>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commande

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Prowler plushie when

2cute spiderbutt

Looks about the same as what I got; heat up a bowl of water to near boiling and dunk them in there for like ten seconds; they'll be right as rain.

What are units I should be familizarizing myself with if I'm thinking vague, half-formed thoughts of getting into DzC Shaltari?

Pretty much everything except the Thunderbirds.

It's definitely different material.The top piece is the BC fin, the bottom is a regular cruiser fin.

I matched them up so they are similarly thick and wide at the same points and put a piece of sprue between them and lightly squeezed down. If they were the same material, with similar dimensions, you should see similar deformations. However you can see that the BC piece has deformed much more than the normal cruiser piece.

You talkin shit?

I mean the same material as their other resin stuff (eg Battleships, most/all of DZC)

I see. My only experience with Hawk has been the DfC kickstarter so I assumed the frigate/cruiser sprue was the standard material.

Slightly softer stuff makes sense for tinier models like in DZC.

Yeah; the frigates and cruisers use injection molded plastic, while the BCs, corvettes, and battleships use regular cast resin.
There's nothing unusual about that.

Holy shit this. Why are the little chodemeisters so adorable?
Now you've gone and made me want to learn how to make one.

Don't make one. Make two, then send me one.

>I see. My only experience with Hawk has been the DfC kickstarter so I assumed the frigate/cruiser sprue was the standard material.
It isn't; DZC only has the plastic starter armies, everything else is their normal resin.

There's a clear bit difference in quality, and I really hope they offer resin variants of the main DFC ships at some point.

Repostan

They're all looking good. So glad I'm UCM, I've liked every one of their ships so far.

Personally, I don't like how the UCM BC 4200s aren't both dorsal, but it otherwise looks awesome.

>pic complete with bae akuma and the babby corvettes
Seriously those scourge designs are the fucking best.

I'm not big on the corvettes, I like the ghetto ones made from heavy cruiser hats better desu.

But that battlecruiser... unf

>not liking the adorable space cownose

Now that's all I can see you fucker

>tfw can never unsee the :3 now

Would-be demo provider here. I've got full forces of PHR and Shaltari, and a Kodiak + 2 plastic starters worth of UCM models.
Are there any particular UCM units I should pick up, particularly aircraft, that would be useful for hosting a fun Skirmish game?

If you want to make the UCM look cool, a Ferrum

Their gunships are pretty schway, if you want to go aircav.

Bump

Ravens for a fun skirmish game, because mobility in DZC is fun.

I don't think the Ferrum is an attractive looking model.

The Phoenix *is* an attractive looking model. The Eagle plays in a very attractive way (so does the Kodiak, it's always fun to explain orbital strikes).

Dude I don't hate the Ferrum like I used to but that is still a real ugly design. The nickname of 'Doomfridge' isn't a compliment.

So, what are the ugly ducklings of the varying factions?

>UCM
Ferrum

>Scourge
Marauder
Raider

>PHR
Type 1's (I guess?)

>Shaltari
???

I don't like Type-1s but they have their share of defenders, so I wouldn't put them on the level of Marauders or Ferrums. I just don't think PHR or Shaltari have an ugly duckling the same way UCM or Scourge do. Resistance maybe has the technicals because I think everyone can agree they really fucked up the scale on those things.

But since I'll never pass up the chance to complain about things I personally dislike, fuck the toes and asymmetrical cockpit of the Type-1 and the dumb backwards legs of the Janus. The Leopard turret is stupid looking and while I don't hate the look of the Tomahawk/Kukri hull I think something more like the slick design of the heavy skimmers would be a lot better.

>not liking types-1's
>not liking the raptorish aesthetics of the Janus
I forgot how wrong opinions can be.

Type-1s Look good at as many angles as they look deeply from. All the Janus I've seen in photos look like butt.

Personally, I think the Janus is one of the best small models in the game; such a shame that it's absolutely worthless, gamewise.

The Type-1 toes would be better if they were splayed out more, but I'm not a fan of them. And it looks like they just forgot to design it with a cockpit and welded the thing on afterwards, which isn't great. Honestly the thing I like about it the least is the wasted potential, it could look a lot better with some adjustments. Maybe I'll try converting them if I step into PHR.

>raptorish aesthetics of the Janus
Raptors have digitigrade legs, much like Type-1, 2 and 3 mechs. Those legs are good. The Janus on the other hand has stupid backwards legs. If those upper joints were just the other way around so it had proper digitigrade legs then I'd probably quite like the thing.

Its not, but the drone spawning mobile base is definitely a unique unit

Pls do not bully Marauder-chan she's trying her best

I won't deny that its a unique and cool concept. But there's a way to do tall tanks right, and the Ferrum is not that.

I'm sending my Wolverines to take her lunch money right now.

I'm the exact opposite. I was hoping we'd continue with the hard plastic for as much as possible.

Hard plastic woes:

Starterbox infantry.

Working the DFC stuff was difficult. "I'm sure I picked up this weird one-hand hacksaw for fine iron pipe work at some point and stashed it in the garage years ago, better mount an expedition" *difficult*.

Otherwise I'm with you.

The infantry is pretty meh, but I haven't had any troubles with the DFC UCM stuff I've done

I've had no troubles with the plastics, only complaint that I might level at them is that they can get a lot of air when you cut them out if you're not prepared.

>Repostan
That Hog cruiser looks so aggressive

See, for me the plastic infantry is no worse than the metal ones. I'm not a good enough painter to care about the extra detail the metal ones have and I don't have the time to become one.

I've also always had more trouble with the resin DZC stuff than the plastic ships, including having to drill out a large chunk of resin from my firedrake because one of the slots for the large wings was almost completely full. That on top of the amount of flash and such.

leak more command cards you rubes

All I have is UCM

Its the lack of poses the plastics have. Even with an awesome paint job they look like signposts.

As soon as I get my next paycheck I'll be ordering Shaltari cards, so look forward to that i guess

Getting back into Dropzone after several months outta it.

Currently working on an Eagle and a pair of Falcon-B for my UCM.

Also got a starting force for the Resistance standing ready at the FLGS.
Starter, Alex+lifthawk, Cyclones are what I'm getting.
Got some Praetorians + Falcons and Archangels from my UCm already for loyalist forces as well.

What would you guys say is the next solid addition to such a force?

Got a Phoenix yet?

Probably a scout option. All three are solid.
Maybe some Fire Wagons or Storm Wagons too.
Veterans are good also for 18" E11 and are respectable in CQB.

>that Shaltari one
Yessss

>Have several starter fleets put together
>Got friends hooked
>Dig into kickstarter box to get extra sprues
>One frigate spure is missing a side of a PHR frigate
>Can't find it in the box
ENGAGE PANIC MODE

I swear some of the PHR pieces phase into alternate dimensions

>small fin breaks off of cruiser
>put it in box to fix later
>can't find it
>look for it the next day
>it was on my desk
>go to glue it right then and there
>set it down on my hobby table
>when ready, go back for it
>it's gone
>reappears a day later
>don't let go of it until it's on the cruiser

Fucking nanomachines spooking me

>missing three fins, the turret for a Juno A2, and a pair of Type-2 legs
I hate it

What's weird is I don't have this problem with any other faction, just the PHR.

Their models and pieces are like pens.

As expected of the sneakiest faction in fluff.

>PHR are so sneaky that their models parts teleport away just so you can't discern their ship appearance.

They're out now and cheap as decks go.

5 of my 80+ dropfleet ships painted, with my scourge, shaltari dzc armies (both about 3000p) half done, and my UCM and PHR starters for demos not even started.

**Quiet sobbing**

Get to work user! My UCM are hungry for your Scourge and Hog blood.

Get on it, shipwright! The reconquest won't wait for you!

Are the Johannesburg's turrets double stacked, like the Athens?

Doesn't look like it. There seems to br room on the top of that lower section for 2 extra guns though.

>get fed up trying to figure out Shaltari scheme for Dropfleet
>switch to painting Dropzone
>figure out a decent simple scheme
>basecoat thirty models before realizing the pattern can't be applied to anything but a voidgate in the fleet
I remember when this hobby used to offset my depression, instead of causing it

>basecoat thirty models before realizing the pattern can't be applied to anything but a voidgate in the fleet

how so?

Shaltari models in Dropzone have those anti-grav/shielding(?) panels with a smooth frame around them that make an excellent place for the secondary color framed by a tertiary on the trim. Their DFC vessels don't have anything to provide a visual border between their core and the rest of the hull, so I'd be stuck putting cool colors on cool colors.

I'll try to take a good picture to demonstrate.

So mister Gharial on the left has those chunky borders around its vanes that are great for contrasting colors, while the Basalt is the only ship lucky enough to have those launch bays to provide some visual outlining.

Paint it like this

outside spikes white, green board leaving the teeth grey.

I didn't like the Perth the first time I saw it but it's grown on me. Not sure I'll ever want a second Atlantis/Johannesburg though.

Ahh, I get it.

I'm a shit painter so I can't give much advice, I guess you'll just have'ta brainstorm some color scheme that'll work for ya in that.

Best of luck, hedgehog.

White needs some edging and shading tbqh

man the shaltari models in DFC just don't have that easy option for points to add contrasting colors. Its kind of true for every DFC model, I just don't want to add as many secondary and tertiary colors.

Nice suggestion, my preliminary dabbling with those green stripes is looking great so far. I might actually have full armies painted for both my factions in both games in a couple months at this rate.

Glad I could help.

Now do me a favor and crash all your ships into the nearest star you filthy hedgehog.

UCM STRONK

>someone finally reposted it
Bless you, user.

I always save good memes. I just wish I had the skills to make more myself.

Bump!

Now where the heck are those new famous commanders, and news of R: Phase 3.

Have any of you guys painted the lines on your bases? I'm trying to think of how I should do it.

Could either spray the whole thing with black primer and then paint the lines, or try to tape off areas not needing paint, though that seems like a LOT of work.

But the dots man, the dots. If that isn't suitable for a tertiary colour accent I don't know what the fuck is.

They're perfect for a color, but don't have the surface area to provide strong contrast.

The former, just have a steady hand. Some strips of masking tape wouldn't hurt either.