So...

So... in my search for a QT that plays MTG to prove that one user wrong about a completely different argument I discovered that my FLGS hosts a Vampire Larp once a month that I thought I'd join for shits and giggles.

What am I to expect? Have any horror stories? Since I can only depend on around 15% of Veeky Forums for good advice... can I get your worst advice instead? How would I go about dealing with the theoretical larp party that consists of the Goth/SJW/Land Whale/Some other fourth party that you hate?(Note, some Goths are awesome)

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13752895/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait, there are still goths? I thought they all caught Tumblr cancer and turned into SJW hipsters.

Huh, I read that as Gothic Justice Landlord.

The best thing you can do is get info from the ST as to how to prepare and just approach with an open mind and positive attitude.

Also, speaking as someone who dated an MTGQT for several months, they do exist and will break your heart.

Don't shit on other people's fun and enjoy yourself.
If you want to break the ice, bring garlic bread for everyone.

It's from 2005, user.
Also, I think those are early juggalos.

Those are the worst, thinking they have superiority just because of their Scandinavian descent and their religious dogma.

Way ahead of you. Waiting on a reply from them now.
Also, Sweet. I need a little heartache. I've been far too aloof as of late.

I'm not planning to, I was just hoping for that special kind of Veeky Forums prejudice that's hilariously innacurate. Also some cringey stories.

Vampire LARPing are often a misfit gallery, if stories are to be trusted? The ones I was in, years back, were pretty ok though, mostly bored teens. And quite a few were indeed real qt3.14s!

It's not too difficult to get into; pretty standard Vampire-ish social manipulation/scheming. You know, the ol' "trying to gang up onto mutual enemies" while stabbing each other in the back.
Having a fun/interesting-though-not-grating character helps ease up the roleplaying; chicks like acting out (their) characters or interaction between them!

I was actually thinking of doing a full support roll, and seeing if I couldn't base my powers purely on being able to boost the abilities of another vampire, then doing some fun stuff by playing the field. Is that possible?

So you're going to play a Salubri? Good luck!

>early juggalos
Do you mean young juggalos? because juggalos were a thing well before 2005.

>can I get your worst advice instead?
fuck ALL of them

like literally have sexual intercourse with em you wont regret it

Mallgoths maybe? Pretty sure mopey nihilists who dress in black and listen to Joy Division are still mopey nihilists who dress in black and listen to Joy Division.

>garlic bread for everyone

That's true.
But there are no malls anymore.

Well... it appears I just might. A Salubri isn't too far into the Special Snowflake realm, is it?

Ok... that's step 26. First I've got to get in with the group and turn it into a Werewolf game. THEN the Furry Bat-on-Wolf Orgy happens.

went to a LARP once. Started out ok, then about 2 hours in, the guy running the game said "break time, everyone gather around." and pulled out a knife.
Everyone gathered around and pulled up their sleeves to reveal scarred arms, he then cut them all and they bled into a metal mixing bowl, and the person next to me said "don't worry, you'll get a drink too."
Words can not describe how fast I got out of there.

Sweet! Now I'm nervous about the group despite my discussion with the Storyteller being quite normal.

LARPing is fun. The thing with vampire larps though is that the people there are often outcasts with little in the way of social graces. The plus side of that is that if you only want to fuck them you're in for an easy time.

Eh, mostly I'm just trying to get out there and meet people. New Apartment, only get to see my D&D group once a week, if that, working 40 hours with virtually no evenings... The Fetlife Campaign, Finding an MTG QT, Joining a Vampire Larp... that's really just me trying to find a social circle so I'm not spending all my time on here, and let's be honest, Veeky Forums makes for the worst of company. I accused one of my group members of having Shit Taste at just the wrong time and, well... I spent quite a bit of time apologizing to them. If that's not a sign I've been on here too long... I don't know what is.

Oh, and I'm posting all this stuff like it's crazy Shit because it's all these things Veeky Forums as gotten so anal about that they never bother to have fun with anything anymore, so I figure I'd just do something to annoy the stiffs on here, and maybe get a screencap that gets passed around for a couple of months if I'm lucky.

I was at a mall a few weeks ago, checkmate atheist

is there an experience better than walking past a bath & body works

I've really only heard of one story, to be honest. My girlfriend's parents used to play in a VtM Larp. I don't know much about VtM but it sounded like they were in different (possibly opposing?) factions. They also dressed the part. The dad couldn't even ask the mom about where they were going to eat afterwards without being swarmed by a bunch of teenage boys that kept following her around. Suffice to say that the boys came across like a gamer stereotype- horny, desperate, etc. So yeah. I'd say expect those kinds of guys.

There used to be all kinds of vamp masquerade stories posted here, you could probably find them if you did some digging.

Prepare to meet some of the most pathetic people on the planet, who have also convinced themselves they are master race.

...But I already visit Veeky Forums on a daily basis!

On that side note: I started dating my boyfriend because we connected over MTG, random video games, and shitposting on Veeky Forums.

Though I wouldn't want to break up with him anyways, I refuse to break up with him before I beat him in a MTG match.

I have to confess that I sometimes nudge other girls into playing MTG for the express purpose of finding a boyfriend, so they can stop bitching to me about not having one.

No good advice but got a story.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13752895/

Shh... Veeky Forums isn't ready to handle the presence of an actual woman on here. The concept of a female being able to deal with, and even deal out the Shit we have in here would shatter their fragile fantasies about what a woman is. They'll regress back to their 2d women, body pillows, and finely sculpted female miniatures.

Bringing snacks is cool but if the primary function of the gathering isn't a dinner party, something lighter that won't wreck everyone's breath would be more prudent. Like a couple bags of chips and maybe a light dip. I don't want to get a blast of garlic stank every time I try to do some RP.

>prefering either 2D or 3D
Por que no los dos?

My fellow Flatlander of esteemed obtuse angle, not everyone here is a connoisseur of the Lineland ladies.

Ah yes, I've read that one. A really fine tale, if a bit long.

Soooooo, is her boyfriend fat and into erotic asphyxiation?
More importantly, is he dead?

>cards not sleeved
This is why I joined the dark side.

But they've already breached our defenses. They could be anyone.
They could be you, they could be him, they could even be

>Wayne
This fucking nigger

What? It was obvious! He's the woman.

Watch now, he'll turn pink any second now.
Any second now.

Is that a beard or neck shadow?

>joke

>your head

I'd say a... groomed neckbeard?

I'm not of African descent, but yeah, I hav3 been told that I do fuck like someone who is.

It can be whatever you want it to be.

Without consent?

>I fuck like an African.

How do you get the pepper spray out of your eyes afterward?

Only if it's consensual non-consent.

Pepper Spray! That sounds Delicious!

Really, you develop a tolerance for it, but you have to put Hot Sauce on everything if you actually want to taste food.