Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Da boyz are back Edition

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/5lf500/new_recaster_on_the_block/
3plusplus.net/2017/05/imperial-guard-leaks-hammer-emperor-finally-descends-8th-edition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone got a listbuilding excel/program for the new 8e point values and force org? I've been spoiled by Battlescribe.

Imagine Orks being top tier
It's easy if you try
Not riptides, Scatbikes, or barkfags
Just waaaagh until you cry

The other thread said that the first version of 8th files were up for battlescribe. Don't know where tho.

Does anyone have a valid email for alpharius the recaster?

Played my first small game yesterday. Power Level 33 Orks vs. Necrons.

Managed to git them off the table after turn 4 as we got stuck in quite the lengthy combat in account to him not managing to wound my boys with his warriors and them always bringing back a few dudes every turn.

How long would you say the match lasted? Any faster when compared to 7th?

Are you retarded?

No I want a valid email.

You mean the guy here?
reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/5lf500/new_recaster_on_the_block/

I think he only uses middlemen, due to being in a country filled with secret police and all that. Honestly, I wouldn't risk it.

I played IG vs. Necrons yesterday. They are insane! A unit of 20 warriors is god-tier

How do you guys find local players? The tabletop minions guy on YouTube was talking about tinder for gamers but I don't think there is one yet. I live in Gurnee IL. There's a local Gw I'm just gonna hit up soon but I feel stupid buying a whole army before I know if there are good people to game with.

You stupid fuck, his email is literally on reddit.

start small with either a shadow war kill team, or even a small point army of just an HQ and 2 troops. there have been many times new people come in with low point armies who are trying out the game that i play against, and help them with rules and all that jazz. if you dont find friendly people are your local bail on it and find another

>10 chaos terminators
>combi-bolters and power mauls
>370pts
>prescience
>40 bolter shots and 21 melee attacks
>11 Marines, 26 Orks, and 33 guardsmen

I'm going to try this out because it's fairly cheap for a pile of 2W 2+/5++ Ld9 models that can do significant amounts of damage to units. I don't expect it to kill it's points back directly, but it will certainly be enough of a distraction to indirectly earn it's points.

Implying I suck dicks on reddit like you. Go buy some more reddit gold, cocksucker.

I really can't say. We didn't have much on the board, but had to spend a lot of time flipping through the datasheets and since my opponent hasn't had a chance to look into the rules before, we also spend some time on that too.

Yeah, if you're going to pick on them, you gotta go full force or don't even try at all.

>I feel stupid buying a whole army
There's a reason for that... Even if you have local players, it doesn't sound like you know yet whether you (a) enjoy the game, (b) enjoy painting. And even if you do like painting, having a whole untainted army is... daunting. Baby steps, user. Start with a squad or two, a 'start collecting' box at most.

They fall to my trusty choppas all the same. In my three games of 8th, I've yet to see something stand up to a mob of 30 sluggas with a PK nob and WAAAGH banner without breaking, either getting wiped out or losing too many models to Leadership tests.

inb4 conscripts. Haven't faced them. Our only IG player quit halfway through 6th edition.

Can comissars no longer take chainswords and inquistors not take power admour?

Inqs can't take power armor, but you can take an Ordo Malleus one in terminator

My local GW store is having a 50 power level campaign directly after the release date, does this look as a viable Imperial list? It's 49 points total.
Battalion Detachment
HQ
Company Commander - 3
- Plasma Pistol
- Power Fist
Lord Commissar - 4
- Plasma Pistol
- Power Fist
TR
Militarum Tempestus Scions - 3
- Sergeant Plasma Pistol Power Fist
- 2x Meltagun
Tactical Squad - 5
- Sergeant Combi-Flamer Power Fist
- Missile Launcher
Infantry Squad - 3
- Sergeant Plasma Pistol Power Fist
- 1x Plasma gun
- 1x Vox-caster
HS
Manticore - 7
- Heavy Stubber
- Hunter-Killer Missile
Basilisk - 6
- Heavy Stubber
- Hunter-Killer Missile
Wyvern - 5
- Heavy Stubber
- Hunter-Killer Missile
36 Total
Vanguard Detachment
HQ
Tempestor Prime - 2
- Plasma Pistol
- Powerfist
EL
Command Squad - 3
- Medi-Pack
- 2x Plasma gun
- 1x Heavy Flamer
Tempestus Command Squad - 3
- Medi-Pack
- 3x Hot-Shot Volleygun
Vindicare Asssasin - 5
13 total

Is the crucible of malediction free on haemonculi?

Yeah saw that, bit of a bummer. What about commissars?

No

just load up on every option if you want to WAAC a powerlevel game. Power level is retarded.

How have you kept them from getting shot apart

Not him, but show me where the points are listed because it's not with the rest of the wargear.

They come with powerswords, but chainswords can be taken. They cost 0 pts.

Simple - have enough of them that the majority of armies simply don't have the firepower required to kill enough

Your formatting a shit.

It's listed as an option, but I can't see the points for it anywhere, therefore it is free?

>No reliable ways to fights hordes besides just hording up yourself or being lucky enough to have a decent ranged weapon in your army with lots of shots and spamming those
>30 Ork Boyz literally having up to 150 fucking attacks mowing down everything in their path for dirt cheap

Who thought this was a good idea? Please point me to the person.

Man, this is "An inquisitor may be a psyker" all over again.

No, the actual points list says it's 0. I just didn't post the image.

3plusplus.net/2017/05/imperial-guard-leaks-hammer-emperor-finally-descends-8th-edition/

Enjoy.

>Make a 1500 point infantry heavy guard army.
>It has 23 units.
>I will never have the first turn.

What a terrible idea.

this, I noticed it too. Most armies simply lack the volume of fire to keep Orks/Tyranids at bay, and with area weapons being gone it's going to be increasingly difficult to manage. It's going to be the machinegun edition. IG, with First Rank Fire can deal a severe amount of damage, though.

When is GW going to add in an LMG equivalent for imperial armies or a suppression mechanic?

You can squeeze a warboss with four 30 boy squads (let's say 2 slugga and 2 shoota boy squads) a bigmek with KFF, two painboys, a nob with a banner and two squads of 10 lootas in under 1500 points.

im in agreement, but from what ive heard from friends and people at my local game store, they like the idea of not having to count points. like, how fucking hard is it to write down points for 3 minutes then add them up on a calculator?

How the heck does "After resolving all damage, roll a D6 for every other unit within 6" of the target unit" work? Since it's after damage, there's a very, very good chance that the entire unit may be dead and no one is within 6". The damage itself may make the remaining models further than 6" away from other units.

In either case, however, that shouldn't effect how a friggin nuke like the Deathstrike Missile hits nearby targets. "Oh, you're nuke was too good, so it didn't actually hit anything around the target." Doesn't make a LICK of sense. It should specify units there "were" within 6" of the target.

I'm literally pointing out that there is no points cost listed for the crucible, you mong.

>mfw idiots defend power level because "it prevents WAAC and points are imbalanced anyway"

Are these retards unaware it's basically War Convocation free wargear, for every army, and they're opting out of it while giving the opponent the option to opt in?

1/6 chance still my friend. or is steal the iniative gone?

Umm, no it's not listed anywhere on the drukhari points list. Not even in the misc wargear section

And how is that link relevant to the conversation?

And I'm agreeing while commenting that this is the same with how inquisitors don't not have to pay for optionally being psykers, you mong.

any unit that once had multiple armour options has had them stripped out or moved to seperate statlines. This will either be a completely permanent thing ("guard ALWAYS get 5+") or more likely will be changed back to having more options when the codexes come out.

It's because it's easy to blame imbalance on points. PL is not free of any of the same problems. It's just simpler.

I'd argue that's different because it seems to be built into the inquisitor because he still get a thing for not being a psyker. This actually feels like an oversight because it's a yes/no option with literally no benefit for not taking it.

Seeing OrkS fuck up Marines in that MWG video was disgusting, especially the daisy chain bullshit.

Most armies simply don't have the rate of fire to kill enough.

I noticed it's especially painful for marines now that their bolters don't even take away our 6+ tshirt saves.

Flamers mean nothing to me. A single d6? That's 6 hits at best. Against 6 point models. Cool.

Bring more bolters.

If that don't work, bring even more bolters.

In fairness, that SM player had a retarded list and was playing like shit.

Whoops, I thought you were the IG guy. Anyway thats where I found all the leaks

>he still get a thing for not being a psyker
The "thing" is literally just a way shittier Deny The Witch Test - if you deny, the power still happens but he alone is unaffected. You strictly gain by being a psyker - both in having the power and having a better deny.

Maybe I'm blind, because I can't seem to find it

>daisy chain tactics
fuck that bothered me. How much of a powergamer must one be to use that kind of bullshit in a casual game? You're not going to appear cooler to the audience because you thought of that totally original and not at all rules-lawyery tactic.

exactly. The Centurions' twin flamers could be good with the appropriate use, but they're just too slow and expensive.

Also this. When you're facing a powergaming faggot you should tailor your list to face his army. The problem is, SM don't have a cheap and expendable unit to lock the Orks in combat while a rear line MGs the shit out of the rest of the force. With Overwatch still hitting on 6+, ork charges are absolutely deadly.

>Want to get into 8th edition after taking a break sice 5th
>Start making armies that I feel would be fun to play and look cool on the table
>Realize horde armies are going to be the new meta
>Realize that the lists I made would get completely decimated because of the way combat works now
>Would have to make gunline armies to stand a chance at having fun and not seeing my models just disappear from a million attacks

I guess I'll pass.

should have had a rule that you auto hit units over 15 or so to represent you having a very small chance to miss so many targets

>mfw when that dreadnought got completely devastated in one turn of combat

It's just not right I tell you.

Best to take two 5 man Custodes squads or one big 10 man squad?

600+ conscripts

Play Dark Eldar. Hordes will never reach you because you're fast as balls.

How will my Wraith Host fare in 8th ed and how should I improve it?

1995 POINTS
Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

Wraithknight (1) - 540pts
1 Wraithknight: Suncannon and scattershield,Titanic wraithbone fists,Titanic feet

Vanguard Detachment

Spiritseer (1) - 66pts
1 Spiritseer: WitchStaff,Shuriken pistol

Wraithguard (5) - 225pts
5 Wraithguard: Wraithguard fists,D-scythe

Wraithguard (6) - 270pts
6 Wraithguard: Wraithguard fists,D-scythe

Wraithblades (6) - 312pts
6 Wraithblade: Ghostaxe and Forceshield

Wraithlord (1) - 153pts
1 Wraithlord: 2 Shuriken catapults,2 Bright lances,Ghostglaive

Wave Serpent (1) - 143pts
1 Wave Serpent: Shuriken cannon,Twin shuriken cannon

For morale purposes, 10-man. That's 400 pts base, though. Good luck.

Which armies are 'elite' in the sense of having a relatively low model count?

And CW are faster. Seriously, wave serpents beat raiders now. Alternatively, use wyches to tarpit. That 4++, man.

Generally speaking this edition, shooting favors smaller units and melee favors bigger units. There are exceptions to the MSU shooting when it comes to unit buffs like First rank Second rank and Acts of Faith, but melee gets no benefit to having 2 units rather than one because your opponent can potentially burn 2 CP and swing in-between two smear units that charged.

So I started wondering what the exact odds of the SoB's Shield of Faith successfully denying a psychic power were. Luckily it's so specific that it's simple to add up. Here are the two conditions that need to be met for it to succeed against a warp charge 5 power:

>opponent rolls exactly 5 on a 2d6 (11.11% chance, requires 1+4, 2+3, 3+2, or 4+1)
>you roll a 6 on a d6 to deny afterwards (16.66% chance)

Odds of those last two both happening is 1.85%.

If your opponent chose a power that requires a 4 or higher instead, then you have a somewhere around 5-6% chance of successfully denying it I believe. Unless warp charge 3's exist, that's all you can attempt to deny, anything that requires a 6+ or higher fails by itself or is too high to deny.

So, always take Gayfax.

Custodes, Grey Knights, Death Watch, Primaris

Most armies have elite builds but the ones that are always elite by nature are Grey Knights, Custodes, and Imperial Knights.

Man, I mean I don't have an issue with the armies or anything but I've never looked into them so building lists for them would be completely foreign to me. No idea of their strengths or weaknesses but I'll give it a go.

Custodes, for one. Grey Knights, too. A 10-man paladin squad with 2 psycannons and a 5-manner with 1 psyc is over 600pts. You can also do what that one jackass did and run an all-tank IG army, or do 3 renegade knights with Magnus.

Have faith, Sister.

you realize you are basing everything on rules that arent even officially out yet? and codex's that are going to change how ever army plays still have yet to be released? and updated rules will be released via chapter approved in the winter?

Best to take two 5 man Custodes squads or one big 10 man squad?

It's easy to pass on 8E if the last edition you played was 5E.

That's like someone who was eating turkey and bacon burgers passing on a hamburger. The rest of us were force fed horse manure for 5 years.

>OH NO I HEARD RUMORS ABOUT THE META FROM Veeky Forums WHERE PEOPLE CAN'T PLAY FOR SHIT AND ARE NEVER CORRECT ABOUT ANY GAME EVER
>BETTER NEVER PLAY AGAIN

Smarten up kid

Can't watch the video right now.
What did he do exactly?

I remember when Veeky Forums claimed Riptides were shit and too expensive. Then same thing with the Stormsurge. And original Wraithknight.

Then I might get into the game at Christmas.

To actually arm them that 10 man squad is 520 points.

Custodes are expensive. But they do tend to pound face in melee (at least, looking at the unit info)

SM don't have anything killy enough in CC to deal with hordes either, unlike CSM who have berserkers.

And Imperial Knights

New player with a honest question.

Obviously I don't have game experience but there is something I want to know.

Nidzilla:

How can a playstyle with few, tough models be viable/able to work?

The entirety of the enemy's army shoots at them, even basic troops will knock off a wound or two of a Carnifex. Where am I missing Nidzilla's advantages?

>laughing death company

Harleys. Got no idea how they play out this edition though.

horde armies will be unwieldy, vulnerable to character sniping, and it's not hard to figure out how to make them evaporate quickly, even if you're not specifically tailored to fight them
don't listen to Veeky Forums, user, this shit is all theoryhammer that likely won't work out the way they think it will on the tabletop
Plus, the majority of players still do what you do, "making armies that I feel would be fun to play and look cool on the table," and WAACfags are quickly shunned in most LGS and clubs outside of the tournament crowd.

Ironically enough the horde armies themselves have best options for putting out volume of fire themselves. You need lots of shots, not a few big shots.

If the skitarii cancer guns hadn't been nerfed, they'd be ideal.

I'm not reading rumors from Veeky Forums, I'm pretty sure that'll be the meta just seeing the strengths and very few weaknesses of hordes right now.

I know what kinda armies I like and they just won't work against those armies and I play vs very waac fag players who will no doubt jump on the meta bandwagon. Everyone I know is talking horde this horde that.

I absolutely hate fighting horde armies and if that's all I see and it makes me make lists that I know I won't enjoy just to not be rolled why start playing? It'll be a waste of hundreds of dollars at this point.

Nidzilla was a top build in 5th edition. It was struggling in 6E and 7E. It's not as good as using gants and gaunts in 8E, but it's better than it was in 5E and is viable. However you likely won't want to be using devourers on everything.

There aren't really any advantages to playing Nidzilla in 8E over using smaller models and even the medium guys like Warriors. The only advantage you'd have is the statlines of the monstrous creatures, which is why it's not as good as those other builds. But it's not bad by any means.

Cry more retarded little baby.

Oh right, I forgot about unique snowflake marine chapters.

This looks like a lion pelt or something right?

>Another guy who hasn't played since 5th
>Wants to pick up starter and go a whole army of new upscaled marines
>Blood Angels current favourite for which chapter
>Like the idea that the new guys are reinforcing and rebuilding the broken and battered chapters (I think BAs count after their homeworld was attacked by a hive fleet?)

What am I doing right/wrong?

>tfw bought 37 cultists for $43.90

Ebay is a helluva drug

Not really, but there was a straight up fucking lion head in the earlier rumor engine.

For the standard commissar it says it can take up to two from the melee weapons list, and all that is listed is various power weapons, so it seems chainswords aren't available. They also lost krak and frag grenades

I seem to have upset you for not getting into the game you enjoy. Why is this?