8th Ed Craftworld eldar

No I'm not using the new names.
Making the OP units correctly priced or non-annoying is great.
Fight me Mon-keigh.

so I think I know why the Dire Avenger weapon costs so much.
The Autarch can take them. Actually it looks like he can take 2, or one in addition to one of the restricted weapons. And you now shoot all your non-pistol weapons each turn.

If they only cost 3-4 points, then adding one on to an Autarch would basically be an auto choice.

However, this now means the base cost of the Dire Avenger is too high, as it doesn't include the weapon. Dark reapers are 5 pts, and have better armor.

what language are you people speaking and where can I learn it

Makes you wonder if bladestorm or a successor FRFSRF-imitator is on its way in the codex.

I doubt it if you mean a leader ability. Autarchs give an aura of reroll 1s to hit which is going to do it.

What I do think is going to happen is there will be keyword referencing stratagems. "A warhost unit may shoot with assault weapons again this shooting phase", "Reroll advance and charge ranges for Aspect Warrior models".
Possibly detachments with restrictions and bonuses based on keywords, but unsure on that.

8th edition made point cost superfluous, I mean 4 points is what you elder people are complaining about I'm tau and even I think that elder cheese is BS

Bladestorm is AP-3 on a roll of 6 to wound

Yeah, something along those lines would make Dire Avenger point costs be slightly less ridiculous looking. With any luck it's just a syntax oversight or it'll be amended. I don't even plan on running an overwhelming amount of Avengers, if any, but their cost is just astonishing. Sucks to see an aspect outdone by the rank-and-file.

see the cost on the weapon feel right when you realize it can be used by others.
But why is the body more expensive than the Dark Reaper or Fire Dragon?

Mad jelly bro butt fag

I'm sorry I'm looking for the Aeldari Asuryani thread? If this is it please title it appropriately.

Models that can only take one weapon aren't priced solely for the body. The weapon is priced to balance it with what other units can take. The body is priced to bring to the total to what they want it to be.

if you're going to make the joke about being pedantic, at least use proper grammar.
[subgroup] then [group].
What you did was like saying 'Space Marine Dark Angels'.

the total is stupidly high though.
Their more than twice that of a Guardian. They cost almost as much as a Fire Dragon.

True, but the extra armor, extra leadership, 50% extra range, and the overwatch bonus are pretty big, as well as the fact that they get better buffs with their exarch. Plus I'm not seeing anything about point cost for upgrading one to an exarch. It seems a bit high, but there should definitely be a decent point jump from guardian to dire avenger.

a decent point jump yes. Totally agree.
More than twice as much? That's fucking BS.
Make them cost the same as a Dark Reaper base, and how they're a bit more than 50% more expensive than a guardian.

4 points is huge on a basic troop choice. Imagine if orks were 10 points each.

Where's this shit coming from? Is the new codex out?

I'm only peripherally tied in, haven't paid serious attention in years. Still don't know what to think about our new glam rock trans god

>>Obviously lying, I'm glad we're getting back to the roots

the 4 points were on the unit that wasn't cheese and was basic troops.
The bikes which were the cheese went up 10 pts, lost their post shooting move, and are now -1bs if they move for the gun option that was in the cheese.

They butchered aspects this edition.

what? how?
only aspects that got a nerf are the warp spiders who needed it, and the point increase on dire avengers.

Forgive the stupid question, but are the Aspect upgrades to Exarch free?

Did I just miss the cost somewhere?