Birth in RPGs

All right, so in just about any given roleplaying game adventure, player characters go out there and kill a whole lot of things. But have you ever seen the opposite? Have you witnessed, in an RPG, the miracle of new life being brought to the world?

I just participated in a semi-detailed roleplay session involving childbirth. Two of the PCs were parents. It went something like this:
>At breakfast table in the inn that morning
>DM: Suddenly, you feel yourself going to labor
>Mother: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>Father: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>Repeat a couple times
>Cleric: Quit being a bitch and just push it out, it doesn't hurt that bad
>Mother still screaming
>Father hyperventilating
>Then it's over, there's a screeching infant there in front of them
>Gradually, they calm down
>Cleric prepares some tools so that she could tell the newborn's fortune
>Then suddenly...
>DM: You can feel another one coming out
>Silence
>We'd been talking about -a- child coming to the world for a while now, but no one ever brought up the possibility of a -plural-
>A bit more silence
>Then

I'm sure you did better. Tell me about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasist.net/downloads/DQ3TSRFullRules.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tell me about it.

Character went into labor, we rolled some Heal checks with mounting DCs for every failed, and at the end of it all the PC gave birth to twins.

I'm in the midst of a time-travel campaign where one of the time periods regularly accessed is at a point where one of the future PC's is still in their mother's womb, decently along.

I'm considering the notion of what it'd be like to have the party witness one of their members' birth / potentially assisting in it or if that'd be too graphic ('fade to black' territory) and would be better left out, particularly since I tend to muddle the pace with too much side shit as it is.

Yeah they saw the birth of an Eldritch Abomination God, total party kill afterwards.

They shouldn't have let the BEGG complete his objectives, so they deserved it.

The Big Evil Good Guy?

>join group irl
>first session
>one of the characters is pregnant
>the character is male
>never return

>>one of the characters is pregnant
>>the character is male
Why the fuck is it so difficult to avoid the malepreg spergathon?

>Play an old RPG
>most characters have certain astrological signs, are stronger and weaker at certain times of year/month.
>A very few, however, are life or death aligned. Death aligned people are stronger if near someone who recently died, life are stronger near someone who was recently born.
>The former is much better for the average adventurer, but once had a game with a life-aligned character, a fairly powerful Runic mage
>Went ahead and opened up a brothel, and timed some of his more expensive/important rituals as to when his hookers were giving birth to bastards.

>opening a brothel
At first glance it would look like a nice idea but actually its a really inneficcient way to do it
You need to take care of the expenses of several hookers and their health wich is costly and takes alot of macromanagment

You can get the same result by getting just one hooker to get in to labor and putting the baby back in to pull it out again everytime you need to do the deed

>You need to take care of the expenses of several hookers and their health wich is costly
Surely the brothel is supposed to make a profit.

I mean, that's kind of the point of prostitution.

Depends when exactly life begins in the whole conception–birth process. Death is a lot less ambiguous in most cases.

>You can get the same result by getting just one hooker to get in to labor and putting the baby back in to pull it out again everytime you need to do the deed

Vaginas do not work that way!

That doesn't sound like a magical realm at all.

I haven't seen it happen with a PC, but a NPC gave birth while traveling with us. Fortunately we had prepared and found an actual real doctor in town (actually a cleric but don't worry about it) who helped. The DM just described the screams instead of actually screaming.

The NPC was the bard's mom. by the end of the game my character had settled down with her. Pic related it's my Ranger

My girlfriend's character rolled a 1 on a resist seduction by an incubis when she was trapped away from the group. She lived through it after she finally snapped out but it was heavily implied she went the whole way with it. After the session she asked me if her character should be pregnant with a demon now. We have since run with that as she slows the group down with horrible morning sickness and disadvantaged rolls.

No, I'm serious, published and everything.
fantasist.net/downloads/DQ3TSRFullRules.pdf

You want pages 14-15 of the PDF.

As usual, Bryan Hall has us covered.

I was talking more about the childbirth farm rather than the general idea of a 'life aspect'.

Oh, that part? I don't think so. Andrew didn't dwell on the details the way I assume someone fapping under the table would have. I'm reasonably sure he was just munchkining.

how to make profit with pregnant prostituts,
I know some guys are into wierd things but you want healthy babies.

I think I prefer just screaming through it.

>time-travel campaign
you brave motherfucker
what system are you using? and how have you stopped things getting confusing?

There's a bunch of female PCs and one male PC.
They ended up forming a harem with 4 kids.
Said kids will probably be PCs for another campaign.

Well for one, most fathers didn't really live that much with the actual birth like these days. You certainly didn't participate in screaming or hyperventilating or whatever the fuck emasculated men these days do.

Trolls have babies? I thought they just spun up from some growth in another trolls back or something.

>bodily attractiveness

I bet that triggered women.

I remember my first black kniggas, they were always born from magical cloning baths, had a very difficult life, conquered unsurmountable odds losing some body part in the process (or multiple), had a brief respite for love with a mystical chick, their children were birthed without pulse or otherwise dead/almost dead due to rolls, magical fuckery made it harder to raise them, mother was kidnapped at her weakest, cue journey to the underworld / other realms to see how many of his family members could be saved.

This wasn't DM's fuckery (at least not all the time), rather, an infortunate string of bad rolls that happened to coincide with those crucial momments. The universe did not want for this guy to have a happy life I always thought.

they saved all of their children/spouses but regularly lost so much of his power/soul/whatever that such thing always marked his retirement. Afterwards some other player would take over the most promising child as their own enhanced PC.

What?

That's totally just a munchkin thing. Like the guy who used a bag of rats to get infinite cleave attacks.

I have players in my party who would definitely start a brothel if they thought it would get more money and magical reagents than our other side businesses. All they care about is the ROI.