Warhammer 40,000 General(40kg)

Thousand Conscripts is the new meta Edition

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
youtu.be/Onspoa5N6Zw
youtu.be/gyuPxJG5kFc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would most non GW stores allow proxy models for stuff like this? I don't quite need a basilisk/medusa, just the cannon for R&H.
I assume WW2 models would work in its stead?

>1000 conscripts
>only playing 3k

what are you a pleb

How tall are Custodes next to the Chads? I saw pic-related but (from the base thickness) it looks like this may just be dishonest memery.

No. Most GW stores have a 10% of the model not offical or less rule unless the thing is all scratch built.

Non gee dubs don't give a shit. A gee dub store will give a shit.

Have you considered buying recasts for cheaper?

Latest rumor I've heard lately regarding 8e lore:
Guilliman may or may not be making a dark pact with Khorne in order to drive off a certain xenos menace from a particularly infamous Imperial World...
>inb4 Emps gets so mad he straight-up SMITES Rowboat for this shit.

Its 50% actually, assuming that whats written in my local GW is the same for all other stores.

That would require me to be able to find one.

Try all4wargames they aren't underground cryptics like those faggots in China.

Excel-user's wonderful damage calculations, still in the works: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

HBC>>>>IA

Is it even worth fielding 25 CSM termies? I miscalculated last thread, it's closer to 1250 +/- 100ish points depending on gear.

we need him back

First timer here, thinking about making the jump into the hobby with the Dark Imperium box set. How balanced is it? Is it good for pick up and play? Having quite a difficult time deciding what chapter to make my marines.

I can't decide between Staffs or Halberds for Paladins and Brother-Captains/Grand Masters.

+1S AP-2 or +2S AP-1 +1Invuln?

Or MirandaIrene. They are Chinese but have a website and have some oop stuff too

does the car have flappy paddles though?

Doing the box set for work.
Everything in it is a real joy to paint. I want like 3 of these guys for inq28.

( I hate doing highlights and clean style painting.If i get some of my own i'm attacking them with a sponge and some pigment.)

Fuck him. Hes an asshole that pisses away people like zapp branigan

bring
him
bacj

If Im not mistaken the head of the numarine reaches the eyes of a custodes.

25 might be a bit much. 10-15 are worth it no problem.

does anyone have any good techs for doing torn clothing?
not like frayed at the edge but with holes in the fabric
wanting to give my guardsmen a more rugged look

>get some of my own i'm attacking them with a sponge and some pigment.

Can you give me a quick rundown of this technique?

Reminder that conscripts have barely changed since 6th and 7th and people are losing their shit over nothing

best nid list aside from pure gant spam

Thinking about fitting a harpy in there somewhere

youtu.be/Onspoa5N6Zw

>apart from pure gaunt spam
glad youre learning

>"keep shooting!"- all conscripts units in 6" of Chenkov fire an extra shot when shooting their lasguns

Are you retarded?

The removal of template weapons is the reason why we can do dumb shit like this

My bad, it's not that one. Duncan did a tutorial on it though.

500 Termagaunts VS 500 Conscripts plus Officers?

Who wins?

>Rowboat strikes a deal with one of the very gods Big E was trying to destroy in the first place
>Big E: "DAMN IT GUILLIMAN! I DID NOT SIT ON THIS THRONE FOR 10,000 YEARS JUST FOR YOU TO COME BACK AND DESTROY EVERYTHING I BUILT!"
>Big E is so fucking pissed he tracks down Gork n' Mork inside the Warp (they ain't hard to miss) and asks them to have their greenskins beat the shit out of both Guilliman and (probably) Angron

are recasters only good for big forgeworld and oop stuff?

looking at suits on the chink site, only £5 cheaper for broadsides but supremacy is supposedly £120 cheaper?!?

you're retarded, the reason for this is all 8th ed changes

>tfw you're wondering when the fuck she had time to dye her hair
>tfw you realize it was probably all that color when she was conscripted and new hair has grown out
definitely survived long enough to have BS4+

just kill the commissars, just melee the guard to death, just shoot them with literally any weapon stronger than a lasgun lmao.

Here. At 2:54. You can also use rhinox hide instead of skavenblight without the metal coat for darker spot of grime and chipping.

youtu.be/gyuPxJG5kFc

I would love to see Gork and Mork speak to their children and summon a super Waaaagh over the simple premise that a Primarch is back so theres finally a umie worth krumpin

true scale custodes when?

No templates and removal of 2xinf and command squad tax makes them so much better.

How effective is targeted shading instead of laying it on and neatening up?
I'm sure with my edge highlighting I'm gonna have to redo the base colour, so figure there's not a lot of point shading first. However, if I slap it on after I'm likely to hit the highlighted areas as I'm awful at painting.
So, I was thinking just run the shade along the edges when I'm done.

I definitely want to try a big unit of 10 for sure. It sounds intimidating as fuck. Maybe I'll add a smaller squad to protect the sorcerer after the big one charges.

there is no army which can currently, mathematically, kill that many conscripts unless you kill the commissars

and the commissars can hide behind terrain

is it lore or is it just a meme that an ork almost choked the Emperor to death during the great crusade?

Well the guy I was replying to wanted basklisk enplacements.

I tend to buy all my shit now from recasters. That 5 pound difference adds up when building an army

If you're using a site you're usually doing it wrong. MI is the only exception I can think of.

Sure, This is how i did it on the store scenery.

Start with your preferred silver spray. (in this case leadbealcher or army painter gun metal.)
Then use model mates red rust and oil brown weathering sprays ,apply liberally on top of each other.

Then using a sponge apply your paint colour, in this case coat d arms khaki for the boiler and catwalks and rust red for the other walkways, After you apply it go over it again with a dry sponge to flatten it.

Then a silver drybrish over any pipes/edges.

ryza rust, typhus corrison and various black washes to add grime and dirt.
Throw some pigment on and give it a quick hair spray blast.
Give the walkways a once over with nuln oil, patting it on with the side of the brush to stop the model mates streaking.
Give it a quick sponging to bring out the paint colour underneath in some areas.
Fianlly do your details, bronze panels, blue screens ect ect.
Then a blast of testors dullcoat.

When do you think we'll get the Imperial Armour rulebooks leaked?

Commissars only have 6 inch range though
Furthermore, what WAACnigger is going to spend 300 dollars for 100 conscripts only and no vets or regular guardsmen?

I'd suggest doing this

i dunno but now i want to commission art of an ork warboss with the emperor in a choke hold as he's kicking his legs and reaching for his sword thats barely out of reach
>Orkamania is running wild golden 'umie

Can't I just bring a Vindicare?

>not buzzing your recruits
Shiggy diggy

hopefully never so that no-one can ever use forge worlds broken ass rules

Yeah I think 10, 5, and a Sorc is a good configuration for that reason.

Any sniper will do, you could also burn them, or melee them to death. Since they suck ass in melee, or just shoot them with like a bolter.

me, someone who isnt a fucking scrub and has been collecting guard for coming on 2 decades

It's true, but the Emperor may have just been pretending to be retarded.

I can think of one more, but they're a secret club.

Olay how do I get in contact with someone decent? The only thing I can find is some leddit that refuses to discuss it.

>tfw still shit at painting even though I've been collecting for two years.

Why can't I edge highlight

mathematically, for their points, a conscript is better in melee than a khorne bezerker

I'm just thinking snipers might be necessary this edition, or at least super helpful.

What chapter tactics work best with what we have seen from the Primaris line up? Space Sharks seems like a miss

dont forget they actually get saves against a lot more stuff now, the big downside is they aren't as easily made totally fearless and they can't get that 4+ invuln from divination or invisible from telepathy

I said purely for conscripts. Ive been playing guard for a long time too

So this shit is legit? Well as legit as you can get buying off a chinaman.

Except in the latter half of 7th forge worlds rules were more balanced and functional than GW proper, they weren't the ones who made the mess that was the Ynnari rules after all

People are going to be working the deployments carefully for those sweet, sweet command points, so I imagine there'll be more HQs than normal.

Actually the other way around, zerkers kill half the con squad in a single round of combat

MirandaIrene is decent. Tends to be better than Zanchui or CCON at least.

Yes. I bought some forgeworld hydras from them becuase they are the only ones left with them. Pm them to use paypal and not western union.

I don't get it. How do you fit 50 conscripts at once within 1" of the model? It's not like they can all fight at once. They will just tarpit the enemy.

are you the same user who said eldar forge world stuff like lynxes and hornets were balanced?

MI is one of the highest cost but highest quality chinks. They're good.

Excel-user here.

I'm wondering if I've made some error in regards to the Hammerhead. My current data seems to indicate:
-Railgun>>>>Ion Cannon
-Hammerhead is about as efficient as a HRR Broadside at hitting heavy vehicle
-Submunitions are worse than Solid Shot in all circumstances? You'd think Sub would be better versus heavy infantry, but the tiny shot-volume isn't enough to compensate for the drop in S and AP.
-Versus anything OTHER than heavy-armor, Hammerheads are super inefficient.

Anyone got a Chaos Predator they're willing to part with? GW's out of stock and ebay is failing me.

>Send in the next wave
All Conscripts regenerate D6 models at the end of the turn when within 6" of Chenkov.

Who is the very best?

Tbf, I've been collecting since i was seven and I'm a fine art student, And i fucking HATE highlighting because it's a bitch to get right.
Edge highlighting is made much easier if you use the side of your bristles, Running them along the edges you want highlighted .IF that fails, Cheat and use a pen.There's no law that says you have to use paint to colour your minis if other methods work.

That was my line of thinking, also horde armies seem to be back so I wanna quickly elimate anything that buffs morale

the fuck u think this place is?

MI is good, easy to use, and fairly cheap, especially because of free shipping. I've personally ordered weapons and shit from her twice now. Place your order on the site, then send her an email with the order number asking to pay via PayPal.

Dont forget that even with the save it's still just a 5+, they only have T3 and wond on 5 or 6 most of the time and they are certainly not fearless. I seriously think people over estimate them, i used to run this (as much as i could) back in 7th and they wold get slaughtered easily.

>there is no army which can currently, mathematically, kill that many conscripts
Equal points in boyz

At this point, I would argue Alpharius. The shit I got from him was nearly flawless, which included fiddly bits from an assault squad weapons pack.

They're a bit taller

finished Talon of Horus

jesus daddy issues christ, ADB should seek professional help

No but I do Horus Heresy which has great internal balance compared to GWs 40k

Forgot to add, their LD without a babysitter is pitiful, to the point that they need a commissar just to be semi useful

don't get me wrong they have the capacity to be a cheep scary unit, and i wouldn't be surprised if bringing 2 maxed out squads of them wasn't uncommon, but they are obviously not the "jet bike" jack of all trades unit this edition, obviously they'll need some anti armor/ big creature support which luckily the guard has in spades

>tfw shootas can probably outshoot conscripts
It also helps boyz are S and T4 with a S4 gun, but they cost 6 and have a shit save, someone mathhammer max boyz vs 50 cons + commissar

changing the toughness and AV rules was a great choice.
so much bullshit was caused by invulnerable vehicles

All4wargames. Their shit is often mistaken for resells.

custodes base is taller.

gonna have to wait until they resize custodes and make them a head bigger and thicker. deathguard model is wider than him ffs.

Been tinkering around with my Eldar came up with the following for a 2k list - thoughts?

Battalion
>5x Rangers
>5x Rangers
>5x Rangers
>20x Guardians - 2x Bright Lance
>3x War Walkers - 6x Missile Launchers
>Night Spinner
>Farseer Skyrunner
>Warlock Skyrunner
>Warlock

Outrider Detachment
>3x Windriders - 3x Shruiken Cannons
>6x Shining Spears
>Autarch Skyrunner - Laser Lance

Total of 7 CP.

I don't think I'd find games if I laid out 500 gants, atleast until balancing and my $400 of cannon fodder becomes worse
Depends on whether or not the termagants get devourers