Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1546: Wig Twisting Season Edtion

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

[Generic & Noncommital Shitposting Statement]

Reposting for more feedback!

In Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban what sort of feats can a level 10 Magician actually accomplish? Specifically how potent can their abilities be and what sort of magnitude does their magic have?

This jump makes me... melancholy.

We don't know

We just know that they're an order of magnitude stronger than Sage. And that they can easily kill gods.

Gods? Are we talking Norse level or the Abrahamic one's level?

It is uncertain, they can stomp all over world creating gods but we have no idea how combat capable said gods are so. . . fanwank. Most of the more powerful feats shown are done by someone below level 10 since none of the level 10 guys have a major role. Actually the feats shown for level 10 were lower than those for Sage, it was just the ease and casualness of them that was impressive.

So, did you decide against including a "sleeping reality warper" perk?

Wasn’t Mir also working on RIFTS?

Maybe? We don't know what the actual gods can do. We just a young one, and it took a level 8 warrior 3 days to kill him while he purposely was holding back and not regenerating at all.

Considering how big is their multiverse, gods could range from local norse/greek gods, to planar gods or multi-planar gods on the higher end.

No clue, they never fight one that we see. The only one that is even mentioned is stated that a party of high level adventures including a hero had to spend more than a year constantly wailing on an actively holding back god to achieve a hollow victory.

Several days not a year I think.

Three years, according to the translation I found.

>Like I would remove that aging thing from Half-Toons.
I think you are confusing Human-shaped Toons with Half-Toons. Half-Toons are basically half-mortal but can look like anything a Toon can be. There only issue is that they do have a fixed lifespan and age. They would be represented by "Slappy squirrel" from animaniacs. Also in one of her episodes her and skippy visited another old cartoon star who played "bambi" who temporarily shape-shifted into her younger-self but reverted in a few seconds and complained about the pain.

But the minor shapeshifting ability to do that is already a part of the "Quick Change" perk.

>This also explains how Mickey Mouse...
Actually I borrowed from the games (Epic Micky) for the explanation on this, there are multiple Drawn Toons, There is an Inkblot Micky and a Traditional Micky who are separate people.
Yeah, the original one got fired when the new one got drawn. It was the cause of the first Toon Riots, Inkblot Toons getting the boot as replacement colorized Toons got drawn.

So, is there anyone who didn't go mage in Hero BBS and collect a bunch of magic systems?

>A problem with this is even the old style ones don't all have the same level of immunity....
I'm not sure why you have an argumentative stance on this because you are basically agreeing with my previous explanation?
IE Toons have different level of resistances/durability, I think you might just be assuming that the various era's are getting all of the same abilities/resistances from that era but that's not what I was suggesting. They have different levels of resistances/abilities not just based on era but also just on an individual level. You could find inkblot Toons with a "Reality Warper" power but with nothing from the Inkblot-tree for example.
It's more of "These perks are typically found in this style of toons, then the other styles of toons" if you want to think of it that way.

> Betty Boops alongside new style Veronica Rabbit. Both are just as hard to kill
I'd disagree, we never see either of those getting chopped up into pieces like Tom and Jerry. Actually in Betty Boops cartoons she gets hit by breaking dish plates and gets knocked out by them. Which is why I think they have wildly-variable durability and power levels.

You as the jumper get to enter that sort of world basically as a top-tier Toon but you get to determine how durable you are and what powers you have via your perk selections.

I went Rogue.

S P E E D

As a Mage, I'm one buff away from matching or even exceeding your speed.

V E R S A T I L I T Y

>Going to yuki's world

When everything is heresy, nothing will be

No, it'll still be heresy.

Going with anything else is literally building Hero BBS wrong.

GRIM DAWN JUMP WHEN?!

So, what's more valuable in the Overlord jump; buying a heteromorphic race, or getting a few more talents?

That image last thread of big mom asking brook if he was dead, what chapter is that from?

Talents. Those things are amazing.

Depends on what you value. Certain talents are great, then again Het races get free levels. So a level 100 Het race would be like 130.

If it means anything, I also took Realm of Heroes on top of Level 100.

I really didn't care about the classes in Hero BBS, they are way to ambiguous to be worth any special thought.

Hmmmm.
I do not remember if I did go mage (I do remember that most companions went warrior or thief).

Anyway, I only collected about eight or so magical systems (without the starter one).

The rest of my time was spent enjoying some of the worlds and shit posting as well trolling those newbie heroes.

Lv100 = Lv100

Het or RoH + Lv120

All three = Lv140

>trained by yet to come
maybe I'm just having a brain fart but I don't understand this perk

Sonofabitch.

Het or RoH + Lv100 = Lv120

15 - Minecraft

>Background: Builder
>Biome: Cold Taiga
>Builder Perks: Crafting Table , Iron Chests , Not Enough Items Recipe Mode , Buildcraft , Railcraft , IndustrialCraft , Universal Electricity , Applied Energistics , Atomic Science , MFFS
>Other Perks: Multiplayer Server , Soul Shards
>Items: Compact Solar Array
>Drawbacks: Blocky Graphics , Scary Noises , Herobrine , Unlit Torches
>Future: ???

>"When you said you wanted to give them a world they could build for themselves, I knew this place would work."
>"They're... thriving. The villages pay them tribute in exchange for weapons and protection. The survivors of fallen villages even flee to the cities of the Red-Eyes."
>"That they are. And it's all thanks to you."
>"You seem pleased. Is... is something wrong? Have I somehow doomed them?"
>"Nothing of the sort. I'm proud of you. You made, dare I say it? The right choice. And without compromising that desire of yours, either. I'm sure... I'm sure Horakhty would be proud, too."
>"Do not be so quick to approach blasphemy. I may disappoint you yet."

Maybe you just gain ten years worth of skills when you use it?

But considering you are asking for the future to send you that knowledge, would it mean that you can just again for more ten years of even more refined training?

That's not how it works.

The level cap is always 100.

Taking Heteromoprh means that you have better stats but it comes with some form of weakness plus having less space to put jobs.

Realm of Heroes just means that you are a really skilled player with a min/maxed build, meaning that you have some gamebreaking skills (maybe you can one-shot other players at the cost of most of your mana bar) and probably superior stats or versatility due to super-secretive combos.

Depends on the race.
Some races are really worth taking, but others not so much.

Generally going slime and having an always on defence against fire is my favorite trick (Makes me really unkillable, until someone spreads my self all over them....and the floor and the walls and generally all over the place).

MWahahahahahahah.

But yeah...hey I just remembered that there was a slime protagonist once, a shame that setting was rather annoying at certain point for me.

So what were we talking about?
Ah yeah talents, if you are a crafter take them, they are worth more than a race.

Frankly in general the talents are worth more than a race, I would argue that they let you do shit thats really hard to find without a downside easilly. (Absurd plot armor tier luck, seriously Momonga is lucky in several ways...like having no face which is the ultimate poker face! Then bullshitting and abusing how naive the brats with him are).

>I have no imagination
No wonder you're a communistic Imperial fanboy.

Thats true about the level cap, but it's also a pointless statement. You are fundamentally better than the others, and the easiest way to explain that is to say 'Lv 140'.

I haven't even gotten into the hot mess that'll be.

Yuki is tote Het Strike-Chan. Well... unless Kyon changes gender I'd guess

Basically you are treated like you're being trained by an older you. To be exact a mentor from the future who knows exactly how to get the best out of your training in the abilities that you have.

also whats the Yasunori Chikata thing on the sword a reference to anyways?

>Mage

>Taking Heteromoprh means that you have better stats but it comes with some form of weakness plus having less space to put jobs.

>plus having less space to put jobs.

Hahahah. No.
The notes explain more about this part, read them.

The rest however is more or less acuratte.
Good work.

FASCIST TEARS DON'T MATTER

Don't cry, Strike-chan.
Here, have this gif.

So we never need books or teachers, even for unique magic techniques and the like,the knowledge just gets swished out of nowhere? That's real crazy.

Shalltear is probably the closest example of what mixing the three of them would look like in stats terms.

Among other things, she is a paladin (warrior+magic), she can use holy-type attacks even if she is an undead and can create a perfect clone of herself to fight with her once per day. She was pretty unbalanced and you needed to team up against her to defeat her, or know everything about her build and tactics and have a few game-breakers of your own like Momonga to be able to win in a one-on-one.

Except it really isn't. Even Touch Me, the 'bestest warrior ever' would never a lose a 1vs1, but would still be killed if you start adding more players.

In overlord, a 10 level difference can mean a huge stomp most of the time. The only exception being special monsters who were 90-something but due to the terrain and superior race stats could compete with level 100s.

>>If you purchase Realm of Heroes and Level One Hundred you’re particularly strong for a level one hundred person. This represents you having found or otherwise gained access to a series of classes that just give unfair bonuses and benefits. You’ll easily be at the midtier of the level one hundred Players even if you’re naked, and you’ll be in the Top 1% if you’ve got good equipment to match your raw ability.

>The purchase of a Heteromorphic race represents a pay to win style increase of ability. Effectively you have paid CP in order to ‘front load’ all of the racial powers and benefits of your race without having to ‘spend’ levels on racial levels in order to get them the regular way. This means that a level 100 with a heteromorphic race will, roughly, be on par physically/statswise with a level 100 that purchased Realm of Heroes, however the heteromorphic race also has a number of special abilities that tends to let them edge out the purestat boost of Realm of Heroes. This is intended, as it’s meant to balance the fact that locals can get Realm of Heroes for free, whereas Players only get a discount on heteromorphic races.

>If you purchase Level One Hundred, Realm of Heroes, AND a Heteromorphic race then you have effectively completely broken open the system, and will be substantially more powerful than people that are still working within said system, at least from a pure stats/abilities standpoint.

You know, thinking about it, all the girls in TMOHS are shit teir.

I don't know what that has to do with me :^)

yee

>The notes explain more about this part, read them.

I'm just talking about the series. The jump works under the assumption that if you bought every job perk, you would get a 'extra-special-secret-job class' that would give you all the skills and abilities that all the other jobs put together would give.

Maybe if you buy all the mage classes you get something like 'mage king' class or something like that, and it allows you to learn a metric shit-ton of spells.

Considering that the game had stuff like Dark Wisdom and whatever Touch Me build, I wouldn't be surprised that such things existed.

Shitty devs.

If Professor Paradox is here, I have a Soul Hackers question for you. If you are a Cyber, can your host body use your jumper powers, or are they all tied to your Cyber form?

Eh, it's more like having a template in D&D.

>at least from a pure stats/abilities standpoint

It's cool that you post everything, but your level would still be 100. You only get better skills and stats.

You might be something like the dragons, who had very very high stats, but you would still be capped at level 100 and you could still be killed if people stall ganging on you.

How would All Might react if one of my companions started using out of jump stuff to power up Deku? Like, Omega healing from Xmen Movies can permanently give the Beta version via blood transfer or something.

Also, I'm a villain by the way. Possibly with the endless suspicion drawback.

Hey can you cry in this cup? I'm thirsty and I need your tears to help sweeten this coffee.

Tadamichi 直方 can mean straightaway/honest/frank/fix/repair | person/alternative/direction and Kyousuke 恭典 can mean respect/reverent | law/rule/ceremony/code. Think how Kyon has affected Haruhi.

Mikuru Asahina is being trained by her elder to be the perfect time traveler because she is one of the best. So yeah closed loop time travel logic does odd things for the Time Traveling folk.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion I was merely pointing out that you were objectively wrong with your statement of Heresy.

>You know, thinking about it, all the girls in TMOHS are shit teir.

But that's wrong

Are we supposed to be impressed that you don't care?

Maybe put some sort of limit on that future learning thing? From what you describe, you can just learn any information you want, no matter how secret, as long as you can pass it off as coming from your future self that way. A the very least you should note it has to be something your future self could have known.

Hmmm.
The game was simply too big and flexible, with too many possibilities..

Yeah I agree with your spoiler.

(Though to be fair he got Dark Wisdom thanks to pushing for his roleplay build....which was also the kind of thing that the devs rewarded).

Also part of why Touch Me was so damn good, was because Warriors use their normal reflexes and his real ones were indeed very good. (The other part was most likely a p2w playstyle...maybe, we do not know about this part, but the other part about his reflexes was in the prequel sidestory).

That's already obvious in the perk, isn't it? Your future self can't teach you something they don't already know.

>Effectively you have paid CP in order to ‘front load’ all of the racial powers and benefits of your race without having to ‘spend’ levels on racial levels in order to get them the regular way.

Using your dragon as an example. Being a dragon would require you to take like so many racial levels to be an adult dragon. With cp you're basically getting all those without having to buy them.

So a Dragon who's a level 100 Mage, would have 100 levels of classes instead of 60-50 levels, and 50-40 levels of racial levels.

That's what we were pointing out. You're effectively over level 100.

Is anyone making a senran kagura jump?

We already have one?

We have one.

Hero Union BBS's Divine Charm (a 1UP amulet that break to prevent your death) + Sword Art Online's Immortal Object = infiite 1UPs as long as you wear it?

I'll do it yesterday.

Wow, is this new? Wasn't in the drive like 5 months ago

In Vampire Diaries is there any point in going anything other than Tribrid or Greatest Witch?

I'm looking at it now and still don't know how exactly we're meant to survive the Drawbacks needed to even purchase those, and undiscounted to boot.

Perhaps instead a limit that it's just for training and can't be used to get future knowledge or just find out secrets? I can sorta see how you could otherwise use the perk to chain or bootstrap your future self into finding out specific things you want to know that aren't linked to training. Want to know an enemy's weakness? Have your future self tell you. They don't know? Practice stealth or espionage a little and they'll gain ten years more training in it and can then find out that weakness for you from the future.

Just might be better to either limit it solely to actual training or buff the price, since otherwise it's like pretty amazing precog within ten years as well.

No. The divine charm wouldn't be able to break, but your death would still use it up.

It's been there for more then 5 months.

If it doesn't break, why would it prevent death?

>new
>5 months ago

Fair enough.

Eh, as said the time traveler you teaches you things you could get your hands on, given time. They're still you, just you in the future.

You've only got the ability for training, that's what you've got permissions for by the logic of the perk. Using it for other things would take you actively using Time Travel instead of just leaning on the perk to get things done for you.

Describe your Nen to me, /jc/.

Also, scarlet eyes y/n?

...Actually, sure. Red eyes. Don't even know what those are anymore (it's been a long damn time), but in my eternal quest to fake the sharigan, I might as well get some.

Be honest with me

Did you really want a season of TDOYN, or were you a little bit disappointed that the "new season of Haruhi Suzumiya" focused on a spin off LN?

It's not too late to see the heresy of your ways and switch to the true cannon of weeaboos and otaku.

>Haruhi
First world problems girl
>Yuki Nagato
A dead fish
>Mikuru Asahina
A well stacked airhead
>Kyon-kun Denwa
Doesn't even have a name
>Ryoko Asakura
Yandere trash
>Tsuruya
Not enough screen time

Debate me

Yes

I sure wish this was a better jump.

It shit, the buff isn't actually that good when you think about it. It gives you max strength in all nen types under certain conditions. Which means you have to do the cardinal sin of training up all nen types, you probably won't be training with it active though so why bother?

So I guess Data Overmind turns you into a Data Integration Thought Entity. Are you still one single mind? If your soul wouldn't normally need a body to interact with the world (e.g. the Heaven's Feel ritual) would you be gone without an interface. Can you control your old body and use it as an interface as if you didn't take the perk? Does my soul now live in some alternate plane of reality separate from the physical world? Can I transfer my entire mind to a past or future self or just information? It must be really weird to be able to communicate with other me's from the timeline. Does this make me a bit of a hive mind?

Is there any better single charisma perk than Charisma EX? Valeria described it as such;:
>Something bordering on mind control I'd imagine. If not just being mind control through sheer force of personality. You could pretty much tell people to do things and they'd do them. Even those with enough will to resist, a rare prospect, would find it near impossible to not like you and be at least a little influenced by you. It'd also take a lot more to negate your charisma in terms of other Servant Skills or abilities.

Unlike Kurapika, you can't active them at will, so they're shit. Spend your CP on better stuff, like literally becoming Meruem.

I wish that about Transformers too. Sadly neither of us will get what we want.

Well, I don't want to discuss this anymore with you, because you're clearly not getting it.

>Also part of why Touch Me was so damn good, was because Warriors use their normal reflexes and his real ones were indeed very good. (The other part was most likely a p2w playstyle...maybe, we do not know about this part, but the other part about his reflexes was in the prequel sidestory).
Well, he had an attack that could insta-kill groups and ignored durability... Although we don't know if that was part of the World Champion class or he got it earlier.

I'm feeling you guys. Even though FoZ is up for revision, nobody seems to want to do it, and I've got the creativity and drive of a potato.

>Unlike Kurapika, you can't active them at will,

Except he can't do that either? The transformation is tied to his emotions.

Well, you looked like a huge dickhead when you said you didn't care. The classes are vague on purpose to let people use their own unique ideas. It is a parody manga as well. Could you not tell from the jump?

In that case, name three things wrong with it, and/or that you wish it had.

Inspire me.

Hi guys. I have a question for all ya'all.

I recently stumbled across a lewd jump, called Lewd jump, and found a fantastic perk in it. But I don't want to use a lewd jump for my chain, so I am hoping someone here will be able to direct me to another jump that has a comparable perk.

The perk is
>Generosity (300cp) Loved ones provide for each other. This could be your own health, the benefit of a protective spell cast upon yourself or even the ammo for your lightning gun. Whatever you decide to share is distributed equally among any number of companions. You are weakened while they recover, your shield weakens while they become protected, your gun loses some of its remaining energy while theirs is recharged, etc.

If anyone could point me to something similar in a non-lewd jump, that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

>tfw I know this canon like the back of my hand and it doesn't give me brain cancer like Umineko does

This brings back a lot of memories and I am looking forward to this being done. Even if I'll inevitably ONORE things up without meaning to.

Captcha that's a skirt not shorts ARE YOU TRYING TO BULLY ME, TOO?!

Silly user
I AM a huge dickhead

It was a parody post, couldn't you tell?

What's wrong with it exactly? Yeah, it's got all the hallmarks of early Jumpchain, what with literally giving you canon characters Hatsu instead of the author coming up with their own, but I'm not seeing anything really horrible about it.

From the Wikia.

>"In Kurapika's case, when his eyes turn scarlet, his aura also increases and he becomes a Specialist, which allows him to activate Emperor Time. At some point during his search for his clansmen's eyes, Kurapika has learned to turn his eyes scarlet at will."

>I was only pretending to be a dumbass

I wish you'd MAKE SUPERGIRL

>Can't get it, so claims other people can't get it. Thinks that is a flawless argument that successfully hides that he was wrong/stupid.
>Dumb but really wants to pretend other people are stupider than him.

>Well, I don't want to discuss this anymore with you, because you're clearly not getting it.
Get off your high horse. Even though a Jumper would still be level 100 of they bought all those perks, they would effectively have the power of an imaginary level 140 character.

When have you last read HxH? He's been able to do that for a long time.

Give me some time to read through it again. The one thing I remember right now is that it had totally OC stuff in it.

That is one tasty perk. Great for supporting your companions or allies. Sorry, I don't remember seeing anything like this in the non-lewd jumps.

Huh. Well that's what lack of screen time does, people don't realize this kind of thing. Did the author straight up say you couldn't do that though?

Even so, I'm not seeing it as a huge drawback. If nothing else, it applies to ALL emotions, so neat bedroom trick.

>Be honest with me
More of anything related to Haruhi Suzumiya might increase intrastate. So I'm all for it.

>Debate me
I don't need to banter opinons Strike-Chan.

Data Overmind turns you into a DITE on the level of the 'Ghosts' from the Novels. So yeah still a single mind, no you don't need an Interface but it's the way you interact with stuff, yeah you can control your old body and use it as an Interface, how you exist is really up for debate but basically you're a info-morph slightly separate from reality. You can only sync your timeline up to the 'present' so other than other people time traveling the ability is going to be underused. About the hive mind thing... no more than the fact that all information you process is actually being passed to you via neurological activity.

Glad you like it HeavenAnon.