Centaurs and you

How does Veeky Forums like their centaurs?
I prefer the graceful, if haughty, centaurs that act as a stand in for exaggeratedly good historical knights. Following a strict moral code of honor.

further world building questions:
How does a centaur sleep?
Are they allowed inside of inns?
What do they spend gold on?
How receptive are they to interspecies relationships?

I find centaurs in a modern setting really interesting

How would they travel long distances?
It seems like most common vehicles like buses or cars would have problems holding a horse person.

>How does Veeky Forums like their centaurs?
As close to the original myths as possible: Ugly, smelly, hairy, arrogant, drunkard brutes who like to boast about how awesome they are, get in fights, get drunk, and rape people to death with their horsecocks, roughly in that order.

They've got 4 legs for a reason!
Though I'm sure the smaller ones could fit on public transit or even an suv or van if they lied down

In cultures they have no real world reason to be in.

Generally I just like them as varied as humans are in personality, like any race. Though having odd cultural quirks does make any race more interesting and that's important.

I'm torn because on one hand I liked how Diana Wynne Jones portrayed them, on the other hand Deep Secret went a little too into the idea of cross-species relations for what's normally a kids/young adult targeted author and it creeped me out a little that no characters were bothered by it.

Or just as simple savage nomads

>a qt centaur girl riding the subway with headphones on
Why even live at this point?
They make a really good stand in for horse dependent cultures.

I like them non-playable because of everyone in this thread.

I chuckled.

Look on the bright side user, there's been no mention of h____ p____

>Centaurs hate horses so much that they went on a mass genocide and wiped them in off the face of the planet

Uh, antlers. That's a dude.

If he's got a puffy butthole, I won't hold his gender against him.

I was more speaking in general than referring to him but something something the penis makes it better.

No that's a girl (male)

How much crossover does Veeky Forums have with /d/ exactly?

I like when their colouring covers the entire body, rather than just a blatantly human torso on a horse body.

Veeky Forums crosses over with every board

I refuse to believe that. Most of Veeky Forums has never been /out/ in their lives. Never mind deadass boards like /po/

Roughly 130%

Not saying it's a hard no, but it doesn't really do anything for me and I'd rather wrangle my own demons.

>Not making your beholders out of paper

I'm more /out/ than anything else. Veeky Forums is just a thing I dabble in on occasion.

I never like shit that's evolutionary stupid. I mean I get that it's fantasy, but I never liked the "centaur" type of creature. Drider maybe

No particular preferences.

I used to backpack a lot when I was in the scouts. Most of them that aren't the Flanders types are huge nerds

>I never like shit that's evolutionary stupid
So dragons, beholders, rust monsters, minotaurs, blink dogs, warp beasts and every other creature that's made up?
Do you strictly play low-fantasy settings with only humans or near-humans?

Ignore

Bumping because reasons.

That's actually hilarious. It also sounds like the plot to a medieval ecchi anime.

maybe she just has feminine antlers ?

Along with the feminine stubble?
Boat float, I'll be in the vagina exclusivity section.

I had another character invent a macuahuitl for my character just so that she could kill one of those bastards spectacularly if they ever invaded. GM disappointed me by having them be reasonable folk that don't rape and pillage everything that stands, and while my character was brutal, she was also one of those "never hurt an innocent" types.

>How receptive are they to interspecies relationships?
Fucking a centaur is literally bestiality. When you have sex with a centaur, you're literally looking at a horses rear end with your girlfriends back 8 feet off in the distance. You pretty much have to be a degenerate animal lover to go through with it.

>he's never run a game in the woods under the stars

Look at this nerd and laugh.

>8 feet off in the distance
What the fuck kind of centaurs are you fucking

They're the same board, it's just an optical illusion.

In essense WoW night elves in an abusive relationship with uncaring, uncompromising mother nature. They want to believe that nature loves them and appreciates their worship, but nature don't care. Nature fucks everybody. And they just take it, going with the flow, and so they're never really able to progress. The holier than thou fucks.

I prefer great tank cunts built more for strength than speed. I like them being up there with other races not to FUCK with, like Orcs, Dragonborn, Loxodons and the likes.

Centaurs sleep on their side, too fucking right they're allowed in inns, or atleast an Inn might have a stable-like porch bit.
Spend their gold on armour and a shit ton of food.
Quite.

This one is defective, shoot it.

Centaurs are based on stories about the mongols passed through a continent-sized game of telephone, why change what works?

>sleep
On a comfy pile of skulls, or in a yurt

>Inns
Stories are fearfully whispered about what happens to inkeepers who try to bar them entry

>Gold
Eschew personal adornment, but larger tribes will use gold to purchase those few things they cannot take outright.

>Inter-species
Often and with little concern to the willingness of the other party.

Underrated post

A DM I used to run with back in high school had an original setting that had centaurs fucking everywhere. We ran three campaigns in that setting before I graduated and moved away and every. Single. One of them. Had centaurs as a major enemy, in one case a particular chieftain TPKing us and reappearing in the next campaign as the main villain alongside the sons he'd sired on one of our party members he captured.

Did I mention they were all fucking Mongols?

>in one case a particular chieftain TPKing us and reappearing in the next campaign as the main villain alongside the sons he'd sired on one of our party members he captured.
This is a warning sign.

That player's characters got raped by centaurs at least once a campaign in that setting. I'm pretty sure it was on purpose, because she and the DM married after we graduated.

I can only hope I find a wife that's into centaur rape.

If your centaurs aren't notorious rapists, you're doing it wrong.
In fact that's the whole point of centaurs: they've got the mind of a man, but the libido (read:dick) of a horse.
The ancient Greeks loved this kinda shit: the conflict between the rational man and the animal.

I can't really be arsed because I don't really much care about fantasy, and while I do watch my share of chinese smut cartoons I skipped Monmusu because the holstaurus wasn't in the show, or at least not a main character.

I like my centaurs in modern or shadowrun to have clothes that cover their asshole/genitals from public accidental view

>He doesn't go on daily jogs and lets his metabolism wither away.

I like mine as Titanides.

John Varley, Titan.__No, I won't describe them, just trust me in that they are more /d/ than most /d/ centaurs are.

They're certainly out there.

inspired by greek mythology, 95% are violent rapists with a drinking problem and roughly 5% are just the highest level of bro tier, like you would let them raise your child in your place kind of trustworthy.

>How does a centaur sleep?
Same as a horse
>Are they allowed inside of inns?
it's not like a simple no would stop them anyway
>what do they spend gold on?
mostly alcohol and weapons which help them to get more alcohol
I suggest you hide your women, or anything else for that matter

Concrete is a bitch to the hooves, tho.

>no I won't describe them
Please?
It can't be worse than the parasitic centaur that crops up occasionally.

You mean the undead abomination that consumes people up to their chest for use as a lure, a la angler fish?

I recognize that Trakehner

Completely dismissive of other races. No mater what any one else does or accomplishes the lowest Centaur is still better than them. A human could ascend to godhood and they will still be dismissive of him. They do what they want and other races are just tools to further their own plans and goals. They are also very quick to pick up slights and will very quickly to move to put others in their place. They often over react breaking or seriously harming the person they think slighted them. They simplest and most used method they use is a kick to the face or a sword shank. Though some centaurs are far more creative in their revenge.

>How does a centaur sleep?
I a pile of hay / a special bed. Instead of a sleeping bag they have a special pillow blanket hybrid for their upper half.

>Are they allowed inside of inns?
Yes but only because even a rumor of "disrespecting" a centaur is enough for them to burn your place down and murder/rape your family and patrons.

>What do they spend gold on?
The same thing everyone else spends gold on but they tend to only pay half the price to merchants of other races.

Some are into it but as a general rule no. They view it as bestiality. After all other races are worthless. Using them for sexual acts is fine though. There is just no love there. Its viewed as masturbation and they don't care what happens to the other race after all the other race is just a tool to them.

All Titanides appear female at first glance - breasts, long hair, and often having vibrant colors in their coats and hair. Their ears are often mistaken for flowers at a distance; they are incredibly complex structures. They have pouches like marsupials.

Upon closer inspection they are even more alien - their equine bodies possess both male and female sexual organs. More importantly, there is a sex organ - singular - in their forequarters, at the junction of human 'pelvis' and horse 'chest'. It is this organ, either male or female, that determines the gender of the Titanide. The strangeness does not stop there; they have cartilaginous skeletons, much like sharks, and it is an awful sight when one swivels their head 180 degrees for the first time, given how shockingly limber they are. They are also very muscular.

Hind-sex is casual to Titanides, and they think nothing of being either partner. Foresex, however, is extremely important, and often private (to a certain extent). Their reproductive system is as follows: foresex causes the female recipient to form a three inch wide egg that is clear. This emerges a few weeks later. This egg is infertile. It must then be transferred to a hind-sex female organ, and then must be fertilized. Either gender of Titanide can therefore bear children (which is why they all have breasts). However, this also means that it is possible to have anywhere form one to seven different parents involved in the act of making a child, and the genetics of all the parents do in fact get infused into the egg as it is transferred from one to another and fertilized. The hind-mother is the one who cares for the baby, though wet nursing is a thing.

I agree but I always amount it to a god fucking about. Just a god who gets to high on whatever it is gods get high on and going "Duuuuude... What if like a human and a horse fucked? Wouldn't that be like wild bro?" Then poof centaurs. Or a tribe of warlike humans wanted to be more efficient at war and magiced themselves as centaurs. Who can fuck up your supply lines or caravans when you carry all your shit yourself? why waste all that time learning to ride when you get use it to kill things harder?

That's the one.
Stuff like this is why God doesn't speak to us anymore.

>Paying half the price for everything
This is ridiculous unless they have political and military control of the place. Almost every merchant will refuse to sell something for half their price.

That's when the Centaur kills the merchant for daring to disagree. If your in a small town who is gonna save you? The lone guard that is half the village away?

They are 17th C. Plains Indian elves on four legs, basically.

They sleep kneeling, standing or even slowly walking. The human back and spine are very stable and require to no real effort to keep upright.

There are no real inns in the areas where centaurs live, but they might be cautiously allowed in public houses in elf settlements.

They don't have much of a developed economy, but will trade precious metals, etc. for agricultural products or finished goods from more sedentary peoples (usually elves).

There are no interspecies relationships. The cultural and biological biases against them are too extreme.

But a small town is normally backed up by powerful people that offer protection, even if the humans in your setting are that stupid to not protect each other it only will work if the centaurs are stronger, more military oriented than humans or travel in ridiculously large groups.
If this is as normal as you are picturing it to me, there will be serious racial tension that would escalate very quickly into war.
You know what we do to thief in the modern days? You know what we did to people that attacked others in the old days? People in a small town can easily lynch a small group of travelers if they are normal people like them, heck some people die fighting opponents that they can't beat if they are stupid enough.
But again, this is assuming that they don't travel in very large groups or are much more powerful than the regular human.

I like them powerful, but still a little dainty, being aware of their own horse borne weaknesses.
I also like big, fat puffy donuts that make you feel like a golf ball being sucked thru 30' of garden hose.

>That's when the Centaur kills the merchant for daring to disagree.
I don't know what kind of love affair you have with centaurs in your setting, but if they did shit they do in your setting in my setting, they would all be dead. My orcs acted the same way as your centaurs, which in turn made many different and even warring kingdoms to unite against them. There's still orcs, but they can't go anywhere near civilized areas anymore without being exterminated with extreme prejudice or enslaved to be kill for sport by the populace, depending on the kingdom of course

Centaurs are much more powerful. A single kick will kill a man in full plate. and in my last setting the Centaurs were the only real wall between the humans and the chaos/orc/hoard forces of the north. So it was a mix of a single centaur being able to take multiple humans and the humans really like having mobile armies to prevent total evil from invading.

Is still strange that they can do that. Half the price on anything mean that someone powerful have a very bad deal at the end of the rope. If they have very little interaction with humans (or all humans are fags) it have sense.

My preference for centaurs in my cyberpunk setting is as an enemy subset of cyborgs. They would consist of quadrupedal robots that hijack the upper bodies of humans for use as manipulators and sensor suites.

Rape monsters that are exclusively male, raiding the edges of society for breeding stock.

With the exception of a few, they're all irredeemable fiends.

They could just assassinate the centaur in his or her sleep. Doesn't matter if you can shake the Earth if you're taking a nap where someone could just take a knife and go for the neck.
The tricky part is making sure their kin don't come to avenge the fallen, but humans will likely find a way as to how they can pick them off or use their pride against them.

If they are like he said they are this is a bad idea.

And it wont be longe before someone hires adventures to go full murderhobo on any centaurs that act like that

Another idea. Just don't play in his setting. I'm not a fan of how he does his centaurs and I wouldn't play in his setting because I smell the dried cum in his pants about his centaurs (after all, they bully everyone and no one does shit, which makes them super kewl guys!). However, it's his setting and he can have whatever he wants, so don't play in his setting. Best of both worlds, because he has fun wanking to his centaurs and you're happy because there's no centaur wank.

All true but they will retaliate or they will be wiped out. They will be dickish to the end and then once they are weakened or all killed you have Chaos storming the gates.

More the former. After all why would you want to visit the lands of an inferior creature unless you had to?

It's a magical transformation common among shamanic or druidic traditions.

Kind of like how in highly magical societies, the nobility and magicians tend to transform into dragons.

If they ever come, just drop caltrops and put pointy sticks everywhere. Snares also work because while centaur horse bodies may not have shitty legs like bred horses, a leg injury, or at least being knocked down, is a substantial disadvantage for them.

Female human part, but also horsecocks.

How do centaurs fit in dungeons?

>"How do humans fit in dungeons?"
>t. gnome
Just upscale the dungeons, fagget.

Generic Centaurs, the ones from greek myth.
Most are lusty, wild but a few are noble, civilised and immortal like Chiron.

I like my centaurs a bit wolfy

And I thought was degenerate.

That's fucking disgusting.

They're 1x2 large, though they may have to stoop.

I just want a game where I can play a modern day centaur

Is that too much to ask for?

Centaurs are literal mongols.

Oh shit it's the guy who does The Bard! There's some good stuff there.