Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Vespid Master Race edition

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qN0lPXmH-GQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is a Dark Eldar thread nao

How do Thousand Sons players feel about being reduced to a handful of spells? Will you be playing them in 8th?

Go away Drew Carey, you fat fuck.

nope, it's underappreciated wraith unit thread.
Wraithlord, wraithfighter, and wraithblades all got a buff, while their previously OP brothers got a nerf.
Ok, the wraithblades skill look kinda shitty, but whatever.

Tzeentch is best chaos God.

Thinking about buying some Custodian Guard with 8th coming up.

Anyone tried them in 8th? Are they worth taking?

Its disappointing given the variety out of wrath of magnus. But at least we're not trash in general.

Pretty strongly considering an all bike/fast Eldar/Dark Eldar army - if I go with that build Ynnari is the better option right?

Spells should be at least infinite attempts but only 1 success.

Let all my Sorcs try until 1 of them gets it right

>everyone is crying about mortars
>mfw i unpack my 1000 brimstone horrors

Is there anywhere to view a game? I'm dirt poor and there's no way I could afford models, but I'd really like to just watch some people play.

Necrons back on top?

This guy playtested a smattering of units from guard in 8th. Once the Commissar dies the conscripts really start to melt!
youtube.com/watch?v=qN0lPXmH-GQ

I'm sure somebody will go on to say his tactics were wrong and he shouldn't have done this, that, the other thing. But for a playtest I think it really works to show what happens to conscripts whose commissar has been popped by a handful of snipers.

My anti-guard recommendation:
The guardsmen have 24" range and 6" movement. This gives you a lot of room to dictate the terms of engagement. Take snipers, hold back, pop the commissars, then charge. Unless you got transports in which case hide inside, move up, pop commissars, get out and charge.

I mean, unless these mortars are really so crazy good that they can pop transports with ease. In that case your in trouble.

Just look up 40k battle reports on youtube.

>I see your brimstone horrors and unpack my fabius bile

Your move

YouTube battle reports.

GW streams games on twitch and there are lots of battle reports on youtube (I like Tabletop Tactics).

Also FLG is streaming a game on twitch now.

They're not that good against transports but they'll melt any other infantry.

Also some armies do not have sniper options to counter commissars.

Why do so few antagonists have self-awareness?
If you're calling yourself the Dark Mechanicum you'd think that "dark" implies the bad guys, but they gleefully go for it.

Manager left left dark indexes out for people to read so we tried out 8th edition. came to the conclusion that contemptor dreadnoughts are fucking great with their 9 inch move and 10 wounds.

The warhammer live stream on twitch is not terrible, if you can see it when it is broadcasting.

Tesla's back, at least.
Lots of bitches running horde armies like it means something.
Annihilation Barge is 137 points, with underslung tesla. It's getting around 10 hits, and so around 7 wounds before saves on anything t5 or lower, on a relatively durable body.

Quantum Shielding has made them /weird/. Toughness 6 is just high enough that the enemy wants to fire their anti-tank weaponry at it, but unless that anti-tank is plasma you're getting a save against it. And usually a pretty good one, in my experience.

Anti-tank is harsh, until you remember that Triarch Stalkers have twin gauss. Shoot into it, then light up the target with massed fire. Sure, Gauss doesn't do what it used to, but -1 AP can get a surprising amount of work done.

Reminder that if you try to stop me from rerolling your dice with my CP I will literally fucking kill you

Who? I mean, Knights obviously but I don't think they're sweating the conscripts.

They'll get over it when a Tzeentch Codex comes out with over9000 psychic powers just like AoS has. Seriously I don't know what part of "the indexes are just temporary" you faggots aren't getting.

Gonna put together my terminator lord from my start collecting CSM box finally since it looks like multiple HQs and terminators in general look a lot better this edition. What should I load him up with? He's gonna be Khornate.

Neato guys, thanks.

Why would I try to stop you? RAW it's allowed.

Does anyone have the rest of the papercraft space wolf dreadnought? I only have this one piece.

But user, everything in 40k is temporary.

No it's not, the lead designer already shut that down.

It's probably like the Dark Eldar where that's just what the Imperium (the people the stories are told from the point of) call them.

>Argues that he's allowed to reroll your D6=5 attacks on the demolisher cannon
>You get fed up with him and say "Fine! Roll it and quit bitching!"
>He rolls
>....a 6
>:) Thanks, Mister!

I would've been terrified were this not Veeky Forums and you weren't frogposting.

>everything is temporary except my virginity
FTFY

INDEXES WILL NEVER BE REPLACED THIS IS THE GAME FROM NOW ON

>have a roll-off with my opponent
>he doesn't like his roll and re-rolls
>doesn't like my roll either so he re-rolls my roll, effectively rolling off against himself
>upset that I am not even involved in the roll off anymore, I reroll my die
>realize I'm losing so I reroll my opponents die
>my opponent loses a roll off that he has no rolls in
Serves that fucker right.

Well it's still real fuckin gay that they didn't just release everything all at once.

I have no desire to play 8th right now BECAUSE they are temporary and the game is "incomplete."

[citation needed]

That's what the loyalists call them.

Same way we call daemons Neverborn. Or the Ruinous Powers, we call the True Gods or the Primordial Truth.

No idea what the Dark Mechanicum call the!selves though.

Oh, sorry to hear that, user.

Then wait until the chaos book comes out?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic

Oh wow, I just realized something.

In all past editions, horde armies were 100% legit in terms of what was allowed by the rules and what most players would willingly play against. As contrasted to, for example, all-vehicle or all-monster armies, when the opponent didn't bring enough anti-tank weapons.

In 8th edition, if somebody shows up at the store with a purely infantry horde army of 200+ models, I'm sorely tempted to turn down a game with them even though it's legit. Even if I do have a shitload of anti-infantry weapons.

Wait, so did we lose meltacide for blood angels?

Gentle reminder that even working pure RAW, you can only use each stratagem once a phase.

The screencap was literally just posted in the last thread, dumbass.

I can still re-roll that result with my CP.

That actually sounds pretty funny, my mates and I might try a few games with no limit on re-rolls or strategems,

I play various Imperium factions. But yeah it looks like I'll have to wait to see what I actually want to build. Which is annoying and gay and makes me not want to give GW money.

Point is, it's a stupid business strategy.

Not all of us can sit here all day refreshing threads on Veeky Forums. I'm sorry that you have nothing to do with your life.

That's probably going to be 90% of lists

I hope you're running snipers to take out their morale-enhancers

Blood Angels have to use the vanilla assault squad rules at the moment and Inferno Pistols are 20 points each.

Can't reroll a reroll, nerdlinger.

I think twin heavy Bolters might be the new default Dreadnought weapon, or assault cannon if you don't feel like buying forge world parts or converting.

6 rending shots without a lot of expense.

Not likely - overall it is looking to be a very exciting release that is going to generate strong sales for GW. Obviously we won't know for sure because GW doesn't release sales data but signs point to it being pretty well received from a sales stand point.

>That's probably going to be 90% of lists
Nah I'm hopeful - if only because buying and painting that many models is a bitch.

LION TEASERS

FUCKING

WHEN
H
E
N

Is it just me or are Huskblades finally better than Agonisers for Archons? I have an extra Archon I'm preparing to build, wat do?

Thinking Blast Pistol + Huskblade and then throwing him in a transport with some Incubi

>Roll a 4
>He rerolls your 4 into a 2
>You reroll his reroll into a 4
>But your the imperial guard so you still have 11 CP and he only has 3.

They updated everyone at once so no one is left with an unplayable army at the start of the edition.

They've ALWAYS done Codex releases one at a time and always will because, newsflash, it's actually a much fucking better business strategy, and they would know, because they run a multi-million dollar business, and you do not.

Not making apologies for GW being a bunch of fucking jews, but there are actual reasons for this.

Once the commisars are down, you essentially kill conscripts twice as fast due to morale

What the fuck

There are like 50 hell turkeys incoming in that art

That was his re-roll, not mine, nigglet.

>my opponent keeps rerolling my psychic rolls for my brimstones
>can't reroll them again because I'm at -14 CP

NOOOO ITS NOT FAIR

what kinds of lists are you thinking of running?

I need to lay down. Maybe have a cry...

Doesn't matter. p. 187, sidebar. Once a die's been rerolled once, it can't be rerolled again.

In the Mechanicum HH book Kelbor-Hal refers to themselves as the Dark Mechanicum.

Makes me think of that Mitchell and Web "Are we the bad guys?" skit.

>Cruddace was the guy who came up with the command point mechanic
>Imperial Guard just happen to be the army that can spam 3x more of them than anyone else
Really engages my cogitators

We had an interesting day at the store today. The Store Manager had put out all the rulebooks for 8th edition, and so people started running games using the rules. I had brought my tau(not the pic, more on that later) to run a game against some space marines. And we got halfway through the second turn when something odd happened.

A dude walked in the store with a gigantic box, and dropped it in front of the manager. I didn't notice it happening, but apparently the dude was butthurt about the new edition, so he was getting rid of his entire collection. He had models from Guard, Orks, Necrons, Eldar, and Space Marines(even a couple Rogue Trader models). Everyone from the store was invited to just take whatever they wanted.

Seeing as I was starting a tau army, this ended up being the perfect chance to score more models for my new army. I also ended up being a SINGLE PIECE away from an entire devilfish, it's just missing the Back-left panel frame, leaving the whole thing as an extra fancy terrain piece. Most of the collection is also in various states of wear n' tear, as well as poor priming. All of the crisis suits are missing their feet, and I only grabbed up one stealth suit out of three. These guys will all need to be stripped and reprimed properly.

Why did everyone bully Lorgar, tg?

Catacomb Command Barge w/ Warscythe + Gauss Cannon: 168
Cryptek: 104

Triarch Stalker w/ Twin Heavy Gauss Cannon: 181

20 Warriors: 240
20 Warriors: 240
10 Immortals w/ Gauss: 170
10 Immortals w/ Tesla: 170

Annihilation Barge: 146
Annihilation Barge: 146
Doomsday Ark: 203

Doom Scythe: 220

1988, 6 command points.

What a manbaby

At least he didn't set them on fire

He's going to regret that.

Because lorgars a fucking bitch who wanted to talk instead of fight

I once had a trench coat autist 18 year old pull a knife on me when playing warhammer fantasy at a FLGS.

I was 12 at the time.

>better than Agonisers

Pros:
>deals an average of 2 damage against T3 models instead of 1. Assuming said T3 model even has 2 wounds or more.

Cons
>strictly worse at killing marines and up
>abysmal at killing T6
>has the same chance of ever hitting a vehicle anyways
>costs 6 pts more for some reason

Top kek

The tears are delicious

Ironically, I was sad to see the Platoon Mechanic go. It may be to our advantage but, well, platoons were just one of those things that made guard guard! The ability to take heavy weapons in the troops slot, the conscripts, the heavy weapons blobs. I'll miss it all.

...But don't worry. We'll probably see our troops cost nerfed by 1 point each come the codex.

I don't run a business, but I have an understanding of economics, and the fact that the guys at GW are running a business does not necessarily mean they are actually any good at it (though they've been getting better recently).

>They ALWAYS done Codex releases one at a time and always will

Sure, but they didn't have the indices before. There's less incentive to buy now and start playing the game with an unfinished ruleset when certain army compositions or model loadouts could be invalidated or heavily nerfed by the time the full books come out. Not that you should only build forces with ONLY rules in mind, but for people that actually care about the rules being good and want a force that's decent on the tabletop, they are important.

Knights are actually the most easily raped by conscript spam.
The new system falls apart at its extreme ends.

>Sure, but they didn't have the indices before.
Newfag who missed 3rd detected.

Also your entire argument boils down to "but things could change!" when that's always been the case with Codex updates coming out.

I am apparently bad at math. Oh well, sticking with the agoniser then.

Blast Pistol or no, fellow archons? New pistol rules seem to make the Blast Pistol (potentially) actually worth something

>mfw bust out ancient sisters force
jesus, I own way to many of these gals.

Also a strange amount of flamers.
So far tallied:
73 bolters, 6 heavy flamers, 3 heavy bolters, fucking 21 flamers, 4 banners, 2 Canoness, 10 Seraphim, Celestine and 7 Superiors
Curiously only 3 meltas, but i trhink at a certain point I just started using flamers as meltas in certain squads.

Why the fuck did I buy so many?

he isn't since his joy seems to be in collecting armies in the now rather than putting any effort into any specific army.

fucking wallet warriors

p178,
Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll.
Which means you get to roll some or all of the dice again.
YOU can never re-roll a dice more than once, and re-rolls happen before modifiers.

Yeah, fucker, you can't re-roll it again.
You as in the person that just re-rolled.
But I can re-roll once aswell.

purifying flame user, purifying flame.

Pic related is some other stuff that got looted. I feel like starting a necron army as a result of this

Are Vespids mind-controlled by the tau or are they just really friendly and weird?

shitsters of basshole

Fucking xenos shitwings

FUCKING SCUM! DIE IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR!

Old dominions were a tad ridiculous. 4 (5 with combi) flamers that, basically, rended on 6s.

its true.
can't deny it rules lawyer bitch, you want to reroll my dice, i'll just start packing more rerolls and just reroll your rerolls making your rerolls null and void.

best part is, is if your reroll ends up being worse for you it stands and you just used up a reroll against yourself FUCKING NERD STOP HITTING URSELF

>Which means you get to roll some or all of the dice again.
Oh thank fuck, that means anything that says it can "re-roll charge distance" can just choose to re-roll one low one instead of both. So if you roll a 1 and a 6 you don't have to lose the 6 to re-roll the 1.

That just made Orks better, for one thing.

If you're in the USA and ever want to get rid of those heavy flamers, I'd be interested.

Also, here's what I've got planned, based on what I own:

+ Spearhead Detachment +
Celestine w/ Superia: 250
5 Dominions w/ 4 Meltaguns: 114
- Immolator w/ Flamer: 103
5 Dominions w/ 4 Flamers: 91
- Immolator w/ Melta: 122
10 Seraphim w/ 2x 2 hand flamers: 134
5 Retributors w/ Multi-Meltas: 113

+ Vanguard Detachment +
Canoness w/ Eviscerator: 67
Priest: 35
9 Repentia: 153
Mistress of Repentance: 38
- Rhino: 77
2 Imagifiers: 120
- Immolator w/ Flamer: 103
5 Retributors w/ Heavy Bolters: 85

+ Super-Heavy Auxiliary +
Hexenhammer, Knight-Errant: 430

5 command points, Celestine warlord

Smack the Retributors and their Mistress in a rhino, all the characters in one immolator, and the two Dominion squads in the other.

Turn 1, use my AoF on a long ranged squad to open up on whatever needs solving.
Turn 2, the Seraphim should be in position with Celestine, so they get the AoF, Celestine getting the army one and the Seraphim getting the other. Repentia and Characters get out and assume deathblob position behind their tranports; try to block enemy charge while enabling their own.

Turn 3, AoF on the Repentia if they've made charge, on Seraphim/Celestine again if they haven't. Everything else is fluid as the battle.