Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_RPUPo6Mtc
youtube.com/watch?v=pI9Z07xmFMs
youtube.com/watch?v=QuYrvnHZU68
youtube.com/watch?v=X6PIpD2BVXI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you should have linked the old thread and this one together

>shoutout to the user who dumped like 100 pages of tokusatsu villains
thanks, now for me to continue with 1989's Kousoku Sentai Turboranger, and it's villains the Hundred Boma Tribes

youtube.com/watch?v=B_RPUPo6Mtc

this wraps up Turboranger, I'll be taking a short break then continuing with the next series

Are these the new Pokémon

I actually liked some of these, thei're weird but cool.

Bless you, these things are rad.

nah, theyre just creatures some dude online made

now time for 1990's Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman and it's villains the Galactic Empire Zone

youtube.com/watch?v=pI9Z07xmFMs

thanks

I need some creatures that look like they'd belong in a post-apoc/Fallout style campaign.

this finishes up Fiveman, I'll continue with the next series shortly

Since there's a lot of cartoony monsters, I guess I'll contribute with some.

You are the coolest fucking guy ever. You've totally opened my eyes to a new artform, thanks man; I totally want to buy this book for my shelf of arty crap

now for 1991's Choujin Sentai Jetman, and it's villains the Shadow Dimension War Party Vyram, Jetman is one of the most popular Sentai of all time for a lot of reasons

youtube.com/watch?v=QuYrvnHZU68

>You are the coolest fucking guy ever. You've totally opened my eyes to a new artform, thanks man; I totally want to buy this book for my shelf of arty crap
thanks, I will warn you though that the book these are from, the two part Super Sentai Monster History books are both relatively rare and really expensive because despite only being published in 2012 they had a very short print run

also this is another series with a theme by Hironobu Kageyama

this is also around the time that Sentai monster designs start getting a little more silly again

Holy christ, you're not joking. I guess I'll have to ring binder this one. The oversized print is so pretty.

You're a saint

it's a little better on Amazon and Ebay, albeit still pretty expensive(still going to be in the 120 to 200 dollar price range per book), so while I still intend on getting a proper edition of this book some day, I'll probably in the meantime also print out my own copy on the cheap

of course while I did say they get a bit sillier in design, in some ways it makes them even creepier

also if you're just jumping in, check out the previous two theads for the other sentai series I've been dumping

This stuff is like costume design to the max. I've only watched the first season of Kamen Rider (never grew up with power rangers).

I'm interested in the 80's designs. Is it worth getting into these shows nowadays? I mostly want to see these costumes materialized on screen

I'd say Super Sentai is definitely worth getting into, Shout Factory(who's been releasing the Sentai Seasons that have been adapted for Power Rangers) currently has two of them(Zyuranger and Dairanger) available for free streaming, and the physical sets are a good value

I'll be back shortly

I'm back

this wraps up Jetman, I'll continue shortly with the next series

I now understand where digimon got most of its ideas.

How do the power rangers do it? They have been creating monster for decades and still haven't run out of design ideas.

Got a PDF or rar with the images around?

time for 1992's Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, better known as being the basis for the first season of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, and it's villains the Bandora Gang, led by Witch Bandora, and composed of her Dora Monsters

youtube.com/watch?v=X6PIpD2BVXI

well it helps that they keep changing around the design staff, so even repeated themes are often quite different from each other in the implementation

check the Super Sentai General thread over on /m/, there's a MEGA link in the OP