Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Elder Black Pudding edition
When was the last time you actually ran into a slime in an adventure? What's the best way to use slimes? Have you ever integrated slimes into your worldbuilding, cities, cultures? What about slimegirls?

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Last Session:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1YoGQ5031pWk4b_hspRK-EBklLKTxa3inlnaU2l6G3qM
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/gungnir-gamedev/severist/
youtube.com/watch?v=quxTnEEETbo
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo-oracle-mysteries/dragon-oracle-mystery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My players were in a section of the sewers run by a thieve's guild, which was lorded over by a lich. They killed the lich. they open the door onto a library, and are confronted by a faintly glowing skeleton slowly floating towards the door. They have o clerics, but several have religion; they presume it's a ghost.

One reaches out to stab it with their ghost touch silver dagger. If he hadn't had resistance to acid, it would have been much more amusing, but as it was, the gelatinous cube gripped his arm mercilessly, and slowly started to engulf him.

What made it all the more amusing is this is a monster I'd warned them about months before.

>lewd OP

>playtest Tome-Smiter
>feels very unimpressive against a bane boosted aether rounds avowed
>realize I forgot to use half their abilities
So at least I've confirmed that it's not broken.

Last time we ran into slimes was the previous campaign, andit was a whole cavern of carnivorous crystals. It was probably the roughest fight we had that campaign, even over an enemy party a couple levels above us. So many crits...

And for ooze girls, we once fought an incorporeal demon chick that could possess ooze and slime. Not exactly a slimegirl, but the closest we ever encountered.

>when the barbarian fails her fortitude saves
>twice

Docile slimes trapped city cesspits means super recycling capability.

My GM has giving me a vague sense of the time period of his setting, a mixture. How do I encourage him to narrow it and keep the focus instead of playing multiple periods at the same time?

How about you don't? Do you know anything about historical development? Countries change at different rates. People were shooting knights in platemail for centuries and fending off slavers with cannons

What do you mean by 'vague'? Because maybe you think it's vague, but it's actually historically accurate.

I legit do not have any interest in playing any 1st Party classes?

How do I fix this? Do I even fix this?

You don't D&D and derivatives were never fucking ever supposed to emulate a specific point in time.

Depends. What style of play do you tend towards?

What do you mean?

Like do you go for martials, casters, some kind of mix, do you go for skills/diplomacy, what kind of things do you like to do in combat, etc.

Combine Rake archetype with Shattered Defenses and once you get that first sneak attack you're set. Just don't miss.

Oh, and add some sniper goggles for added range at some point.

I usually prefer blaster style casters, followed by martial types. I go for skills when I can(so pretty much whenever the character is Int based)

What's your preferred poison for game night?

Just going to drop this in case someone else want a to try it out. It's fun with a katana!

drive.google.com/open?id=1YoGQ5031pWk4b_hspRK-EBklLKTxa3inlnaU2l6G3qM

Thick rods of meat
[Spoiler]Sausage :^)[/spoiler]

>drinking

>What's your preferred poison for game night?

Half and Half of Kahlua with milk. Fucks me up for the night.

Why aren't you playing a severist?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/gungnir-gamedev/severist/

It's basically the coolest 3pp class.

Apple cider, Kahlua and Creme/Mudslide, or whatever wine I have hanging around, because I don't keep a cabinet with all the mixed drinks I like. And a lot of home-made mixes for certain drinks taste like crap.

Remember to eat something hearty when you drink user!

Because it's bad

>Apple cider, Kahlua and Creme/Mudslide, or whatever wine I have hanging around, because I don't keep a cabinet with all the mixed drinks I like

>Cider
>Creme
>Kahlua
>Wine

Water. Alcohol started to be a problem when it became my go-to solution for boredom and it was wrecking me. But I loved me a whiskey and cola mix to sip on.

Spiced rum. Usually until I pass out PMing my crushes after session.

Problem, faggo?

Beer and wine, desu. I've been avoiding hard liquor due to my tendency to overindulge.

What tier is this class at?

It's okay if you don't like them, user. What we drink and what we eat are deeply personal choices we make every day. I hope you at least enjoy what you intake, as I will continue to do the same.

Don't forget to do it in moderation!

We always hear about the blacksmith's daughter but would you marry his cheerful son?

>Usually until I pass out PMing my crushes after session

>mfw you wake up the next day to a steamy exchange you only half-remember.

IN A FUCKING HEARTBEAT

Oh no, no problem at all. I'm just saying those are pretty girlish drinks.

First time we did we ran into a mustard jelly with the fiendish template

"It's an oozw" we think "It can't do shit" we think.

Three rounds later I realize that my iteratives never connect, vital strike doesn't work and the frontline cleric is getting smitten because it has the fiendish template. When we think we might be killing it, it splits and goes to town on me too.

Fucker made me chuck my jar of dijon out of the window in frustration.

I want to make a Razmiran Priest with a well groomed moustache, a deep booming laugh, and this theme song!

youtube.com/watch?v=quxTnEEETbo

that's what you get for underestimating slimes

Start with some shitty juice mixed with some shitty vodka, work up to an Old Fashioned and finish the night by breaking out the mixing equipment and make a blue angel as a goodbye.

Dumb frogposter

I do not drink because I'm not a pathetic weakling of low character and moral standing who needs alcohol to get themselves through life.

Enjoy your wasted calories you inebriated fat asses.

You, are, however, someone who needs to reassure himself by shitting on others.
t. doesn't drink either

It sounds delicious, did you try eating it?

Unlike beer? Beer got its start with women, being specially protected by female gods. Making it into the dude drink of choice is relatively recent as far as history goes, about 150 years or so, or the advent of industrialization of brewing.

Also I just don't like the taste. If I'm going to do alcohol I'd rather go a little harder than beer normally runs, and pay more for a flavor I enjoy. Alcohol is for enjoyment after all!

W-what's that cropped from?

Why not? It feels good. If they are allowed to drink themselves to an idiotic stupor because 'muh feels'then I'm allowed to be an asshole on the internet.

Let's turn this question around and flip it upside down.

What's your character's preferred poison?

Pretty much
>Welp, I guess it's one of those extra long teatime kind of days.

Cider isn't girlish you fucking idiot. It's harvest festival as fuck. I oughta burn you alive, son.

Cider is only enjoyed by mustache-twirling, plaid-shirt wearing, soft armed, bacon eating, thick-glasses sporting, dyed haired, Seattle-living, Bull prepping NuMales.

>harvest gods and brewery gods send their disciples to war with each other over who owns the metaphysical rights to getting shitfaced

Having a hard time settling on a class, Anons.
I just want to be able to shoot things with a bow and not suck at skills, is Slayer the best class for that or should I go with the non-hybrid Ranger because ranged sneak attacks almost never occur?

How do I make pic related in Pathfinder?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo-oracle-mysteries/dragon-oracle-mystery/

>someone literally applied with a meme rape elf to Dimensional Ark Bamboozle
ebin

Yup, Slayer's your best bet. For added fun, grab the (Sniper) archetype and try going for a Far Shot build.

Ranged sneak attacks almost never happen, but favored enemy is something that happens very often in a game that has some kind of theme. (I.e. undead campaign, humans always work, magical beasts, etcetcetc) along with getting a couple useful spells and other abilities. Your bond can help you a ton too if you get something like a giant snail or slug and ride it around, because then you get two ranged attacks and have the bonus of being mounted as a ranger.

Is Ranger/Slayer too redundant?

I don't have one, but you know what enrages me?

When someone orders a water or milk during a tavern scene, not only is that anachronistic it's dweeby.

come on user haven't you heard of Chaotic as an alignment

Lots of overlap, so kind of.

>Because RPG style taverns were real things.

DWEEB. I SAID DWEEB. PEOPLE WHO ORDER WATER AND MILK ARE HUGE FUCKING DWEEBS AND I WANT TO BULLY THEM. STEAL THEIR HATS OR BOOKS AND DANGLE THEM JUST OUT OF REACH!

I hope the FotJR group has a lot of fun tonight! Try not to shoot each others' clothes off any more.

Wine for two characters, actually. That's kinda odd, since it's comfortable a high middle grade for me personally.

The other likes ales and lagers but avoids all drink for fear of losing control and getting into embarrassing bedroom entanglements like before.

>Being a pushover who can't say "no."

>Like before

Explain.

No because we are normally functioning people despite the games of our choice.

>When someone orders a water or milk during a tavern scene, not only is that anachronistic it's dweeby.
I'd like a glass of water with a side order of digestive upset.

>literally some fucking woodsman fucking Gallic savage shit
>numale
Pretty sure they didn't have your vaunted adversary subculture in pre-Roman mustachioed fuckistan

When he was younger, a married Taldan woman on the prowl for exotic meat took advantage of his inebriated state for a night. The dishonor of it all has shamed him ever since.

>TFW male rape is seen as a comedic backstory element while female rape is seen as tragedy

KYRAS PLEASE GO

>Thinking that in any way is a counterpoint to complaining about the anachronistic factor to a thing that never existed.

Oh god, a cryptid scholar is basically a Bigfoot Expert but not a crackpot.

Water was anachronistic because it wasn't clean. When Create Water is a 0th level spell and CWI doesn't have a level restriction any town of a reasonable size would have the local Adept in charge of installing Faucets of Create Water in local taverns.

Alchemists

Bonus points if you play him as a crackpot looking for creatures that are just too stupid to exist but then you actually end up finding them

It's not funny. The dude legitimately won't drink socially unless he has no other choice. He's also got weird hang-ups about older woman authority figures now too, which is awkward when you worship a powerful goddess.

Oh sure, so I guess we should have cameras and latex condoms in our setting now, if we're just going to ignore everything about the time period.

>Al Gore is a Cryptid Scholar

You can use magic to recreate any image you really need to. And there's things that can record sound or keep an image.

And there's magic to prevent conception. If not magic, I bet there's a herb that does it, especially if we want to be really realistic. It was so popular we ate it to extinction, and now the closest thing you can do is overdose on parsley tea.

I promise nothing

I think he should stay.

If there were a "Create cameras and condoms" 1st level spell that 5 out of 100 people could cast then yeah, going "They don't fit my views of how fairytail taverns in not!medieval Scotland would work! Reeeeeee!" would be just as retarded as complaining about water.

>le water wasn't safe to drink meme

kys armchair historian

Beer, I'm partial to IPA's and Pale Ales

What time period? When was the last time period one in fifty people could make a barrel's worth of fresh, clean water appear out of nowhere by being an Adept 1 three times a day?

>cameras
Silent Image, silent films have now become obselete as long as you have a bunch of Wizard 1 who go to school to learn how to create entertaining silent films with glowing subtitle letters.

>latex condoms
You don't need condoms when Block Seed from BoEF exists.

You see, I can drink in moderation, it doesn't seem you can control how shotty you are, I feel sorry for you.

You could use a beer.

Insanity mist soaked into tobacco.

It eases the pain of her badly healed leg.

MA NO. THINGS ARE LEWD ENOUGH.

Slayer can pick up Ranger Combat styles, you know.

Those robes look extremely comfy.

What is the comfiest pair of clothes in your character's inventory?

You didn't let me finish.

KYRAS PLEASE GO AND BE THE HERO YOU WERE BORN TO BE

>can't afford a regeneration spell

Lol poorfag! I get my limbs chopped off all the time and can afford them just fine. Sometimes I cut them off just for fun! Maybe I can lend you my leg, seeing as its not a pathetic poorfag gimp's leg! Hahahaha!!

>mfw I don't need a face when levelets complain about small level problems

Isn't it 10,000 to buy regeneration?