Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also known as /pfg/, Pathfinder and Starfinder welcome)

Custom Armor Edition:

How do you go about making armor for all your horned, winged, tailed, and other appendaged PC races? That sort of thing cant be cheap.

Link repository, could really use an update: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQq6VR13Ls
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder: Do NOT respond to fetishniggers. The only thing you should do if you see a fetish post is to REPORT it and NOT RESPOND. Not even if it's your favorite fetish or it made you angry. Just report, hide, and let it await swift deletion.

I'm trying to make a decently optimized ranged initiator that's more interesting than "boost+full attack". Is a Gunsmoke Mystic a viable option for this?

Forget about 'armor' lets talk about Starfinder and our hopes for power armor! We all know vesk get MUH HERITAGE armor but what about Spess Marine style suits? Is that reserved for like Azlanti Star Empire or is just the stand-in for plate-wearing martials?

>Ranged initiating
>Mystic at that
That's the most "boost+full attack" you could get, my dude.

Shit. Okay, so what's a better class to pick if I don't want that? Harbinger at least has claims. Maybe some disciplines about curses to provide alternate options?

In my opinion? Hawkguard Warder.

Go full Tempest Gale with readied actions to use damage + maneuver strikes. Trip bitches when they move, disarm them as they attack or cast, shove them as they try to melee. Be the god of "naw, fuck you and fuck that".

the full plate equivelant is power armor, halo style. For space marine style you want hellknight armor. It has to be custom crafted for each hellknight on their cathedral ships.

What about Eagle Knights? Do they get something similar?

Nice, thanks. Tempest Gale Hawkguard seems pretty tempting, but I'm a bit worried about the usual falloff for maneuvers. Grapple immunities, alternate movements making trip irrelevant, all that shit. Do the maneuvers have ways to cover that or should I look into something else?

Do we ever get any more information from Paizo about why the Starfinder playtest characters seemed so stout compared to their own weapons?

Eagle Knights do not exist.

First, Tempest Gale lets you do SoH checks instead of normal CMB so you actually properly scale with CMD. It's rare for enemies to be totally immune to you.
Second, you can always be boring as hell and boost+full attack or whatever else fallback you put in.

What's the most interesting Swashbuckler class?

Purely off of my own guesses: muh fat acceptance

That's disappointing.

No news on eagle knights yet, but the dragon riders of perth have power armored dragons. So that is something to look into.

So then..who are the good goys?

Consider the Ronin archetype. it fixes a lot of what makes swashbuckler lame, but it still takes about 5 levels to get everything you could want out of swashbuckler.

Or consider swashbuckler 5/vigilante X and become literally zoro

>Perth
Goys

Y'all need to check your spelling.

we are :^)

IT IS ONLY BY MY HAND THAT THE AZLANTI STAR EMPIRE CAN ACHIEVE ITS DIVINE MANDATE!

The Chaotic Good Lesbian Rebels who worship the Transgender God(dess) of Change and Freedom.

Goys as in goy, the Hebrew singular for "person who is not a Jew". "Good goys" generally refers to people believed to be Jewish pawns in a conspiracy theory.

goys as in (((jews))), perth as in the fictional land on triaxus where the dragonriders come from.

>The user is triggered that people are talking about things he doesn't like
>He's on Veeky Forums of all places
You may want to reconsider what websites you're using there, user.

inb4 "muh /pol/ boogeyman"

HAIL AZLANT!

HAIL ARODEN!

Thanks. Might go full zoro.

Are Solerians basically the Jedi?

but azlant would have been the feds, and the starstone would have been pic related

>Custom Armor Edition
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Cloth Shirt" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Gambeson deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Gambeson in France for 42,000 Euros (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even stop small arms fire with m gambeson

French armorers spend years working on a single katana and weaving it it up to a million times to produce the finest light armor known to mankind.

Gambesons are thrice as defensive as chainshirt armor and thrice as comfy for that matter too. Anything a hauberk can stop, a gambeson can stop better. I'm pretty sure a gambeson could easily block a knight wielding a war bow from 20ft away

Ever wonder why medieval Mongols never bothered conquering France? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined foot soldiers and their Gambesons of destruction. Even in French-Indian War, American soldiers targeted the men with the gambesons first because their defensive power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Gambesons are simply the best light armor that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Gambesons:

(Light Armor)
Armor Bonus +5
Max Dex Bonus -
Armor Check Penalty 0
ASF 0%
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the defensive power of Gambesons in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Gambesons need to have more AC bonus in d20, see my new stat block.

memes aside though Gambesons/Clotharmor could stad to be a bit better, though not this much obviously

My favorite character I made was named "The Sparrow" And he was a nobleman who at night became the masked dandy swashbuckling vigilante with a bird's beak built into his mask. It was full of ADVENTURE
I was watching about them. They have a positive side and a negative energy side. Mostly like soulknives or sunworshippers, but they have an archetype that gives them actual plasma weapon hilts to form their blades of star energy or negative void power.

I think some of them give you DR versus piercing attacks, quilted armor wasn't it? DR 3/slashing or bludgeoning, iirc.

>have an archetype that gives them actual plasma weapon hilts to form their blades of star energy or negative void power.
So..yes. Jedi, but not game breaking Sue variety.

Guys, guys. I know who the Azlanti Star Empire are. They're the Chelaxians, they have to be.

Why?

Think about it. Cheliax were ravenous Aroden/Azlantiboos before their God-Emperor died, and when they did they turned to Asmodeus for aid.

Asmodeus is gone. Fucked off. Retired. He's not a force anymore. Cheliax would have gone back to Azlanti worship HARD. Could be anything from past-worship to genetic engineering to express their Azlanti genes (Chelish ethnicities have a touch of the old stuff) to having a clone of Aroden as their emperor to any of those things.

Hah, well done sir.

>AZLANTI

So Aroden managed to survive the GAP and formed a new Azlanti empire in the Vast?

I mean Iomadae is still a thing and the Gods are still there. It's just that everyone has a fucking BLANK about what happened to Golarion from what I understand.

It's their plan to make dominating monsters not party-killers. PC's kill PC's extremely slowly so a party won't get TPK'd by a single dominate.
If you use Obozaya against CR 5 monsters like Trolls, she quickly dispatches them.

>Could be anything from past-worship to genetic engineering to express their Azlanti genes (Chelish ethnicities have a touch of the old stuff) to having a clone of Aroden as their emperor

How much do discipline weapons actually matter for maneuvers? I swear I remember someone saying you aren't locked to using them anymore, but then what do they do?

I wonder if enemies with comparable tech weapons pose more of a challenge, surely there's some Mega-Damage class of blasters that fries uppity PCs in the hands of high level baddies?

I don't understand how the Cheliaxian empire/culture would manage to survive for so long to make it to space.

I mean, genetic engineering and cloning are things in the setting, there's enough Azlanti blood laying around to resurrect the race and start some Eugenics Wars like Star Trek.

>you can now KHAAAAAN in your campaign

Why? I'd think they'd have a better chance than most considering Devils are nigh-immortal.

I think one of the major Starfinder conceits is that the nations and cultures of Golarion were uplifted during the Gap.

One of the ideas was that most planets beyond golarion were already starworthy, then the gap uplifted golarion too because they were placed onto Absolom station.

Asmodeus is canonically gone, and if he's gone than Cheliax is not going to remain an infernal empire.

Since Hellknights are still a thing and they were a quintessentially Chelaxian thing, Cheliax is still around. They could be on Absalom Station, they could be the Azlanti Star Empire, we do not know.

Devils are immortal but people aren't.
I'd think that eventually someone is going to get sick of the evil rulers.

Iomedae will not abandon her people. Cheliax will receive her guidance and protection if nothing else.

Space Crusade confirmed.

>666

Why would Cheliax continue to worship Satan when Satan is gone? I need to repeat that Diabolism was a very recent, very unpopular thing among the Chelaxian people.

They're smug Imperialists to the end, but they still don't quite put umph behind their Ave Satani.

Will the Aboleths still play a role in their new found space empire?

House Thrune has a lot of enemies, and with Asmodeus gone they lost the authority of Hell.

I thought I heard that one of the other lords of hell took up his reign.

Its honestly 100% more likely that the hellknights are now super extremists, and they are doing the judging now that asmodeus can't. UNTIL THE DAY HE RETURNS.

I see we've figured out the mysteries of why Iomedae is a dick and of where Asmodeus went.

Ah yes, Aboleths. The immortal race of telepathic fish waiting in the Vast. We have dismissed those rumors.

Hey, what's wrong with Perth? I'm sure it's a lovely place!

There is a moon around one of the gas giants that is almost the size of golarion but covered completely in water. The aboleths actually canonically tried to flood golarion with water from there in the past. Its likely a place they might go.

Sounds like something a dragonfucker would say

WE NEED MORE ROCKS

I know they talked about some of the planets, did they release any information about Triaxus?
I just want to Dragon Riders in Space, is that too much to ask for?

Imagine if their ships are bio-organic. You basically have the Shadows.

>Rocks

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQq6VR13Ls

>Gillmen warn the Azlanti of an incoming attack by the Veiled Masters

>sixty years of diabolism
>But there will totally be diabolist knights thousands of years from now guise

Asmofags need to be exterminated.

There were already dragonriders in space. They confirmed power armor for dragons, and dragons in space.
There are bio ships that hail from the gas giant planets in the system. The natives use organically crafted organisms to use as their tools. So you might have to feed your gun and your starship and even your wrench

>Starships grown like pearls and birthed from the water

I need this now.

I don't even like cheliax, but its more of a chance that only the hellknights survived and not too much of cheliax's diobalicy.

Now it's sounding more like eXisTenZ

I bet if Asmodeus and Iomedae had a kid it would be really cute.

Nah, Iomedae probably wouldn't manage to be a good mother to a rape-baby. The trauma would lead her to neglect the child, leaving it needy and ridden with issues as an adult. Although given /pfg/'s usual waifus that might have been what you meant.

Iomedae had a kid with Apsu and he turned out pretty good.

I dont think that was a rape baby. Apsu is a lawful good aligned hunk.

Not a rape baby, idiot. A consensual love-baby.

Mutually exclusive with the set of parents.

Perth is a place in Australia, user.

Ain't it also the name of that place in Triaxus where the dragonriders come from

That's a universal Triaxian thing.

That said, Dispater might have a chance.

Pern is what the poster was thinking of.

>Ragathiel has a thing for Iomedae, but he's too much of a fucking wuss to make a move
>Daddy plows her without hesitation

Fucking hilarious

Nah thats not true. The dragonriders are native to a country on the western continent full of high cliffs and aires. They keep all their treasure together, unlike the other dragon continents which are ruled by giant or ancient true dragons.

In fact, half dragon and dragonblooded sorcerers are so common in Pern that people from other nations call them dragonfuckers as derogative terms.
The eastern continent is less dragon, more winter barbarians/summer druids and giant castle type people.

I want to fuck a dragon!

> ironfang invasion players were picked

Why was there no hype for this? Is ensoulment just overwhelming everything else?

Ironfang isn't a fun campaign, Amber Scott touched it.

DM didn't do a song and dance in thread.

Who got in? Character and Player wise?

No thirst for II.

Who got picked

REMOVE ROACH

Charlotte, Spider Queen, Krim, Tizak... who have an oracle, ranger, stalker, bard group. The LFG is still up at app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path

Krim's playing a lizardman, which is a really unusual pick, was my first impression.

Just PM THEM user

>no DHB
Why though? His character was great.

So we didn't get DHB's goblin hating Ben Garrison expy? Fuck this gay earth

>No DHB
RIP

>Ranger in the same party as Oracle, Sphere Bard and Brutal Slayer
They're on the way to suffering.

PM who? I kinda want to fuck Calsichedrix.

I hope they all have fun

Why's that?

Then PM their player?