Previously on /EDH/: NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
How would you change the color pie for the better?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-of-edh-staples-and-power-cards/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-bffbig-freakin-frog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I got 1.99 after buying Steelshaper's Gift. What do I get for a Boros deck that's 2 bucks or less?

>How would you change the color pie for the better?
Remove blue.

what's the deck, and what are you missing?

Look at all this rectal ravage that people didn't find your idea cute or novel. You even had to resort to the classic "I'm not poor" argument. Did you really need to kick this general off with your manbaby fit?

>>How would you change the color pie for the better?

give red something that makes them less of a "i will never need to worry about this guy"

i'm pretty sure it's elaborate bait

The deck doesn't need them. And I have decks that do have them. I use them as necessary.

How are you still being a little faggot, little Timmy? Do you crave attention? Is it your pleasure in life to cause negative reactions? Go finger your butthole elsewhere, little Timmy.

Aurelia, not certain on a theme just yet. Mostly getting good stuff and secret tech.

confirmed bait

Krenko, even without any other goblins, can be pretty cool in an Aurelia deck. he can tap twice in a turn thanks to Aurelia's untap which leads to a pretty sizable army of goblins after a few turns.

No, you just need to stop being a faggot, little Timmy.

If you don't have suggestions for cards to add in or take out, then why comment at all? Oh? What's that? You're reason for doing so is because little Timmy is a basic bitch? Yeah, I agree with you there, little Timmy.

i think you could simply balance counter magic better. rather than putting a card into a graveyard more blue spells could tuck cards into players libraries or exile them temporarily. in this way blue could still control the flow of the game without having what amounts to preemptive removal. the game of magic has been shifting towards creatures more and more over the years and i think blue could really shine with large leviathan style finishing creatures.

ok

why are you even in the edh thread if you hate timmies

Dude, he's playing with fucking guildgates. Of course it was bait.

White - 13
Red - 12
Blue - 10
Black - 10
Green - 10
Gruul - 5
Dimir - 4
Orzhov - 4
Simic - 3
Selesnya - 3
Azorius - 3
Izzet - 3
Golgari - 3
Boros - 2
Rakdos - 2
Colorless - 2
Grixis - 2
Temur - 1
Bant - 1

The real problem with Planeswalker EDH.

Same guy, as far as I can tell: It's bait

>How would you change the color pie for the better?

A little while ago they decided that green should be able to remove creatures and gave it fight, which is a very green way to remove creatures.

I think they should do the same thing for all colors and all permanent types. It's pretty obnoxious that green and white can do everything, and colors like red and black get boned. They should just make very red or black ways of dealing with those permanents.

Imagine something like this:
RR
Red enchantment removal
Sorcery
Destroy target enchantment you don't control chosen at random.
Or maybe something like
Destroy 2 enchantments, chosen at random.

Black could get similar removal for artifacts and enchantments by paying life, sacrificing creatures, or discarding cards.

Something like
BBB
Black removal spell
Instant
As an additional cost to cast~, sacrifice X creatures, pay X life, and discard X cards.
Destroy X target permanents.

We could have stuff like this instead of red and black asking the other colors why their mom lets them have two weiners

what's white got for solid card draw besides mentor of the meek?

Wow what a fag. Doesn't have anything better to do than try to mess with good old Veeky Forums.

I've got Sunforger, Rogue's Gloves, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Sword of Vengance, and Scytheclaw as far as EDH playable equipment is concerned. Also have a Sword of the Animist on the way.

Got Godo, Open the Armory, and Steelshaper's gift on the way aswell, for my tutors. What are your suggestions for my equipment package?

*swoosh* Right over your head. Not that type of Timmy.

Except gates can be tutored for. So, if so need a specific color or color combination, boom. Also, I direct you to Amulet of Vigor.

And no. It's not bait. If you have suggestions, make them. If you don't, then why waste your time with the response? It's quite easy. Help or don't be a faggot. Either of those will be fine.

It can make other colors just as useless.

Land tax, SRAM, wall of omens, stone forge mystic, recruiter of the guard, etc.

argentum armor is pretty sweet, especially with extra combat steps. i'd recommend putting one in.

Gates can be tutored with what? Vampiric Tutor? Look at the cards again, they don't have both land types like shocks.

i like the red one well enough. the black is too broad.

>how about:
BB
sorcery
sacrifice any number of creatures you control. target player sacrifices an enchantment or artifact they control for each creature sacrificed in this way.

mesa enchantress/kor spirit dancer. you have a good point though.

>suggestion for god tribal deck

>Time Spiral nostalgia

Sram-0s.

Biting

Most obvious thing is your land base is absolute trash. Maze's End + Gates is never going to happen in EDH unless you go hard on land tutoring, and most of yours are restricted to basics or basic types. You should probably also remove terramorphic expanse and evolving wilds as you have better options for filtering. If you really have money, get rid of the cycling lands too. Drop them, trade for fetches/shocks as budget allows. I strongly suggest filterlands and bouncelands as budget options.

Captain Sisay isn't particularly useful when you're in five-color and mostly tutoring for enchantment creatures with it. You're wasting most of the potential of As Foretold, I suggest dropping that as well. Chromanticore, the Vows, and Furor of the Bitten are also just bad cards, drop 'em. I have no idea what you intend to cast gift of immortality on when most of the deck is indestructible.

>Help or don't be a faggot
Nigger where the fuck do you think you are

that's a very silly deck, i've seen it in action. i think it might be the absolute best monowhite deck you can make.

>Thread Question
How would you change the color pie for the better?
Give red more interaction on the stack. They already have Forks but should be given a red Misdirection or even something a little stronger. I'd like to see a new card printed that can actually compete with Force of Will like a color shifted red Misdirection, even though it's not quite good enough.

Something like a red Misdirection that can also counter an artifact would be great for the game. Red used to be able to counter spells with Red Blast and Artifact Blast.

I actually have a copy lying around, I think.

it's one of those cards that everyone has but a lot of people leave out. it's a pretty sweet card.

>things to consider adding
Wraths, lots of them. You dodge 'em and you're gonna get steamrolled by tokens otherwise.
Ghostly Prison-style cards. Also helps with token spam.
Mirri's Guile/Sylvan Library are great in enchantment-heavy decks.
Absolutely include Academy Rector if you can afford it.
Green Sun's Zenith and Worldly Tutor are probably your best options for tutors, but tutors in EDH are excellent in general.
Anything else on this could probably help you: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-of-edh-staples-and-power-cards/

It is, but honestly? It'd be better if you could splash red for grapeshot.

i think even storm decks with red run aetherflux over grapeshot though

So what else do I add?

That is literally the whole deck though. Mox Opal means any colors you want, nigga.

uhh

steel hellkite?

... how are you playing a red card in a monowhite commander?

what do you mean

Mirran Swords, Tenza, Nim Deathmantle, and Blade of Selves

You better build Godo, fucker

Maybe, but Aetherflux gets hosed by more things than grapeshot

What does that post have to do with my deck?

monastery mentor and aetherflux seem like they're enough

Did that guy mean playing Sram-0s in EDH? What the fuck? How? There's barely enough 0 cost artifacts to fill half a deck.

I'm playing Aurelia, though I am running Godo in the 99.

They're reversed, sorry. Also you really should not use Maze's End and gates in a 5 color deck unless you intend to win with them.

For a budget manabase for 5 colors you'd be much better off using the vivid lands from Lorwyn, all 10 trilands, City of Brass, and Mana Confluence.

That is a single card, it's not going to help you in EDH. Buy fetches already you poorfag.

krark-clan ironworks and 1-drop equipment go into the deck too. i goldfished a bit, it's super easy to get a giant voltron sram really quick. you also play just good equipment like the mirrodin swords and loxodon warhammer.

Sram-0s is nuts in EDH, what are you talking about?

Godo is more fun

>Vivid lands
>City of Brass, Mana Confluence
I'm Forgot to mention those. Seconding hard. The five-color ones should be a no-brainer.

That sounds pretty cool, I wish someone in my LGS played it.

I assumed when that guy brought up Sram-0s that he was answering in a more general sense, not just for EDH. Sometimes Magic still surprises me.

I can still have fun piloting Aurelia.

What's more fun, Endrek Sahr "sacrifice fucking everything" or Kokusho reanimator?

Endrek Sahr is awesome

their deaths will be quick and painless with kokusho. endrek sahr will make them suffer.

Ghoulcaller Gisa.

Change the color pie?

aw fuck yeah. phyrexian dreadnought to explode 24 power of creatures into play for 2 mana.

I might cut back on Gates for basics. Fetches for Shocks are just a good way for deck thinning. And they work well in decks that try to hit particular cards.

The only card I care to actually get is Zur. So, meh. And Gift of Immortality is in there for him if I need to tutor for it.

The Vows/Suit are a nifty way to get my opponents to bash each other's faces in with my Commander.

And I put Expanse/Wilds in there because I just happen to have them on hand.

I rarely trade my cards away. If I need something, I just typically buy it.

The bounce duals are nifty and everything, but meh. If I don't happen to need any more lands, I can just ditch a cycling land to draw a card.

But, I do see where you are going with all of this. And I do appreciate the help. These are just reasons/method of why I am using the cards being questioned.

And remember, Sisay tutors for a legendary card. Not just a creature. But, in this instance I would mostly be tutoring for Zur or any of the Gods. And being able to potentially get multiple uses out of her is great.

Also, where do I think I am? Not on /b/, that's where.

I thought about putting in Sylvan Library, but we'll see. I might end up getting it after all.

And as for Mirri's Guile, that's a pretty good card. Didn't even know it existed. Which is kind of funny since I got into MtG back in '97. But, I don't know what I would cut for it.

And I feel like Green Zenith would just be redundant as the creature I'd like to search for most would be Zur. And as for Wordly Tutor, I also don't know what I would take out for it.

And again, I appreciate the suggestions.

I want to run Daretti in the 99 of my Aurelia deck. I think he'd synergize well with all the equipment I'm running.

There's this guy too, I guess.

anyone here ever make a general tazri deck? seems like some cheap fun

It's actually the fastest deck in the format.

It's pretty popular.

Man. I completely forgot about all of those lands. City of Brass is actually surprising that I forgot all about it. I still might have a playset of them somewhere.

Oh, neat, that'll do wonders in my Ayli deck.

Here's a mana rock that makes clue tokens.

>effectively 7 mana per draw

yikes

It give card draw late game (plus you can sac the clues with Daretti and whatnot)

Does your Ayli have Necropotence?

I have a WB enchantment deck and the white only card draw I use include Oblation (can work for you or against others), Forsake the Worldly (same as before), and Mesa Enchantress (very niche use for enchantment decks only, really).

No but it does have Land tax and Phyrexian arena.

I recommend Necropotence, if you can spare the maximum $10. It can turn into an on-the-spot win if unanswered. Draw 30 cards on turn 3? Hot damn.

I run it in Rakdos but as I'm playing Cleric tribal there's little point to me hyper-digging through the deck as I'm not running any blatant infinite wincons.

I kind of want to try a castlevania themed deck full of skeletons, demons, and vampires (or maybe just the commander) aside from both inmistrad blocks, what are some good cards to add? Or a good commander to use?

Group says they want to take break to make some decks that can compete with my gitrog deck, is it actually that overpowered or am I playing with scrubs?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-bffbig-freakin-frog/
Lord of Tresserhorn, Thraximundar, or that grixis vampire that isn't Jeleva

Your deck is good, but not oppressively good. They need to find better synergy in their decks and more consistent answers that don't specifically target your deck.

This seems like a cheeky way around those pesky board wipes.

Garza Zol, W H Y Queen.

Baron sengir. Go look at The Dark, the original horror themed set

Looks good thanks. Now I kind of want to make two decks; one for dracula, and one for alucard with Vish Kal any maybe a bunch of sword artifacts

Sounds neato, friend

That sounds fun.

Yeah it's a good deterrent. There is tension though because the anthem effect is so good with tokens but the exile protection doesn't work on tokens.

Well I'm not really running a token strategy, so that little downside won't affect me too much.

don't forget, Anointed Procession doubles Clues as well!

A fucking godsend of a card in my Daxos, the Returned deck.

>Anointed Procession + Endless Ranks of the Dead
whycantiholdallthesezombies.tiff

>playing 3 player
>Jhoira is my commander
>bide time
>people set up
>person next to me is about to end their turn
>suspend enter the infinite
>copy mark of fury with echo mage
>enter the infinite at instant speed
>draw my last card on my turn
>wish I had lab maniac
>mana vault paradox engine into spawnsire of ulamog
>shit out the eldrazi
>mass hysteria
>annihilate 30
>leave 1 guy alive cause he hasn't attacked me much
>discard 70+ card hand
>temporal timepiece it all back
Izzet cancer?

>thread question
I'd give other colors more cards that can interact with the stack in some way.

Why doesn't white have conditional counterspells? All of their removal is quite conditional, or gives something to the opponent, so why can't the same happen with counters?

mana tithe