sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-CA/build_paint?_requestid=4705159#sm_bike
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's a neat little detail you love about some models?

I love that most unhelmeted GK heads have arming caps and/or old man faces. They're grizzled veterans and Knights/Paladins in Space, and I love that.

So, where the hell did GW find the old, old, old Plastic Terminator mold from 2nd Edition, and what possessed them to rerelease them in a new set instead of the Black Reach buddies?

Seriously, I was down with buying the Build+Paint Heavy set for the cheap dread and Termis, until I saw they were the super outdated models.

Wait what?

Where is this?

I NEED IT.

PEWTER

Guys how is Emperor's Children in 8th?

Is there a rule similar to Death or Glory in 8th?

So, with templates and blasts being done away with, would it be better now to have scions with flamers? I figure hot-shot volley guns or plasmas would be better all, but from a budget standpoint, are flamers a better idea?

Wait are those guys on Standard infantry base rather than the big infantry base they are on now? the look like my old pewter chaos termies.

There is a reason I replaced those munchkins with descent sized terminators.

Low priced entry level kits for semi-mass market release. Like the Battle of Vedros sets.

games-workshop.com/en-CA/build_paint?_requestid=4705159#sm_bike

Incorrect. Those are plastic.

You think they actually throw molds away? If they havent broken they probably have them all stashed in a warehouse, which is also why they can reprint old minis.

I thought it was Assault on Black Reach termies, it kind of sucks that it isnt.

Please help me pick a chapter for my primaris marines. I normally paint crimson fists so I want to do something different, but something that has lots of heraldry and such on the knees and shoulders and new armor bits like the new smurfs, but not them, nor SW or BA, as I've done them already as well. And or fill them out for fun of your own homebrews and post em

Lamenters
paint those checkerboards baby

I need people to buy the space marine half, which is a terminator captain, dreadnought, captain and a couple of tacticals.
I need the ork half.
My email's [email protected] if you wanna hook eachother up

>You think they actually throw molds away?

No, not really, but I kinda felt like those molds were probably stuck off in a forgotten corner somewhere next to the plastic Orlocks and Goliaths.

Will chosen actually be worth taking this edition?

>Only the superhuman Space Marines can confront the Aliens, traitors and followers of the chaos powers who seek the destruction of Mankind.
So xenos and chaos are the same faction now?

Hmm, maybe, that's One I hadn't thought of! I do love their scheme. I also love these guys

Pick any obscure successor and paint them in camo patterns.

They fight as well as berserkers without the special powers, their plasma guns are amazing, if you use them as intended I think they're going to shred face.

Commas, bro.

Aliens seek the destruction of Mankind just like traitors and followers of Chaos.

Alternatively, Aliens are traitors and followers of Chaos who seek the destruction of mankind and are not identified beyond level of The Aliens.

They are to the factions that matter. Basically grouping all the trash into the same dumpster fire.

Still only has two relevant units, so kinda boring.

Which two, you mean LtE and Noise Marines?

Dark Millenium style Dark Angels (as a successor chapter, I guess)

Shorty noiselets that have no effect on the superior Primaris Marines™

Your vote for shittiest unit in 8th, or one that tanked the most. This shitlord that when he runs out of ammo has less offensive output than a knight, at less than half his cost. 900 fucking points before weapons, almost 200 more than he was in 7th, and nobody used him then. Oh put 20 meks in it? Too bad you can only be repaired once per turn now. Fucking....assholes..

How's the weather up there stretch?

Yes. GW needs to get off their assholes and release some updated and new kits already.

Getting real tired of Khorne and Nurgle man, I tell you.

Feels good man

We're getting a codex battle brother, hang in there. In the mean time Noise Marines are fucking awesome in 8th.

Maybe FW and their Kustom stompa rules will save us

again

So you can hear us just fine? Good! We'll be the last thing you hear.

Best chapter reporting in

What's that? You're starting to get a little short there, can't really hear you.

...Okay that's it!
My Slaaneshi brothers, let's show Stretch here the pleasure of a face melting performance!

fuck yeah man

hand him 24 sonic blaster shots at 24" + split fire 2d3 s8 ap -2 d3 damage shots to his valuable shit in the back line at 48"

Ignores cover of course

I dig the foot stabilizers on the devastator's armor, and especially that the imperial fists devastator veteran in the deathwatch overkill box has them too to represent his previous role. On that subject, I love all of the marines in the overkill box for their little bits of character, from the blood raven's VIDYA emblem to the salamander's drakescale and augmented breather helmet.

The corvus hammers the ravenwing black knights use is a nice throwback to their origin as hammerpick and archaeotech pistol wielding elite horseback hunstmen.

Love the little torture tools the interrogator chaplain carries on his belt and conversely, the new model for cypher has some great stuff like his cobbled together MK2 plate that uses leather buckles and has a visible steam-gauge looking device on the back.

I love the slung lasguns in the tempestus kit. Even if the sergeant can't take one, he looks pretty tacticool with a slung one and his chest rigged full of pouches and grenades.

The alternate head option for carnifexes with the seared off face revealing some of its skull has always been super cool to me.

I dig the way all the thousand sons have corrupted versions of 30k armor patterns.

Even as a fan of Ultramarines, fuck Cato Sicarius.

That head for the Carnifex is actually for the Carnifex character, Old One Eye.

I didn't use to be, it was made to show the regeneration biomorphic.

Damn Strait! Sonic weapons are Amazing! I can't wait for our update and hopefully getting a Noise marine kit.

fuck yeah we should start spamming GWs email with a campaign to ask them for EC stuff

I didn't actually realize that's their intent now. I always remembered old one eye as the goofball in pic related.
Yeah, the plastic fex just has a ton of cool bits options. Too bad they made most of them into aesthetic choices.

The Orkanauts replace that now don't they?

I think I can put three of those on the table for less points than a Stompa anyway.

I love the new edition so far. I ordered Index 1 Imperium, Index 2 Xenos, and the rules. But the only things i'm really upset about is how they are taking away armor values on vehicles and that templates were removed. The craziest thing to me is the templates. Other than that is seems great.

Can we make this the actual general
The other one is undergoing critical spastic meltdowns

No one's saying you can't. Leave the Conniption Fit General to its meltdown and have srs bzns here.

>This triggers the Veeky Forums

I don't want to tell people in that thread to come here though, they might bring their mental issues
but ya, the release date absolutely doesnt matter at this point, might as well official launch

I don't why it should. This exact thing happened with the Thunder Warriors. Powerful, immense legions of supersoldiers marching to war on the orders of the Big E, all for his plans for unifying humanity. What happened to them? Oh yeah, they were discarded literally as soon as their purpose ended.

>inb4 rowboat does something like this with the old marines and the primaris

Oh?

But Lamenters were the only chapter not to get primaris reinforced after Baal.

Eat my butthole. I can paint them however I want.

That'd be interesting to see happen. Considering the last couple times Astartes took offence at someone big and important trying to get rid of them (read: Inquisition and Space Wolves debacle), I don't think Bobby G would want to try something like that, at least until the Imperium has settled down somewhat.

Building a scions army in light of the fact that they're good now. Flamers: yay or nay?

Can a unit be deployed in a transport that is not dedicated transport? Like in a land raider for example.

no, Bobby G can do better.
Unplug the texting ability on big E. Leave him alive, then rule how he wants.
The emperor may be powerful, but now he's silent. Rowboat can rule. He'll save big E's humanity, but he'll do it his way and big E can't do shit.

The best revenge is living well.

After watching a few battle reports, the horde guy always seems to end up winning because of how brutal rolling 80+ dice on a charge is. Are these people bad, new, or is this the future?

lel it reached a breaking point
someone took a hammer to one of their minis

Everyones trying to get the hang of things, screening units and using transports as roadblocks will become the new norm now that turn 1 charges and viable hordes are a thing.

How could you collect a chapter if you don't respect their lore?

Wait, we know what happened at and after Baal, can someone recap or point me to that?

the few I've seen against hoard the opponent didn't do anything to counter the hoard well.

Being able to deal with hoards will be a consideration for list building, and the solution isn't what it was before.

With orcs the buffing bosses are often left behind, drop in a force there and kill the boss. If they try to turn the hoard around they get nailed. Of if their daisy chaining, drop in and charge the end of the chain.

Or snipers to kill of the commander. against ranged hoards bring harrassing chargers forcing them to fall back. Against melee hoards bring screening units.

Learn how to focus out the different types of hoards. Orcs wittle down and isolate, then let leadership take them. Nids, kill the big one. Guard, take out the squishy leaders.

>tfw you finally realize your father never existed as you thought of him and the only thing you were conversing with was essentially an extremely powerful physical manifestation of humanity's hope

What kind of new units would you expect in the evetual World Eaters supplement?

Fuck these authors seriously. Hes been strapped to a pain chair for 10,000 years, so forgive the fucking Emperor if Hes to the point.

Angron

Hey I'm fairly new to the hobby and want to start a emperor's children army. I plan on building up slowly with an HQ and two noise marine units then grabbing an elite and heavy support which seems to be a good way to start but I have one question.

Would a regular chaos lord, daemon prince or Lucius be a better HQ? My friends plan on playing 50 point games and I really like the rules for Lucius but he seems really slow for such a melee focused character.

I have a small pile of Marines that I originally set aside for 30k, but no longer plan to. Can't decide on a chapter, don't like any of the First Founding. I would do Chaos, but I wouldn't be able to use two of the squads, and they'd look a little weird with a legit CSM force.

Any recommendations?

Angron and Red Butchers

Is the Rhino Primaris the sort of thing Raptors would use?

motorcycle monsters with giant maws that eat everything.
a gun that shoots chainsaws. Or basically a flammer that's just shooting a massive cloud of blades, ie a chainrifle from infinity.
a bloodmist that makes things harder to hit with range weapons.

Guilliman refers to Primaris as "Cawl's blasphemous hordes" in the "Dark Imperium" novel.

Same boat, Crimson Fists and all. I'm looking at Mentors or Invaders.

You can just make up a chapter from the 2nd and 11th legion.

Posted this in the other thread and split one of the cultist squads after someone pointed out that I couldn't Deepstrike everything.

I'm always up for other opinions.

I like the model (or the concept really since it was limited release), I like not having to have a power armored HQ (going for an all-scout theme to back up my Guardsmen) and it seems tacticool enough for the Raptors is my thinking.

I just realized you can't fire pistols after advancing. Only assault weapons can do that.

So you can fire a flamer after advancing, but not a hand flamer.
Or a shotgun, but not a bolt pistol.
Or a meltagun, but not an inferno pistol.

Does he actually care about blasphemy though? Isn't he just saying, "Wow, everyone's going to be super mad."

I think he came back and within a day was totally over the imperium.

He's like an exhausted dad who got back after leaving his kids alone for a while.

That hurts sisters more than I thought

Sure, assault weapons needed something special, since you can charge after shooting heavy and rapid fire now.

yeah but using a flamer/melta/bolter even if you're still locked in close combat.

I have a great unclean one, 20 plaguebearers, 3 plague drones, 3 nurglings. I want to expand into death guard. Was going to get 2 sets of plague marines, 2 sets of pox walkers, a blight drone, and typhus. What else should I get?

>i can run and shoot a flame thrower
>i can't run and shoot a smaller flame thrower

I don't know the context. I haven't made the time to read it.

Bobby thinks Cawl is going to be a problem though.

Cawl has a hologram of himself on Guilliman's ship that speaks for him while he's away. It insists it's not an A.I. but just programmed to think the way Cawl does.

Cawl also wants to use geneseed from the traitor legions on Primaris and asked Guilliman to appoint him Fabricator General of Mars which most tech-priests wouldn't be thrilled about.

Oh, and I have a herald. It's about 700 points of nurgle daemons.

I'm just waiting to steamroll shit with my Mechanicus dudes, and I want goddamn tanks. Gimme Krios, Forgeworld, or GW give me some new goddamn models -- I want to rape Chaos with the Machine God.

>dude let me in I'm a tech priest
>dont you you believe in the omnissah?

Yeah I'm thinking of giving them flamers and power axes to push objectives, I'll use havocs to pick up the slack when it comes to plasma guns

Yup. I was trying to find a way to allow seraphim to use their flamers/inferno pistols without taking a round of fire/fighting/both first. Deep striking leaves them too far to use them (9") and they can't be put into rhinos/immolators. So that leaves walking/jet packing, but their weapons being pistols makes advancing not an option. Sure, they have a 12" move, but inferno pistols and hand flamers only have a 6" range and the melta range on inferno pistols is 3".

Just to add a bit more salt to that: while hand flamers would do 2d6 autohitting wounds on overwatch, you can just charge from 6.1" to completely avoid them.

And only mildly related but I think it's funny flamers/heavy flamers have 8" range, which is just enough to be useless against deep striking jet pack units assaulting from the closest they can.

better stabilized.
you can shoot the smaller flamer while in combat.

Yea. Seraphim seem better without deep striking and just flying around instead, especially since they basically move 24" thanks to faith. Deploy them close to the line and do your dirty work I guess. I don't know that they're actually that good now since people will just disengage off you and shoot them down. They would be so much better if AoF were using in their respective phases instead.

>Grey Knight purifiers only have a single attack now

rrrRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE-

>Always do D6 wounds with their Smite

Oooh.

Derp, I'm literally retarded. Taros Campaign had something similar.