Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Parthinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Mercenary Company Edition: Tell us about the merc company you plan to found in your first starfinder game.

Link repository, could really use an update: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_YgZUGiROPgK3qDj2lE3akp7Hb_CnQQ7u5nlFjpRRd16_BA/viewform?usp=sf_link
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/enlightened-paladin-paladin-archetype/
pathfindercommunity.net/classes/prestige-classes/champion-of-irori.
d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/champion-of-the-enlightened/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Golden Company, they all wear gilded armor and their motto is, "Good as Gold." They never back out of a signed contract, no matter how hideous!

Gimmie more responses to the Ensoulment poll

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_YgZUGiROPgK3qDj2lE3akp7Hb_CnQQ7u5nlFjpRRd16_BA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Hellknights don't found vigilantes, they end them.

"A Lannister always pays his debts"

Can't see it right now, what are the current results?

Thanks, user.

What's the best way to make a Hellknight like me?

Ask him if you can suck his dick

Offer him your boipussy.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Which meme app is your fetish?

Subdue, physically assert dominance.

I like fluffy tails and big tits

So Mira it is

Reminder.

What happened to /pfg/? I'm not familiar with Starfinder, but it sounds sci-fi.

Over the line!

Have ya'll ever had one of those moments where, you're just doing something and suddenly inspiration just hits you like a sack of bricks, and you get struck with possibly your best character idea yet?

I just had that and, lemme tell you, it feels real good.

On a related note, anyone here have any information on the Empyreal Lord Pulura? Like what her doctrine and all the other fluff stuff? The wiki has basically nothing

Here we go again. Can't keep your greasy hand off the new thread.

Operator, operator! Gimme the booty!

I don't think he'll like that.

I am a girl.

Strength not high enough to subdue him.

Check the reference on the wiki and find those books.

Go up to him with a shirt that says "Devils rule, demons drool" on the front and "Axiomatic Life" on the back side and ask him about rules.

Dude, I have the same feeling for a character that might be similar to yours.

Pulura is the Goddess of the Stars and once chiefest of deities in Sarkoris, the homeland of the Kellid people. Her holy animal is the firefly and she was seen as the comforting cold while her ice giant counterpart was the harsh keening wind.

Very Celtic, I think she's even got a Stonehenge for her.

So real quick question but if I'm under the effects of Blink as a Magus, can I use the Ectoplasmic Spell metamagic to negate the 20% chance that I don't hit the enemy?

Correct.

Starfinder is Paizo's attempt to get into a new market. So far, it seems pretty decent rules wise and has some neat setting details.

We at /pgg/ will use this to bring you brain-in-a-jar mercs defending giant Kitsuné wanna-be pop icons

Smile, guys love it when you smile at them. If he's open to it, touch his muscles and compliment his figure, maybe even make a sly comment about his prowess on and off the field.

Guys love it when a woman bathes them in attention. They like it even more when that attention suggests sex.

>Strength not high enough to subdue him.
Get creative. Strength potion, potion of growth, attribute boosting equipment, paralysis, etc. Hell, a humble Sleep plus a length of rope may do. Make sure to do this at the right time, at leisure, when it doesn't jeopardize any task of importance, but be thorough and unrelenting.

I dunno how close yours might be. Is yours An Oread Void Wizard/Stargazer who is based off of Pink Floyd's Shine on You Crazy Diamond?

N-no.

If I slip a potion of Charm Person into my date's drink is it rape?

Only if they're conscious.

First you would need to figure out how the fuck you are going to get a charm person into a potion since potions are generally stuff reserved for healing and buffing and if you drink a potion of charm person it would be you charming yourself.

Yes. Hence why Enchanters are always the creepiest form of caster

Are they getting off on it?

This...might work.

Isn't that breaking some rules? I have no idea what the laws are concerning touching a Hellknight. There's probably like, 5.

I think keeping a Hellknight from his duty is illegal...Iit wouldn't be hard to get my hands on magical items...But I don't think that'll get him to like me.

I thought they were all about rules and Devils and stuff.

Flirting isn't going to break any rules, anymore than dating or having sex with a hellknight will.

Blatantly ripping off of media characters is totally okay right? People are fine with !Reimu right?

Because I have a rip-off I want to play and I'm wondering if it's kosher.

Depends on how good you are at ripping, matey.

>I thought they were all about rules and Devils and stuff.
Yes. In another words, it's about order and power. Respecting their order and demonstrating your own power should impress one alright.
They may later try to pay you back in kind, but that's part of the fun.

We are talking Pathfinder. Everything is ripped off from something so a character that is not!Aragorn would be right at home in Pathfinder.

Shouldn't the text above the arrow say "DR 15/Lawful" for added gameplay references?

>"DR 15/Lawful"
But user, that's on the backside

Their lore is that when they were established they took inspiration from the armies of hell and in the cases of some orders directly from certain types of devils to forge them into a more orderly organization.

Except for belier devils. Those fat three headed fuckers can go stick those tongues of theirs into an omox demon spawning pit.

One of our biggest memesters steals from Game of Thrones and people seem to like it.

>agonize over what magic items to take for hours
>take a break by going through mundane items
>having a blast just snagging whatever the fuck I feel like because it's cheap and fun

I don't know what I'm even gonna do with half this shit, but I'm already having fun with it!

hope you GM doesn't enforce weight limits

My secret is that I'm strength based

So my Starfinder game about working off your debt to an interstellar corp by taking dangerous jobs will be called Takin' Care of Business. I figure until I get my hands on the rules I'll just use Pathfinder to design interesting encounters and missions. I've got a few ideas so far.

Welcome to the party, free of magical item bullshit!

That sounds fun! Do said jobs involve other megacorporations or uppity natives?

Both. Everything from product testing extremely risky tech stolen from a competitor to stopping a strike by bugbear laborers on a gigantic plantation planet.

The Crystal Cats.
Their leader is a grizzled catgirl who always wears an eyepatch which is just for style, because it's actually a HUD. The organization has a penchant for recruiting on the field

Am I dumb for wanting to take altered life, unnatural resilience, noble scion (war), the cha to attack and damage with starknives, and take a cha in place of AC and reflex revelation?

Not really?

does Romance of the Righteous Kingdoms still run?

Not really. People like keeping the meme alive, or the idea of daddy bullshit, or they just like the player OOC and want to give him a free pass.

>People
Mostly just Slow samefagging, really.

How does Globe of Invulnerability interact with Spheres of Power effects?

For the purpose of stuff that works off spell level, sphere effects are considered to have a spell level equal to half the CL of the effect.

So I've never tried Pathfinder (or rpgs in general besides a brief GURPS campaign eons ago), but I got invited into a campaign my buddy wants to DM. Its one of those pre made campaigns, set in like spooky haunted Russia or some jive.

I wanted to roll up a necromancer, because it seemed in theme and I just fucking love skeletons. But my GM wasn't familiar with the best way to make one. Looking online it seemed there were a ton of conflicting opinions on what classes were best, or what feats/skills were good or misleading.

So what is the best route for churning out the undead?

Undead Lord Cleric.
Also Welcome to Pathfinder, I'm sorry for you

Cleric or Juju Oracle are your best bets, but Occultist can do a weaker form of it from the jump and Wizard/Arcanist are always an option.

Desecrate the area before you make dudes.

Focus on quality over quantity.

Remember to have negative energy something so you can patch up your dudes.

Bloody Skeletons and Fast Zombies are Real Good.

Get something that can fly undeaded ASAP.

Has any GM ever done that?

This dude's advice is all pretty good.

I also quite like Gravecrawler Witches.

Occultist

How do I make a Str based unarmed striker?

Is a punch knight viable?

Sorry, Gravewalker, not Gravecrawler.

I mean, Iroran Paladin is literally a punch knight. If you're also willing to branch out into DCOradin territory, you can do some really dank meme shit.

If you create someone with STR as a dump stat, then they should.

What is a DCOradin?

If you need to ask, it probably is not.

God, how I wish for a WotR campaign.

Is there a kineticist archetype(first or third party) that excels at melee combat?

DC Dual-Cursed
Oradin Oracle/Paladin
In this case, DCIroradin because you combo Dual-Cursed oracle with Iroran Paladin
It's a fucking shitshow I tell ya

>running a WotR campaign
>player just dropped out
>have no plans to recruit more =^]

Is there even an archetype for being a Paladin of Irori or is this purely a lore thing?

It's also known as Enlightened Paladin on d20pfsrd. But yes, there is.

Yes, there's an archetype for it
It's called Enlightened paladin on the SRD
They switch out their auras and armor proficiency
For FIST and CHArmor bonus as long as they're in Light or no armor
And they get "increase the amount of rerolls you get"-aura
Dual-cursed oracle makes people reroll shit
It's a dumbass silly combo

There is. Iroran Paladin. It kinda sucks
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/enlightened-paladin-paladin-archetype/

Ironically it's not compatible with the Paladin/Monk prestige class.

Why not go all the way; Dual-Cursed Oracle/Sacred Servant Oath of Vengeance Paladin of Irori! Take feats to learn Broken Blade from PoW, eventually working up to Advanced Study.

There is a prc for that?

By itself, it's pretty mediocre, yes.
If combined with DC Oracle and/or a friendly Witch/Shaman slinging Fortune around, you are in for one hell of a ride of assfucking the GM's results.

And I thought this was retarded.

Does Confident Defense (Ex) stack with Sidestep Secret (Su) ?

But... What level are you guys at? What's the party composition?

Yup. Champion of Irori, from Paths of Prestige
pathfindercommunity.net/classes/prestige-classes/champion-of-irori. Kinda cool desu

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/champion-of-the-enlightened/
Which requires smite evil.
>d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/enlightened-paladin-paladin-archetype/
Replaces smite evil.

Elemental Knight arguably

Level 4 almost 5; Bard (Rubato) Mystic Warder Warlord

>God, how I wish for a WotR campaign.

I really have a hard time figuring out how people can think this way.

It honestly isn't that bad outside of /pol/ memes.

There's not much thinking involved. They just want to bang Arueshalae.

>/pol/ memes

I'm not even sure what you mean by that, but Wrath of the Righteous is a terrible adventure and Mythic is awful.

Considering that even Trans people hate how hamhanded the first book is, I'm inclined to disbelieve it is merely /pol/ boogiemen.

Also, Trumpets

To put it loosely, the idea I have going is that the PCs will be assembled via a mutual contact with an old friend of theirs initially and slowly find themselves drawn into a conflict between two cults operating within the upper levels of several corporations as well as Starfinder itself

It's not and Mythic is wonderful to those who don't see it as another system to conquer.

Oh please shut up, those Trans people were fed the facts filtered by fuckwits here with an agenda. We've posted extensively the genuine pages of the AP and the consensus was revealed that the Trans people were harmless and safe.

If your DM is even the least bit competent, they would know to throw all that DJW shit out. Mythic is still a fucking mess though.

Kinetic duelist, kinetic lancer, elemental Ascetic, and kinetic knight

>t. Amber Scott

None of my players even realize Anevia was a man nor seem to care that she's a gay woman now so its like, whatever.

She was piggybacked on one player during a combat and put arrows into baddies. That's good enough in their book.