>brewing
>Metagame thoughts

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
>mainphasemtg.net/modern-tier-list/2017/6/4/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-651717

Battle formation gals!

> Mage in front

yeeeup sounds like my party mage.

All hail our Grixis Shadow overlords.

>>playing
Death & Taxes

>>hating
Mosquitoes

>>brewing
Coffee

>>Metagame thoughts
'costs one more.'

2 bobs or 2 reality smashers in E&T?

>playing
Affinity, of course.
>hating
Mardu Planeswalkers. Do I need to say why?
>brewing
Also coffee (8 o'clock original whole bean)
>metagame thoughts
This is fine.

Any tips on finding a Standard and a Legacy player to play Team Constructed with?

ill play with you

leddit and ask around your lgs

for me it was ALWAYS two Reality Smasher.

our threats aren't jund-style goyf/bolt/etc and won't play out off a bob in the same way. our stuff is going to be a path or a tks and those are both far less efficient (negative, in fact) at pressuring life totals with your opponent off bob triggers.

Should I build a cheap Mill deck for shits and giggles? I kinda want to have a Burn deck without actually playing Burn.

I also get to say "You just activated my trap card."

Yes. Mill is fun and no one packs answers unlike Burn.

>no one packs answers
It's because you don't need answers to beat shit decks like mill

wow you can just win turn 1 if you have 4 of these

>>playing
Cheeri0s
>>hating
iunno
>>brewing
Jeskai flyers
>>Metagame thoughts
is nice

It also lets you have a 5/5 Jace's Phantasm on T1 if you're on the draw. Mill does silly things.

I really regret selling my Hierarchs when I briefly stopped playing.

There a few good sb cards that do work against mill.
>at fnm
>play against mill
>post board have Leyland of sanctity
>mull to 5 to get it
>opponent so titled he tries to slow play the entire match, keeps talking about how leyline is broken.
>have to call judge for slow play a few times.
>"well since you wasted my time playing leyline I'm gonna waste yours"

Best match of the night.

The out is Set Adrift to bounce Leyline to top of library, then mill it.

>playing
Grixis delver
>hating
Tron
>brewing
Bant D&T
>Metagame thoughts
fuck tron

What basic land(s) do you use Veeky Forums?

Pic related.

Figured I'd repost

>playing
See brewing
>hating
See metagame thoughts
>brewing
Esper Demonic Pact Control. It's even more fun then it sounds.
>Metagame thoughts
Creatures: The tappening is boring. The twin ban didn't help much, if at all. Creature based value has gone too far, and I doubt it will ever swing the other way enough. Also some choice decks make bringing a gameplan to every game impossible, which never feels good. I think that it results in modern feeling like a really wonky, expensive game of rock paper scissors.

>Creatures: The tappening is boring.
So is Counterspells: The drawing.
>I doubt it will ever swing the other way enough
Because most players prefer it this way.
>Also some choice decks make bringing a gameplan to every game impossible, which never feels good
It stops there from being one all-powerful deck.

amonkhet full arts

>What basic land(s) do you use Veeky Forums?
basics I stole from a store I used to draft in

>stealing basics
...why?

>...why?
to use them obviously
i mean you sleeve up a draft deck with the stores basics then accidentally bring them home
thats how I have all the varied basics that are in my modern deck

>he doesn't take whatever he wants from his LGS
Sad!

You mean the LGS that sets out boxes of basic lands for draft expects to get them back? If so, fuck that

>i enjoy being the niggers of mtg
just wow

>not bringing your own basics so you aren't touching the filthy store basics
Stay pleb.

Basic lands are printed more than Zimbabwe cash. Just crack a few boosters and you'll feel better. If anything stores have to face oversaturation of standard basics (that aren't full art).
You should still ask permission for keeping, though in case I'm wrong.

Why don't you send them a thank you card while your at it like a good little kid.

That's the thing. If you're drafting and cracking packs, you're already getting way more basics than you'll ever need.

well technically they are mine now

And before anyone says anything yes, I have multiple APAC Islands. They were harder to find in 2000, but demand was lower.

i use these puppers in storm

Why mix mana symbol lands with text lands?

unglued lands so I have some matching brown borders in my deck.

Not that guy, but literally who cares. If it's good artwork in a frame you like from a set you enjoyed, yay.

>literally who cares
Well, I mean, I do. The inconsistency bothers me.

I mix full art, mana symbol and text lands, with one expedition to top it off. Just to tilt autismos. It's great.

As long as it's on your side of the battlefield, I don't really care. It's just weird to me.

>I make my deck look like shit to tilt a small minority of people haha
Good job champ

people like you are why i play with mismatched cards

i use white bordered cards whenever i can

Playing mismatched cards can actually be a strategic mistake. At the very least it forces you to keep track of which version your opponent has seen.

>Playing
I've been trying a bunch of Delver lists lately. Grixis Delver, Jeskai Delver, Temur Delver, Sultai Delver, UR Delver... Bant Delver. Before anyone asks, yes the Delver rarely has timely flips in any of the lists.

>Hating
Nothing really right now.

>Brewing
Other Delver lists

>Metagame thoughts
Meta's fine. I do think CoCo and Thoughtseize are a bit strong, but not strong enough to warrant any drastic action. It does suck to see a Shadow player rip my hand apart and only get benefits for doing so

bet you're some ufag that cares about that kind of stuff, it doesn't matter when you're killing people on turn 3 or 4 anyways

>play Affinity
>get called a ufag
mysides.jpg

>implying you're not
>master of etheruim
>crane
>thoughtcast
>SB cards
Affinity is literally a bluefag deck go cry about counterspell not being legal bluebabby

>galvanic blast
>basic mountain
>killing on turn 3 or 4
>more red SB than blue
If you're trying to troll, you aren't doing a very good job.

Was thinking a lot about Temur Delver, specifically a Delirium variant, as maybe running 4 Bauble could help fix your library for turn 2 flips.

Between 4 Bauble, 4 Delver, 4 Goyf, 2 Snaps and 2 Monkeys you'd have enough spells that the added artifact should help rather than hinder. Maybe 2 Bauble is the sweetspot if you want more creatures, but I don't know. I think between enabling Traverse, bigger Goyfs, more monkey fuel, and potentially aiding Delver flips (not certain on the math, though), adding Baubles could be sweet.

>So is Counterspells: The drawing.
Nice black and white. You imply I just want the exact opposite rather then a balance.
>I doubt it will ever swing the other way enough
If that is the case, then sure, but you cannot argue that the majority of the people are happy with things as they stand currently.
>It stops there from being one all-powerful deck.
I'm not saying "never have a bad matchup". But the whole "well, we don't have ONE all powerful deck, but we have 3-4 that just lock everyone else out of the game 75% of the time." after they banned a deck for "diversity" simply because you cannot pack enough hate to disrupt the cycle at all in your 75.

The best Delirium Delver build, I've found, is Sultai almost entirely because of Grim Flayer, because he's an evasive 2 mana 4/4 a lot of the time and he even ramps you to Tasigur.

>You imply I just want the exact opposite rather then a balance.
There is a balance.
>you cannot argue that the majority of the people are happy with things as they stand currently
Can you argue otherwise? Most people in this thread seem to be fine with the meta. Magic in general is more popular now than it was back when spells ruled the land.
>well, we don't have ONE all powerful deck, but we have 3-4 that just lock everyone else out of the game 75% of the time.
That isn't the case though. Even adding up variants, the top 4 decks are only 34% of the meta, with tier 1 having 8 decks (7 if you count GBx Shadow and UBx Shadow as one deck).

I 100% agree, sulty does delirium best. but I think you'll agree that the best Delver are those with Bolt, and I think RUG delirium delver could have some punch.

>There is a balance.
I disagree.
>Can you argue otherwise? Most people in this thread seem to be fine with the meta. Magic in general is more popular now than it was back when spells ruled the land.
I disagree again. While i do see some people think its find, i also see other people who think it needs work. I wouldnt even say that modern's metagame caused magic to be more popular. Nor would i argue that popularity = balance.
>That isn't the case though. Even adding up variants, the top 4 decks are only 34% of the meta, with tier 1 having 8 decks (7 if you count GBx Shadow and UBx Shadow as one deck).
Just because 34% of people are playing it doesnt mean they arn't more powerful then the rest. I'm not even here to argue that. I feel that proactive, creature based value is around 90% or so of the current meta, and I dislike it being so high. I'm not saying "we need creatures to be trash", but what i am saying is "all card types should be balanced, and nothing should be singled out and given special treatment." But this special treatment is now taken as normal and correct. I think it's bad for the game, and that favoritism is making the meta boring in that respect.

>do i expect WotC to handle it properly? Is it realistic?
If you asked me this before amonkhet, I'd tell you i was dreaming of an ideal world, but amonkhet is actually pretty balanced between all card types, and they are finally doing some things that are different. In stark contrast to "Hey guys! Welcome to the artifact(creature) plane!"

Also I'd like to point out that they didnt make a card in kaladesh to remove counters from players. They had the perfect opportunity to print something that could help curb infect in a healthy way and generate more options and more interesting gameplay and they blew it. Tell me 1BB or BB instant "Remove all counters from target permanent or player" wouldnt be an awesome card. Instead we got "If you have creatures, you can have these artifacts become even bigger creatures that also dodge sorcery speed removal!" And because they have been chopping the balls off of every removal spell and making it subpar in some way or another, they became either too costly mana-wise, too specific or sorcery speed, and thus they created a solved standard environment. This unhealthy obsession to appease to (only) creature based combat is bad for the game, and I'll oppose it where ever it springs up.

It's true Bolts and Delver are basically toast and butter, but Sultai just has the best tools if you want to go Delirium. Then again, I haven't played RUG with a Delirium splash so maybe it's better than I think. My RUG list was protection heavy, it kinda played like an Infect deck with Bolts (and a spicy Huntmaster)

>I disagree.
Okay. Then we are at an impasse.
>i also see other people who think it needs work
There's no such thing as a meta that everyone is happy with. The majority seem to like it.
>I wouldnt even say that modern's metagame caused magic to be more popular.
I never claimed it did. The change to make creatures more viable did though.
>Nor would i argue that popularity = balance.
Popularity > balance. It doesn't matter if you have the most balanced game in the world if people don't like it.

The rest of what you said reveals you to either be a buffoon who doesn't even know the meta or a troll.
They made a card like that before. It was called Leeches, and it was a mistake that they've said they won't repeat.

You're free to oppose it all you want, but you're going to lose.

Both have merit and are really under the radar.
I really couldn't say which color combo is best since they are all good with slight ups and downs (push/discard/banaman in black, bolt in red, kcommand/terminate in redblack, lingering souls in blackwhite) idk so many variations it's best to just play whichever you like most, unless you want a specific edge for your meta

Here's a shitty sample I whipped up, not sure on most of the numbers and it's a 58 card special, but Delverbro what do you think of something like this?

>... going to lose.
Is this about winning or losing? Are you kidding me right now?

>There's no such thing as a meta that everyone is happy with. The majority seem to like it.
I'd argue it's about split down the middle. Changing things slightly doesn't mean we would upset more people then we would appease.
>Popularity > balance. It doesn't matter if you have the most balanced game in the world if people don't like it.
This doesnt mean you should always trade in more balance for more popularity. You assume I'd do the reverse until magic was fringe. I'm just saying they could do better (for people who literally stated they don't test for modern.)

I'll be honest, I don't know the meta like the back of my hand. It's because I've been playing less because I'm not happy with where it is right now and it's gotten very boring to me. I enjoy playing other types of magic, but this one is just crawling into territory i know i don't enjoy, so as a result I'm playing less of it. I want to enjoy it. I want to play more, and enjoy it, and have everyone else enjoy it too. I don't think that makes me a buffoon.

>Leeches a mistake
But Y tho.
WotC says a lot of things are mistakes when they are some of the best shit they have ever done. And when they truly do make mistakes, they sugarcoat it before never touching on the subject again, leaving MaRo as the scapegoat to type all the ":)"'s he can muster, handpick the worst arguments against it to shitpost against, resulting in grind the conversation to a halt.

Troll.

not that guy but

>anyone who disagrees with me is a troll

cmon

I've always appreciated Disrupting Shoal, love that card. You're only running two Hooters but I can see why, I was gonna say you should either cut a Scour or add a monkey but then I remembered that it can be hard to keep Delirium and Goyf up while also delving your graveyard.

Still though, I'd think about maybe another Hooter in there instead of maybe a Dryad. A lot of the time he's your cheapest and best threat, and he makes your Denials relevant.

My RUG list def wasn't the best so I'd say go for it, it looks fine. How consistently can you hit Delirium btw? With only two artifacts and one tribal.

Also you probably already know this, but with Green you get enchantment removal which is fantastic for you in the side since Rest in Peace fucks Delver decks normally, but will double fuck yours.

It isn't a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of how he's disagreeing.

I'm 2 slots short, and honestly i'm a delver shitter but I believe in the power of RUG

I agree with you on the monkeys, I just always get spooked with overcommiting on delve effects but it's such a strong card. Most people run 3, I hoped the Traverses would make up for it, but if I scour away all the monkeys it could feel bad. btw is 4 Traverse one too many, with 18 lands?

And yeah it feels like it could use some more Delirium stuff, maybe a second Tarfire or something.

Still hesitant on the 3rd ape, but it would fill out a slot nicely. Maybe a miser Bedlam Reveler instead?

Don't worry dude I'm a Delver shitter too. Traverse is a tricky card, but as I think of it most of my Delver lists except Jeskai run some way to gain advantage in grindy matches: K Command in Grixis, Lingering Souls in Esper, etc. Traverse would be this in Delirium lists, 4 may be one too many but not because of your land count (if you're Traversing for basics you're not in a great spot to begin with) but mainly because I'm not sure how often you hit Delirium.

Scouring away your monkeys would suck but that's the risk of playing them. Scour has too much upside to really consider the downside. It can power out delve creatures and for you it can get you to Delirium.

I do think you might need another Bauble or Tarfire though. I do like the idea of Reveler if you're gunshy on the idea of another Hoots. It's a nice tutor target for Traverse, draws cards, AND makes your Denials relevant so it should be fine.

Like I said, though, the best ways to find out things like hitting Delirium or how often you can turn 2 Mandrills is to goldfish or play games with the list. Putting the deck in action makes it real easy to see where the deck needs improvement.

Keep or mull?

Keep and pray you get some offensive capabilities within three draws.

I think that's barely a keep? Probably a mull? I'm not an Affinity player but there's no payoff in that hand. Just a bit of pressure. Once they kill the Pest it kinda goes down the shitter

heart of the cards

easy mull, your hand is pretty explosive but doesn't actually do anything

alright lads, keep or mull?

Easy mull. To zero. Then kill myself.

I think Id keep if im game one on the play. Its risky but if pedt doesnt get removed then im in business. I know its risky but I have good draws like ravager and another pest and a cranial plating, master of etherium or steel overseer pretty much win me the game. If I know my oponent is playing disruption then Id mull.

>playing
Burn my nigga
>hating
Nothing really. In my meta my matchups range from 50/50 to ezpz, so I enjoy it
>brewing
Nada atm. Eventually want pieces for zoo tho
>thoughts
Pretty good imho
On another note, what does mill need to be viable?

edgy

Lmbo

Definitely a mulligan, you're minimum 2 cards away from any game, and 1 more lands than you want in your opener.

> playing
Zombie hunt

The answers to the rest don't matter cause I'm too busy enjoying this dumb as shit deck

>crane
>in affinity
What kind of fucking mongoloid came up with this meme

there were a couple of lists floating around recently that ran it. It was dank as fuck desu

Mill is like mono Red Burn, but bad, because Bolt can hit creatures, whereas mill spells only hit players. Mill also usually has trouble with Leyline, Emrakul, Dredge, Living End, and fast decks.
What I would like to see is module cards that have one of the options be mill, or a permanent that triggers mill when instant and sorceries are cast.
I think if you want mill, it should be a deck that either utilizes combo or has a back-up plan.

>ban twin because a turn 4 kill sometimes is oppressive
>allow a turn 3 infinite mana combo because it ain't blue

Nice format

u tagged the wrong guy u idiot!!!!!

these

Yes you do need to say why. i have no idea what this meme is

Alright affinibro how have you adjusted to the meta? I have sea gate wreckage on board and thoughtcast as a one of in the main. Considering going up to two. Too much discard and removal

I use the unlimited version of these, I prefer it saying "Tap" for some reason.

Mull. That hand relies on signal pest sticking.
The moment it's gone, you're fucked.

I know those feels annon i traded mine away for snaps

It's fine, they're almost certainly in iconic. The MM article on the mothership said how they were going to be in MM3 but were cut because the exalted mechanic didn't work well in the set they had planned and that they were pushed off to another set. Their cut lines up real well with the beginning of work on iconic.

mythic rarity incoming

We wouldn't want to hurt the investors :^) enjoy the 5 dollar price dip

>Playing
8 rack minus lilis till next payday
>Hating
Nothing really though not having hardly any interactions with lands is annoying
>brewing
Slowly assembling the pieces for naya burn so I actually have a competitive deck.
>metagame thoughts
Pretty good right now nothing to oppresive

Question what other sb options do i have against tron with 8 rack other than surgicals and quarters? (Local meta is about 50% tron most modern nights with most being bg)

Also forgot pithing needles I run two in sideboard

Pretty much kills any use the eggs have, slows down stirrings and scryings stops a turn 3 Karn/ugin. Doesn't prevent a turn 4 nulamog, but then again what does?

Mardu Planeswalkers is a control deck that's all removal all the time. It basically plays all the cards that Affinity doesn't want to see. Playing against it is like throwing your favorite toys into an incinerator.
Same, though my local meta isn't so bad. Considering a welding jar in the main for the next event.