Warhammer 40,00 General /40kg/

Cheetah Shitposting only edition

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-uV72pQKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Removed their mobility, Haywire weapons, Feel No Pain and Transonic is now just not!Rending with less attacks than previously. Way cheaper, though, 20ppm. I haven't seen them used yet, though. I guess they can toss them down the throats of Termies and hope, but they just seem like worse Seekers really. At least the domeheads kept their niche.

>orks
>melee race

If I squirted a log of shit directly on to the wargaming table, what units could it proxy as?

Nazi Tiger Tank

Grey Knights or Khorne Daemons?

Yeah but on the other hand I've beaten a Gladius detachment on points by battering them into a corner and gaining board control.

Riptide

You answered yourself

>muh sisters are returning, i swear!
>soft-squatted into imperial agents
SoBcucks btfo lmao

>coldstar commander can move 40" and still hit you on 3+ with her assault weapons
Yeah, Tau were """"""""""nerfed""""''"""" alright.

Literally any Aeldari unit

It's almost as if they've made the game to be played in multiple ways, where no one strategy can net you a win every time (with some exceptions)

Wait, really? I built one after recieving 2 commanders as gifts, but never bothered learning flyer rules well enough in 7th to use it. I'm glad it will be easily playable and a solid choice

>can't even kill a Knight on a charge

lmao

>Literally any Aeldari unit
>any Aeldari unit
>any Aeldari
>Aeldari
top kek

Coldstream says it can add 20" to its move in an advance instead of d6.
Base move is 20" and all the weapons are assault and has bs 2+.

What are you thinking about playing 8th with subfaction (chapters, legions, etc) from 7th?

You've made a huge mistake.

Khorne Daemon Engines.

Run a superheavy detachment of a Khornate Imperial Knight, a brass scorpion and a Kytan or Lord of Skulls.

Fill in spare points with a Warpsmith and however many Maulerfiends, Forgefiends, blood slaughterers and decimators you can afford.

I plan on building a legion of robot crabs.

I am unable to download the mega, so I shall ask if anyone has the dunecrawler rules/ad mech point page handy.

If my hopes are correct, it should be somewhat viable (that is to say, annoying) without adding to much in the way of infantry.

Did you know that Craftwordlers are called Asuryani now?

Beep Boop, comrade.
Here are the points. Robot Crab Legion actually looks pretty damn good when well supported, although I suspect you'll want a sniper team or two and some horde-clearer Vanguard or something.

Does a terminus ultra's base points include it's Lascannons?

They're called panzy. End of story.

Commander Spam is looking viable, true.

>Asuryani
You have to be lying.

I guess the other thing is you will need 1 HQ unit to run the spearhead detachment, but you can probably model a techpriest onto some sort of crabby ambulatory unit to keep up the theme.

>Aeldari
>Asuryani
>Adarki Dhrukari
>Aelves
>AELVES
why is life so amazing? ROFLMAO

you said it yourself!

Does anyone know model of Gundam it is and whether its figure exists, comparable in size with Renegade Knight?

Are Ethereals more pointless now than they were last edition? Probably not since they don't give up an extra victory point now, but now instead of having 1 worthwhile invocation they have 0

you guys know there's already a 40k thread right

Makes some sense to name the most conservative Eldar faction after the head god.

>No link was given in last thread
>Not Cheetah Shitposting
#notmy40kg

What about these two?

>they fell for the shitposting thread

I want this red skull-head with shield-sword or something similiar

Sinanju, yes, and it's twice the size of a knight and half as stable.

Oh I see, I misread your earlier question.

The unit in question in your image is called the "Sinanju", from Unicorn Gundam.

There is indeed a model for it, but I'm not sure if it's roughly Knight sized.

It might be though given the Mobile Armor it connects with is actually larger than a Titan on the table.

Anything deathguard

Thanks.
Models of what scale will fit the size of the imperial knight? And what badass mechs you know for this proxy?

So what kind of units could Epyon or Nu Gundam proxy?

I don't care what these fags say. I've always loved you, cheetanon.

Bleep bloop brothers.

>I guess the other thing is you will need 1 HQ unit to run the spearhead detachment, but you can probably model a techpriest onto some sort of crabby ambulatory unit to keep up the theme.
The tech priest is basically a crab anyway. Bunch of mechanical feet and all.

I don't mind detracting from the theme a little, since I accept I am going to need to use the occasional unit of rangers/vanguard and infiltrators.

Although looking at those weapon profiles, this might just be stupid enough to work.

what army do redditors play?

Anything aeldari

>Tfw Imps are the gundam proxiers and not tau

Like you didnt ever seen robots in chaos or imperium armies

>Tau get shit on for years for being weebs
>Imperial just casually decide to start proxying shitty looking gundams

Just another example of the gue'la appropriating Blue culture. What next, you gonna drop the screamo metal for Asian surf guitar and call each other shas'la?

Man used robots as weapon before tau evolved to today's shit.

>Hipster weebs

ok im back to theoryhammer with a slaanesh/emperors children list

>HQ
Lucius the Eternal - 115Pts
Herald of Slaanesh - 66Pts

>Troops
Noise Marines x10 - x8 Sonic Blasters, x2 Blastmasaters - 248Pts
Chaos Rhino - Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher - 83pts
Daemonettes x10 - Instrument of chaos x1, Daemonic Icon x1 - 125Pts
Daemonettes x10 - Instrument of chaos x1, Daemonic Icon x1 - 125Pts

>Elites
Spawn x3 - 99Pts
Hellbrute - Twin lascannon, Hellbrute Fist /w Heavy flamer - 139Pts
1000pts/1000pts

Idea behind it is daemons pushing up one side with the herald, trying to cut through whatever is in their path with S5 thanks to herald (attacking first in combat). other side is the emperors children with lucius guarded by spawn and they get buffed by lucius since they are both the same legion, noise marines in rhino with covering fire or can charge into combat with kamikaze tactics if needed. hellbrute standing somewhere looking awesome.

thoughts on it? other than shit conscripts meme, making a list helps me buy things

Personally I'd swap the spawn out for seekers, (especially with a slaanesh theme,) but that's just me.

i kekd

leave us alone you mean user ;_;

yeah i see that, other than that u think list is ok for casual games?

Yeah, looks okay to me. You may find you need the noise marines out of the rhino so the blastmasters can provide extra antitank, but you'll work out what's best actually playing games.

What points limit do you think will be most common in 8th edition?

yeah i was thinking that, dont know if a rhino will be the best thing for noise marines, might take it out for somthing else, maybe another brute or antitank, thanks for the helpful input

>If I keep posting that 8th edition sucks, people will start to believe it's true!

Genuine question: if you do think that 7th was better than 8th, what army did you play? And be honest you bunch of fucking liars.

What does everyone think of the Inquisition in 8th?

What's a fun and fluffy addition to a Plague Marine army that already has marines, termies, plaguebearers and cultists out the wazoo?

Cool-as-fuck models, sucks they're relegated to 30k (and have shitty rules). Any 40k units they could convincingly count-as so I can justify buying a couple?

PunchStelans? About right, anyway. Repulsor Shields FTW.

Daemon Prince of Iron Warriors?

How about some flying stuff, either plague drones or the new blight drone? Might add some handy mobility to the force as everything you listed is relatively slow.

saw some guy use it as his demon prince count as for his iron warriors, he just added some kind of a jetpack as his wings

jobbing to grey knights

I'm starting an Ad Mech army anyone know how they are doing in 8th?

ebin jej

Checking out 8th after being out of the loop for 4-5 years and I've got a potentially dumb question.

If I'm understanding the detachment system right, if I play the Spearhead Detachment for example, there's no minimum for Troops, only Heavies. Am I missing something, or is there nothing stopping me from playing a full Battle-Forged army with nothing but tanks and an HQ? Or a space marine army entirely made up of terminators?

2000pts

I wonder if the morty mini will have a pop-out heart for opponent GKs to write things on

>HQ
1x Sammael
183 points

1x Captain
[Combi-Plasma, Power Sword]
93 Points

1x Librarian
[Force Sword]
97 Points

>Elite
2x Deathwing Terminator Squads
[5 Models, 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Power Sword, 1 Chainfist]

245 Points Each
>FA
2 Ravenwing Bike Squads

[3 Models, 3 Twin Boltguns, 3 Chainswords]
102 Points Each

>Troops
2x Tactical Marine Squads
[1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Plasma Cannon]
148 Points Each

1x Scout Squad

[5 Models, 4 Sniper Rifles, 1 Cyclone Missle Launcher]
150 Points

1463/1500, Any ideas? For 1000pts I'd drop Sammael and the Bikes and run my Chainfists as powerfists.

You've got it right.

The detachments are supposed to be varied enough that all previous possible armies are legal now.
This needs to include things like deathwing, tank companies, biker lists, etc.

CHAPTER TACTICS WHEN

RIGHT AFTER LEGION, SEPTS AND OTHER SHIT

Well shit. I've always had a boner for gimmick armies and I am officially rock hard right now.

I'm torn, but mostly disappointed. All the Inquisitor characters got worse, no more Inquisitor warband fun, and over all just less interesting options. They took all the flavor from units across the board, but especially took it from the Inquisition. Inquisitors have really boring options.

On the other hand, Terrify is a great power, and Acolytes having 3 wounds makes them a pretty great unit. Thinking of taking an Inquisitor with that power, some melee Acolytes and some gun Acolytes, 2 squads, loading them up into a Chimera or Taurox Prime and having fun with them.

NO PLS

YES PLS

youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-uV72pQKI

If you don't want to rely on markerlight drones they are a decent alternative for a stationary group

Yep, go for it. Great, huh.

are they going to be releasing the rules for free in pdf format like in sigmar for 8th edition?
i love the idea of just downloading my rules and printing them and putting them in a handy binder that i can bring anywhere i go and add to it for free

I haven't gotten to play 8th yet, but doing some quick math, and just thinking through how games will play out: What beats green tide? Like, 300 orcs with 2 hqs and a few power claws - green tide. Because I'm having trouble figuring out anything.

300 Nids.

Guy I know is really bummed about Nurgle Death Guard. Any way to reassure him that they are pretty solid this edition?

karamazov is 50p cheaper, got invuln now

The Core rules. Not all the matched play and mission stuff.

Does it? Cause the nids are wounding on 5s, the orcs on 3s. Orcs are hitting on 3s, nids on 4s. Orcs have more attacks... I don't think 300 nids beats 300 orcs. And both are fearless, so that's no help on either side.

Kicked the shit out of supermarines.

But he lost his meme beam.

>green tide (300 boyz)
>penal tide (300 conscripts)
>fire tide (300 brimstone horrors)
>gaunt tide (300 gaunts)
>tide of living metal (150 canoptek scarab bases)
>foul tide (150 nurgling bases)
Anything else?

This. Also looking at him again he does seem to be pretty decent. Dread Reputation is pretty comfy. I gotta build him and have some fun.

uruk-thaid (tens of thousands)

Cultist tide? I suppose you could do it, though it'd be kind of shit and not as point efficient.