better to do with their time than fuck people up. Also, succubi are CE and not stupid, they even wait years to get a return on their investment sometimes.

Relinking since I'm still getting messaged about it.

Chloromancer, a support class that becomes a fey queen

Lawful to chaotic could be viewed as how much you restrict yourself on your choice of means for your end?

>courtesy of Wist
Is it true that if we get accepted into PLD we can PM Wist whenever we want?

Yes, you can even kiss her.

>t. Lawfag

How do you role play chaotic good in a way that is not obnoxious?

I keep it in the group discord

You're a Chad.

And not like, one of those manufactured Hate-Chads that /r9k/ hawks, an honest-to-goodness nice guy that encourages your buddies to seize life and enjoy themselves.

Win brownie points by doing a Chad thing of trying to build your friends up because it gets you off, like hooking the awkward fighter up with that fat-chested redhead or working through the Sorceress's parental issues so she comes to terms with them.

In that case, IWD2 would be the point of comparison.

IWD2 was shit. Worst Infinity Engine game bar none.

This.

Christian meme Loki is Snorri's fucking fanfiction anyway.

Sounds more Neutral Good to me. For the sake of comparison, Pathfinder's CG gods include an ascended alcoholic, a space alien worshiped by hippies, and pic related but with angel wings and covered tits.

>and pic related but with angel wings and covered tits.

Paizo could've been onto something if they let Milani let her fat pair of chest knockers free.

>Milani fights against oppression
>Realizes that to fight against it harder, she needs to stop oppressing herself
>Goes braless and shows off her chest because her bra was oppressing her tits

Well, user... you might be on to something

>Reading Irongfang Invasion OP.
>Bad guys throw men, monsters and equipment on par with final showdowns from Peter Jackson's movies at a dinky little town that realistically would be direly threatened by maybe 50 thugs with swords.

For fuck's sake, Paizo, your ability to scale adventures to the setting is getting actively worse.

You don't need a bra when you're a goddess.

Paizo is staffed by fat, historically-ignorant thirty-somethings in the West Coast Liberal Bubble, I don't think they understand how Medieval or even Renaissance warfare was done.

Hell, you wouldn't even need 50 thugs, could be like 20 well-armed dudes with chainmail and shields.

I'll write an app this week. What are her preferences?

Good thing Golarion is Medieval or even Renaissance then.

Cute dresses, nobility?

YOU DON'T THROW AN ARMY AT A 100 DUDE VILLAGE.

>Good thing Golarion is Medieval or even Renaissance then.
user 1600 german podunk villages with maybe 150 people would've been appropriately threatened by ten dudes in chainmail and carrying maces, one of whom has a nice little crest on his cap.

Literally why not?

People in Pathfinder don't get fatigued from fighting. If you have the forces to mow down through a village why NOT do it?

>If you have the forces to mow down through a village why NOT do it?
Are you retarded?
1. you don't need that many people to mow through a village
2. why do you want to kill everyone in a village when they're the ones planting the crops you're collecting taxes from come next autumn?

Bully dom who has a better figure than her?

Golarion is mishmash of cultures incompatible from viewpoints of chronology, geography (both geographical relations of their RL prototypes and geography of Golarion itself), and common sense, and you don't get to justify an example of stupid worldbuilding by bringing an example of even stupider worldbuilding.

>user 1600 german podunk villages with maybe 150 people would've been appropriately threatened by ten dudes in chainmail and carrying maces, one of whom has a nice little crest on his cap.

I've read Primary Source accounts of Roman villages being bullied by a single fucking Legionnaire.

Those were usually centurions to be fair which is more like being bullied by a colonel of the army.

>1. you don't need that many people to mow through a village
And?
>2. why do you want to kill everyone in a village when they're the ones planting the crops you're collecting taxes from come next autumn?
Because Hobgoblin's think human's are disgusting/tasty/whatever?

You want to install your own population there?

You want to show thee rest of the world your not fucking around and total annihilation is a good way to do that?

You're just fucking mean?

So, how can one play a TN character who kills people for money?

You can't? Murder is an evil act.

>If you have the forces to mow down through a village why NOT do it?

Why focus all your forces on one village when you can spread your tendrils and focus on twenty villages? This is how armies back in the day worked.

Hell, wouldn't that have been fun, for the AP? You're having this festival and then a mounted force of assholes ride up and demand food, silver and maybe a pretty girl or two. Party fights them, party wins, and then they realize who the fighting force was for and the village evacuates before retribution.

Bounty hunter or mercenary.

>And?
So it's stupid? Committing troops here means less troops elsewhere you idiot.

>Because Hobgoblin's think human's are disgusting/tasty/whatever?
But that's not what happened.

>You want to install your own population there?
Then you conquer the place and enslave, drive out, or butcher them later, you don't sent hundreds of crack troops to deal with fewer dirtfarmers.

>You want to show thee rest of the world your not fucking around and total annihilation is a good way to do that?
Ah YES you annhilated 100 commoners with three times as many soldiers you sure showed me damn I am scared

>You're just fucking mean?
It's not Evil it's Chaotic Stupid Evil.

Men or women? Age?

The Primary Source was a letter to the local garrison's centurion, the Legionnaire enjoyed drinking and would raise hell in the town when he was drunk.

Why isn't Big Slut bullying Little Slut, then?

Gloriana is too nice and dumb

Because Gloriana is literally stupid and Lawful Good.

What she needs is an aggressively full-figured woman that enjoys lording her large breasts and ample hips over the Cashmere, only to realize those things are a target when the monsters come out to breed her.

The AP in question ("Assault on Longshadow" adventure, specifically) does not portray massive commitment of CR 6-12 threats (including a planar gate allowing to deploy effectively unlimited amount of hobgoblin mooks) to a small town as ludicrous overkill, and while it is clear that without PCs the town is fucked, defense do not collapse immediately without them, in fact, the party is supposed to make a raid on the enemy headquarters in the midst of battle, instead of handling almost everything by themselves.

To play devil's avocado a bit, Vikings and Raiders didn't have that much of an issue with annihilating an entire village.

They'd only do it if they wanted to mask their movements or the village was particularly cuntish, like what would happen in Ironfang Invasion.

>tfw an aggressive full figured woman bullying me with her sluttiness is my fetish

stop this.

>Committing troops here means less troops elsewhere you idiot.
But they obviously don't want troops elsewhere.
>Then you conquer the place and enslave, drive out, or butcher them later, you don't sent hundreds of crack troops to deal with fewer dirtfarmers.
You do in a setting with Fireball and monsters in the wilderness.

20 dudes with swords in shields in a fantasy setting isn't a fucking threat. It's the butt of a bad joke and some easy EXP for a burgeoning group of murder hobos to snack on. That's the reality of the way the worlds in pathfinder work. Don't like it? Play Song of Swords.
>Ah YES you annhilated 100 commoners with three times as many soldiers you sure showed me damn I am scared
Eh. Give it time.
>Party fights them, party wins
This is precisely why you send hundreds of crack troops to destroy one village. To stop shit like this from happening.

Why not somebody who has even less assets than Cashmere, constantly bullying her by groping her and telling her that she's a horny little slut who'd hike up her skirts for any man who paid her a compliment?

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HISTORICALLY ACCURATE AND MECHANICALLY INTERESTING WAY TO PORTRAY THE BEGINNING OF IRONFANG INVASION?

INSTEAD OF A WHOLE FUCKING ARMY, JUST HAVE LIKE 20 MOUNTED LEVEL 7 GUYS SHOW UP AND DEMAND THEIR STUFF.

YOU THINK A BAND OF LEVEL 1 ADVENTURERS WILL HAVE AN EASY TIME KILLING LEVEL 7s?

>historically accurate
>pathfinder

You're playing the wrong game steve.

Yeah but those are raiders. People who actually annhilated villages include Huns, Scythians, and Mongols - but that's not really what's happening here, because in these cases they're on the move and the village is literally just in the way.

>20 dudes with swords in shields in a fantasy setting isn't a fucking threat
Dude yes it is, a 100 man village in pathfinder is lucky to have an Adept 1 preaching for them. 20 Fighter 2 in good gear will slaughter the commoners.

>Eh. Give it time.
Why am I supposed to be threatened by people who need to actually try in order to kill peasants? Fucking shit Cloudkill does the job in seconds.

>This is precisely why you send hundreds of crack troops to destroy one village. To stop shit like this from happening.
They're not even crack though, because if it was just 6 level 12 Mounted Royal Archers that would've been 'crack' troops. It's like hundreds of literal levy peasants.

>Histroically Accurate
>Golarion
Golarion is not Earth. It does not have Earth cultures. There is precisely zero reason why their customs and methods should align with those of whatever period you think they should align with. In short

>in short, I defend shit writing because LOL ITS NOT REAL :ddddd