Warhammer 40,000/40k general

No thread in the catalog edition.

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zhv71M5xXJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for imperial guard

People are gonna need lots of mortar proxies.

Second for scything talons granting multiple attacks.

First for nids. Does anyone else think that a trygon and a tunneled squad of genestealers looks fun as fuck or am i an idiot?

a trygon and tunneled anything looks fun as fuck. even pyrovores.

I've found power levels to be a fun way to throw together games in a pinch with people that you know aren't complete assholes.

Nevar forgetting

>some literally who thinks he can answer rules questions
I'll wait for the FAQ

I need barb wire decoration, any good ones to check out?

>Literally who
>Head of the development team

I'm currently getting the impression that power is legitimately better for balance reasons than points because it avoids the often dumb or otherwise nonsensical wargear pricing. Stuff that would be overcosted trash is suddenly much more competitive.

What's up with this mortar meme?

>40k streams awhile back
>rules writers dont even know marines cant charge out of rhinos

How many special weapons can a cultist blob take now? Still 1 per 10?

And so he changed the rules to make the game fit his version of reality.

Mortars are dirt cheap in new edition. You can have I think 3 full squads for the price of 1 Wyvern

>rules writers aren't infected with the cancer that was the meta
>somehow a bad thing

This is the beginning of a golden age, rejoice faggot.

troops only bubbo

he had almost certainly been playing more of what became 8th edition in playtesting than 7th or before, to be fair

>activate nova reactor on Riptide
>allocate the mortal wound to a nearby drone
Pic related, that's what I imagine what would happen.

God could directly tell some people what to do, and they would still look for instruction from the bible

read the rule again.

BUT GUIS, THIS ONE WORD IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT! CLEARLY THIS IMPLIES !

They were playing 7th, they just decided to ignore the fact you can't charge after disembarking because 7th was the edition of never being able to charge if you do anything at all and it was fucking shit.

How do you guys feel about Deff Dreadz, Mek Gunz, and Stormboyz?

I know Mek Gunz saw a lot of use last edition. Dreadz and Stormboyz are better r-right?

Are the Primaris any good? A friend wants the DG of the started box and wants me to get the loyalist marines.

How do allies work now? Will I be able to use Primaris, Deathwatch and Grey Knights in the same army? And maybe Eldars combined with any of those?

Pretty sure they don't.

Not eldar no. but you can ally all imperial units in the same detachment if you want.

Stormboyz should be great, jump infantry are buff this edition

I have 6 from two old battleforces. Going to need 12 more. Good thing is, mortars are easy-as-pie to make since they're essentially an angled tube stuck in the ground.

Having said that, heavy bolters are 3 points more expensive so realistically, I'll probably field a Spearhead HWS platoon with maybe 4 mortar squads and 2 heavy bolter squads.

180 points plus hq.

cheaper than a fucking russ.

To combine units, they need to share a

All imperium units belong to the imperium faction, so can be allied at will.

You'd have to take a seperate detachment for the eldar, so you might loose on command points, maybe.

Criticism?

How does the harpy perform? Wondering if it should be swapped out with something else

reposting here:

Looking at the Imperial Psykers...

do Wyrdvane Psykers have any use? I mean, their minimum squad costs 24 points and they cast on a 1d6+1. 1d6+2 if they have 6 or more (48+ points).

A Primaris is 50 points with his stick and casts on 2d6. And knows 2 powers.

Astropaths at 15 (laspistol) seem like great Elites slot occupiers though. They don't Smite well BUT they're great at babysitting shooty IG squads - divination means whoever the squad is shooting at doesn't get cover AND it can give the squad +1 sv with Psychic Barrier.

They seem like a must-have for shooty guard.

Make your own. Twist two strands of safety wire together and wrap it around a sharpie

You can combine any faction together with the Wu Tang Clan maneuver. It works by RAW don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

NEW CHAOS MARINES WHEN?

Also I noticed how it was said that the Primaris marine numbers have dwindled since the Indomitus Crusade, does that mean no more Primaris or that they'll just make more lore wise?

I fielded 2 Deff Dreads in my first game of 8th ed and they were awesome. They rip things down in melee.

Guard are the new WAAC faction, you can see guard players have the exact same we're-so-unbeatable smugness that made everyone hate tau players last edition.
>it's fair and balanced that we basically ignore morale, shoot more than anyone, and ignore petty concerns like armour, cover, & LOS that other armies have to deal with
>what? no, our army isn't undercosted, it's fluffy that my mortar costs less than a skitarii ranger for three times the firepower on average
>oh, and it's unfair that we so many command points, we should get more special rules, like our entire army firing the maximum number of shots from variable profile weapons, to make up for having more rerolls than everybody else
I would bet up to 10, no 15, internet points that most of the tau players selling their armies will buy into guard.

Good luck getting a game if you do this, WAACfag.

Expensive though

>NEW CHAOS MARINES WHEN?
Never, unless you're a Cult Legion.

>does that mean no more Primaris or that they'll just make more lore wise?
That was just the first batch. They mentioned that Primaris are faster and easier to make than manlets so all future marines will be Primaris.

People always laughed when I said I like mortar teams. How I always wanted to use them despite how "shit" they were.
Well, now who's laughing.
Still not me, since I want either Tempestus Scions to have access to Mortars and Snipers, or for Forgeworld to put out rules for Elysian Drop Troops

Completely unrelated, but does anyone have the Onager Dunecrawler profile by chance?

>god
>doesn't even know his own rules
>puts out the worst books that fail to do what they set out to do
I think I'd find a new religion.

Why do all of these look the same?

It's like you don't remember the SIGAFH. LasPlas squads everywhere, 4plas command squads, etc.

It's a cycle.

They won't buy guard because they're expensive and are too high in number. People who are actually WAAC buy the best least model count armies, ala grey knights of old and riptide wing.

Because I'm the one posting all of those lists because nobody ever fucking replies to them.
I post for criticism and get none.

I'm just glad stormtroopers aren't crap anymore.

Ironically, Guard was WAAC in 5th, which is why I went towards stormtroopers.

I'm kinda liking the power system, it gets rid of these min max unit selections and adds cool wargear to battles that no one would ever actually pay points for.

Stay mad queer, my alliance is fluffy.

>faster to make than manlets
Neat, so are all original members getting replaced? I also heard that marinelets are able to be upgraded into Primaris through some sort of process. Is that true?

>most of the tau players selling their armies will buy into tyranids.

Ftfy

Funny you say that. Because no one has asked about buying my IG shit in the three days I've had it posted.

Hard to criticize when no one has really played 8th yet

Nids confirmed for monobuild

*Love blooms on the battlefield*

R8 my autism

I don't understand mathhammer, my list looked alot worse before and I luckily got some help half a week ago but help's gone apparently.

>tau
10/10

neat.

>Neat, so are all original members getting replaced? I also heard that marinelets are able to be upgraded into Primaris through some sort of process. Is that true?
They don't even need to really. The old marines will eventually die and be replaced. It's probably not cost-efficient to upgrade the 5'10" Astartes. I predict they'll upgrade a few notable characters when they replace the shitty finecast models like Dante or Cato.

I wouldn't say that they're monobuild but require an army much like that if not exactly to compete with S tier armies like guard and necrons.

So with Girlyman talking to Big E and finding out what he did, does this mean the traitor legions were right, even if for the wrong reasons? Should the loyalists have turned as well?

>camp desk while enemy caps objectives
ok

It looks pretty good, no obvious poor choices.

Unless you're looking for someone to give you the best meta list, which isn't knowable yet, you should play some games with it and see where the weakness lies.

I thought the problem was that you needed more elite slots. And now you can't fill 6 of them?

What's the advantage of the ADL over more tidewall sections, out of interest?

Deepstrike/10

Would play against.

Yeah humanity's best choice is to join chaos and become spikey demonsluts.
Absolutely.
Great thinking, user. Excellent.

I'll be playing a majority of my games against a lychguard star with Deceiver, Obyron, crypteks and deathmarks so I'm unsure how it would perform. As far as I know the list doesn't have much to deal with a lychbrick which is why the harpy may be necessary to get lucky with a strafing bomb on a cryptek

I'm unconvinced that tervigons are actually valuable in a game above 1000 points. They're only going to reinforce 40 gaunts max, they don't do much else and aren't good fighters themselves.

I'm new to 40k and have a question regarding 8th- so GSC has this rule that they can take an IG unit. Does this mean the neophyte hybrid squad that is IG with GSC heads is using the the IG rules for guardsmen or the neophyte hybrid rules with the mining stuff?

Can someone clarify that rule for necrons? I assume its the same idea as Marines' chapter rule but are there any specific dynasty only models or rules currently? The explanation page in the leak is pretty blurry

Nth for BRRRRRRRT taurox
youtube.com/watch?v=Zhv71M5xXJY

>does this mean the traitor legions were right, even if for the wrong reasons?
About what? The Emperor being a liar has always been true. He hid the existence of Chaos to weaken them.

>Should the loyalists have turned as well?
For what reason would they do that you retard?

The damage output per point of mortars and vanguard are comparable, but on a less durable platform and at much lower range.

There's always... canticles.

>tfw I have no Idea what Tau play like anymore
Has it really been that long?

SIGAFH, nids and orks being really good again, we have come back around full circle to 2nd ed army power.

Tidewalls are now open-topped transports (T6 W10 4+) and can thus be destroyed. They also have a 10-man transport capacity. Aegis Line simply gives +1 to cover if your models are behind it from the shooter's position.

>not making Chaos submit to your will
It's like you forget the whole point of Abbadon. Chaos is the direct result of mankinds true nature, man deserves chaos as his gods, and the chaos gods need man to survive. It's a symbiosis. But to take that power and use it to your will to reign supreme of the universe. Only through chaos can man gain true power over all.

No. Wyrdvane are bad.

Ah, so everything in your "castle" gets the benefit of the ADL's cover? I getcha now.

>the whole point of Abbadon.
...to be the biggest jobber in the universe?

Be honest, does anyone really think armless the harmless is a good villain?

So what's your thought on proxies? Would they prevent you from playing a game with someone?

I ask because I managed to snag the smaller of the Dreamforge Leviathan's during their recent sale. Was planning on using it as an Imperial Knight proxy - I know it's smaller (by about an inch and a half), but I figure if I base it properly and make sure it reaches the same height as the traditional Knight, it shouldn't be an issue. There will be conversion work as well, but for $39 I really couldn't pass up on it.

I found it odd that there was no mention of older marines turned into primaris.

>rules writers change the game to fit the more fun way they play it
Based rules writers

>First for imperial guard

I'm going to be using the Heavy detachment

I'm looking at a 1500 list that has a Stormlord with 4 Lascannon Sponsons and 6 heavy weapon teams. Probably going to do a mix of 3 Heavy Bolter Teams and 3 Lascannon teams. Rest of points will go into Tempestus Scions and I think Commissar Yarrick will be the HQ.

Captcha: Chinese Residence

I think they're good at being a bullet sponge and force your opponents hand fucking up their target prioritization. They have alot of early game front line to deal with in terms of genestealers, trygon and termagants with devourers in addition to a meaty back line.

What is this SIGAFH please educate me great old one

Failbaddon is a fucking loser and if someone thinks they can somehow take over Chaos from the inside, they are retarded and being manipulated by chaos itself.

Because he's constantly been trying to control chaos and refuses to be a direct slave, actually barking commands at the chaos gods rather than the other way around. As a result his crusades fail due to their sabotage

>Chaos is the direct result of mankinds true nature
Chaos took its current form during the War in Heaven eons before humanity ever existed.

>the chaos gods need man to survive
Untrue. They exist is multiple universes and infinite realities. They don't need humanity.

Well, you've got people saying Archaon is a good villain now despite being staggeringly dull and one dimensional, so yes, I'm sure they do.

Fucking stop with this meme.
Power levels will never be relevant outside of casual narrative stuff, and even then, most people still won't use it.

Baby you can do whatever you want.

The chaos gods didn't gain actual sentience until humanity came along. The only one that gained sentience without humans was Slaanesh

Ohh boy. Time to strip 106 metal Tallarn.

Basically, yeah.

zero

Shooty Imperial Guard Army From Hell