Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chad marines can't get into beta spartan tanks edition

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/new-warhammer-40000-transports-may21gw-homepage-post-4/
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/07/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-harlequins-june6/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Vostroyans

Opinions on landraiders in the new edition? They look great and I like the idea of having a hard to kill list.

Vostroyans really do have the best aesthetic for guard in the 40k setting. Old but futuristic looking at the same time. Makes cadians look way out of place.

Hey I created my first Night Lords Themed List what do you guys think. I don't know if I have enough antitank I was thinking about replacing the havocs with some predators.

cadians need:
mirrorshade visors on their helmets
short sleeves
armored gloves

and they'll be fine

With the change to blast and flamers what's the most efficient way to deal with mobs?

I'm guessing just large flamer units right?

>The new IB means that Tyranids without Synapse play themselves
>Tyranids are literally an NPC army now

I think the best way to deal with mobs is chainswords assault looks so good, because you double your wounds against mobs with the morale system.

How are scions in 8th? Did they get any noticeable buffs? Are they finally viable as a full army?

daily reminder this edition wasnt playtested

to get this orange what color should i use? a base of averland sunset and then?

11th for reminder tourney fags can't into writing decent faction focus articles.

>Mirror shades
Definitely

>short sleeves
Maybe

>Armored gloves
What?

I think they've got too much of that generic-modern-looking-light-infantry aesthetic that would be at home from now until whenever. Vostroyan and Krieg have great aesthetics in that they look old but sci-fi but wwi but not all at the same time. They perfectly fit the ethos of 40k.

I like Mordian and Scintillan more, but still among the tops.

They're very good. Taurox prime and valkyries are quite good.

The Idea with the List is to deepstrike the termies, and raptors in so that they can rapid fire with their plasma, and combi-plas. Then the sorcs cast warpspeed on the deepstriking units to move them and get turn 1 assaults. The helldrakes are beasts because they can move 30 fire the flamer then assault with s7. The only problem I see is that there is not enough anti tank so I don't know if the list could deal with a Knight.

That's not how it works. They can move, shoot, charge after disembarking.

Please, just ignore him.

>Range is a factor in Overwatch meaning that if you charge a unit that has a flamer (8" range) from a distance of more than 8" that flamer can not hit you.

>The aggressor has the choice of taking those flamer hits on the charge or charging from further away and rolling higher.

>Ork's "'Ere We Go" rule allows them to re-roll failed charge rolls meaning that Ork hoards have a better chance of charging from a distance of greater than 8".

>As backup can spend 1 Command Point to re-roll a die just in case you don't make the charge.

Where's yer Emprah, now?

Transport ejects troops before it moves, transport can get closer to enemies, transport gets into combat when they don't. Not hard to understand.

Question: Is anyone else here gonna be picking up the rulebook? Or is there gonna be a app loke AoS, with all the basic rules?

You cannot reroll a reroll

>Rerolling a die twice

This is more an argument for why flyers shouldn't be in a 28mm game.

I've ordered it for my library but I don't plan on ever playing 8th ed.

>reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Scintillan are great, wish they had models. Same goes for Geno 5-2 Chilliad.

Again that old but sci-fi with traditional but not appearance all at the same time.

I recall how in 4th edition the obliterators would have required a leadership check to shoot anything at all past the first guardsmen that wasn't a tank

I miss my 4e nids

Right, but it doesn't account for what else the infantry can do. Not hard to understand.

Imagine if we still had that rule.

>roll two dice for charge distance
>x and y
>re-roll x with 'Ere We Go
>re-roll y with Command Point
>grow your charge distance by up to 10" with this one weird trick.gif

...I kinda miss Fabius Bile btfoing titans.
Oh well, maybe I'll like the next shitpost meme better.

I agree that vostroyans are the breathing image of what I consider 40k human infantry but I think there's room for cadians too

The plastic kit is unbelievably out of date but forgeworld cadians look really cool

>By orders of Lord Guilliman, Ultramarine chapters have been issues containment spheres manufactured by Cawl
>Tyranid can be contained within them compactly as well as having their mind altered to follow their captor's orders
>Ultramarines use these new Tyranids to combat other tyranid and capture them or simply acquire biomass and improve them
>By the Emperor's will all of them must be captured

>Did they get any noticeable buffs?
commander gets two orders if he has his pimp stick
volley guns are a flat four shots
taurox gatling bumped up to 20 shots
10-man scion squads get four special weapons

not a bad haul, all considered

You're missing the whole point of the issue... and that's sad.

'Ere we go rerolls both dice not just one anymore and only on a failed roll.

You mean these guys?

>After losing the 3rd Tyrannic war, the Hivemind reeled from a mixture of outrage at the victory of lesser species, the loss of so much biomass, and the rapid influx of new knowledge.
>However, a strange mixture of the genetic data stolen from Ultramarine Geneseed and a sliver of intellect thrown off by the Hivemind created something entirely new; Hivefleet Ultramar.

And thus, the Ultramarine's biggest fangirls were born.

Interested as well

The command squads have entirely resin casts and are made in the same scale as kriegers, so they look really good; the company commander especially

There's just something about a gas mask, peaked hat, cape, power fist and haughty power stance that looks great

Top zozzle

Yeah, I think they look awesome too. I am noticing a trend here though, the best Guard models (Krieg/Vostroyans/Elysians/Those Cadians) all have gas masks. Anyone else just think gas masks always look badass?

I'll never get tired of seeing the guy in this trying to club a blueberry with his rifle

Scions are arguably the best/most efficient troop in 8e and Taurox Primes are IG's most efficient vehicle. Scion + Taurox Primes as the center of an army with some conscript screens + mortars + something fluffy/fun will be very competitive.

yes

The playtesters were smart enough to not charge their transports into CC where they become basically useless.

GW actively encourages doing this, and have stated that the playtesters are the ones who think this is a good idea.

Averland washed with fuegan id say

8th haters plz go and stay go.

7th sucked, we are glad it is gone.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/new-warhammer-40000-transports-may21gw-homepage-post-4/

One tactic we’ve seen used to good effect already is to then use the Transport to charge in alongside the unit into combat!

We’ve seen already that vehicles can charge and fight in melee like all other models, and while they might not be the kings of close combat, they are generally pretty durable and can soak up the firepower of enemy units in overwatch before their potentially more fragile passengers make it in.

Just because 7th sucked doesn't mean something worse had to take it's place. What's stopping them just saying "you know what let's just go back to 5th ed".

There was a picture of a crimson fist primaris marine at warhammer fest. Does anyone have a link to a picture of it?
Trying my best to find it again but no such luck. It's had a great colour scheme and base I want to try and emulate.

Guard will finally be played like they're on the Ostfront

I'm guessing, but I think it might be flash gitz yellow with a white or near-white (dorn yellow maybe) edge followed by a glaze of reikland flesh shade or something. Maybe a yellow glaze as well.

8th isn't worse. It's better by far. Fucking quit if it's such a problem for you.

Once the infantry is in cherga distance, the transport has fulfilled its duty. So it can do just one more thing: absorb the overwatch fire in stead of the infantry.
Once its has done this, the infantry can charge without fear of the returning fire, as the target unit is already engaged with the transport.

So, yes, it can be a good idea.

best nids list, tell me why otherwise

>if you dont like the new rules STOP PLAYING MY GAME YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY MY GAME ANYMORE REEEEEEEEEEE

where did these people come from Veeky Forums

...wat

>not taking 500 termagaunts

Except the infantry has to get out of the transport before the transport moves, so the transport is in a much better position to charge, and completely defeats the point of a transport, which is supposed to take units closer to the enemy.

It's not that you don't get to complain, you can do it all you want but you must realize it will accomplish nothing. GW doesn't care about you, they want fresh blood.
The reaction to 8th has been overwhelmingly positive.

Deathwatch Kill Team 400
Veteran x4
+ Frag cannon x2
+ Heavy thunder hammer x1
+ Storm shield x1
+ Plasma pistol x1
Sergeant x1
+ Storm Shield
+ Power fist
Terminator x1
+ Heavy flamer x1
+ Power fist w/ meltagun x1
Biker x1
+ Power axe x1
Vanguard Vet x1
+ Inferno pistol x1
+ Plasma pistol x1

And it's without counting the Watch Master for the To Hit reroll

best nids list within reason*

flamers automatically hit flyers because there's nothing to say a flamer weapon can't target a flyer, so they have no penalty to hit flyers, you know fucking planes, with flamethrowers

Opinions on Predators? I think my list could use some fire support, are they a good option?

God, making a Deathwatch kill team is pricy. Is it worthy in your opinion ? I wanted to add it to my army to get some vehicle/monster hunting capability.

What does a Screamer-Killer sound like?

>The reaction to 8th has been overwhelmingly positive.
GW Social Media employee detected.

Why would you not move the disembarked unit? WHY!?!?!?

lol yeah, I'm totally a GW employee.

:P

>WAAAAAH WAAAAH SHILL SHILL
kys

>i'm actually thinking about getting a CSM SC! Index bundle

I don't NEED the bodies, but having a proper Hellbrute and an extra termi lord/sorc would be nice. Plus, the bodies would let me go to a 20man melee blob since the HH boxes can only be used as bolter guys.

Having a physical index for one of my three armies would be nice, too I guess, even though it doesn't actually save me any money. WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE THE URGE TO BUY MORE SHIT?

So I'm a GW employee, also? Where is my money?

It generally has but this is less to 8th being a masterpiece than it is that 7th was a fucking disaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk

Truly terrifying.

>ANYONE WHO LIKES GW IS A GW EMPLOYEE

So whats the new 1850 format?

Quad lascannon preds are optimized as fuck tank and monster killers

Autocannon heavy bolter preds are pretty good and versatile

>8th edition
>Worse than 7th
You still mad about needing to sell your tourney list army?

>The reaction to 8th has been overwhelmingly positive.
pretty sure this is a direct quote from the GW responding to bad PR manual

University students screeching.

Mostly because the salty tourney faggots are busy bitching in their containment forums and shitposting for ad revenue.

warhammer-community.com/2017/06/07/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-harlequins-june6/

>REEEEEE DONT CRITICIZE GW

absolute Shillary

how much are they paying you user

>overwhelmingly positive

welcome to Veeky Forums how are you enjoying your first day

Veeky Forums doesn't speak for the 40k community at large, it's actually really small compared to the number of people who play 40k.