Bugs

Hey, I'm planning a campaign that can essentially be boiled down to "scared humans vs big insects," and I could use some fuel.

Post creepy crawlies

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/tDIwEZ3.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not an insect, but one of the creepiest disgusting shit that crawl around

the solifuge, again not an insect neither a spider by the way, who have the dubious exploit to be even more creepy than spiders

finally an insect !
not that creepy though

op, if you want the thread to thrive, you should bimp it too

Swarm of bugs in a jungle controlled by a Druid expy of pic related.

Giant wasp colony hunting the party through the jungle for abducting their future queen.

That scene from the 2005 King Kong where the bugs surround and attack the party from every direction.

Rust monsters in a closed tunnel.

Cave centipede.

Some kind of worm parasite that ambushes the party and wriggles under their skin/controls the body.

Changelings. The pony kind having a dose of paranoia about traitors in the rank is good.

I don't have many pics, but I'll post what I've saved so far

>That scene from the 2005 King Kong where the bugs surround and attack the party from every direction.

Funny you mention that, since that's what spawned the idea to begin with.

Thanks for the ideas

I'm thinking that the bugs were all ordinary at one point, but were made into magical monsters by one supremely gifted individual who's been using them to basically ravage entire continent.

I love the idea that there's all of this political drama and warfare going on, and then this crazy fucker from nowhere just flips the game board and sends unrelenting waves of massive man-eating insects everywhere

Last one I have so far, but I'll be saving everything else that gets posted.

This is an assassin bug, if I'm remembering correctly. I like the idea of giant assassin bugs, very stealthy killers that pick off important commanders and nobles one by one.

Do you want exclusively bugs? How do you feel about maggots, crustaceans etc?

Cause I got... things. Do you guys think I could be banned by a picture of a human eye crying worms?

I'll take anything creepy and or crawly. Just make sure it's not too gory and you'll probably be fine

Is stuff like ok?

Damn that worm is having a good time.

Here, I'll dump what I have

>Imagine, for a moment, growing up with an adopted sister that does nothing but tell you what
to do, live off your hard work and invite strange men over without your consent. Now imagine
that she lives buried up to her neck in your flesh. Now imagine that she's gotten herself
pregnant.

>The Strepsipterans are an ancient order of insects who exhibit some of the
weirdest, most advanced parasitism in the animal kingdom. A larval Strepsipteran is known as a Triungulin, and begins its life with simplistic eyes, a full set of appendages, spiny armor plating and a muscular tail that allows it to leap. This flea-like form typically lies in ambush for its preferred insect host, with many species hitching rides until they can attack the host's larvae or eggs. Secreting a corrosive enzyme from its mouth, it melts its way into the appropriate host body and molts into a blind, limbless parasitic form, absorbing nutrients and inducing the host's tissues to form a protective bag around its body, effectively cloaking it from the host immune system. Depending on its sex, the parasite will eventually metamorphose into one of two drastically different forms...

At least someone is.

Bugs are scariest when they are small, but can fuck you up anyway

2/2
>while other insects use thousands of weak lenses to form a single compound eye, each bubble-like lens on this guy's head is a complete, highly sophisticated eye all its own. This structure is remarkably similar to the eyes of extinct
trilobites, but otherwise seen nowhere else in the natural world.

>Here is where the Strepsiptera truly shine as parasites, as the female larvae only metamorphose into more worm-like adults and will spend the rest of their days embedded or "stylopised" in their host, exposing only their pointed, eyeless faces. In some species, the female may force the host to aid her in the mating process, climbing high and staying put for
the winged males to find. Lacking a conventional reproductive orifice - and facing the wrong way in the first place - the female must be penetrated by the male's incredibly long, sharp penis through a special breaking point on the back of her neck, the same channel through which she will eventually give birth.

>Fertilized eggs will hatch still inside their mother's body, and the tiny larvae will swim and feed within her blood, another quality unheard of in any other animal.

sounds good

>generally considered a cryptid
>mother fucking lightning bolt powers
Yeah I wonder if that could really be out there.

> After two hours had passed, the larva was violently regurgitated, stained with blood. It seemed clear that it had continued to attack the toad from within, and subsequently attacked it from the outside once again, killing it in the usual manner. In the hundreds of confrontations observed, the insects have been consistently victorious.

I am usually fascinated by insects but that was disgusting.

OP how about something like the cockroaches from mimic?

I hope not. Though it should have been already discovered with our level of technology if it really existed.

>At least someone is.
Fuck thought I had that. Teach me to not look at my images by thumbnail alone. Now I'm super embarrassed or whatever.

What is every non-deep ocean cryptid alex?

Yeah, I know what cryptids are.

>Midway between mouth and stomach lies the rotifer's mastax, exactly as menacing as it sounds; an internal grinding and chewing mechanism equipped with trophi, nature's tiniest "jaws." Scavengers and filter-feeders may have blunt, grinding trophi, while carnivores may possess wicked fangs and certain parasitic species have trophi for latching onto their hosts.

>Unlike any other known animal, ordinary bdelloids routinely "import" pieces of DNA from their food and surroundings, capping their chromosomes with gene fragments from other animals, plants, fungi or even bacteria. These cross-kingdom genetic "patches" may continue to perform the same functions for the rotifer that they did for their original owners - sometimes involved in metabolic or immune defense processes, for instance - and will be passed on to all of the rotifer's cloned daughters. In a purely non technical sense, these creatures have evolved to "mate" with absolutely anything that has DNA; even a mold spore sucked into its grinding innards.

>Suddenly, the Tyranids and Zerg sound just a smidge more believable, don't they?

That's why I asked what I could post. I figure a video of a cockroach being attacked by ants and giving birth to little white cockroaches also attacked by ants may be too much?

I was trying to understand the relevance.

Explain.

Unless it's contact shock like an electric eel, that lighting shit is stupid, you can't shoot lighting as a reliable means of attack or defense, free electric arc currents are too unpredictable and inaccurate to use in that manner. They barely go in a straight line.

>"Seen crawling out of the anus of a freshly dead lancetfish"

Sure, if you insist. A cryptid is a species whose existence is disputed, with no clear evidence either for or against.
I agree with you there. It's not like I made that up, I'm just posting creepy crawlies for OP.

>Worm that literally shoots lighting
>Disputed
By who?
>No evidence for
>Disputed
But seriously though.

I'm aware of the deathworm cryptid, but I just think that given the importance of lighting in Buddhist myth, that's probably where that particular element of it came from.

Not like an electric eel sort of land creature is out of the question either, it supposedly dwells in the Mongolian desert, a place rife with dust storms and dust is highly susceptible to static.

>Some, like the above "anchor worms," have even lost all semblance of arthropod anatomy, taking on forms more like otherworldly fungi than animal life.

>What you're seeing here was excavated by Dryodora from the anus of a hapless rockfish. The rectum is a preferred attachment point for many species of Sarcotacid, another group of copepods whose females develop into the huge, warty pustules you see here. Somehow, the lovely lady causes the tissues of her host to grow a protective bag or gall around her body, lined with veins from which she somehow obtains blood. Yes, "somehow" - the actual feeding mechanism isn't fully understood.

Well fuck, big demonic insects are the main enemy in my campaign for the last 15 levels, but I recently disposed of most of the art I had after converting them to roll20 tokens.

>With their vast numbers, sea pigs unsurprisingly suffer from many specialized parasites and predators. In these incredible images, we get a detailed look at some parasitic snails deeply embedded in their scotoplane host.

And that's the last one.

Here's a favorite of mine.

And a picture of the bug itself, in case you want to use it.

>Eye-worms.

Welp, that's my limit for body-horror.

G'night, everybody!

>not a [big group]
>neither a [small group from other big group]
it's still an Arachnid

have a bug babuska

Hey guys, thanks for the fuel. I'm starting to get a good collection going.

That is cool. I like it!

Those are actually limbless crustaceans.

The true eye-worms are here:
i.imgur.com/tDIwEZ3.jpg

Good to know.