Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (formerly known as /pfg/, Pathfinder and Starfinder welcome)

Tell me your diplomancy exploits. How hard did you bard?

Link repository, could really use an update: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5112384/character-thread/?pageforid=5144243#post-5144243
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Boy
strawpoll.me/13138369
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5112384/character-thread/?pageforid=5144431#post-5144431
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that Contemplatives are horrendously overpowered

How do I make a good Psychic?

fuck dude i dunno i've never ever LOOKED that that class

>diplomancy
>how hard did I bard
I could tell you more RL stories of those than I could of Pathfinder ones, to be honest.

Do it.

Sorta-newfag asking the same question in the new thread to get more input
If I were to try and submit to JttW, how would I go about building this firekick cutie?

Dare I say that this JttW app may well be pure Kino?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5112384/character-thread/?pageforid=5144243#post-5144243

>Has the characters from the legend in her backstory
>Lived on Earth
>Apparently thinks Earth is 10,000 years in the future
>Forgot to read the part where only racial variants from Bloodforged (and not races) were allowed.
>Son Wukong is literally a major character in her backstory
>Is so old she forgot if she was a tyrant queen back in the day
>China eventually becomes Tian Xia

A for effort, it's actually rather well done. It's just... very not in setting.

Also, the girl is cute, and that's like 50% of an App.

I think you're on the right track with Steelfist Commando for what its worth., its more deciding on the other half of the gestalt.

That's honestly precious. I want to hug this person and torture Argentum into accepting the app.

>Fresh account
there is an elaborate meme going on here and I hope Argentum takes the bait and sees where it goes for the rest of us.

I swear to god if it's Wist funposting because she can't make the timeslot I'm going to aaaaaa

Entropic Sage Hedgewitch || Steelfist Commando Warlord

Argent is giving a free discipline swap, so toss out that rank ass steel serpent and grab yourself Elemental Flux. From there, just pick the maneuvers you want, maining Elemental Flux.

Spending a single spellpoint, when you kick someone you should be good to add something like 18d6 fire damage to a single kick.

You could also go Aurora Soul Mystic, but they lose out on BAB, which might be important given this is a gestalt game (and thus, high BAB access is easier to come by).

As bad as this is going to sound, which has less bookkeeping between entropic sage and body avowed? I know my own flaws, and tracking stuff that isn't basic Vancian spell slots has given me trouble in the past, so I want to keep it in the realm of what I know I can play well.

That sounds pretty fucking nuts, and I love it already. I'm a fan of full BAB and steelfist already, so I'll be keeping that for sure.

I'll start out basic then. By which I mean a grand epic adventure of failure, success and bardicness.
>Climbing a mountain
>Make poor survival rolls and LOSE MY WAY
>I'm much too far south of my natural habitat so I don't realize treelines don't work the way they should (end at 1000 meters tops)
>Foolishly push on to the top of the subpeak instead of backtrack to the road
>IRREVOCABLY LOST AND LOSE MAP
>fuckthisshitimout.jpg
>cross a ridge so oversaturated with fir trees that I have to walk on the treetops like 4 meter stilts
>follow the waterways and eventually make my way down to the road
>get a lift with friendly burgers
>dropped off at the tram to the top
>reach the top with the power of technology
>time to SING THE SONGS OF MY PEOPLE for dank memes and the folks back home, and tape it for posterity
>notice large crowd gathering around me because I'm making a ruckus
>ROLL PERFORMANCE (SING)
>critical success with high-ass modifiers and epic intro speech
>other people start filming during performance, rousing applause
>bow out and climb down the mountain the way I should've gone on the way up
That was a good day even though it was full of failure

probably entropic sage honestly, given the number of clauses and shapes and so on and so forth that avowed gets.

Don't forget to take the mystic assault and improved mystic assault feats! They enable way stronger full attacks!

Avowed is simpler because there's no resource pool.

You pick your stuff and then you just have it all day with no tracking at all.

Go Body Avowed so you can main Strength instead of Dex while maintaining a stellar AC. Use Steelfist Commando to grab Prescient Dodge for Charisma to AC as well. Stats should be STR=CHA>CON>DEX=INT>WIS

A fair argument too.

Neither is particularly hard to bookkeep honestly.

Argentum, the character itself is also from the legend, just genderbent and with an entirely overhauled backstory. A few of the story beats were from the original novel as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Boy

In the start of the current campaign I'm in, we were tasked with a missing persons case. Missing person was semi-murdered by a local armsdealer.

We cut a deal, where we pinned the death on a magical mishap, got cash from all sides, made contacts on both the respectable parts of society as well as the underworld, and even got to keep the magical object instrumental in the death.

CON should equal DEX which is greater than INT there, I'm sorry, I'm sleepy.

Got it. SoP doesn't look too bad, from the wiki synopsis on the "using spheres of power" page

I'll be sure to check out avowed more carefully as well then, because having STR as my primary stat does sound really nice.

That's a SoP feat line, right?

Yeah, SoP feat line, under general feats.

I was wondering why it sounded familiar.

3AM is getting to me. It's the real Cabal Hours.

strawpoll.me/13138369

im having a stroke and my phone is out of battery what do i do

get into a hallway/outside and call for help as best you can
flail and get someone to see you
fuck i don't know

i cant open my mouth
my head hurts fuck im gonna try

I don't see Body in the avowed playtest, only Self
Am I retarded?

Body is in Avowed 2 playtest under Subpacts

Normal Self pact doesn't play as well with an initiator who will be full attacking less

>Tales of RL Diplomancy and Bardicness
Here's another one.
>Final year of High School: Bard of the Final Year edition
>Bard class gets to do big music projects instead of the boring shit the others do, counts for more credits
>Class divides into groups according to what we want to do, I'm in the Musicals group
>Assemble a DIY musical with homebrew script and a pick of music from other musicals
>I am by far the only practiced writer in the group so I get complete script authority
>Curiously the most popular Chad in all of school is also in my group, pretty good guy but chronically popular with the ladies
>Use the power of diplomancy to gain the trust of the rest of the group that I know what I'm doing and my script is good
>Even do special training with Chad, good fun
>Day of the performance comes, teacher cockblocks my idea of using actual fucking swords (the ones we trained with) on stage so we have to use our wooden backups
>Still get to roll highest Perform (Sing) that day, and kill Chad's character in a swordfight duel about who gets both waifus at stake
I think I earned myself a fair amount of enemies that day.

>Be Fiendbound Marauder, Black Thorn Knight
>Negotiating with local knightly order for information and assistance
>Make reasonable argument
>Mfw DM tells me to roll Diplomacy
>Mfw I remember it's untrained and at 7 CHA
>Mfw I then followup the speech with "...or else"
>Intimidate check with +34 modifier

All I'm seeing in two is the betrothed, aspirant, and the race along with all the trait and feat options
I'm almost certain I'm being really dumb right now and I apologize for it

I am really stupid and sorry

Now, for some pathfinder stuff. This one isn't mine, though - it's a tale from my players. In my game.
It's a tale of caution.

>On the Boat
>Pirates be boarding
>The guys line up their stuff, start handing them their asses
>One of the guys we usually don't play with (who I replaced as a regular in the group, because of soon to be obvious reasons) decides to take his character and make the enemy surrender
>with Diplomacy
>He's a lv2 Sorcerer
>There's like at least 5 crossbowmen still standing, not mentioning the melee guys
>Almost fucking murdered where he stands, only survive thanks to healers on team
>still refuse to admit how fucking stupid of an idea it was afterward

That's how to NOT use diplomacy. At least in my games.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs

Let me know if I missed any and I'll add them to my list

So what I want to do is just take Channel 4 times, and maybe 3 Eruption, and then stack up on passive clauses with Inferno as my main modulation
Am I correct so far?

Pretty much.

You might not even need channel 3 or 4 if you don't plan on full attacking so much.

That whatnows?

Now that it's known how Trick Attack works (as a full action, make one attack and roll a skill check against a DC of 20+CR to gain 1d8 damage per each odd level, such as 1d8/2d8/3d8 at levels 1/3/5, etc.; in addition, you treat the enemy's *AC as 2 lower when you succeed on the skill check), I have another concern.
I believe such a formula is way too flat to be reasonably useful throughout the game.
First, let's imagine a level 1 Operative. Realistically, we can expect +4 DEX, 1 rank, and +3 class bonus in a skill for a total of +8. That means having to roll 13 or higher to get your main combat feature against a level 1 monster, which is oddly rare and doesn't sound fun.
Second, it's likely that, at high levels, similarly to Pathfinder, this DC will be really easy to meet due to there being ever more ways to boost skills, making the DC change from "too high" to "negligibly low" over the course of level progression.
For an example of the above assertion, a Sarcesian's stat block (using it for the example as it has trick attack) has +17 in its' highest trick attack eligible skills at CR 5, meaning it needs to roll a natural 8 to trick attack an equal-level creature, which sounds far more reasonable.

Dragon scale monk with Elemental Fist feat after she has Dragon Strike. Make her a tiefling or dragon-blooded sorcerer or bloodrager for maximum charisma effectiveness.

Hint: Yin Xue Hua already has that build without the dragon magic/blood.

What are the best schools of magic to spell focus as a sorcerer/wizard?

Why?

Conjuration because it's broken or Illusion because Shadow X spells are busted.

I was thinking conjuration. Grease, Glitterdust, Web, and Create Pit make my dick hard.

Abjurers make the best lovers because they understand boundaries.

How do you justify student of philosophy for martials? What about barbarians?

So how will The Demesne reach the stars? Will we have Dragons 3 when Starfinder comes out?

My money's on a "Family owned business" the size of a megacorp.

I'm really only seeking my own pleasure when it comes to love, but what are the highlights of abjuration?

>I'm really only seeking my own pleasure when it comes to love

Then you're an enchanter.

Quick question: does the Sarcesian have Skill focus, and why are you companies a CR 5 creature against a level one creature for a comparison of ability? One would think you'd use a level five person, which would have a skill rank of 5, +3 for class skill, skill focus for +3 more, and a dex bonus of at least +5 by that point for +16 against a DC 25, needing an 11 to gain +3d8 damage. This disparity decreases as you gain levels (for instance the skill focus bonus goes to +6 at 10 ranks, and you would also likely have taken the other skill enhancing feat for another +4, meaning your total would be 10+3+6+4+6 dex for +29 against a DC of 35, needing a six or better for +5d8 damage).

Well, barbarians is easy.

"What is best in life?"

On second thought, just looking at the CRB, abjuration is a great spell list, but I don't see a lot of utility for spell focus as it's mostly cast on allies.

Why give people the illusion of pleasure when I can summon monster a unicorn and have a fun time with it and banish it when I'm through with it?

But in all seriousness, enchantment is a great school of magic for spell focus as it has a lot of save or suck/die stuff, but I see some obvious limitations to it as a primary school of magic. I might pick it up as a secondary, though.

Because if it only takes you a maximum of two minutes to pleasure yourself with a conjured monster, you'll never please an actual woman.

You want to know where stamina lies? Illusion. All those concentration and imagination based magics make you perfect for loving.

Operatives get a bonus on ALL skill checks.

The my calculations are even more in favor of the operative.

>and why are you companies a CR 5 creature against a level one creature for a comparison of ability?
To show that the DC gets easier to meet with level. Duh.

I'm not interested in pleasuring a woman, that's her responsibility. As much as I love color spray, it drops off after 5HD. Silent image is solid thoroughout, but if we reach the point where we're making saving throws, I wasn't creative enough.

Once again though, like abjuration, illusion does not have a lot of spells with saving throws. I would personally just go with silent image and call it good for actual affecting illusions. Invis, blur, etc. don't have saving throws.

For martial it's easy. Most actual studied martial traditions required philosophical studies - Bushido, the Heraldic and Courtly Traditions for Knights, the Knights Laureate were granted their knighthood for the arts and learning, etc.

PSA:

Please don't try to convert Pathfinder classes to Starfinder DIRECTLY. If you're going to do conversions, be careful and mindful about it and try to work with the new paradigm with "short rests," resolve points, EAC/KAC, etc.

The last thing I want to see is some jackoff porting a Jolly kineticist or whatever the fuck and thinking it'll be okay even when "touch attacks" are a lot weaker because of EAC.

If you go with Spell Focus Illusion, you can craft Shadow Piercings. Also, phantasms (hallucination spells are amazing for confusing the enemy), images, Phantasmal Killer (the first true save or die, which gets the Spell Focus on both saves), and Shadow Evocation/Conjuration/Enchantment spells (which give access to all the spells on those three lists at the price of a single spell slot, giving you much greater versatility).

I will totally give you that in the long run, illusion does seem to kick ass with the shadow evoc/conj/ench spells. I'm starting from level 1 and probably going to hit the low teens, max. I don't want to have a build around these abilities and only be able to use them in the last two or three games. If I was starting out higher, if the campaign would last longer, then fuck yeah.

Picaroon with a cestus.. how do I make it work?

Then Evocation is your real best bet, as the low level conjurations don't have many save based spells either - they're mostly defenses and summoned monsters (which the only reason to take spell focus for is augmented summoning).

How do you not make it work? (Hint: Shielding Gauntlet Style is your friend.)

For sure, I might just pick up both. I know that scorching ray as a scroll isn't too bad, and my GM keeps us flush in wands and scrolls.

A cestus isnt a gauntlet user.. im confused.

Where were you when 1d810 damage weapons were confirmed for Starfinder?

Either Cestus or Gauntlet can be used with Shielding Gauntlet Style, which uses it to grant you a +1 shield bonus to AC when not attacking with it (until you get the third feat in the chain; the second feat gives you a war priests damage bonus at your level -4 with the cestus/gauntlet). You use the cestus against enemies in melee and use your gun against non-melee enemies (assuming you take the feat that prevents enemies in melee from getting AoO on you when firing in melee). Because it's a cestus, you can reload without issue.

All of her apps are "I'm an ancient being reincarnated as weaker because reasons".

So you're saying I should switch Yin Xue Hua's picture to a cuter one?

>inb4 CCC becomes an NPC while Itsuko is a PC and hunting the SmugElf down to get vengeance for Isao is one of the first quests
That would be a good end.

I need a picture of a nice thicc druid

>How do you justify student of philosophy for martials
>>>/fitlit/

For barbarians, it's all about the hunt. Might makes right. That's a system of ethics, right there.

>app.roll20.net/forum/post/5112384/character-thread/?pageforid=5144431#post-5144431

You invade the soul of a seemingly indifferent outsider and come across a chained up small child of a common race. What do

What are your predictions for what my players will do?

What's the perfect recipe for making a meme game?

Sending PM's.

>I can't play in this timeslot, I just desperately crave attention because I have an unfulfilling personal life.

What did he mean by this

>2hu
>high functioning
u w0t m8

Wist meant she can make a better app for a game she doesn't want to get into than whatever you can make when you actually try

>ERP
>Quirky Twist on something well known
>"It's like X but..."
>ERP
>Playing the Cabal like a damn fiddle
>Gestalt

>he

Isn't Wist a tranny?

Everyone on the internet defaults as a man until proven otherwise. You know this, dude.

Level 8 gestalt
Isekai with an abbreviated childhood
The gods are the Norse gods in exile from earth as well, Loki is the one who brought the pcs over
Elves rule the world with the enslaved, undead armies of humans past
Main good aligned race are succubi who get their magic from the human side of their bloodlines (comes from the gods)
Players are encouraged to knock up or get knocked up by as many succubus as they can

This. It's an exercise for her, and a hard fought, losing battle for you. Rinta was the same way. Top 3, arguably number 1 app, and Wist churned it out as a creative workout.

Something memorable. The gimmick needs pizzazz.

What if we took Wist's auto-accepted apps and then got 2hu to min-max the crunch so she could wipe the floor with the party?

How do you play the ERP cabal like a damn fiddle?

Make the application period long as fuck while the premise is cute and interesting, such as in Ensoulment.
The Cabal will eat each other over getting in.

Just comment every so often, get yourself known, then start shilling. Also behave like a submissive cute anime grill/bird.

What do any of these have to do with a meme game?

>Isekai with an abbreviated childhood
And what the hell is this kind of isekai?

Reborn in another world, but skip to them being old enough to go do shit

Was the Fluffy Tail 1/2 bamboozle the first major cabal fiddle-playing, before there was even a cabal?

Are there really isekais where the protags get reborn as babbies?

"Creative work out" aka attention whoring

>Tfw only started frequenting /pfg/ again recently since game died
>Tfw it's nothing but fetishplay and circlejerking anymore since most people have realized Pathfinder is shit but have nothing else to play