How it's your superhero campaign going?

How it's your superhero campaign going?

What's the best system to play a superhero based campaing?

What are some cool ideas for characters/NPCs?

Do you prefer fantasy or real lands? Past or future?

What do you use as inspiration?

It was going pretty good until..
>Frost Queen and Remix players had to actually show up to work
>Frank Sertechio: Ghost Cop's player got depression and stopped coming
>Sentinel's player changed colleges
>The Enigma's player dropped out
>The semester ended

Mutants and Masterminds 3e.

My own homebrew comicbook universe, based on the idea of competing hero organizations, sort of DC meets one-punch-man.
I would just come up with ideas based on what I would want to see in a comic book and kinds of stories would grab my players.

real, current

old superman and justice league comics.

It's just beginning

Mutants and Masterminds 3E
My nubian

A guy who can paint stuff and then pull the paintings out to become reality (summoned creatures/created items/teleportation through paintings)

Real lands sprinkled with fantasy lands, definitely the present/near future.

Lots of things. Anything, really. Inspiration can strike at any time, be ready to take notes

Honestly images posted on Veeky Forums are a massive source of inspiration

This kinda shit is why I always went over chargen with my players.

You have to go over your players' character in detail. This is M&M, you just have to.

It's strange that the guy never described his character using a stun gun. Sounds fake, honestly.

WHO WANTS TO HEAR THE STORY OF THE STUPIDEST CHARGEN I EVER ALLOWED?

...continue

imaeg

This is the story of Remix, the bastard alien son of Gary Busey.
Yes, I am >me and fat friend, now to be referred to as FF, are having a slow day in biopsychology.
>browsing /co/, as you do
inb4 "why not Veeky Forums?
>find a "what's your superpower" thread
>hit random article on wikipedia, that's your superpower.
>FF thinks this is the greatest thing ever, after he gets rubidium and I get obscure German tax laws
>remind him that his chargen is due by friday's game
>I see the light in his eyes and unfortunately, did not take the time to slap it out
>throughout the week, he keeps asking me about how flexible the creation power is
>one of the few people I know who liked green lantern, so I figure he's doing that
>friday
>I'm going over the character sheets
>'ok, ice dragon pretending to be human, former UN soldier with physics powers, ghost cop, acrobat, good so far'
>the fuck is this
>FF has randomized his fucking powers.
>whatever he manifests is based on the result of the random article button
>I look at the name
>Glarkna Busey
>I look at FF
>shiteatinggrin.jpg
>'Its gary busey's alien son! his powers are based off of whatever pops into his head'
>can't fit my hands around his fat fucking neck so I decide to compromise.
>magnitude of the powers will be based on the result of a d100 roll I make secretly.
>He's fine with it.
>4 sessions later, he's bored with the character and wants to reroll
>MFW

just started a Mutants & Masterminds game, with the setting being the real world, 2016, and metahumans are relatively new. Our team is a US government team and sort of the black ops to the colorfully costumed guys they're also training, the GM is ex military himself so he really knows his shit and lends a great sense of structure to the setting.
Me: Spookshow: Ex CIA who gained shapeshifting and can make bladed weapons out of his limbs but his natural form is frighteningly mutated (thinks slenderman) and might be slowly going insane.
Red Mage: our leader, army intelligence officer who found a powerful magic book, basically Dr Strange with a military background.
Cosmo: Our flying brick, saw "Cosmic Power" and said I WANT ALL OF THAT. His character is Green Beret who.. um yeah i'll get back to you how he got powers and shit, took us three games before he picked a code name, just taking the one we gave him as a joke. He's a fucking damage machine but he's useless at anything else. Player is a good guy but a first class power gamer who always tries to solve every problem almost sociopathic brute force ie "oh we need to get this guy to come with us? I punch him in the head and toss him over my shoulder"
The Wall: Fuck were to start. The player doesn't get superhero games so he just made a skill monkey but then tried to also make him a mech suit hero. he has batmanshit insane scores in hacking, robotics, and "DARK WEB" so half of every game is him "i want to internet that!" for every problem, the only power he spent any real points on is superflight because and i quote "we need a way to run away if things get hot" So in combat he's useless
He also doesn't seem to get why our characters resent his for being a civilian and an asshole always telling the three guys highly trained agents how they should do stuff and trying to get my guy to shapeshift into hot chicks.

Well the game was made by "Super Unicorn" so...

It was over before it even began. It's probably better this way:
>Scheduling conflicts
>a rather jaded longtime D'nDer who hated learning the system I wanted to use (M&M)
>Being overly ambitious with my very first campaign

I wanted to run a Golden Age "Mystery Men" story that'd involve the heroes protecting the homefront after the US joins WW2.

Last supercharacter I played was johnny royale, professional rich asshole with golden knuckles.
His origin story is basically yakuza 0's level up system, but more primitive.

I'm picturing your character as Ric Flair and I love it

>How it's your superhero campaign going?
Mine was going great until two of the players had their work schedule change and the game sort of disbanded.

>Sounds fake, honestly.
Online games are often full of retards.

It doesn't help that the medium makes it harder to notice nuances like this.

You're probably correct, though.

>How it's your superhero campaign going?
On a halt. Just thinking about ideas when the campaing gets going.

>What's the best system to play a superhero based campaing?
We're playing Mutants 2nd edition with some stuff being taking from 3rd edition

>What are some cool ideas for characters/NPCs?
You can do no wrong with a ninja cyborg, since most powers and setbacks can have justifications in technology

>Do you prefer fantasy or real lands? Past or future?
Right now I'm GMing a state-city that it's a mix between Hong Kong and North Korea. Very futuristic technology available, but the way of life is not that altered by it besides flying cars and cool weapons since lol no money and no private incentive.

Also, the city is under siege by an alien horde that already took half of the world. But people get by and move on because what else is there to do.

And the superheroes are part of a paramilitary organization fighting the oppresive leader, the scumbag criminals and the deadly aliens. But since they come from different backgrounds, everyone has reasons to act for the people of the city.

>What do you use as inspiration?
Batman Beyond, Metal Gear Rising, Metro, Contra, Escape From New York. For a moment thought of running this with Shadowrun, but I really wanted over the top action with superpowers.

Also, I just try to do over the top evil shit. Kidnap doggos, put bombs in orphanages, sabotage benefical events, whatever.

>>a rather jaded longtime D'nDer who hated learning the system I wanted to use (M&M)
But MnM is basically DnD with powers and more cool shit. They don't even have the excuse of not having classes since there are archetipes everywhere.

Non-existent because the gaming community in my small rural/Rust Belt hometown can't into anything except D&D/PF, WoD, or CCGs. Which is a shame, because I've had an idea for a baseball-themed superhero (named Slugger) in my head for a while. No straight-up superpowers, just a selection of trick bats (or a tire thumper if he needs something discreet), a good pitching/catching arm, and fast running.

>captcha: SALINAS POLEFIELD
Baseball, not softball. Although that would make for a good spinoff character.

He disliked the rulebook and found chargen to be vague and poorly explained. He even suggested I just use DnD to run the campaign. I don't remember his issue with the provided archetypes but he had one. If it wasn't clear before, I've never GM'd a game before and frankly I was intimidated to since two of the players have played and ran campaigns for years.

I'll run it someday.

Sauce?