Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Space Spics.

For the Greater Good!

3rd for intercessors and hellblasters rerolling 1's and 2's to hit are okay I guess

Retards don't understand what it means to be visible to the shooter edition.

They haven't realized conscripts can only see through their own 50 man blob and not the other 450 guys

Coldstar can advance 40 inches turn one.

Why does GW refuse to give ard armor to flash gits? Why does GW hate one of the most theoretically popular ork units?

They're Space Conquistadors you ignorant gringo

My friend has 37 cultists he wants to get rid of for like $45. Should I take him up on it?

Reminder that the Dakkajet Fleet is the only counter to the Conscript meme.

>

>Magnus first
>then guillman
>then mortarion
>then the lion

think we'll get angron or fulgrim as the next daemon primarch?

Nothing, it isn't happening.

I know but that wouldn't have pissed as many people off.

Pretty good price

Proxy as conscripts

Gringo means white you idiot.

And fuck you, I like space latinos. Space spanish are boring because the spanish are fucking boring.

Probably Fulgrim. Honestly, Fulgrim should have been after Bobby out of principle

Dew it

>Magnus first
>then guillman
>then mortarion
>then Puretide

I agree.

>he still thinks anyone taking conscripts cares if they even shoot once all game
Man you are going to be really distraught when you see how the real lists actually play and not the WUN THOUSAND CONSCRIPTS meme you're fighting in your head.

Excel-user here, did a bit more work on the Tau data-calculations: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

I revamped the Crisis/Commander section, and have added sections for Riptide, Broadside, and Hammerhead.

I'm a bit concerned by the Commander vs Crisis numbers. 30pts to for +2 BS and an extra hardpoint is just too good. Commanders are more efficient essentially across the board in terms of raw wounds-per-point. They have the downside of being a single target so large-wound weapons can potentially do more damage, but they can also hide. I think GW may have went a bit overboard on how expensive Crisis bodies are this edition.

Guilleman in a pact with Khorne? I need explanations

I'm curious as to whether or not we'll actually get slaaneshi stuff again.

Though I'd love actual castings of ECs

Reminder that without a commissar conscripts are literally grots.

The only way to determine is to "stoop down and get a look from behind the shooting model to see if any part of the target is visible" so no, infantry can't shoot units they're not facing.

Hopefully Lorgar

Its way past time the autist came out of his neet-cave.

>Gringo means white you idiot.

Gringo is a slur/slang for American, not white american.

Girlyman isn't in a pact with Khorne. It's a literal "well just a rumor I heard but" thing. Please do not panic.

Man, I was just looking at that when it updated and scared me.

> Mfw Dubs will hide Sangy for as long as they can.

Am I right in thinking that Bloodcrushers are amazing now? They seem really durable and dangerous for their points

>thinking we're going to see a non-god-aligned Primarch before Angron and Fulgrim
>if we even see them fucking at all
If we do get non-god Daemon Primarchs I hope they do Perturabo before Lorgar.

How do we know Lionel Johnson will be the next Imperium primarch?

Chicanos are still fucking gringos despite their retarded need for identity.

Besides that definition merely excludes chicanos, nowhere does it specify 'white american'.

Actively under development, and all that.

I think I'm leaving the commander/crisis suit-section at that for now. I'll probably add stats for Vespids, Stealth Suits and Ghostkeels, then move onto the Blood Angels like requested in one of the earlier threads.

We don't know for sure, but if you're betting it's going to be anyone else you're not a smart betting man.

The supposed rumor is Rowboat made/is going to make a pact with Khorne in 8e to help deal with Orks currently stompin' around on Armageddon/Armageddon sector. And since there's already a Blood Crusade headed that way (plus the fact the Orks are getting bigger and harder to kill on Armageddon right now), it's certainly plausible.

Only problem I have with the rumor is that Blood Crusade's almost certainly led by Angron himself (he's still sore after losing the first Armageddon War after all), and last I checked, he HATES Guilliman more than he does a bunch of damn xenos.

Maybe in 9th edition devil dogs won't be complete garbage...

Dubs will release the primarch 4 Gods first, and in turn 4 Primarch of the big 4 Chapters.

But Armageddon is already a half-daemon world with Khorne vs Tzeentch. Angron being summoned was even foiled.

>First for Space Spics.

nth for Space Niggers

>Not even a real boy
>Still gets a model before Sanguinus

Are there any other crisis/commander loadouts people would like to see added, before I move on to other units?

Remember fags, just play the army you like and the play it the way you want to, ignore WAACniggers

G-guys, I just threw "gringo" in there because I don't know what casual insults Spaniards use...

M8 they're all basically the same.

I prefer to think of CF as (greatest ally) Portugal.

Can vehicles shoot targets behind them? Can infantry?

Yes, there are no facing rules.

Yea I would like Perturabo also but Lorgar would work in fluff as a counterpart to Girlyman.

Not to mention having him screaming about how he was right all along about the Emperor to Girlyman would be neat.

FW must really like Harambe.

>But Armageddon is already a half-daemon world with Khorne vs Tzeentch. Angron being summoned was even foiled.
... Did I miss a new piece of lore or something?

Last I checked Armageddon s still in the middle of the 3rd Armaggedon War (now 3.5 with the return of the Khorne guys).

When (and why, for the matter) the hell did Tzeentch show up? Last I checked the only god entities that really gave a shit about Armageddon/Ullanor were the four 'war gods' (Emps, Gork, Mork, Khorne).

Can't wait to get this model and headswap it for a helmet. I've lusted after his suit of Tartaros ever since his sneak peek banner reveal. Hope the ravens won't be too obvious in gold, or easy to file off.

Maybe my dad will tell me he loves me someday

DICKS OUT FOR GABRIEL

>tfw we will never get anything about the objectively most superior primarch, Alpharius
why live

>headswap it for a helmet
Beaky?

>Magnus, check
>Guilliman, check
>Mortarion, +new Typhus and GUO models
>Lion, +new DA special character models
>Fulgrim, +new Emperor's Children release, Lucius, KOS models
>Russ, +new wolfwolfs
>Angron, +new World Eaters and Khorne Daemon models (new Skarbrand? Ka'bhanda?)
>Avatar of Sanguinius, +new Mephiston and some other shit

This will be the first 8 Primarchs and accompanying releases. I expect some xenos releases in between as well.

Maybe as soon as the actual Codex.

10 Firewarriors-80 points
Devilfish- 127 points
10 Firewarriors-80 points
Devilfish- 127 points
Cadre Fireblade- 42
15 Kroot Carnivores- 60
Hammerhead with Railgun and SMS- 195
3 Crisis Suits (2 plasma rifle)- 192
3 Crisis Suits (2 fusion blasters)- 252
4 Gun Drones- 32
4 Gun drones- 32
4 Marker Drones- 42 points
Commander with Plasma Rifle and Drone controller- 92 points
3 Stealth Suits with Burstcanons +2 gun drones- 106 points
3 Stealth Suits with Burstcanons +2 gun drones- 106 points
Ghostkeel with Cyclic Ion Raker, 2 Fusion blasters, Shield Generator, and 2 Stealth Drones- 191 points
Commandar in Coldstar battlesuit with High Output Burst Canon and Missile Pod +2 shield drones- 156 points

Total 1996

Who else here is hyped to play 8th when it drops? Str 5 across the board seems like it's going to be super good feeling, and I'm glad I can finally whip out my coldstar now that I don't have to memorize 3 pages of rules to do so

>Avatar of Sanguinius, +new Mephiston and some other shit
I fucking hope it's not Sanguinor, shit would be boring if it's true.

>mfw still no playable vect/malys model
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A CHARACTER ARCHON REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't leave hardpoints empty on your crisis and commander (max 3 on crisis, 4 on commander). Their bodies are very expensive, and it's very cost-effective to load up a smaller number of suits.

Relevant calculations here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Not to mention having him screaming about how he was right all along about the Emperor to Girlyman would be neat.
>implying Girlyman isn't already having headaches because Magnus is using his psyker abilities to scream just that inside Rowboat's head 24/7 despite being stuck in the webway

More like
>WHY CAN'T OUR CHARACTER HAVE JETBIKES OR SKY BOARDS REEEEE

It'd be Omegon at best. Dorn crushed Alpharius' head so hard Omegon could feel it halfway across the galaxy.

Related, I'd love to see a Dorn model. Just for the sake of GW making one before Forge World does. The 30k tears would be delicious.

Just spitballing here but I would envision something that sort of falls between the Sanguinor, Celestine, and the Yncarne.

Commander on drone duty seems kinda lame

Now that 8th is set 100 years after the "present," how are they going to explain how some of the Tau and Guard characters are still around, or why the surviving Orks characters haven't reached Primork levels from a century of straight WAAAAGH or how the tyranids haven't developed anything new?

Did the Sanguinor even show up on Baal?

So, aside from Ferrus, who is THE most useless out of all the Primarchs these days?

Generic stealth commander with pls.

Interesting, I never got around to magnetizing a third points for weapons but I guess I ought to get around to it
I just wasn't sure what else to do with him, 2+ to hit drone swarm that makes him much tougher to kill seemed neat though, never ran buffmanders in 7

Purterabo

Lorgar hasn't left his Neet cave in over 10000 years

Farsight is basically immortal because he slaughtered hoards of enemies with a spooky lifestealing blade he found on a spooky demonic world that he figured eh might as well use it.

Shadowsun is probably lost in the warp so no aging there.
Other than that, who cares.

THAT FUCKING TOO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He did, when the NPC races spilled on Baal. No idea where he went after that.

Battle forged +3 CP
Vanguard detachment +1 CP
Super Heavy detachment +0 CP

HQ (231)
Tank commander
Demolisher cannon
Heavy bolter (3)

Elites - (288)

Veterans (10) 96
meltagun (3)

Veterans (10) 96
meltagun (3)

Veterans (10) 96
meltagun (3)

Fast (352)

Armored sentinels (2) 120pt
Lascannon (2)

Hell hound squadron (2) 180pt
heavy flamer (2)
Inferno cannon (2)

Rough riders (5) 52
Power lance
hunting lance (4)

Heavy (356)
Leman Russ Squadron (2)

Punisher gatling cannon 20
Heavy bolter (3)

Executioner plasma cannon (20)
lascannon
Plasma cannon (2)

Transport

Chimera (3) 276
Heavy flamer
Multi laser

-

Super Heavy detachment +1 CP

Shadowsword 498
lascannon (2)
twin heavy bolter (2)

Total 2001

Who cares, just play your dudes user.

They won't. They'll treat the timeskip the same way they did Age of Sigmar's. new characters will come out, new kits will be made, but old generic models will still have a use. Old character models will exist only as legacy options.

This excludes certain options that are some breed of immortal, like Archaon in AoS. They'll still exist in the plot, and may even get updated models ($40 for one model, I'm sure) you can pick up.

Mortarion, hes literally jobbing to Guilliman while being told directly to his face by typhus that he is jobbing and giving the 40k equivalent of batman ridiculous amounts of prep time.
At this point I don't think Morty is capable of doing anything but jobbing

DC adds one to hit rolls, it no longer gives drone the user's BS

Are the older editions(3th, 4th, 5th and 6th ed) codex and rulebooks still in the mega? Or are they lost forever?

T'au characters went through the warp rift as part of the 4th Sphere Expansion, time got all fucky for them.

Humans have plenty of technological ways to slow and counter aging, so Guard don't need to worry too much probably. Either that or they'll start squatting a bunch of the characters with the new Codex.

It takes longer than a century for Orks to hit Primork tier.

Tyranids will have a whole new posterboy Hive Fleet with their next Codex instead of Leviathan, and it will absolutely have new developments.

I'm going to go with Dorn. If he's alive, he's keeping quiet, and has been for 10k+ years. If he's dead, that's pretty goddamn useless.

But what's behind something cannot be visible to it.

Important human characters can get juve treatments and live for 500+ years

This includes any inquisitor and then more important IG characters

Mechanicus guys are basically biologically immortal anyway

Space marines can go thousands of years

Who else are we worried about?

Yeah sly marbo probably retired, had muscular children with an amazon and died peacefully

Lose a point. No more of this 2001 bullshit when granularity is actually being used to the fullest.

The chaos gods fucked up by giving him an unlimited supply of tendies and mountain dew. Guy's never gonna leave his cave now.

>T.butthurt unrepresented Spaniard
Nobody cares about your country, spics are less cancerous than Spaniards.

Question: the fliers rules typically say that you can pivot up to 90 degrees when you move, and if fliers go off the board or cannot complete their minimum movement the unit is killed. However, now that anything can charge and turning the model doesn't take movement, can you use a charge as an opportunity to pivot a flier so that it can effectively turn more than 90 degrees each turn?

I don't understand the logic of the Primarchs that still alive, they just fuck off into some shithole for 10k years instead of stay and lead the Imperium.

Airborne models cannot charge.

I feel like you would be able to make a hoverboard out of the Reaver's front plate, or two smaller hoverboard looking bits glued to the bottom of each foot and connected in the middle with a rod.

If you're a sleezy WAAC faggot sure

ah, missed that, thanks.

Did Guilliman see the Sanguinor? I know we didn't get more than a paragraph but it'd be cool to know.