What's Veeky Forums's favorite?

what's Veeky Forums's favorite?

What the fuck is "punk" about flying pyramids, sounds like the ancient equivalent of cogfoppery. If it doesn't focus on the underclass, with flying pyramids only representing how high the nobility is above the populace, it's not punk.
And how is Panem retro-futuristic, the books didn't go into that much detail and the films were very straightforward standard hollywood sci-fi aesthetic. If the example was stargate or something, I'd understand, but Panem? No idea what you're on about there.

Good job.

for subatomic ants

shamfu dispray

Is TES really low fantasy? With wizard giulds and shiet
and DF has areas regularly swarmed by skeleton elephants

Presumably they mean 'low fantasy' as in 'gritty'.

Atompunk is for ants?

>ASOIAF
>dark fantasy
It fits the descripton of low fantasy much better.

>the bible

Not punk
Not punk

"Punk" isn't just retro-futurism, that's why we have the unrelated term retro-futurism. And steampunk didn't come first, Cyberpunk came first. Cyberpunk extrapolated the increased mechanisation of labor, expanding populations and inflating crime rates to their logical extremes, you have giga-cities that are full of unemployed criminals, under the feet of the few actually powerful people in the world. You can see where both the cyber and punk fit in to that.

Steampunk was the idea of taking those structure and themes, and porting them into a victorian setting, where again, large technological advances was causing huge upheavals in the workforce and the class divide was widening. Good examples of steampunk are the Bas-Lag series and Dishonoured. Not Wild Wild West. It was after the genre was established that the retro-futuristic aesthetic became popular, and so people started referring anything even tangentially looking like futuristic steam tech as steampunk, even if it was clockwork and had nothing to do with class struggle. Hence the term cogfoppery.
Just fucking call it "50's era retro aesthetic" or "Ancient egyptians with spaceships", it's easier to understand, doesn't sound retarded and doesn't shit on the punk element.
Oh, and soft science low fantasy. Dune is the shit.

Atompunk is on the atomic level.

>a dude beats an angel in a wrestling match

>This entire shitposting
Son, this is not deviantart. Go back to your hugbox and don't return.

>a high level cleric divides the red sea

>it's more fun this way

>the bible

Kek

WHERE THE FUCK DO THE ADDITIONAL GLASSES KEEP COMING FROM

This is completely inaccurate. Steampunk was coined to refer to 'victorian fantasies' by K. W. Jeter.
It was never intended to refer to some sort of retro futuristic cyberpunk equivalent.
Any ideas about social rebellion and class conflict were later additions.

I do enjoy Sandal"""punk""" I guess.

Read Old Testament. It's leaking testosterone and makes bits from other, contemporary religions look tamed and low-key when compared. Only maybe Hindu myths are more absurd with heroic stuff

Flying pyramids and razor-sharpening pyramids were 1960s/70s memes.

Hindu mythology is basically a shonen anime.

>I don't understand the concept of Retrofuturism: The Series

>I know shit about wuxia: The Post

just like how faggot, cuck, and weeb mean absolutely nothing these days, neither does "punk".

So complaining about how "this is not punk" is just as literally meaningless as complaining that literally does not mean literally anymore.

The entirety of middle and east asian mythology is
>India keeps raving about twenty gorrillion gigaarms destroying fifteen hundred thousand universes per attosecond
>China keeps trying to win every powerlevel argument with BUT MUH WUKONG
>Japan is filled to the brim with edge and waifus

>Asterix
wat

who is this qt
I feel like I remember her from somewhere

And magical ballsack racoons.

Bullshit, but it's not like any of this is important.
Watch what you like, read what you like, be sure you agree on the meaning of all those names with the person you're talking to. That's what really matters.

he wanted to fuck a manatee?

Anne-chan/Vamirio-sama from the manga Helck. She's a treasure.

Japan is basically full That Guy territory.

>Helck
oh fuck I remember this manga
it was fucking great, I need to catch up

It's grorious

the post-cyberpunk bit is kind of bullshit

TES doesn't take place on Earth so it's High Fantasy by default.

Yeah It's really fun. Prepare for a lot of funny moments. I mean, it's a gag manga after all

I don't like what you are doing.

fuck you

And Obelix user, keep up.

>Journey to the West
>Wuxia
Wat.

Chinese fiction is garbage. Historical and otherwise.

No wonder they love Transformers, it's a step up.

I mean, have you read it? Important fights always are full blown DBZ shit

Xianxia is what Journey to the West is, as is DBZ especially considering the original Dragonball is based on Journey to the West.
Xianxia is, effectively, the "high fantasy" to Wuxia's "low fantasy".
It's not a 100% accurate comparison, but it gets the idea across.

>I also don't know what wuxia is: The Supplement

>all these punks
>no primal punk

Wukong can utterly destroy anyone from your shitty gweilo fiction.
>Can leap across infinity
>One with the universe
>72 entire transformations
>Equal to Heaven
>20 miles tall on a bad day

How can godlets even compete?

Shut up faggot poser

i was just about to ask what low fantasy includes if TES is low fantasy

Low Fantasy means "the story takes place in Earth".

bioshock: infinite is straight dieselpunk what the fuck

>a rather vauge[sic] one this
It's not vague at all and this retard has the wrong of it entirely. Set in our world = low fantasy, set in another world = high fantasy. Game of Thrones and Elder Scrolls are high fantasy, Neverwhere and Lord of the Rings are low fantasy. I'm not positive about dorfort and idk what that weeb shit is, but Skyrim and Discworld are both high while LotR is low (which most people don't realise even if they know the proper definitions, but Tolkien confirmed that it's set in ancient Europe).

TES is scifan as well, it has STRONG scifi elements if you dig any deeper than the first hour of any of the games besides Arena and magic is treated as an extra set of physical laws rather than a mysterious force of mystery.

Basically I don't even give a fuck about the misuse of the -punk term but this shit's still pretty bad imo.

>two of God's prophets were a mad wizard (the second prophet inherited a significant portion the first prophet's soul)
>resurrected the dead, multiplied oil and flour infinitely, dropped fireballs on armies' heads, cursed Jezebel to be eaten by her own hounds, summoned wild bears to tear apart delinquents who made fun of his baldness et cetera
>theologists theorise that this soul was also passed down to Jesus which is why he does shit like fling potent curses at trees, resurrect the dead and transmute liquids
Also don't forget that while its canonical nature has historically been contested Revelations is generally considered canonical and features Jesus turning his tongue into a sword among other extremely metal shit.

DBZ is literally Journey to the West fanfiction, that's not even a secret or anything. I like magical golden ragemonkeys but DBZ is a pretty lame take on it.

This is best fantasy, prove me wrong

also i think Dark Souls and Warhammer should fit in here

The only good one is Solarpunk

>discworld
>low fantasy
What the fuck. It's satirical high fantasy.

Lord of the Rings is set on earth?

>Artificial dichotomy between cyberpunk and post cyberpunk

REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

>Rocketeer and Captain America
somewhat
>BTAS
nigga what

Usually the ants are giant though.

It's literally Christian facfiction

>doesn't list Warhammer 40k, the icon of Science Fantasy

Yeah. We're living in the age of man after magic has faded from the world.

Are you perhaps getting Tolkien confused with his good friend Lewis?

Urban Fantasy not mentioning Dresden Files?

I guess he moronically thinks it is because the Art Deco look of the buildings and the tommyguns the bad guys use that contrast with some the high tech toys Batman uses like computers and jets.

c'mon Veeky Forums, don't fight over nomenclature, what's your favorite setting?? Is it this one??

Punk is a meme now.

can you really call this punk and not just Prehistoric Fantasy? because there is nothing really alternative about this

>Those jagged edges between fill and line
>on every fucking image
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would have said that the artist is trying to avoid mentioning utter trash but Baccano! is up there so I don't know what to tell you.

Is there a such thing as Faggot Punk?

fagpunk? it's rare user

>Prepare for a lot of funny moments.
I came back just to say fuck you

40k is Dark Science Fantasy. I think.

40k is a gay comedy though.

It's literally Adam Sandler's: Broke Back Mountain in Space staring Jim Cary and Micheal Jordan.

Meanwhile Northern Mediterannean Mythology is basically a Soap Opera.

I like how Amaterasu and Susanoo basically define Japan - one is the Sun Waifu, the other the Sea Edge; and they're sibilings.

>cogfoppery

lol it's one of these guys. I bet he thinks "real" steampunk is communism with cogs.

What a fucking retarded thread, are we being invaded by reddit or just morons?

>MLP: FIM