Tyranids 8th edition

Warriors - how the fuck should I build them edition

Best quality Nids Index so far
>mega.nz/#!u4VASSDR!AOLk2_SlJdKXq0B1B4uKXlnUt6pUYVUljcUrKuE_XtQ
Core rules and other leaks
>mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
Updated (for Nids) list builder
>webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

First for So how Y'all building your monstrous rending claws?

I'm still for "my flyrant has a cannon and MRCs" user pics

I'm still waiting for*

the old warriors from 3rd edition shared sprue with carnifex and hive tyrant for big weapons and big claws, the rending claws on those are bigger than the current ones.

I really want to get a bunch of basic warriors with double rending claws and spam them for 20 points each, but it feels like there isn't a very cheap way to do that dollar-wise

buy bits from ebay

Also why the shit would you buy double rending claws

I derped. Meant Scything Talons

>Warriors - how the fuck should I build them edition
whatever the fuck you think looks cool and varied.

but most than anything else there must be one with a pair of boneswords remding claws and an autistic screeching pose.

speaking seriously though, I'm starting to wonder if mini swarmlords would work, with a total of 5 attacks each at ap-2

You don't get bonus attacks for having two pairs of boneswords.

Why does the Mawloc only have regular gaunt/warrior scything talons. The Trygon has the largest class of "Massive Scything Talons" but even the Mawlocs smaller ones are bigger than the ones the hive tyrant and fex have. It should really be three pairs of Monsterous Scything talons, which would give it back it's AP-3.

Because then it would cost 34 more points minimum

why not?
>a model armed with X can make 1 additional attack with X during the fight phase
if the model has 2 X each if them triggers the ability separately

even the swarmlord has its attack characteristic counted as if each pair gave 1 attack compared to a normal tyrant.

>but even the Mawlocs smaller ones are bigger than the ones the hive tyrant and fex have.
not really, they are thicker, but are definitely smaller.

I think the idea was to emphasise how the mawloc is a boring one trick pony.

The bigger obstacle to your plan is that none of the warrior variants can take more than one set of any of the melee biomorphs other than scything talons, as far as I can tell.

Does swapping from a Devourer to Scything Talons prevent these new Scything Talon from being swapped for a Basic Melee Bio-Morph?

Well, they can trade their scything talons for melee bioweapons, and their devourers for basic bioweapons...and the basic bioweapons list includes scything talons. Not sure if it's intended if you can then swap those free basic scything talons for melee bioweapons or not.

...It's possible you're technically right, but if that was intended they would have just let you swap the devourer for a melee bio-morph without the shenanigans, so that might get annihilated by an upcoming FAQ or something.

>any model can replace its devourer with a basic biomorph
>any model can replace its scytalons with a melee biomorph

>replace devourer with basic biomorph: scytalons
>replace new pair of scytalons with new melee biomorph

you think this is not intended?

I mean, the same thing happened for deathwatch and the bolter+shotgun combo

genestealers kit come with small scything talons

Because you only get to use one weapon in the fight phase. You get exactly 1 bonus attack.

Wrong boyo, read your rulebook.

>Because you only get to use one weapon in the fight phase.