Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Custom Ynarri Far Seer edition. WAAC is a way of life and not a bad thing.

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1rAN-fIcco8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This Thread for Perturabo!

First for Macragge!

I recognize a Stompa doesn't come with a base, BTW, id build my own

How many raptors is too many raptors? With my new backpacks, I have the potential for 30 raptors...

Does anyone know if Deathwatch will at least be decent in 8th? I haven't seen any info on them.

Too many raptors is reached the moment you kitbash your first Lias Issodon model

Confirmed trash tier, go out and buy nids.

Wrong raptors. I mean chaos raptors

Remove ynnari
you're worst aledari

There is basically zero reason to take them. Also their base unit is worded extremely oddly and theres little reason to gimp a unit by taking normal marines and terminators in the same unit.

When the Ork tellyport blasta blasta says to "roll a D6 at the end of the phase. If the result is greater than that model's Wounds characteristic, it is slain" does that mean that I roll against their wounds profile on the dataslate or their current wounds remaining. If there is a W5 character who is down to 3 wounds, do I need to roll a 4+ to slay it or a 6+?

I'm pretty sure characteristic means you look at their profile, so a 6+ in that example

Ok, thank you.

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear after painstakingly kitbashing two termies to go with my Frag Cannon squad...

So a unit can disembark when the vehicle is within 1 inch of enemy models right?

Why do scouts have a higher PL than tactical marines

They are top tier.

It's still a good idea to cover your raptors in static-grass and brag about it on Veeky Forums. Don't forget to get a leviathan from china and put yet more static grass on it for maximum shitposting purposes.

The mobile fortress rule of the battle wagon doesn't apply to the passengers, or does it?

your autism didn't bear a sane fruit

pauldrons and heads are supposed to have the same size

It's a pretty cool weapon, but the units just lack much 'specialness'. Doubt you'll do awful, but you could optimize alot more.

Ok so I'm going to use 8E as my excuse to finally break into playing 40k. I'm interested in starting with Slaanesh Chaos Marines. What all should I pick up first to start bringing the noise? My buddy is going to go with Tyranids and probably just shooting for smaller point games to learn the basics

Tau support systems look potentially devilish.

Deepstriking opponent?
EWO. If they DS within 12'' your suit can fire all guns at it immediately, normal BS, without giving up a shooting phase. They survive to charge, well time for overwatch.
If they DS over 12'' they ain't charging or firing meltas

Lotta Fly keyword going about?
VT. Straight up +1 BS no caveats or limitations.

General situation?
ATS. All the guns, now with better AP

Tell that to the different artists.

I had a squad of fiver Vets with shotguns and two Frag Cannons accompanied by two Terminators with assault cannons and auxiliary meltaguns in a Furor Kill Team for 7th, it made sense them, but I guess it won't work now

Yes, but none of the disembarking models can be within 1" of enemy units and all models which fail to be placed when the unit disembarks are considered slain.

Good for the bigger suits, but crisis are probably better off just taking 3 guns.

Put a Death Korps Vanquisher together, super impressed by the model. Looks mean compared to my regular Russes, it'll make a nice command tank.

>scions head is barely at a chads stomach

It would look a bit awkward if you handled it the wrong way.

A Riptide is about 1/4th the size of a Stompa. You'd have to have the torso pretty much crushed into pieces or else your Stompa would look like it's tipping backwards, not stepping on it.

Posted the beginning of this in /wip/, but what do you guys think of my weirdboy?

Chris Pratt seemed to have a little trouble handling 4 of them in Jurassic World, although he managed. I'd suggest sticking to three.

The best SS loadouts will be a hot topic I imagine.
Though with 3 slots you can deck out

I love it! What did you use for bits? Especially the eye thing.

Plastic aspect warriors when?

Because if you buy them all sniper rifles and camo cloaks they're 18 points each to the 13 of the tacticals, and both still have some pricey options they can take on top of that

The funniest thing I find about conscript autism is that you literally cannot bring non hover fliers against them

For a second my brain omitted the 'a' in that sentence and tried to parse the meaning of mall goth tau.

Not that guy but that's the Iron sight bit from Ork boyz kit.

I told them

they told me you have to resize the heads

What chaos god would Rakdos, the Defiler (or a daemon prince/chaos lord inspired thereby) serve in 40k? The Cult of Rakdos seems to mesh Slaanesh's hedonism-and-revels and Khorne's BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD together pretty seamlessly, but in 40k that's weird for some reason.

Ah, neat. I've always appreciated orks from afar, maybe now someone soon I'll finally take the plunge since they share a book with my tyranids.

Rakdos is more about putting on a show than actual killing, so Slaanesh

I'll try my best:

Body is a Savage Orruk
Head is the Ardboyz Boss
Skull necklace is from the Orruk Megaboss
Staff is from Savage Orruks
Skull on the staff is likely from the Orruk Brutes
Various shoulderpads probably from Ork Boyz or Nobz box
Skulls dangling off belt are from the Ardboyz box
Snakebite logo I have absolutely no idea

The eye bit is from either the Ork Boy box.

I often forget to appreciate the fact that orks literally just bolt metal plates into their fucking skin to wear them as armour instead of bothering with straps and shit.

i feel like he needs some crazy hair to be complete

doubtful it will ever happen, here's a good conversion for your troubles

What's a good way to make a Chaos Lord with a jumpack? I know you can use the Warp Talons/Raptor kit but I really would like him to stand out.

>doubtful it will ever happen

But they HAVE to eventually... right?

Leather straps are a luxury the plebboys can't afford.

not really, aspects aren't a focal point for eldar but it'll happen before plastic sisters

You could give him a taller scenic base and more eye-grabbing paint scheme to draw attention.

Why not spend that hard earned money on one of our Repulsor (TM) Grav (TM) Primaris (TM) Tanks. Everyone should have some Primaris (TM) Marines!

>A Battlewagon ignores the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons

Are the passengers a Battlewagon?

Next time they get a Codex update.

Wraithstuff will probably be moved to Ynnari and Asuryani will focus on Aspects.

I'm pretty sure open-topped vehicles specifically state in their rules that the passengers share any benefits of the thing shooting-wise

Fugg that's a handsome Fuegan. I've seen some decent Jain Zars made from Lelith Hesperax.

Duh.
But open-topped says the passengers adhere to the same modifiers as the BW. So I wasn't sure if that meant they would suffer the -1 for moving and firing heavy weapons or not.

The Chaos Tau are here and absolutely dreadfully dressed

Forgeworld stuff. There are a bunch of really distinctive heresy era jump packs.

I got caught up reading the huge discussion last thread and so I did some math. This is (roughly) how many Conscripts it is physically (and reasonably) possible to get into range of a Knight if they just advanced towards each other. Not taking into account casualties in between, etc, you can get quite a lot in range, and they can get off quite a lot of shots.

The shooting math is easy from there.

>...any restrictions or modifiers that apply to this model also apply to ist passengers.
> any restrictions that apply
> -1 to shoot heavy weapons doesn't apply to the BW
> so it doesn't apply to the passengers as well

Is what I get out of it.

Add it to the FAQ pile.

At this point this is going to be the biggest fucking FAQ GW has ever had to release.

Damn, all this rules arguments feels like what might go on in the Supreme Court during a very contentious case.

Except you don't even need a FAQ for it, it's the basic rules It'd be the shortest FAQ ever since you can just have it be

>Q: (insert question here)
>A: Read the rules and don't be an asshole

We needed a FAQ 17 days before release

Working on a 100 PL list

Captain with relic blade and master crafted boltgun, 5

Terminator librarian with force stave and combi plasma, 8

Tac squad with gravgun, grav cannon, combi-flamer 9

Tac squad with plasmagun, plasma cannon, combi-flamer 9

Intercessor squad 6

Assault squad with 2 flamers and an eviscerator + combat shield + meltabomb sergeant, 5
Razorback with assault cannons and storm bolter, 5

Vanguard with jump packs. Sgt with TH+ SS and meltabomb, 1 other with TH+SS, 1 with power axe + grav pistol, 2 others with power sword + grav pistols, 8

Contemptor dreadnought with multimelta, 8

Cataphractii with Combi bolter + sword + grenade harness sgt, 1 with combi-bolter + chainfist, 1 with heavy flamer + chainfist, 2 with double lightning claws, 13

Predator with TL lascannon, HB sponsons, storm bolter 9

Vindicator with storm bolter 8

Devastator squad, not sure what to give them yet. Maybe 4 lascannons, or 2 lascannons and 2 missiles, or something like that. 7

Golly, what a funny joke. Haven't seen that one since you shat all over the Age of Sigmar threads with it and nobody cared

Looking to run some damage calculations with various weapons and such, what are the best units to use as benchmarks? Right now I'm looking at:
Light Infantry: Guard
Medium Infantry: Tactical Marine
Heavy Infantry: Terminator
Light Vehicle: Land Speeder
Medium Vehicle: Rhino
Heavy Vehicle: Land Raider
Super-Heavy Vehicle: Baneblade

Does that sound about right? Are there better picks to represent these groups? Are there any large target-types I'm overlooking?

I am impressed by the amount of effort that went into this. I think the debate is stupid, but I applaud your contribution to the discussion.

I'll have 20 once my newest kit purchases arrive in the mail, and I kind of want MOAR

Shooting math for the lazy among you:

Standard Deployment:
813 lasgun shots
268.2 hits
44.5 wounds
14.6 unsaved wounds

Also I just noticed an error in my image, the maximum number of models if you put them essentially base to base (in orange) has a few too many, I must have misclicked a few times at the bottom right. Still, this is all within a margin of error, but for sake of my autism we'll just knock a few off the total.

Base to Base Deployment:
940 shots
310.2 hits
51.5 wounds
16.9 unsaved wounds

So 14-15 wounds a turn once you were in range if you were to literally flood the fucking battlefield with Conscripts and fire them all at one Knight.

I suppose a Knight instead of the Baneblade? Though for this calculation it's the difference between 2W or an invuln save.

More effort has been wasted on stupid shit than ever should have, so I guess why stop now.

How should I equip my tac squads?

On the other hand...

The -1 is still applied to the BW, it just ignores it.
Which in turn would mean the passengers do still suffer from it...

yeah all of them are good a multitracker and ats on a crisis commander coldstar means he'll never really need marker lights anyways. he essentially always has them.

Should probably throw a Walker/Heavy Walker/Super Heavy Walker in there due to their stupid high wounds but generally slightly lower toughness/save.

Might I reccomend:
Sentinel
Dreadnought
Morkanaut (or Imperial Equivalent)
Stompa (or Imperial Equivalent whenever the fuck that gets released)

By replacing them with Conscripts.

can't stop laughing.

thanks for the math guys.

SOVIET NATIONAL ANTHEM INTENSIFIES
youtube.com/watch?v=1rAN-fIcco8

The plastic possessed have some winged backpacks that look super cool, use one of those.

Good call, will add those.

What's the most useful output of this? Average wounds per turn of shooting? Average models killed per turn/number of turns to kill a model? I figure I'll be doing fire calculations with max unit sizes.

/tg gets shit done

As in, this is something utter shit, but it got done anyway for the lulz

>with enough Conscripts you can kill a Knight in 2 turns

8th Edition confirmed for Best Edition.

Sorry I am of course meaning space marine tac squads

From what I've seen, Basilisks are the new IG rape machines. S:9, AP:-2, roll 2d6 and take the highest for number of shots, and D3 for wounds. You can also squadron them into threes into one slot.

A friend of mine has engineered an entire strike team of Farsight, a Riptide, and 3 Crisis suits just to take them out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i love this board

What do you guys think is the best kit for a Deff Dread? stock big shootas seem ok for point pinching, but double scorchas might be the go to again. Double scorcha maths out to be more wounds than two more klaws right? Double mega-blasta with a mek to help repair might be stupid enough to accomplish something.

For alot less points you can take alot more Mortars.

A commander might be best off with moar gunz

>Double mega-blasta with a mek to help repair might be stupid enough to accomplish something.

BS2 means it overheats nearly as often as it hits.

That's what the mek would be for.

Weapons that don't hit are a waste of points.
Big Shootas are free, go for it.
Skorchas hit automatically, best choice.
Klaws hit well in combat, but no shooting, so go for it but not best choice.
Everything else is bad.
Mega Blastas overheat and kill your Dread, worst choice.

Better of with a Mek Gun battery doing their job properly and a Dredd doing it's job properly.

Stop muckin' about ya git.

So how do we feel about basic cultists for CSM?

That mek gun thing did occur to me after typing that, but I did acknowledge it was a dumb idea to begin with. Best let the Dread get stuck in a do its thing.