/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Normies Get Out REEEEE

Season 8 Veeky Forums Fumbbl League signups are open until Thursday Night (22:00 CET). If you haven't played with us before, it's a good time to join, as we are in the AGE OF NUFFLEâ„¢. Only fresh team applications will be accepted, no returning teams, everyone is on the same starting line this season. PM MauledByTheTigers or Pizzapocalypse on Fummbl for details.

Also, news on new TT releases from Warhammer Fest: warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

BB2 Legendary Edition will be shown at E3 in a week.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Start of season on BB:CE, kill some time till BB2:LE, playing goblins
>First game against Chaos
>Get fucked on rolls for looney and fanatic, losing them early
>By second half six of my goblins are MNG
>Two more then die in second half

I'm sorry for trying to cheat Nuffle

The new Kinda-Official-Play-Testing-Maybe teams!

And how to play the one with the bombs, stabby-stab, mutations and rats!

next game in my league is lizardmen(me) wvs orcs

I'm really excited cause it seems like a pretty good match up for me

Do your Saurus have block yet?

If not you might not have as easy a time as you think. Their blitzers will make up for the extra 2 S4 players you have.

2 have block 2 skinks have side step. pretty early in the league thogh

>BASH TEAM THAT ONLY GETS BLOCK ON DOUBLES?

Tell me more

Khorne Pit Fighters were too damned good!

block is overrated anyway

>reinstall blood bowl:ce
>start campaign on normal
>go for a norse team, well-balanced with werewolves, some rerolls, thrower/runner to actually football a bit, an apothecary
>first match against orcs
>can't brawl against them effectively, go for a more traditional footballing
>get an early touchdown
>block does fucking nothing whatsoever as the Orcs injure player after player
>Black orc surrounded by four linemen and a werewolf? Breaks the werewolf's jaw
>a fucking lone goblin KOs one of my bezerkers in the endzone
>on 14/16, match almost goddamn over, still leading 1-0
>since the game's made me kick to the Orcs twice now, they have the ball
>six of my players are in the fucking apothecary
>intercept their line with a runner, lineman, and werewolf
>knock down the ball holder
>runner attempts to pick up the ball
>fumbles it, goes to werwolf
>fumbles it, goes to lineman
>fumbles it, goes to goblin
>turnover, goblin runs into the endzone
>tearing my fucking hair out as the game ends in a draw

'Okay, well, it's just one match with some exceptionally bad luck. I'll do one more.'

>face lizardmen
>get to receive the ball
>lands right next to a lineman
>fumbles picking it up on a 3+, giving an instant turnover
>skaven dodges four attacks of oppurtunity and picks up the ball
>attack him with a Bezerker
>ATTACKER DOWN/ATTACKER DOWN
>turnover
>ball-holding skink dodges three attacks of opportunity
>scores a touchdown turn two as kickers
>uninstall

Every FUUUUCKING TIME

I rerolled the ATTACKER DOWN/ATTACKER DOWN for the even better choices of ATTACKER DOWN/ATTACKER DOWN, by the way.

>he tried to pick up the ball with an ag3
>laughingelves.jpg

What am I supposed to do, run my one player with Agility above 3 to the other side of the field in the hopes that the Lizards won't just saunter past my defenses and pick it up, so that I can have a slightly less awful chance of picking up a ball from the ground?

>take orc lineman
>detract 1 AV
>give a skill detrimental for linos
>augment their price
well done gw

picking up the ball is your last action
Don't stand norse linemen next to enemies if possible unless said opponent would be rolling -2d, let them come to you instead
Also, orcs are one of your most brutal matchups early on since all that av9 makes it difficult for you to remove key players with your safer block rolls
Captcha: clear city. You'll also die in a protracted brawl as av7 don't keep you safe for shit

Can someone smarter and more experienced then me comment on the noble humans? Guard block blitzers seem really good.

Typically I'm only standing my linemen against enemies when I want to knock them down/slam them with four people in the hope of an injury (never got one on any orc this way, of course). What should I be doing, hit-and-run tactics?

They're the only good thing about the roster, all the other players are way overpriced for what you get. Access to two ogres seems fun but you'll never be able to afford both.

Not play like shit

Oh, I'm so sorry for not buying two runners with my starting gold and having them on all four corners of the field at all times. Any basic bloodbowl player knows that, surely.

While the computer plays a little better as you crank it up to hard mode. the main thing that changes are the dice rolls for both you and the computer.

I have been playing the game for years on end so i set it on the hardest setting to start with.

i burnt through my 3 rerolls each turn the FIRST time i had to roll dice because it was Skull / Skull or a failed dodge or some other stupid shit. then the computer would turn around and throw 2 dice uphill blocks and get Pow / Pow for its first 3 blocks.

i have BB2 but playing online is just rage inducing. ill start to win so the guy im playing will eat up his clock every fucking turn. just sit there with his last guy to move and wait till there is only seconds left then move him.

guy you played against the Blood Bowl ai and you didn't win to be so incompetent is truly remarkable

I see, you don't actually understand the game or situation so you're just throwing out generalized insults to try and feel superior.

If you have nothing useful to offer, kindly fuck off, retard.

it was proven over and over again that the dice aren't fudged vs the ai.
Also the "strongest" ai is not the hard one it is the medium one.
The hard ai does not take any risky action at all

it is totally normal to only use halflings or snotlings vs the ai so that you have at least some challenge vs the ai.

I gave up after 20 games. I won most of them but it was still infuriating to sit there and burn my rerolls on skull / skull blocks 5 to 6 times a game and then turn around and have the AI roll pow / pow uphill blocks.

maybe all 20 of my games were that 1 in 1,000,000 combo. but fuck it.

Then on the flipside of that when i tried easy mode the AI would throw skull / skull and i could do just about anything i wanted.

ok sorry I was away a moment, Essentially, follow opponents if you knock them down, otherwise push them away from wherever your ball holder is if possible
Obviously, this is not possible for your frenzy pieces so be careful to support them, ulfwerner are best for this due to their higher strength
Basically the aim is to force your opponent to be only able to make 3 blocks or less against you per turn while maximising your own blocks as, in the case of orcs or similar, he'll probably base you
In this way, you'll wear down even quite tough teams usually

>slightly less awful

An ag4 is 4 times more likely to pick up the ball with a reroll than an ag3.

wrong, he is 4 times less likely to fuck up.

>reinstall to try one more round, maybe I'm just a scrub
>same campaign, against lizards
>game goes well despite the fact that AI teams start with 300 extra value for some reason
>score an early point, then lose a point due to a skink completely ignoring all attacks of opportunity and freely wading into the endzone
>get the ball, runner driving up the pitch, four spaces away from the endzone and totally clear
>HALFTIME LOL FUCK YOU GIVE THEM THE BALL
>smash through lizard frontline, skink with ball runs back to their own endzone
>run up with a bezerker and knock him down, putting the ball three tiles away from the endzone, totally clear
>the entire enemy team disengages without a single attack of opportunity hitting, crosses the entire field, and tries to block the ball.
>luckily my own men are also fairly close - can bring some of them in to just barely knock down the nearest skinks and clear a totally free path to the ball. runner is still en route, so bezerker has to pick it up to walk five tiles to the endzone
>turn 11: fumble
>another lizard swoops in and picks up the ball, though boxed in by my men
>turn 12: my entire team is assembled at the endzone, get bezerker to attack skink
>PUSH/PUSH
>reroll
>PUSH/ATTACKER DOWN
>jesus christ
>push him one tile closer to the endzone
>turn 13: knock the skink down, putting the ball one tile away from the endzone, having to deal with saurus harassing me
>runner moves to pick up the ball
>fumble
>turn 14: saurus picks up ball. roll three die to attack a saurus with block, two times. push him once. ball is now literally in the endzone, held by saurus.
>turn 15: knock down boxed-in saurus. ball falls outside the endzone. ball teleports over to my endzone.
>request steam refund.

Finished painting my Ogre team.

Not sure about a team name, perhaps "Averland Avelanche" given the colours.

Even for Goblins thats extraordinary. What happened? Like, what was your roster?

Where were the trolls? Less it was a souped up chaos team.

wasn't there a BB2 Veeky Forums league once?

There was, but it died. Managing leagues is too hard for Crab.

>that huge ass blade

REF!!!!

Looking nicely done though. Averland Avalanche sounds cool. Be sure to bring the pain.

just play fumbbl, "get good" playing real people there is no other way.

you can git gud by playing against the AI, you won't get as gud as playing against humans, but you can still learn fundamentals. It sounds like that user is a complete scrub and still has much to learn, especially fundamentals.

>BB2

is this game dead or what, it's been 4 hours and still didn't find a single game

Restart the game, there's a bug that happens sometimes.

Got to join the cabalvision open league. Get tons of games there.

Trolls did well for a while (think it was the only reason I made it to second half). Then here comes all the failed Really Stupid rolls.

Sometimes those dice kill you more than your own chainsaw.

Are they announcing the actual release date for Legendary Edition on E3?

>winning most of your matches
>still complaining

This is cyanide, a release date is more wishful thinking than a commitment.

what's a fun team for a beginner dudes
i want to score a lot

>six of my players are in the fucking apothecary
So the secret ingredient of the magic sponge is lube?

Woodelves

Dark Elves.

the only teams that really score a bunch are woodies, high elf, pro elf, and skaven

Goblins

Khemri

Sorry to hear that. Ah well, least you can bounce back if you haven't retired. Gobbos are useful until death.

I'm pretty experienced with them (regularly play them on the tabletop).

Though after that thinking of doing Underworld. Pretty much any team where goblins aren't pushed out by better options, I like to play.

Oh nice! Good to see a fellow Gobbo coach. I haven't played TT in a bit bar last week after a couple of years due to no scene.

Though I only use the saw for my weapon, the other two have either suicided or decimate my own side one too many times, the bomber mainly the latter. Rather big bunch of green bodies than hoping and praying my fan or bomber actually work.

Still love them and can't wait for their addition to BB2. Even got the new Goblin box set and going to paint them next few days once I get my hands on the spray paint and brushes.

We got the Blood Bowl Rules ebook in here?

I think they're just .pdfs

Isn't it infuriating when the game is not going bad because you're unlucky or the other player is better then you, but just because the other player is SO FUCKING LUCKY

>Start a new chaos team
>Never played them so i'm shit
>get paired with a 970TV human team
>They got no ogre
>The player is as shit as i am
>All he does is dodge and pass
>he NEVER fails either of them
>Even without rerolls
>On a human team
>Even long passes, with 17% chance of success, he succedes
>Even dodging out of three tackles zones
>Even picking up the ball in a tackle zone of two of my players
>Meanwhile the best result i get on a two dice block is both down

I managed to tie the game in the last turns but only because i managed to injure 8 of his players

>complains about lucky opponent
>waaah, I got 16 spp from blocking with a fresh chaos team

ok maybe they were not 8 injured
only 4, the other for were just ko

>Meanwhile the best result i get on a two dice block is both down
>i managed to injure 8 of his players

I'm sorry, did you say he was playing Humans, or Dominoes?

>only 4
2 is average 4 is really lucky especially with no mb and block skill.

Humans, and all those injuries were gained on both down

He also managed to kill one of my beastmen and in two boh down results injured another beastman and my minotaur

>taking the Minotaur

What can i say, I love minotaurs

Did you go the three Warrior and 1 mino build? Cause that's stupid hard to get off the ground at the start and takes a crazy amount of gold to get up to par.

100k for a Chaos Warrior,
50k for the Apothecary
120k for the Re-roll.

So until you get 310k gold, your roster is kind of on the backfoot.

In contrast the 4 Warrior build only needs 50k for a doctor and its sorted.

Yeah but i'm not really planning to skyrocket any leaderboard, I'm kinda shit at the game

I just wanted to see what fresh cahos teams could do

I just need to injure more faggots

Oh right. Honestly if you want to murder people at the start and be super safe, your best bet are Dwarfs. Tough, block on everyone, high armour. Also better at killing than Chaos at the start. Or if you are some sick masochist AND sadist, go Norse.

Most of us just want to play to have fun and not win leaderboards so, you're in the same boat.

take all blitzers and rest GA linemen and slaughter at higher TV.

Yeah, slaughter with your team of 6338s. About that.

>nurgle vs vanilla chaos
>start as defense
>he tries to completely all out mark and bash me
>2/3 of the pitch is his men engaging mine
>beast of nurgle ties up with nurgle warriors
>his minotaur gets knocked over and incapacitated
>start breaking apart his offense bit by bit
>completely stop his offense in tracks and he concedes
>mfw

Best Chaos God

Turns out high winds can knock out fibre optic lines, who knew.

As mentioned in the group PM on FUMBBL, shout at me if you should be on this list, deadline is 2200 FUMBBL time Thursday, so about 20 hours from now.

Sent my PM to change races because you enable try harding

so what about 8 or 16 for playoffs?

lots of stunties and not a single dwarf team. thank god

LET THE FOULING BEGIN.

> not a single dwarf team.
>thank god

That's a grudgin

Did you not notice the 2 chorfs?

chorfs are a lot better to play against than vanilla dwarfs for stunties

Less big guys getting knocked about by people less than half their size.

fewer

-60% sale Blood Bowl 2 on Steam right now. Is it worth buying?

Buying it at that price, and the upgrade pack for Legendary Edition when it comes along, should come out to about 10 or 12 bucks off buying the complete Legendary Edition.

Or wait, I think I'm mistaken.

The legendary edition upgrade doesn't get you the existing dlc teams. Which are also on sale, but buying it that way means you save like, 5 bucks after buying the upgrade pack down the road.

Gameplay-wise, was there anything actually wrong with the first game?

pathing was even worse than in bb2, you had to select each tile manually if you didn't want to dodge through a bunch of tacklezones

Starting an Orc team soon, what do you guys think I should go with?

Option 1: All The Rerolls (Aka get those Black Orcs to get touchdowns)
4x Blitzer
2x Black Orc
2x Thrower
2x Lino
1x Goblin
4x Rerolls
1k on the dot

Options 2: Electric Boogaloo
Blitzer x4
Black Orc x3
Thrower x2
Lino x2
Rerolls x3
980k Total

The "ideal" roster is max blitzers, max black orcs, one thrower, the rest lineorcs, 3 rerolls.

The most important players on the team are the S access ones, so they're the ones you want to have all that you can at the same time, earning SPP from the very beginning.

And you definitely don't want to take a Goblin without a Troll. Orcs can do running fine without needing a Goblin to dodge past stuff, but the Throw Teammate option with the Troll can add something new to their offense. Something unreliable too, but it's there.

Playing low-value defense against Lizardmen is literally impossible. Stunty+Dodge means that 8MV starting skinks can just fucking waltz past any tackle zone and the only possible way you can get the ball out of their hands is to directly attack them - which, if they've got a cage and YOU don't universally have high agi/dodge, is not possible.

4 blitzers, 4 black orcs, 3 linemen. the thrower is actually trash being 5338, and he hogs touchdowns you'd rather feed to your blitzers. unless you really need the surehands (lots of wood elves), the thrower's garbage

A skink dodge will fail 1 of 9 times. A player who relies on them for his TD's is bad and will lose game because of it.

An 11% chance to fail is abyssal low, mate. Skinks walk straight though tackle zones to the end all the time.

position better

then position your defense against stunty and not against elves.

How the fuck are you supposed to make a skink go through an average of nine tackle zones a turn before you can slam tackle on your entire team?

if you're making him go for a stupid run play far from the endzone then it's probably early in the half and you're in position to win the game most likely

So for someone completely new to Blood Bowl... where do I start? I was thinking of picking up the computer version to learn but I've heard they're making a Legendary Edition or something with all the DLC so I guess I'll wait for that.

fumbbl is completely free with all the teams. fumbbl.com/

Nigga they are movement 8 with six beefy bastards clearing the patch for them. Positioning doesn't mean shit if you get pushed out of it constantly.