/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General - Loyalist/Traitor Edition

Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d6)

Blackshield Bashing Sub-Edition

Previous Bread: Summary: Bligh confirmed for Emperor, Anons discovered Independent Character OTPs, conversion work continued, and new blood was disappointed to learn $230 wasn't enough for FW.

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

I need people who waifu/husbando primarchs to talk to on Discord.

>and new blood was disappointed to learn $230 wasn't enough for FW.
I'm not new, Uni. I just can't remember FW prices.

Question about Dreadclaws. Do I have to glue the block for the stand to connect to claw, or is it possible to magnetize the block without it getting too wobbly? If I have to, I'll just glue it on, but it looks odd off the stand is all.

I actually glued the block to the base and just manually put the fin on the block. The whole thing sucks and is super precarious.

I'm here for you.

I tested that, but I think the block is a little too loose for that. I would not trust it.

That being said, I love the claw. Sure, it's a finicky thing AND a recast, but I want to get 2 more some day.

Esdeath you cringelord fuck off

You prefer men then?

Lexicanum has been buggy all day

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB LEX ADMINS

I prefer people who aren't massive cringelords.

You'll have to leave this thread then.

PLZ

Edgy =/= cringelord.

Konrad-senpai is BEAUTIFULLY EDGY. Konrad is beauty.

Night cringe Lord, with tiny batwings on his helmet

I blame John French.

BEAUTY, I SAY

The audacity of this batmarine.

As the proud owner of a bunch of claws, I'm fucking terrified they will still eat occupants in the Imperial Armor book. I did not pay you chucklefucks hundreds of dollars for something to consume hundreds of dollars in other models I bought from you.

BEAUTY
E
A
U
T
Y

Stap.

Wrong thread, but maybe you can answer my claw question up here As for eating people in 40k, don't think they will mostly because demonic possession is gone. If anything, maybe it will be like daemon engines and recover 1W per turn, but I am genuinely curious as to how it will work in 8th. T8 12W flier that shits on things it flies over maybe?

No

How can other legions even compete?

What did I say?
You are like little baby.

*is jesus*

So I'm converting a baneblade to be the centre piece for my militia army, and I want to make it look more like the legion superheavies, can anyone give me measurements of the side panels of a falchion/glaive

>THICCguinius

Easily. By being the Emperor's favorite.

Ah come on, don't spill the Kool aid!

Riiiight... Kool-Aid...

Emperor loved no one bar Mankind fool.

>FUCKING HORUS GET OFF MY TERRA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Notice that I never said loved, you poor, jealous fool.

If Vulkan isn't the emperor's compassion, then what does he represent ?

The Emperor's desire to become a simple farmer after he ensures Chaos can't fuck up humanity's future like it did with the Eldar

Why doesn't Corax get any love on /hhg/?

HIS IMMORTALITY
How many times do we have to go over this? FFS.

Immortality isn't a characteristic like what the other have, it would be the same problem if you said the Lion's inherited trait was his swordmanship

>As with all the Primarchs, Vulkan inherited an aspect of his father. However for him this was the unique ability of being a perpetual, making him essentially immortal.

Vulkan is not a compassionate guy. He has fucking Manus telling him he's a brutal fuck, idk what else you need.

Source ?

Can't argue with BL I guess

Because its Veeky Forums where its cool to hate loyalists unless they're autistic castle builders and defenders.

He calls him a brutal fuck because him and his Legion use fire-based weaponry at almost every given opportunity. Which is funny coming from the Gorgon, who flip flops between caring about humanity and being as cold as his namesake, who's Legion absolutely hated their humanity after his death.

By comparison, the Salamanders are known throughout the Imperium as being one of the few Legions that actually gave more than a passing glance of concern for regular humans, before and after the Heresy. In Forgotten Sons, Heka'tan goes out of his way to protect the former remembrancer stuck with them on their Stormbird when it gets shot down, and goes to find her and make sure she's ok when she doesn't come back right away during the court hearing.

IW have absolutely no grounds for calling out Salamanders on being 'humane' when they're one of the most inhuman of the Legions.

That's the Salamanders, not Vulkan himself. Individual personalities in a legion can vary wildly and let's be real, Ferrus would not be happy with how the Iron Hands are running his legion.

Regardless, Manus' criticism is of Vulkan and his Legion as a whole, since they're all pyros. And that's still kind of a moot point when you consider all of the other horrific weapons Astartes bring to bear on live humans on a regular basis. Chain-weapons are a staple of every Legion, and I'd consider them pretty damn brutal too, even without considering their biggest fans, the SW and WE.

We also don't have a whole lot on Vulkan himself in terms of how he regards regular humans. Most of his development as a character has been Istvaan V and onward, in varying states of dismemberment.

By defending Terra and the Emperor.

Good job.

I'm actually really curious as to how the immediate aftermath of the siege of terra worked out

we all know how the situation in orbit was, but how were the last hours on the ground? Did the White Scars slaughter the routing traitors? How long did the Loyalist Primarchs take to arrive?

I heard there's going to be a Scouring book series, and I'm intruiged, despite the amount of Skub it will undoubtetly produce, I'm actually curious about the Primarchs post-Heresy interactions.

Humblest Primarch doesn't need defending. It should also be no surprise to anyone that RG players keep to the shadows.[\spoiler]

Given how massively OP Archmagi are in the fluff, would it be possible for one to have his own comfy hobby hangar or something? Random half-assembled nonsense scattered around, storeroom off to one side filled with assorted parts giant servo-arms built in so you can actually move big stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Magos Reductor or something tinkering with random war machines in his downtime and making his own random Frankenstein artillery.

Better job than Ultras.

I've been thinking a bit recently, regarding the Unknown Legions, particularly with all the hoopla going on over Dark Imperium. Originally, the Unknown Legions existed to serve as a vague origin point for players to base their personal chapter of Marines on if they didn't like any of the 18 others. This allowed for creativity and open-ended-ness, which was the prevailing mindset of the time. However, these days this is not the case. The Unknown Legions are strictly off limits, not only as a origin source but for any kind of fluff material. Now, they exist only in the literal sense, beyond that they have no value and no connection.

Now, what do you think it would be like if they were revealed? Still dead, still a point in history, but no longer this impermeable 'Do Not Touch' field on the setting? What if they get utilized in 40k, born again as part of Cawl's chad-marine project? Would it really be all that bad if we knew the Unknown Legions? Their original purpose died decades ago, now they simply just 'are'.

I thought that was most magos worth their salt. If they can merit running a structure of their own, they'd probably have their own workshop or area for personal projects.

Only if they can make suitably different and cool looking miniatures for them. It's GW so the first thing they need to know with an idea like this always going to be: how is it going to sell miniatures?

This is something I would like to see; then again I get curious as fuck so it makes me ask what the fuck they would be like. Since all the known legions are based on historical examples of past cultures I bet that they would be some form of Aztec tie in and either Zulu/Maori perhaps?

Hopefully none of the weaboo like shit, but knowing FW... at most something Feudal Japan inspired?

I think it would be more of this nu-metal shit and that every fan who fetishises the II and XIth is underage or retard and only marginally better than the dense smelly muh muhs that like the yiffs.

nu-metal? I dont follow

So what's so special about FW resin that makes it so expensive?

Quality is inconsistent, material is fragile and the edges look like potato chips

It's handled by real women before being packaged up and sold to the nerds.

Kek'd

Conservative DUP coalition is the result lads
Pound will wobble

If it fucks up you get a whole new kit

Not unexpected, really. Still a pain in the ass since I need an assortment of Chinese recasts for my Mechanicum, and they charge in dollars, plus Malinax transfers that'll probably be about £20. Enjoy your cheaper loot the rest of you, though. Sucks May didn't make good on promising to resign in this situation, but that's expected of the bloody Tories at this point I suppose.

Aaand that's our threadly politics ration done.

>tfw my interest in British politics is solely due to my desire for cheaper little resin soldier men

I bought my first export from Britain for the first time ever because of this whole Brexit thing (I ordered a Talons of the Emperor box when it came out for under retail value) so I definitely know the feeling. Not happy to see Britain going through this, but hey I'm for anything that will make Forgeworld cheaper.

I kek'ed.

At least they showed up. Better than literally trying to Byzantineize the empire.

At least the Dangles have the goddamn common courtesy to feel bad about their failure to make it to Terra in time. Better than you motherfuckers.

I am in need of Iron Father pictures for science. IHfags, I need you to post them.

I think you mean balkanise, or cut your losses

Yeah, that'll be interesting to see.

The existing fluff has the Blood Angels going berzerk after Sanguinius dies. They all leave their defensive positions in a suicidal rush, and when Horus dies all the daemons disappear. That makes the BA charge less suicidal and they start pushing the traitors back. The Scars have been defending the spaceport that they had previously taken (where Mortarion fought the Khan). They're in shock at what the Blood Angels are doing, but then they join the rout. Canonically, Angron shakes his fist as he boards a transport and everyone leaves before the UM and DA fleets can trap the traitors..

They're not worth putting much effort into, since so few people play in an early-Great Crusade setting.

But yeah, they might as well tell us what they had in mind for the lost legions. Now that they were canonically not present during the Heresy, they don't serve the purpose of being a blank slate for you to play with.

Low sales volume.

Japanese plastic model kits are a lot cheaper than GW's because they sell an order of magnitude more. Short-run resin model airplane kits (for obscure subjects that haven't been covered by the mainstream guys) are pricey and low in quality, a lot like how FW kits were in the beginning. FW's now selling more kits than those guys are, so they've upped the quality significantly. Still expensive, though.

Also, resin models are fairly labor-intensive to cast.

What is it about horus heresy that attracts such autism this thread included

Tbh, it's probably a combination of the historical aspects, the sense of scale, the power-level of the setting (Big E, Primarchs, and events that carried great weight through history into 40k), the fact that the setting wasn't at 100% Grimdark yet, special weapons and armor you don't really get to use in 40k, as well as the game itself being 'relatively' balanced.

As for the autism levels of the thread, well, we ARE on Veeky Forums. It's no /a/ or /v/, but we manage

I'd say it's also for the possibility of using the traitor legions a marine army instead of Chaos Marines ft Cultists and chaosshit, especially loyal IW or DG instead of spiky/bloated puss guys.

listen to the podcasts,
all of them are a hot mess of fucking weirdos in denial.

you got me

I've heard stories about the guy who made that army and apparently he has just about all the legions represented in such fashion.

He posts in here occasionally. And yes, he has pretty much every army and custom made primarchs.

What's the biggest, scariest and most badass unit in your army, anons? Deathstars, Superheavies, Titans, SHflyers, whatever.
Failing that, do you have any models that never seem to do anything less than insanely well?

So am I, so I like listening to them.

What does he say to people who point out that everything he does looks like shit?

I play Sons of Horus. My biggest unit is the Warhound Titan, which is just insane. The best units though are combi-plasma vets with Marksmen. 2+ to hit with Death Dealer is ridiculously good.

I think he can barely type english. So not sure.

Are Destroyers viable at all? Their fluff seems fun, but on paper I'm not entirely sure how well they'd fare on the table.

With Bligh dead they might soon be.

>combi vets with Marksmen
Excuse me, my Castellax just ran away in fear and hid behind the cat, I had to go fetch them back.
Those bastards are the bane of my goddamn existence, I'm making some cyber-occularis the moment my greenstuff tools show up to deal with the two pods of them the local SoH has to blast away threats to his Levi Dread.

Still, Warhounds be scary. Has it ever hit the tabletop or been blasted off it?

gyrfalcon jetbikes have illastus bolt cannons, buy i can't find their rules. any help anons?

Their only problem is how much they cost, especially the first five. In a large game, a full squad can be... well, they'll still be points-inefficient, but they can work because you'll have a lot of other units that can take advantage of the -1T that rad causes.

It's a typo. Should be Lastrum.

Falchion or Russ with a bodyguard.