/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread: I feel like last thread was pretty good, I'm proud of you all, good job. I didn't read any of it in case I would see something that upset me.

Other urls found in this thread:

toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Gourmet_Cells
youtube.com/watch?v=BD71835r80o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm feeling somewhat under the weather, so I hope you guys are having a nice day. All of you, even the shitposters.

Also, cyoa makers, cheers. I appreciate your work.

Thanks for the OC last thread, user. It was pretty fun. You mind if I stay over tonight? You can tell me about the next cyoa you'll be working on.

Oh and do you got any spare underwear I can borrow tonight? I've been freeballing today.

Sure, bro.

Borrowing boxers is kind of gay, though.

Don't make this weird

I'm working the Great Joust for Beastmaster but not until the weekend. And maybe that Pokemon waifu thing.

I refuse to think I'm the only one who takes food into account when designing his kingdom in cyoas. I always include a coast for a supply of fresh fish and seafood, and a forest for delicious game. When there's special options available I also think of the culinary implications. Flying islands? How would the high altitude affect the meat? Magic? How does magic in the air affect the taste of an animal? Monsters? What does a dragon taste like or what happens when you cook using a dragon's flame?

I always try to ally up with at least one desert kingdom for spices. Aquatic kingdoms for delicious seafood from the depths too.

>Liberty
That one's the best. There's so many places all around the world, close and far I'd like to visit but it all takes time, effort, dealing with beaurocracy, transport etc issues and money I don't have.

>Smartest Phone
I actually don't really care for new tech, still using old cellphone from 2005 or so. But the traits this one has, especially unlimited everything and storage would be helpful in general. Yes, I'd probably use it as a portable super HDD. I hope the battery lasts a bit (preferably forever or it doesn't need a battery at all and is in reality indestructible, unopenable magitech that just looks and functions as a smartphone - feel free to elaborate).

>Fruity Drink
I don't care for drinks but having "whatever beverage" always available would cut a lot of my expenses (nothing fancy, but having drinkable water always or some can of soup if it qualifies would be nice). If those beverages indeed include "liquid food", together with my liberty that would make me really independant and able to go wherever without worrying about starvation. And yes, I am poor.

I assume carrying some lightweight door set if I just want to camp in the wild with a way to go back wouldn't be too much of an abuse?

What kingdom cyoas?

I usually prefer to have kingdoms that are either isolated, experience heavy rainfall or contain rich ore deposits.

>Divine Pupper
>Divine Shampoo
>Smartest Phone

Thanks Sunny

Logistics is very important and I hate it when people write off these issues with unexplainable magic/science, to an extent.

That being said, I don't think your obesity has anything to do with it, but you gotta lose weight, man.

I like the other copypastas better. Was the fujo banned? And what happened to salted potatoes?

I just make myself a lich or whatever so I don't have to deal with pesky bodily needs.

You've posted that in the last thread. Are you really that starved for an answer? Here's a (You), user.

Oh, you'd like someone to share your attitude? Well, I rarely choose particular lands for particular foodstuffs because often they are magical and fantasy/alien so who knows what may grow where. Plus, even kingdoms on steppes may have streams and lakes where fish dwell or some fruit-tree orchards. Often there's also just an option of comemrce. Mostly I just care about there being some food available in general and that plus some variety is nearly almost a given.

I do really enjoy tasty food IRL but I am building a kingdom not restocking my own larder!

Idea:
>Food Kingdom CYOA.
>Choose different food-affecting powers, social and technological advantages leading to invention and improvement of different aspects and styles fo cuisine, different regions, each offering varied options of particular foods - both common, realistic and rare, fantastical. There are waifus willing to prepare you tasty things, beasts whose meat is delicious and drinks to complement your feasts!

If it's option, I try to include coast for supply of fish and trading and then I consider what kinda crops you can grow in other areas. Generally I try to make picks so that my kingdom can be self-sufficient for food, unless other options are really better and allow for easy and stable food imports.

I don't really think about tastes tho.

Do deserts actually have more spices or is just that desert nations use more spices to preserve food?

>I refuse to think I'm the only one who takes food into account when designing his kingdom in cyoas
this is actualy a good idea
Flying islands? How would the high altitude affect the meat?
it seem that isolated habitat can create cases of gigantism on dwarfism in some species, i've seen a documentary on dwarf elephants like that once
> Magic? How does magic in the air affect the taste of an animal?
what about animal that impact their environement, like creatures that increase growth of plants around them
>what happens when you cook using a dragon's flame?
it's burnt
>I always try to ally up with at least one desert kingdom for spices. Aquatic kingdoms for delicious seafood from the depths too.
flying islands make me hard

>Do deserts actually have more spices or is just that desert nations use more spices to preserve food?
I think both and neither. A lot of the stuff that's considered spices and is commonly used comes mainly from "somewhat-desert-y" regions but it's just because those certain plants and whatnot that get turned into those particular spices grow there. There are also many seasonings and whatnot all over the world, many of which can be a good substitute, though.

Also, I am hungry now. Time to go eat.

Unsalted potatoes started getting deleted, apparently it was guro.

I think people just learned to ignore the fujoposter but people still reply to you so clearly they have learned nothing.

I wonder if there's some literature about what kinda things fantasy kingdom actually needs daily, like how much food is consumed daily, salt and other essential nutrients that we don't really think about, what are they and where do you get them?

I'd literally murder an entire orphanage to be a hunter in the Torikoverse, even knowing how fucked up the true lore is and that I'll probably be violently eaten within years.

This is now a Flying Islands thread! Post flying islands!

>citrus vampire
>divine pupper
>fruity drink
you stay healthy and live happy with your doggo and unlimited cold beer, comfy as fuck

You could probably live a quite satisfying life just slowly and steadily eating your way through and upwards the less dangerous wildlife.
No regal mammoths tho.

Let's build on a food themed cyoa. Adventure is a must. Waifus/husbandos a plus.

What's the premise? Why is food the center of the world?

I think he wants for you to make a kingdom builder CYOA. Hell, I would want you to, after your audit cyoa reeeeeee. And enough of your waifu cyoas. Or lowkey pitch it to anyone who pays him any attention. I would've made one if I hadn't already.
That or a dungeon builder.

What's that? A WIP? Or something from that new RPG maker?

There's tons of documentation on logistics. Just look at it from a military standpoint; the coalition just didn't go in the middle of Afghanistan without considering how they'd supply their troops. One of the first things they establish in a main staging base is a landing strip so they can fly in supplies, and they fly in a lot of shit. How else can they have damn Tim Hortons in a military base? Also have to consider how they got fresh water, or how they dealt with their waste.

In ye olden days, you often moved your army between bodies of water for sustainence, and traded with local populations. Or, well, pillaged it. Much cheaper and easier than transporting supplies from your homeland.

"You are what you eat."

People evolve based on their diet. High quality, high quantity, high variety food shapes one to be superhuman.

The elite are the hunter-Kings and chef-Kings who hunt for and prepare legendary meals, receive incredible boons, and conquer entire lands with their newfound power.

flying island are my favorite setup
we need a flying island/kingdom cyoa
with airships and stuff

Reminds me of my faerie/fantasy race build where I was a giant black dragon pretending to be a human and acting as the captain of a band of sky pirates.

It was a simple, low quality build but damm do I wish it were real.

There's enough kingdom builders already, although I am the one who started Domain Master. Bliss finished that cause I left it unfinished.

One CYOA I wanted to do was a fortress builder where you had to do the number crunch to sustain your fortification (logistics), manage your personnel and defend against attacks/act as a staging point for missions. Would've kinda been like a fantasy Star Dust in terms of mechanics and CYOA structure (you'd pick things like the size of your fort, for example), but that's on hold while I work on my current lineup. I think that will be a next year project.

Well, Toriko has already been mentioned
toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Gourmet_Cells
Might...want to ignore most of the text on that page and focus on the cells.

If you want to make it less physical, eating animal gives you part of it's spirit. If you eat too much of one animal, it's spirit starts to manifest more completely, several years of eating only a single thing could transform you entirely into that thing. Vegetation either has some kind of spirit too, maybe it is too weak to actually manifest so it's just general energizing effect or when eaten alongside animal it could affect the animal's spirit somehow. There's lots of delicious vegetables, like beer, that I want to give reason to have around.

So you would want to eat as varied diet as possible to prevent a single spirit from affecting you too much, unless you find a monster that you think is really powerful and hunt them for their traits.

I actually remember that! I'm pretty sure I read it months ago
Do you have it stored somewhere?

Yeah but all modern logistics is basically shipping ready meals around. People worry more about having too much salt in their food than too little.

I guess I'll ask around.

Do I have to mark doors with FACP? Or there exists doors that are already marked with FACP

Not a WiP, just art from some game. Looks promising though.

>Bliss finished that cause I left it unfinished.
Yeah I did but I wanted to see you complete it so badly.

A fortress builder sounds great, but fortress sounds a little dull. A dungeon or something like a guild headquarters sounds even better.

The need for sustainence and hygiene is still there regardless, whether you're shipping dried food or MREs. You have to consider logistics in any setting, even sci fi. Unless, of course, everyone is robots. But then it becomes a problem focusing more on energy and maintenance instead.

Wasn't there a "pick the order of four Elemental sisters" WIP, where putting the Air one on top led to Skylands?

What ever happened to that CYOA? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Fortress sounds very interesting. Reminds me of the marquis/margrave option in Solar Inheritance.

That's at least 3 years old and went nowhere because the whole thing got too confusing for my sub80 IQ brain.

Domain Master is too much. Too game-y.

The best kingdom builder in my opinion was that small DLC to the first Knightbros. There's another small one that's been circulating lately too where you receive a humble amount of land from the King and a castle.

I think I really prefer more humble kingdom builders actually. Although Empress was great too.

Post more

>Wasn't there a "pick the order of four Elemental sisters" WIP

>There's another small one that's been circulating lately too
pls post
I love kingdom builders too

Psssh. Take this.

I haven't seen this before, but its awesome.

>Cursed Item
Blackhelm, the Harbinger of Sorrows
I'm a magical helm that offers its wearer great power at great cost (ie falling under my control)
>theme
youtube.com/watch?v=BD71835r80o

>Shadow Step
>Ground Slam
>Final Form

>Doppleganger
>Mallory Le Fay

>El Tigre Rojo
The white mask to my black helm
>Agent White
His spunky love interest
>Damien
Who dies in act three

I'll also learn
>Mind Over Matter
and
Inner Flame

This was fun!

I don't have much on my phone.

I'm not much for "muscle girls" but athletic girls are the best.

That's the one! Thanks, user!

Ah, was that your work? Well, it's a shame it'll never be done. I liked what you had so far.

Probably would pick Sylph, Melissa, Terra, and Effef. Not sure if I'd go magic or genius, but I'm leaning genius. It fits with a Skylands setting better, and I like the aesthetic.

>The elemental you choose as minor will die or become insane
Damm i will never be able to choose under this conditions

>posting from your phone
so you are the biggest faggot ever, got it

You gotta post the build now. Don't be a tease.
W-what makes you think I'd be interested in this?

Ultimately it's their fault. They knew one of them would be destroyed by this crazy scenario. They could have let you pick two Seconds and two Majors.

Your letting me down SDA

>I'm not much for "muscle girls" but athletic girls are the best.

I understand, I don't like those hyper muscle monstrosities but I can still see your good taste

I'm at work, user. What do you want me to do?

stop posting

i am reading this thread after coming back with double the portion of stewed beef with two types of salads and potatoes and after eating breaded cutlet with potatoes and cabbage with cream.

No, I am not fat but I am glutonous and it's my birthday. I may consider making that food kingdom CYOA I've thought of above, though don't hold breath - if it will happen, it will happen far into the future.

you could work

Keep posting

>I am not fat
Sure you aren't, fatty.

Uh, effects of any element reduced to minor will pretty much destroy the world. It's like actually causing massive elemental imbalance is really bad idea. Only sane response is to reject their offer.

BMI absolutely fine. I do have a bit of tummy and would use proper exercise but I am active enough and more importantly - go without food when busy and concentrating on something long enough - that I hardly would be considered even chubby, yet alone fat.

Plus, I just look too good for that in general.

Sorry user, I don't have many muscle girl pics, I just thought you'd like that Korra one

Have an athletic girl instead

>Food Kingdom cyoa

Tell me more.

Thanks user

goto:

>Choose sylph as prime and effef as minor
>Laugh at leviathan trapped in its puddle

That explanation is kind of vague but go for it. I'm currently on a 3 day fast after accidentally eating 5000+ calories on sunday.

How do you eat 5000 calories in one day?

>ACCIDENTALLY eating 5000+ calories
How did that happen? Were you absentmindedly eating lard straight from a jar?

Easy. I woke up and was feeling hungry so I figured I'd make a pizza. I added plenty of cheese, olives and sausages. Then a few hours later I felt like eating a few sandwiches with the same sausage and mayo. Then by the evening I was given some deep fried chicken by my neighbour which I ate with more sandwiches. I also snacked on a box of chocolate and some chips during the day.

5000 calories from sugar and fat is pretty easy. Single biggish pizza with cheese and fatty ingredients will cover half of that goal.

Jesus, I'm almost 300 pounds and I don't eat like that, let alone "accidentally" eat like that. I'm feeling sick.

I'm only 170lbs at 6' though, fatty.

>America
You may not notice any immediate effects from doing this but wait until you get older.

>I added plenty of cheese, olives and sausages.
Jesus fuck, absolutely disgusting.

Cheese is pretty fucking delicious though.

not the way you eat it

>sign up for a cooking class at community college
>only one class left which they tell me is "close enough"
>learn how to cook pretty well at least, but also a lot of stuff I don't really think I need like hunting things and building tents and clothes out of their skin and bones
>whatever maybe I can impress that cute girl back at the village by baking a cake now, girls love cakes

>instead get teleported to the depths of of some horrible underground forest full of monsters alongside an orc, a ninja and a stuck up blonde
>ninja keeps disappearing, blonde keeps making googly eyes at the orc, orc is a good dude but every now and then I find pamphlets for his religion in my bedroll
>try to pull my weight by making the camp as nice as I can using the steady stream of monster corpses these killing machines are bringing in
>can't wash my clothes because of the terrorfish in the lake, have to wear bits of dire lion for modesty or the blonde threatens to smite me for my indecency
>ninja magically reappears, I offer him my darkbeast flank roasted in tunnelstalker gizzards
>he likes it so much I'm declared the successor to his school of ultimate ninja techniques
>we finally accumulate enough rare monster parts to pay off my student loans and get teleported back to the surface
>finally, I can be a baker like dad wanted me to be
>orc says he'll invite me to the wedding, ninja says btw all that stuff he taught me makes me part of the secret ninja shadow war
>before I can ask either what they're talking about theres a flash of light

Holy shit, Muh Tabolism is real!

>implying I'm

>implying I had a reason to believe that was not the case

>implying others cannot have the same opinions

user eats like shit then fasts for days. You eat almost as shit as him every day 24/7.

Your metabolism is defined by how active your body is. The more active you are, the faster your metabolism works to fuel your activities. In other words, exercise.

Additionally, note he mentioned a three day fast due to doing this. Fatties just go 'oops, guess I shouldn't have done that', then go and do it again anyway because they have so self-control.

>that steroid feet.

>

>Not working and shitposting at the same time

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.
>wake up with some snake monster coiled around me, no doubt to crush the life from me before I'm devoured
>sure smells nice though
>wtf
>eventually I stop screaming long enough for Blossom to introduce herself and I give her my lion cape to wear like an apron so shes less distracting
>turns out she doesn't know where she is either but we figure we'll get moving towards that city in the distance
>turns out we're on a floating island and the only way off is a skyship; no one has heard of my home town but surely it can't be that far
>Blossom and I find a ship looking for crew and sign up for a voyage, me as ships cook, her as doctor
>get told we'll be paid in shares of the loot
>this seems kind of sketchy, I think we might be pirates now
>realize I should probably get on their good side so I don't get keelhauled or whatever so I make sure to bribe the first mate with the best wyvern steaks I can make
>he loves it so much that he gives me another wyvern to "fatten up"
>wyvern keeps following me around like a trusting puppy
>snake girl keeps falling out of the clothes I make for her and trying to sneak into my hammock which breaks it every time
>first mate is talking about getting a ship of his own and insists I'll be coming along
>I bet I still owe money to that fucking community college

Caaaause you're gay, nigga!
Don't deny it and you may get a reacharound

Vanguard, Executioner
The Burning Deep

Cassandra, Sherry, Yukiko.

A good mix of party skillsets should make the Burning Depths quite profitable. Hopefully. Maybe.

I like your stories. Probably if everyone would do it it get boring fast but once in a blue moon that's a nice way of presenting a build.

>post the build

It's a boring build. There's nothing special about it. Just the concept is fun as fuck.

-

>Black Dragon
>Tell: Black Tattoos
>Vow: Hedonism

>Unlock Magic (*)
>Other Magic; Conceptual Magic: Change (****)
>Appearance; Human form: handsome 9/10 (*****)

>Companion: Blossom the Snake Girl
>Nation: The Skylands
>Location: Pirate Ship
>Contact: Swift Flyer
>Contact: First Mate (*)
>Contact: Elemental Lance (***)

I'm the pirate captain of a Sky ship... and a Black Dragon to boot. No surprise my future pirate fleet will be called "the Black Dragons".

My magical power is nearly limitless thanks to that beautiful conceptual magic but I'd rather play this fairly and keep my personal power mostly hidden.

The snake girl is for... reasons.

Only 5 Kcal?
WTF user, did you only eat 20 grams of celery?

Your favourite tropes in cyoas and in general.

I'll start. Hugely powerful entities living mundane lives. Whether it's a dragon running a bakery, a goddess going to community college, a demon king working as a cashier, or an egyptian chaos demon getting comfy while it snows, I love it.

I'm not in the business of getting fighty over another dudes fetish or whatever, but I'm having touble seeing the appeal of that.

>also disagree about it being a good standard for anything other than maybe other 100% fluff CYOAs

I don't mean that Village is the perfect introduction to how a CYOA like Stardust works, I more mean that it introduces a person to the general way you go about actually playing a CYOA. You make some choices, you imagine how they play out.

Drinks, shampoo, and vacations

3D girls allowed?

I want to drink shampoo on my vacation.

I don't want to subject any of them to Minor, even if I already know Effef would be Prime.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter. Humanity and its activities are but a fraction of a fraction of a blink of the cosmic eye. Destroying man would not save the world, nor would empowering him doom it any sooner. The wheel of fate turns on its own time, and the coming void advances at its own speed. To ask them early is pointless. To delay them is impossible.

The only truth is Death.