sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:
What is that one archetype you really want to make into XGE?

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ByUiTM8fb
astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Warlock,
twitter.com/mikemearls/status/625713874654748672
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it normal to have a player that you can't stand and would just like to remove from the group?

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ByUiTM8fb

Shit on my homebrew, /5eg/. Don't just stop at the name like a lazy user did. Really shit on it.

He's black.

Right now it's unreadable for me. The chart extends into the other column. Let me know if this is just me or a general thing

IF Mystic is in XGE, i really want there to be 2-3 psionic archetypes for other classes. Otherwise, scrap the whole thing for now. Classes need to bleed into each other in places for them to feel natural in a world together.

I want them to include Stone Sorcerer but do something to make it feel more stoney. As it is it's just an arcane paladin.

Unfortunately, yes.
Like this guy, trying to force a maymay.

Why the fuck would you put 0 in the first level you stupid motherfucker? Even the PHB doesn't do that, you dense cunt.

What the fuck is this class even supposed to be? Some kind of gish? When will that meme die?

What the fuck is this underhanded fighting style? Why would you even consider making such a niche thing and only this class can take it?

Runeblade is a better smite.

Aura of Dread is a bad mechanic.

This class feels like it is themed around being an edgelord gish.

No. Play with your friends.

He is my friend but he's an obnoxious player.

I'm in a similar situation and I'm thinking of just dropping or at least let him do everything. I'm tired of dealing with this classist 'I ROLL TO PERSUADE' bullshit but I'm hoping this blows up in his face somehow.

I'll soon be running a Wild West-type game that has a heavy emphasis on travel and will regularly feature random encounters, not just of the kill-some-monsters type, but little mini-quests and adventures that pop up as they travel the world and wander across weird shit or interesting people with problems.

We're wrapping up SKT first with another DM who has skipped a lot of the "hex crawl" elements and random encounter tables of the module because we agreed everything is trivial when the players know they can dump every resource into a fight and take five long rests before they reach the next important location like a town or our quest destination, and we'd rather get to the cool stuff instead of walk all over five orcs.

We've decided this isn't ideal and want a middle ground between "the party is ready for literally everything on the road as long as they only meet one thing a day" and "long rests take a week, fuck you casters, why take a train if you have to nap in town for six more days anyway".

So we came up with this as a general idea, but haven't bothered crunching the numbers yet. Lay some suggestions or numerical tweaks and ideas for modifiers (both positive and negative) on me.

I second this

Knight, I feel like Arcane Archer will be the second Fighter one.

Stone Sorcerer and Shadow Sorcerer are both really good as well.

My game is hitting the end of it's first chapter next Tuesday, and that means it's time for a dungeon crawl into the Unseelie Lord of Summer's domain. However, I'm a first time DM so I'm not sure how to pace out a dungeon without causing a TPK. I know I want the last boss to be a deadly encounter, but how hard should I hit them leading up to it? The party consists of 6 level 4 PCs.

>Unseelie
>Lord of Summer
Don't you mean Winter?

My world has a low (Unseelie) court for each season as well as a high (Seelie) for each.

Seems fine on my end. Homebrewery only works on Chrome it seems.

Yeah, it's an edgelord gish. Supposed to be a class that hunts magic with magic but I think the flavor is way off.

Runeblade is a better smite if you use all the Runescar charges, right? Or did you mean using the 6d6 it's a better smite? I thought the math was 5d8 > 6d6.

I thought the waiting to charge/emptying the Runescar to empower the Runeblade was an interesting mechanic. It would certaintly avoid turn1 novas, I think.

Aura of Dread is bad why?

Does the OGL-SRD contain all the spells from the Player's Handbook?

Are they any sites/spreadsheets etc that compile all the UA in with the core stuff for lists?

I was trying to see how many Warlock patrons there are and I have to look at all these different fucking UA articles and shit. I just want a list for fucksakes.

Yes, there is one in the OP.

No idea, check it out and report back to us you lazy cock nuzzler.

>Saving throws: Constitution, Wisdom
Shit, man, get it together. That's not how saves work, it's supposed to be one common save and one uncommon one. Getting those two right off the gate with zero investment is already busted as fuck.

Copious amounts of cannabis.

Is a V.Human Deepstalker with Resilient (CON) a dick move? That's proficiency in STR, DEX, CON and WIS saves.

That was supposed to be Con/Int, thanks for catching that.

For a Long Death Monk. How OP is this? What rarity should it be? (Treating it as a magic item that just can't be dropped)

>Soul Slurper (name pending)
>Prerequisite- Long Death Monk
>A magic tattoo only given to the highest tier Monks of the monastery of edgy fucks
>Killing a cr 1/4 or greater creature within 5 feet restores 1 Ki point

I'd be really leery about letting someone game their resource system. Maybe limit it to an amount of ki points equal to their wisdom mod per long rest.

What's the term for normal lighting conditions? There's dim light, darkness, bright light, etc.

It's not clearly marked as such but the astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Warlock, is the best option. Lots of the pastebin links like the github one are dead, so the OP is pretty garbage.

I'd make it so you can only have 1 Ki point at a time from it, and that it only works on hostile creatures because the bag of rats test.

So you can basically kill a creature to store some of their Ki in the tattoo, but there's a limit in how much.

Bright light is normal light. Even when it's not bright out. It just means "you can see normally".

Nah, not really. Resilient is a good feat, and CON save proficiency is great to have but it's not insane unless you're a Paladin or something.

>Bicameral governments in DnD
>truly patrician

>My face when medieval fantasy Europe has a more representative parliamentary system than my third world country

Reading this makes me want to write up a literal Edgelord class as a Charisma martial character that intimidates people but actually has a d4 hit die and a class feature for making convincing cosplay armor.

Maybe they would get an even more terrible version of Warlock spellcasting that only gets Fear spells and the Thaumaturgy cantrip.

Thanks senpai.

This user has a good solution to a possible problem the item could cause.

Soul Slurper is a fantastic name and should be kept.

>Soul Slurper is a fantastic name

Its link to shadow Monks and tattoos and stuff makes me think of Planescape a bunch. The name only helps with that, really. I like it.

If you don't have that player, assume it's you.

I'm avoiding the bag of rats meme by having a minimum CR and requiring an outright kill.

Fun fact- you can get your temp hp by punching a low hp ally in the nuts instead of carrying rats, which can be a decent choice if your healer is in initiative line before the enemies.

It should literally be a tattoo on your tongue.

and maybe the language could be
>you cannot use this effect again until you have spent at least one Ki point

Well obviously

Minimum CR is good... but he could still just go kick a big dog. Most players won't so it doesn't matter much, but you know how players can be sometimes.

Also I can't believe they made Fiendlocks unable to bag of rats, then went ahead and let Long Death do it.

For reference CR 1/4 creatures are things like cows, boars, and humanoids like basic Goblins.

I'd be worried about it but it's a long death monk, arguably the weakest non-wot4e one (until level 11)

Can anybody guide a new player on building a bruiser character that doesn't use magic?

Just want something martial that can both deal and take damage.

Anyone else have trouble with scale on maps? Like how wide, long and tall are rooms and hallways really?
How tall is a wall, it's thickness, what about a tree?
I'm so stupid.

Personally I think the bag of rats meme is fine because it's 100% thematically fitting for a death-obsessed goth monk to dissect a rat to get some juice.

Just play a sword and board battlemaster with dueling

Barbarian bear totem for ultimate damage eating and rage gives damage bonus.

>I'd be worried about it but it's a long death monk, arguably the weakest non-wot4e one (until level 11)
...What the hell are you smoking? Open Hand's good but requires Ki used on one of your worse features, Shadow's got powerful abilities but 2 Ki is pretty heavy price and Sun Soul's basically a Monk throwing darts and bad AoE's. Long Death starts off the bat getting 6 Temp HP on a kill which makes them way more tanky then others, a really good at-will AoE and literally "I chose not to die 11 times per day".

Long Death is probably second best Monk out of the lot, it covers the Monks main weakness of being fragile at low levels.

Right. Fighter or Barbarian, really. Monk gets a bunch of weird-ass 'totally not a spell'' magical shit, and Ranger can still cast magic.
You should look into Fighter archetypes if you don't have a clear idea or direction for your character; there's lots of variety there.

If all else fails, go Battlemaster. It's fun, because you can work a lot of concepts into it.

Play a Dwarven Battlerager Barbarian, get to be a tough little ball of angry fury while also kicking ass.

Same, they are pretty edgy in a way that actually works in a ttrpg.

Close quarters crossbow sharpshooter battlemaster do get high dps and use trip and disarm attacks 4 times in your first turn to stop a charging group dead in their tracks.
Can't help you with survivability there, maybe tough?

I suppose that was poorly worded, a better way to say it is that they don't have good (as in archetype unique) things to spend ki on until level 11.

tree is 5ft by 5ft because I will it, a hallway is 5ft wide and infinitly long. Height is tricky because I draw isometric 3d heightbased maps for my players and usually make a height space twice as big as a floor space because it fits on my scale.

Guys, 2nd draft now, list of changes:
Chain is a Pact Boon again, read the "But Chain is bad..." part for reasoning.
Added the choice of Int/Cha to the class.

Blade: +Pact Weapon as spellcasting focus.
Chain: +Voice of the Chain Master invocation, +one of Raven Queen's feature at 5th.

Eldritch Invocations:
Chains of Carceri: learns the hold monster spell along the rest of the effect.
Eldritch Smite: +Curse Bringer invocation (move the curse to another target)
Beguiling Influence: +depends on Charisma as spellcasting ability.
Otherwordly Leap: change to 5th level requirement so it doesn't compete with Ascendent Step.

Added an invocation called "Unearthed Arcana", is equivalent to Beguiling Influence, but for Int. Looking for feedback if Investigation is too strong because of Passive Investigation, tried to add a skill that Warlock doesn't get, just like Persuasion from Beguiling Influence.

Any critique is welcome.

Does anyone here really like the Path of War from PF? I do, and I was wondering how could I try to incorporate the classes (i'm only really considering Warden, Stalker and Warlord cause I'm more interested in more physical classes). My friend who likes to shop classes has been swapping ideas with me, but I'm curious how you think of them 5eg. I just like the system and mythology of these martial arts things. I think that using the battlemaster is a good platform or starting place, but I'm unsure. I wanna know some other other povs.

I'll second the dwarf battlemaster idea. Go mountain dwarf, get yourself the specialty armor and a shield, and make your starting stats include 16 strength and 16 con before modifiers, giving you 18 in both. When you hit level 3, you're at 18 AC, 38 HP, and do (d8+6)+(d4+6) a round during rage.

Battlerager, not battlemaster. My bad

Continuing with my warlock fixes too. I guess we have some competing fixes.

I think I'm satisfied with the blade pact right now:

>Can switch weapons once per turn as a free action.
>smites limited to specific forms of the weapon, but you can switch back right away basically.
>ranged weapons permitted at the start
>vanilla invocations rolled into base pact.

For the invocations, I standardized any spell granting invocation, except for Chains of Carceri and Conjure Elemental. Now they follow the format: You gain the spell as a warlock spell, can cast it with a warlock spell slot, but once per long rest you can cast it for free.

Conjure Elemental now just lets you learn conjure elemental as a warlock spell. No free casting. Additionally, you can summon other creatures depending on your patron.

Chains of Carceri is supposed to work like so: You can cast the spell once for free, but if the target is a celestial, fiend, or elemental, it doesn't count towards your limit of one free cast per day. though I'm not sure on the wording.

Doh

Just found this twitter.com/mikemearls/status/625713874654748672
Guess I either let them share the Magic Resistance or go back to tentative v1 and try again. Thoughts?

>Constitution is your spellcasting ability

Fuck your shit, Con casters are OP.

> Every time you cast a spell or ARE hit by a spell

Hits are only caused by attacks, I suspect you meant spell saves to trigger this as well but it won't as written. Also cantrips are still spells, to eliminate them you either need to specify "cast a spell with a spell slot" or "cast a spell of 1st level or higher".

Divine Sense is to Detect Evil and Good as Mage Hunter SHOULD BE to Detect Magic.

> Underhanded

What's that you say? Bonus action advantage on every attack as long as I use a one handed finesse weapon? Guess I know what literally every rogue is 2-dipping.

> Arcane Recovery & Runeblade

So.. not only do they get smite that's better with low level spells, but they ALSO get more of those slots than a paladin.

This isn't salvageable.

Why is Mike such a raging fag who hates fun? Just do what works over all man

Mike is generally wrong on most issues, the problem is that when he's wrong, it's still the official ruling.

Same with crawford.

No, I meant 'hit' by a spell, like Eldritch Blast / Ray of Frost. Basically, spells that require a roll to hit. Cantrips included.

Why do you say the smites are better with low level slots?

In my mind, having access to the wizard spell list should put those low level slots to good use rather than just being fodder for Runeblade. But I can see your point.

Highest you can get in a stat is 15 before racial modifiers. I mean, 2 18s at level 4 is still well and fine.

You fixed Bladelock, but still didn't fix that fluff invocations will never be picked.

Learning a spell means Warlock can now cast them whenever they have spell slots, is it intended for them to have polymorph/conjure elemental?

It does not.

The original release (v5.0, listed as v1.1) was missing a bunch; then I and a bunch of people emailed them about spells that were referenced by SRD content but weren't included (EX: Necklace of Prayer Beads casts Branding Smite but it wasn't included) so they released a new version (v5.1). There's still a shit load missing though.

>You fixed Bladelock, but still didn't fix that fluff invocations will never be picked.

Which fluff invocations need improvement do you think?

>Learning a spell means Warlock can now cast them whenever they have spell slots, is it intended for them to have polymorph/conjure elemental?

Yes.

>Go to D&D tonight
>usual grognards
>we hear a girl is coming that nobody knows, unusual but don't think much of it
>turns out she's cute as fuck, not prissy looking or anything like that.
>never looks at a phone once, is engaged with everything she's being taught (new to the game apparently)
>hella cute face, always smiling, nice white teeth
>when she's not looking, check her fingers for a ring, none to be seen

Oh man, my heart was thumping hard tonight. Cute and was just happy to learn about the game and was totally into it. I got to talk to her a little more personally as I was the only person who had experience playing a monk in 5e of the whole group (as she wanted to make one). I hope she comes back, I'll have to start coming in looking less like a scrub and cleaning up.

One of the reasons I got BACK into D&D was to hopefully meet some girls (they exist), and I did, however, ALL, not an exaggeration, all of them were married already. Who doesn't want someone that shares their interests? All I got was her name and that's all I know so far.

Good luck user!

>i want to meet women
>i know, ill go play dnd

god speed, anyway

as said, I have actually met women at D&D, but literally every single one was married. Geek girls exist, not in big numbers but they do.

Just don't be a sperg and, if she isn't interested, don't push it on her.

All of them, there's no point picking Beast Speech if invocations are really limited and I can pick Devil's Sight instead.

>Yes.
You were supposed to fix the Warlocks, not break them.

Why would learning polymorph break the warlock?

yeah, I'm aware that I'll have to hold back my nerdom a bit and not drop my spaghetti, make casual conversation and for the love of christ don't bring up anything odd or weird.

>inb4 she's super into weird shit and isn't into you because you act too normal

user plz i don't need that kinda bad luck in my life

Of course you do, user.
Why else would you be here with the rest of us?

>no Magic Resistance forever = hating fun
Not only are you stupid, but you're wrong about Mearls being the NOFUN guy. That's Crawford. Mearls rules 90% of the time in favor of whatever makes the game most fun, and the other 10% is "this is how it works RAW, but do whatever you want."

So, is Oath of Conquest supposed to be trash or what?

Warlock spell list was made entirely to avoid them being able to spam those kind of spells, you're giving them plus one free use while not taking anything away from it.

Crawford isn't no fun either, he just actually answers rules questions by referencing the rules.

>Warlock spell list was made entirely to avoid them being able to spam those kind of spells

What kind of spells are those? What, specifically, is wrong with a warlock learning polymorph or conjure elemental? Presumably, these spells are balanced by their slot level. So if a warlock is allowed to learn 4th and 5th level spells, then it is fine to learn the 4th level spell polymorph, and the 5th level spell conjure elemental.

Ehh. I still think it's a bit uninspired fluff-wise. Particularly the tenets: they could have made it more pronounced than just ''edgier Crown with a hard-on for instilling fear''.
The mechanics aren't anything to write home about, either. Armor of Agathys is nice, though.

Their level 15 feature used to be a strictly inferior version of Devotion's aura (gotten much later), now it's just whatever the fuck.

Most of Crawford's tweets are basically "it's written on page so and so, that's how it works", he just explains the rules.
Agree on Mearls, though, he's the most laidback on rulings.

Help me, Fivegg. I want to play a tiefling with CHA as my highest ability score, but I'm having some trouble finding an appropriate class. If this was Pathfinder, I'd just play an Infernal Sorcerer, but the class has no such origin in 5e. Fiendlock seems like the obvious choice, but my last character was a Warlock and I'd like to try something different. Should I:
>refluff Dragon Sorcerer to be more tiefling-appropriate
>shift some points into physical ability scores and play a Magic Initiate Fighter
>be a total meme lord/manic pixie/magical realmer and play Wild Magic Sorcerer
>play Warlock again but pick entirely different class options
>something else?
Our party is small (two or three people, DMPC pending) and the other player is a healer leaning towards Cleric.

It seems like you want to play a magic class, and a tiefling. Why not a bard? Fluff it as someone who is really interested in the lore of his ancestors, and by extension, general demonic lore. He can tell the tales of heroes fighting demons and such.

Compared to the Oath of Treachery, if feels vastly inferior.

I considered that and I like the idea. The thing that was putting me off Bard was that we'd already have a Cleric dealing out heals and buffs, and we need a reliable damage-dealer. Is Bard any good as a front line class?

Because at 7th level you'll be able to Polymorph 2-6 times while others 1.
At 9th, Conjure Elemental 2-6 times versus 1.
At 11th, Conjure Elemental 3-9 times versus 3, and you have an Arcanum.

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian. I thought I had found the one.

Bards can play gishes fairly well.

What the name of Azuth...