Hey there, Veeky Forums

Hey there, Veeky Forums

I'm working on a dice popper board for the wife's birthday and I'm having trouble deciding what symbols should go on the 6 circles around the edge. We play 5th edition but I can't really seem to track down a good resource for glyphs or runes that mean actual words or concepts instead of just individual letters.

Any ideas?

I can only give you a glyph for loss

One that jumps to mind is Thieves Cant, but I don't know that there's an actual set of symbols. It was used in real life for wandering hobos, but it's included in D&D 5e as a secret language for rogues

Does this work?

It's extremely tempting, but she'd get it pretty quick

Sword
Axe
Bow
Fire
Lightning
Holy star
Crescent moon

Do it anyway

.....maybe if I can't find more to use

Your loss.

Anything goes

Use electrical symbols

rimshot

In Storm King's Thunder there's a list of runes used by giants, you could try that

>Storm King's Thunder
I did find those in a google search, but they're all so damn complex and I really don't have much confidence in my woodburning abilities yet

Quick bump before work

This, like a lot of these translations, is over-sensationalized shit. Jihad just means struggle, as in he put in an effort to buy a house.

You do realize that the image he used has nothing at all to do with the thread...

Yes, but my post had to do with the image.

One of each die, so a d4, d6, a d8, a d10, a d12, and a d20

You cant just use the elder futhark?

What about moon runes or chink chippings?

From Warhams

Transmutation Circle? Silent Hill save icon? Fate/Stay Command Seals?

The Aats of the azoetic formulae maybe?

look up how to create your own magic sigils and make them yourself

>Jihad just means struggle
>anything in arabic "just" meaning one thing

Fucking language is what happens when poets and mathematicians get together to make anything.

Almost every word in that language can mean at least two things, maybe more. So yes in context he means "effort." But in the sense of "working really fucking hard in a righteous way" just as Jihad is a righteous conflict.

Very nice! Thanks a bunch, Anons. I have lots to work with here

make sure to fit in loss somewhere
stylize it to hide it