mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

First for 8th edition Ork Edition

Last night people were working out Ork Boys vs Conscripts mathhammer. Did they reach any conclusions?

here a good way to start the thread, name one unit Veeky Forums thinks has gone from "zero to hero" in the jump from 7th- 8th

>brushes always develop a little hook, where the bristles curve
Why? I don't keep paint on them for more than a minute or 2 between dipping them in water and "drawing" lightly on a napkin to clean them off.

Are armypainter brushes shit tier or something?

So who's the best chinaman, Z or Alpharius? Or someone else entirely?

Fire warriors will break the meta

Yes.

>ork boyz vs conscript math hammer
god i love 8th so much already

Hellblasters

whatever the results are it will be enough blood to please Khorne

shadowsword went from a small pie plate that would need a lucky six to kill something to what it is in the lore, able to cripple or even kill a knight titan in one shot

Anyone else hate the primaris helmet style?

I like beakies and the regular old helmet style better.

Alpharius is ruskie, I think.

Regardless, Alpha is almost always just FW stuff (and better for it). Z for everything else.

I bought 30 sisters off him that were pretty decent for 30 fucking bucks. Maybe ~5 were pretty bad? mostly the faces, which I cut off and replaced with other heads anyway.

Thoughts on list? Worried it's lacking anti vehicle stuff personally. Could maybe downscale a bit and get an exalted sorcerer with 5 rubrics, all with flamers in a land raider, but it does seem a bit too many eggs in one basket.

Ahriman on Disc 166

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with twin malefic talon and warp bolter 165

5 Scarab Occult Terminators with Soulreaper Cannon and Hellfyre Missiles 266

Helbrute with twin lascannon and helbrute fist with combi bolter 164

Helbrute with twin lascannon and power scourge 165

10 Tzaangors with Tzaangor Blades and Instrument of Chaos 70

10 Tzaangors with Tzaangor Blades and Instrument of Chaos 70

10 Rubric Marines with Soulreaper Cannon and Warpflamer

Rhino with Havoc Launcher and Combi Bolter 83

Rhino with Havoc Launcher and Combi Bolter 83

Total points for army 2000

Sanguinary Guard

Nope, it's my favourite one. Too bad I don't play Loyalists.

So I just finished Dead Men Walking and boy was it emotionally draining. Good, but draining. Has Steve Lyons worked on any other books?

So I'm getting back into 40k now that 8'th seems to be unfucking everything, and I have a few of the old metal models from the Inquisitor game back in the early 2000's. Would Artemis or Tyrus make a good proxy for Roboute Guilliman? I really don't like the look of his model, it's too bilngy

Heads are still compatible I think

I quite like it, makes sense to have a bit of protection for the filter rather than just having it out in the open
I don't think Alpharius is a chink, then again I might be wrong
Ork Boyz :^)

>old helmet style

Primaris Marines use mkIV Maximus style helmet. Beakies were mkVI.

pic related

Down amongst the dead men, still about kriegers, still depressing, but a short story

How well trained is a Space Marine in close combat? Are they versed in martial arts, or just enough to operate their weapons effectively?

I've replaced all mine with other helmets, and a tiny bit of green-stuff under the head-placement to lift it up a little bit.

>old helmet style
I mean this style

At least in the HH books, Astartes trained extensively for CC, via sparring matches etc.

They spend literally their whole life training in all forms of combat, they're fluffwise excellent in melee

Hellions are amazing now with a 14" move and an extra attack.
Or how about 16" with drugs? Or Str 5?
I'm excited for my little Green Goblins to be good.

Pretty well trained, they go toe to toe with eldar on occasion.

Anyone know any good shapeways store (or anywhere else) that sells good helmet replacements that fit space marines?

Puppetswar and maxmini are my favorite, but there's a whole list in WIP

Btw, here you go user :)

I actually unironically like the look of the Primaris Marines

Extremely well trained, spending in some cases centuries mastering the art of combat.

And that boys and girls is why they are only ~16.6% more accurate in combat than a fucking Guardsman.

That doesn't say much, you could spar extensively and still have no technique. And I don't think they'd have enough time to develop them just by sparring, since the other aspects of war (small unit tactics, weapon operation and maintenance, survivalism, communication, combat drills, etc) are much more important and time consuming.

Me too. Wish bolt riffles where rapid fire 2

They're all basically bruce lee with the musculature and build of a fucking gorilla.

All humans except assassins, and people heavily enhanced by bionics are totally outclassed. Space marines are faster, stronger, more precise, and with superior technical skill.

Also they know kung fu

Troops in general

hows this look for my first full game of 8th?to me it feels "not enough anti armor/10"
>nb4 he's using retard points
Battalion
99 power level
>Cryptek
>Destroyer Lord
>overlord
> 2X 10 warriors in a ghost ark
>1X 20 warrior unit
>1X monolith
>2X 3 destroyers + 1 heavy

Nice to know. Is his stuff in resin or gw plastic?

>Power Level

I like it, but it's deffinatly messes up the iconic look of SM's. Regardless GW said the actual kits (not the starter set marines) will be compatible with older marks of helmets and shoulder pads.

>99 power level
what does this mean in non autist

can someone convert this to points

You asked a question and got an answer, shitheel.

>all humans are totally outclassed
Caiphas Cain went toe to toe with a high ranking astartes and even glanced his armor a few times
though he was considered an amazing swordsman even by the inquisitions high standards, and he admitted that if it was a real fight he'd have lost

Fuck the haters. Power levels save time in list building.

How's it look? The lord can either chill with the cultists or drop with the sorc and termies. The Sorc runs warptime and prescience to buff the terminators so they can mow shit down with 40 2+ bolter shots and follow up with 21 S6 -1 hits. On average, they'll drop 10 MEQ, 26 Orks, or 33 GEQ. If the lord drops with them, they can reroll 1s on top of the fact. The raptors hang back and play cleanup while the Brute moves forward and chips away at shit until it can smash. It's nice because it doesn't degrade as it gets wounded, either. Hell, it might make MORE shooting.

CSM Battalion
1000pts 6CP

>HQ
Sorcerer w/Jump Pack, Force sword, and Bolt Pistol
Lord w/Terminator Armor, Power Maul, Combi-Bolter

>Troops
3x Cultists x10 w/Autoguns

>Elites
Terminators x10 w/Combi-Bolters and Power Mauls
Hellbrute w/Fist, Combi-Bolter, Reaper Autocannon

>Fast
Raptors x10 w/CMelta, Melta x2

Conscripts becamse the best unit in the game

I played a game with 10 of them last night against guard. Lost 5 of them to him stealing initiative, killed 4 dudes with the remaining 5s shooting, lost 3 to overwatch and the last 2 killed 5 (all hit all wound all kill).

I didn't have many targets to choose from so they felt wasted, I think they're going to be excellent marine hunters with strength 5.

about 2000, its made for people to just bash together quick lists and play

Roughly 2000 points.

>power level

>we make making points stupidly complicated
>that means power levels are somehow a better substitute

Just because you light your house on fire doesn't make the cheapest motel in town suddenly a better place to live.

>I don't have 10 minutes (if that) to ensure the fairness and fun of a 2 hour long game

I've seen more broken/unbalanced games using power levels than I have seen balanced/interesting games. They should have assumed you were maxed out on equipment, not some "mid drange".

a bit less than 2000, id say thats closer to 1850-1700

so actual day 1 errata/FAQs
Not the bullshit clearly wrong, why do we have to tell you idiots not to be stupid, stuff.
Hell, no 'i don't like these rules' shit.

Just little weird wordings, typos, missing lines. Stuff that gets missed when your putting out several hundreds of pages of rules.

1) Master of Ordinance doesn't list the barrage as part of it's wargear
2) Wrack leader is listed as being able to take 'tools of torment', but those are listed as replacing a range weapon, and the wrack leader doesn't have one to replace.
3) Autarch weapon list
I could be wrong on this, but it looks like you can take 2 deathspinner/catapults on an autarch, or combined a deathspinners/catapult with a fusion gun ect.
That might be the intent, but seems a bit weird.
4) if a unit that has "always hits on a X+ regardless of modifiers" shoots at a unit with "Is only hit on a Y+ regardless of modifiers", which takes rule takes precedent?

I think it was determined the conscripts are more efficient in most cases.

>> caring that much

They can't be that good, they're only one point of weapon skill better than a Guardsman which is trained for a few months which is the same as modern non-conscriptes soldiers.

I see it like this: WS2 has no training, WS3 has basic training, WS4 is entry-level martial arts and WS5 is advanced martial arts.

if you know theyre retard points why are you using them

>99 power level

>Primaris Marines use mkIV Maximus style helmet
No they don't.

The original comeback King

You can lay him low for multiple whole editions..6th and 7th were metaphors for the icy ravine he twice stumbled into

Motherfucker was just licking his wounds and waiting in the shadows the whole time

Hemlock Wraithfighter.
It's gun now autohits. So it's wound track basically does nothing.
It can give conceal buff to all units within 3 inches of it's base. Also takes it up to -2 to hit.
-1 leadership aura is a lot useful.

>caring so little about playing a relatively fair game that you're not willing to do some simple addition

>tfw you just want to have a quick game with your m8 and learn the rules of 8th but instead you get made fun of for using power levels on a website dedicated to indonesian stop motion

>gives retarded nonsensical answer
>w-why are y-you calling me out pls stop
Your tears are absolutely delicious.

Only autists don't understand that the fluff is more in depth and the WS/BS mechanics are watered down and codified for efficient gameplay.

Eldar aspects have the same WS and they spend their immortal lives doing only one thing.

>i play 40k the way I play call of duty i dont have time i died ok start over shoot shoot died start over I DONT HAVE TIME GIVE ME MORE MOUNTAIN DEW DONT COME IN MY ROOM MOM

Your list is fine, have fun

Good sport fellow elegan/t g/entlemen! Power levels are for the unenlightened minds too afraid of the many intricate numbers involved with points. Us real gamers make sure every point is accounted for every time! I bet they would even met their opponent play a 1000pt game with 1001 points! Ha! The barbarians!

That's right I don't care. I just like putting miniatures down and playing. You really took your moms advice to be fair to heart.

power levels do plenty to give fairness in the type of games you'd use powerlevels to put together.

And don't lie, you don't finish tinkering with points in 10 minutes. You spend 20 minutes getting the first bit done, then an hour making sure you used up the last 100 points exactly how you wanted.

No.

Consider that Strength 3 represents both weedy 14-year old conscripts and Ahnold tier Catachan muscles that can break the first guys entire body like a twig.

The system doesn't have the granularity to represent fluff perfectly.

Last thread someone talked about a guard vs necron game. They mentioned Bullgryn and rough riders so I wanted to see them in action. Anyone got a link to that game?

Then why don't they just make the game reflect the fluff?
>because they would only sell 10 space marines per person if they did
oh

How are the Tempestus now? Will they work well if I add some Primaris with them?

Don't act like you didn't know what was going to happen.

>and time consuming
What part about them spending every waking moment of their lives in combat or prepping to be in combat do you not understand?

The Imperial Fists regularly hold the "Feast of Blades" a tournament between chapters to see who has the best cc combatant. Combat blades, chainswoards, power swords, power mauls, power axes, lightning claws, thunder hammers, dueling blades, etc. You don't have that sort of extensive arsenal and go "yea we don't think cc is that important a skill set".

If you like Astartes fluff how can you stand to play them on the table? They get murdered like little bitch boys in comparison to the one man armies they are in the lore.

>everyone who disagrees with me is autistic!
Never stop posting.

Are there any staples for Chaos Daemons and CSM in 8th? Plague Drones and Plaguebearers have done well for me so far but I haven't tried out CSM yet.

Troop choices across the board

Special mention to scions who went from unplayable kirby codex to legitimate and fun space SAS

dude you can play however you want, but this is like walking into a different country and asking everyone to speak your language

we don't use power levels, you shouldn't expect us to give you advice about them, because we don't understand them, because we don't want to.

If you just want a quick game to learn the rules then why are you posting the list here for feedback? Why do you think we care? If you're posting a list here it's implied you're looking for actual competitive analysis (not that you're going to get it because Veeky Forums is full of retards who are bad at games)

What's your plan in case of tanks? Not sure if a few meltas and Power mauls really are enough. But it's only 1000pts and vehicles cost more so I guess it can do...
Otherwise, lots of bodies, a few killy units. I like the list. Only thing I'm not sure about is the jump pack on the Sorceror but if you have the points to spare...

God you people get butt hurt when someone doesn't do things how you want. They made PL for people that play casually.

what army are you excited to play in 8th cheetah-chan?

But Catachans are merely peak human. Marines are superhuman. It makes sense.

>Eldar aspects have the same WS and they spend their immortal lives doing only one thing.
no, only the exarchs are stuck on the path of war.
aspect warriors take off their masks when not in training, and will in time join other paths.

Looks the same, just with an additional armor plate over the fuck huge Vader grill.

Power Levels have been mathematically proven to be entirely unbalanced, by as much as +/-20% compared to equivalent points.

>putting effort into excusing being this fucking lazy

>he doesn't know there's an entire universe of books, games, comics, and short stories behind this tabletop miniature game

You don't seriously play this game solely for the game mechanics and dice rolls do you?

Do you?

I like it, gets away from the imperial stormtrooper look