Sorin did nothing wrong

Sorin did nothing wrong.

So why is there a shitshow about this guy?

He did nothing wrong.

I think its stupid how there were 3 plot lines in soi and 2 of them didnt matter

WELCOME TO SHADOWS OVER INNISTRAD, THE BLOCK WHERE EVERYTHING'S MADE UP AND THE PLOTS DON'T MATTER

He was one component of one of those "Everyone was an asshole and fucked everything up" situations. The main problem was people trying to shift all the blame to one character or another, when in truth everyone involved was a fuckwit.

Stop being reasonable, user. This is a pro/anti Sorin thread

Yes he did.
He lost.
Rules between oldwalkers are simple. Force-to-Force, and the loser is in the wrong. As it stands, he's the one currently stuck in a rock and probably dead. Innistrad vampires can't go a month without eating an entire person after all.

I want to fuck that mentally unstable harbinger of destruction.

>sexually attractive boros aligned white female who is very powerful and strong willed
>make her fucking crazy and an undefendibly evil bitch
>her opposition were two good black characters

>Two
There was just Sorin
And she's too white for you shitposter-san.

>He lost, deal with it :^)
Fuck off feminists

Lili stopped the emerakul part of her plan, bitch was too crazy to even make sure her plan worked.

>Sorin definitely did some things wrong, which made some of what Nahiri did understandable, but not justified

FTFY

That's exactly how oldwalkers work. Always. From Sorin and Nahiri to Bolas and Ugin to Urza and his titans.

>Liliana stopped Emrakul
Fucking wrong. Emrakul stopped Emrakul after shrugging off everyone else's attempts to stop Emrakul.

>And she's too white for you shitposter-san.
What color are we anons?

Darker than her. Besides, you already called her "Boros aligned" so we already know we're not talking about her color alignment.

Underrated post.

Emerakul wouldnt have stopped herself if liliana didnt put up such an impressive opposition. She would have consumed the plane long before she realized it was the wrong kind of plane to eldrazify, just like she was doing to zendikar.

That wasn't me, user.

>Fucking wrong. Emrakul stopped Emrakul after shrugging off everyone else's attempts to stop Emrakul.

Thank goodness that Emrakul was there to do so.

Do you have a single citation to back that up?

>Claiming Liliana had anything to do with it.
Wrong, Innistrad not tasting done enough for Emrakul led to Emrakul sealing herself in the moon.

Exactly, who knows what would have happened if Emrakul wasn't there to stop Emrakul
Really, it actually helps the multiverse since it let Emrakul sit down and think.

R/G, but not the big beefy creatures R/G. We're the shitty goblins-and-saprolings rush strats that overwhelm opponents with numbers, but only win very rarely

The whole story where jace was talking to emerakul and liliana was the only sentient being who had the force of will to keep fighting emerakul while sorin was trapped in stone watching. Even with liliana running interference nissa and tamiyo were already mind controlled and jace was firing off his last ditch mental emergency defenses. If liliana wasnt part of the gatewatch emerakul would have been the last apocolypse that innistrad would have seen.

Instead of saying "Chill bitch, I just used all my mana making protections for my plane, I need a 30 minute nap and a cheese burger then we can do your Eldrazi shit." he pushed Nahiri into an inescapable stone prison.

That was wrong.

Correction: Sorin did a lot of things wrong, but Nahiri was way worse.

You mean the story where Emrakul didn't say shit about Liliana or her powers and instead said that the plane itself wasn't ready and that it's denizens should be singing praise to her arrival?
Yeah that had nothing to do with Liliana and you're full of shit.

Stop wanking yourself to Liliana. It wasnt 'force of will', it was very clearly the efforts of the Chain Veil and perhaps the Raven Man (if that's his name, I forget). That said, without Liliana's zombie horde the Gatewatch may have been killed by spawn. Gatewatch die, and the plane potentially dies, or Emrakul might have sealed herself anyways, it's hard to know.

Sorin did wrong but also did what was best for his plane almost everytime.

He pushed a crazy bitch into a stone prison when he refused to help since she was too crazy and he had already helped. Then crazy bitch is released and unleashes apocalypse on his plane as petty revenge, despite her own plane having been already saved.

He did """wrong""" by imprisoning a good girl who dindu nuffin (until then), but even then he was right to imprison someone so dangerous.

What the hell is the chain veil and what are it's origins?

We're not told a whole lot. Apparently a race of ogre dudes found out some sick necromancy magic, and made a veil out of chainmail, with all their souls an for magic and shit in it or something. They can talk to people who use it, and it had a mind of its own. Also all the ogres are dead. One of Liliana's BDSM demon masters sent her to go find it, and she used its incredible power to kill him, Griselbrand, and several other dudes

Sorin was a dick who let his Plane gets almost literally tentacle raped. His entire facade of being the 'caring' vampire falls apart because guess what, he's a fucking vampire.His entire purpose for 'looking after Innistrad' was so he could pat himself on the back. And he couldn't even stop sucking his own cock for five minutes to do keep the plane together. Nahiri may have done some things wrong, but holy shit Sorin is awful.

>and he had already helped
The problem was he had also promised to keep helping and tried to completely pull out on the promise instead of just delaying it like he should of.

At this point Nahiri isn't crazy, because oldwalkers really did solve disputes by magic punching each other in the face. Then she did wrong and lost.
Then when she got out she still thinks like an oldwalker and tried to get petty revenge by destroying Innistrad, which to an oldwalker is basically the equivalent of her keying Sorin's favorite car.

Then she won and was in the right again by oldwalker rules.

In short, Sorin is an ass, and Nahiri is an angry oldwalker bitch, but neither did anything wrong by oldwalker rules except lose a fight.

You realize having waves of zombies summoned against you might give you the idea that people dont want you around?
If the gatewatch dies emerakul has no opposition so she turns the plane into a wasteland and her eldrazi spawn mutate into various fauna like vampires. Everyone but a couple gatewatchers and cathars were singing emerakuls praises back in og innistrad, look at delver.
Also I'm not liliana wanking. She was the marquee walker of the set and it was her introduction to the gatewatch so they had to make her relevent and give her a cool moment now shes the face of the black colorpie.

Its an artifact made by a race of ogres from shandalar. It absorbs souls and tries to bend its wearer to its will, but also empowers its user with the power of its stored souls. Its intentionally shrouded in mystery and hasnt fully been explained.

>You realize having waves of zombies summoned against you might give you the idea that people dont want you around?
The zombies are irrelevant to the mana and state of Innistrad to Emrakul. The world was not ready and that was all that matter.

Liliana did join the gatewatch there but all she did was temporarily save the rest of the Gatewatch before Emrakul literally turned her zombies against each other

I just took the time to reread that story.
Emrakul was literally sitting there doing nothing except screwing people by simply being close enough. Lili managed to stave off the mental assault by Chain Veiling and then decided directly attacking Emrakul was a good idea.
Which accomplished nothing. She loses a bunch of zombies and passes out.
Jace telepathies the others and they decide to shove Emrakul into the moon.
Tamiyo starts to use a forbidden jutsu but gets mindslavered and uses a different forbidden jutsu instead.
Moonrakul.
Tamiyo reveals that not only did Emrakul mindslaver her, but she somehow altered the second forbidden jutsu.
Jace realizes that Emrakul did all of this on purpose. Here, I'll even back that up with a citation:
>They are all my pieces, Jace Beleren. They always were. I just no longer want to play.

tl;dr Liliana agitated Emrakul a little and then fainted.

The zombies represent a consious resistance. Emerakul doesnt mess with worlds that actually resist her. She might see the sacrifices of heros, like on zendikar, as worshippers lining to witness her absolute power before they are recreated. She might take the act of summoning thousands of empty mana vessels as "Hey everyone is physically repulsed/frightened of me and doesnt think I am the divine being that I know I am. Maybe Ill think this over?"

See

Giving Eldrazi comprehensible human thoughts was a mistake.

It was fine because it was portrayed as the Eldrazi talking down to everyone, Jace included.
We are like less than children to them.

Do you think im trying to say liliana 1v1d emerakul to death and saved innistrad? Im saying she saved the plane and created the opening for jace to talk to emerakul. Just because she didnt personally talk to emerakul doesnt mean she didnt do 90% of the work in changing her mind.

That just makes it seem like more of an asspull.

All according to keikaku.

I'm saying that Emrakul just beat the shit out of the inhabitants of the plane, their ghost-armor, their zombies, AND their vampires, AND the Jacestice friends.

Liliana bringing a third course wasn't shit to Emrakul.

In fact, canonically the only thing Liliana's zombie horde did was let the Gatewatch take a few steps back and devise a plan. That didn't work.

>She paused her writing, considering the scroll. "This is all wrong. I am incomplete, unfulfilled, inchoate. There should be blossoms, not barren resentment. The soil was not receptive. It is not my time. Not yet." The way she said, yet, sent a shiver through Jace's neck. She resumed her writing, blotting out a large section of dried ink.
T. An Emrakul who's decided she's done here.

From this it sounds less like the resistance of the people had any effect, but rather the plane itself seemed to resist from the wording.

Everyone was a fuckwit, but Sorin was significantly less of a fuckwit than Nahiri.

White males are everything wrong with the world.