I'm currently developing a TG,and I have some questions

So I'm currently in beta stage 1.0, have a physical working copy of my game, and have played and taught about 30-35 games (I should keep better track I know). The game itself (still no name yet "card game"is what it's called)is deeply TG related and revolves around strategic combat and die roll outcomes. It's also REALY simple to pick up, and has some really deep (surprisingly) strategies.
>TL:DR the game mechanics are in the small tweaking phase.

The game is broken up into 4 classes and totals 52 cards, Melee,Stealth,Magic,and Fortification.

My question is would /tg be interested in submitting art for my game?
I want the art to be simple comic/line art, just black. I also want the art in the vein of '70s d&d monster manual style old fantasy.

I've already done art for some cards, but thought it would be fun to get /tg involved.

The card design/layout is of my own making and any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

>pic related it's one of the cards from my game with my art.

Wtf phone...

Bump

I'm not a visual designer, but the art and font of "high priest" don't really match the bubble style of stuff like "magic" or the attack/defense thing

You've gotta include a reason too for it to help me.
For example the font of the card name dosent match the San-serif font or the style of the card, this makes it _______, to ________, IMO. That's constructive criticism, make an observation then provide reasoning and solutions.

>My question is would /tg be interested in submitting art for my game?
If you want art then pay an artist, seriously.

Well I am an artist, and honestly have zero problems just making all the art, like I said before I thought it would be a fun opportunity for aspiring artists to get published, build on their portfolio and if the game is successful get those (sometimes) juicy royalty checks.

I'm making a card(sorta) game too and suck at art. I envy you OP.

Look at gwent.
Listen to Maro's (mtg) podcasts.
STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MTG'S CARD DESIGN CHOICES.
MTG is great for concept, but it has retarded 'development'.
Fuck unbalanced cards.

What's the point of defense and attack when their amount is the same?

>I thought it would be a fun opportunity for aspiring artists to get published, build on their portfolio and if the game is successful get those (sometimes) juicy royalty checks.

If you're an artist and you actually think this, fuck you, you're part of the problem.

Agreed. If you're looking to contract an artist to work on a commercial venture, do it properly.

A promise of shared profits is not really the best way to go about it

Like you said, the art and font are reminiscent of D&D monster manuals, but the bubbles and rounded edges feel way more modern.
I hoped you would be able to understand that.

just google image search for pintrest stolen deviant arts and tumblrs then run it through a photoshop levels to monochrome it and use the art without citing: bam, pro card art

That's a really cool card design.

You're still stating the obvious though. Is your opinion that it makes it hard to read?

There are some cards that may have defense or attack nerfed, and to keep every card layout the same I've designed it that way, alot of testers have also mentioned this, thanks! I will look into different ways to portray those values more efficiently

Thanks!

The problem lies within anyone's ability to "paint" digitally. I've already had "illustrators" submit art in .psd form. Completely unprofessional, if you can't vectorize your own illustrations then expect me to do so I might as well just do it myself.

You will get there :)

This isn't a tcg or lcg it's a TG, just to clear that up