sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOnVirSpRi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does the pimp cane count as a power maul?

Any word on Secutarii getting updates for 8th?

I can see an argument for power sword as well as power maul

1000 point severe autism list: I'm special edition

Standard force org

HQ
Emperor's Champion - 140 points
Troops
Crusader Squad #1 - Choppy designation
4 Additional Initiates, 9 Neophytes, 1 Sword brother, 2 power axes - 256 points
Crusader squad #2 Shooty cappy designation
5 additional neophytes, plasma gun, rhino - 170 points
Crusader Squad #3 Heavy designation
3 Additional initiates, 1 sword brother, plasma gun, lascannon - 157 points
++Fast attack
Bike squad, 2x meltas, 1x combi melta - 103 points
++Elites
Ironclad Dreadnought, double flamers, seismic hammer, drop pod - 180 points

1006/1000
Thoughts? What should i cut to make it sub-1000? Is this even good? Should i kill myself? How do i get a gf?

Space Marine army, Black Templar chapter

Also sorry about the formatting, i was just brainstorming it on my phone and wanted to write it out fast

Think I'm gonna start collecting either on the weekend or next week. Gonna buy first unit and paint starter set from local store to build some goodwill.

Quick question though: outside stuff like paints, clippers, brushes and so on, what else is essential? How many dice are needed?

At least this many more if you gonna start with a hoard. Saw an orcs game on MWG where the dude had to roll 80 d6's.

Dice count depends on the army. Normally a brick of 36 does more than well enough.

You want a tape measure naturally, one that's reasonably sturdy so it holds it's shape when you extend it. I prefer auto-locking tape measures that only retract when I hold the button.

You'll also want a way to transport the models around. The box they came in works if they aren't too fragile, but once you start painting a safer transport options is recommended.

Not more than 1-2 boxes i'd say. Buy them from Chessex as the other user is suggesting.

Plan on going Thousand Sons. Most I'll have to roll is 16 or so surely

Can't you just cut a neophyte or initiate from one of the squads to get sub 1000? Also is this a 7th ed. List?

Black templar glass house man here, you might want to reconsider your choice of army since they're not very strong. (Only applicable if you plan on playing to win)

>People spelling 'horde' as 'hoard'

Gets me every fucking time

Yes it isa 7th, but 8th isn't out yet right? If it is, where can i find it and an 8th SM codex? Also you might be right about just cutting a dude

Are dark eldar better when run as dark eldar or as ynnari in 8th?

>Also you might be right about just cutting a dude

Wow slow down there, no need to get violent.

8th edition will be out next week on friday at midnight.

>be out of home of extended periods of time
>8th is leaked
>can't remember which models do i own so can't make lists

>tfw I can't afford the WH40k Limited Edition
>tfw it will probably sell out before I can raise the necessary capital
I wanted to use it even and not scalp it to a sucker like me on eBay or elsewhere.

Truly the darkest time-line.

>Ironclad Dreadnought, [...] drop pod
That's illegal
Also, I don't think you can get a dread + a drop-pod for 180pts anyway so check your maths

Not playing to win.

I want a shooty elite army and I think Space Marines are boring.

Oh feck off. It's far too early into this edition to be making statements like that. I mean, according to these threads, three days ago necrons and eldar were shit-tier unplayable, but yesterday they were apparently ridiculously OP. Don't tell people not to collect the army the love based on Veeky Forums's kneejerk fuckwittery.

>A whole week to find out that Black Templars now have been entirely squatted after all the agressive infringements prior

7e List dude...

Fuck off noone plays that old shit

remember June 9th 2017

Oh shit, you're playing 7th.
Well you really should say so

Dark eldar IMO. Power from pain is pretty great, and I'm not convinced soulburst will fire as often as people seem to think.

>7th ed is now banned from Veeky Forums but 8th ed isn't out
I guess that means it's time for shitpost hyperdrive

What happened?

Is plasma just straight up better than melta now?

Hu, we already have all the rules mate. They aren't squatted, we have roughly the same options. Only thing is that there are no chapter tactics (not just for BT, for anyone, no one have chapter-tied rules ...for now, according to rumors about the codexes)

Apparently he does.

We have all the rules for 8th and quite a lot of fa/tg/uys have already played some games. Some shops even allow you to read the rules for free and try games of the new edition.

>not playing to win

user honey, the entire point of a game is to win.
I think you are confusing "play to win" with "win at all cost"

No...
Plasma is a great infantry killer, Melta is a solid vehicle/character/monster killer.

How do you guys think a Venerable Dread should be kitted out if I want it to baby sit a couple of Dev squads and have it counter charge anything that gets too close for comfort?

Thinking the CC weapon w/heavy flamer but don't know which to pick from the choice of twin-lascannon, heavy plasma cannon, and assault cannon.

why are APL and Hollywood distorted but Sark looks normal?

CC weapon Assault Cannon would be my go to. Get down as many shots as possible and kill shit before it gets close enough to consider charging.

8th didn't change my play style that much. I just use less models since my usual MSU list where I could put over 9 transport (will still paying for all of them) needs to be in a massive 4K game.

I'd go twin heavy bolter for anti-horde, Heavy plasma cannon if you fear Termi deep-strike, lascannon if you fear vehicles.

/pol/ posting saved a thread from heavy autism.

Is there a leak for the entire 8th rulebook?A
Searched the links but couldnt find it

Assault cannon is best for all around firepower, lascannon is for if you don't have enough high d weapons in your list, plasma cannons on dreads are a bad joke.

Has this thread been archived? I need to see this!

Are you autistic or straight retarded?

It should have a drawing of Cawl on the OP if it is.

On another note, if two units are still locked in combat from the previous turn, who strikes first in this new round of combat?

How will the recent election effect 40k?

The players alternate picking units to fight starting with the player whose turn it is.

>black templars
If they're a melee chapter then why is their statline and USRs identical to that of any other marine?

whoever's turn it is picks a unit to fight
then the opponent picks
continues in rotation until everyone is done picking

Wow my 2,000point is now just over 1600 so I'm cosindering adding stuff.

>USR
thats cute

>There are people who play 7E in the current year

Don't.
Ironman that shit and take on 2,000pts with yoyr 1,600 pt army.

Corbachev will mandate Tau be given the main protagonist role

That sounds really bad. Does it work in practice?

>playing that garbage heap that is 8th
How are those d6 earthshakers treating you?

It counts as power

Yes, and it works really well.

It's essentially the same as 7th edition barring significant initiative gaps

They are still a thing.

Do you think having AP listed as "+"(3) versus "-"(3) would speed up the game?
It seems pretty easy to consider a weapon's armor penetration value as a positive, especially from its own sheet. It also seems like an easier bit of math that doesn't break immersion.

It's BETTER coz its FASTER ok!

They're not in the upcoming FW indexes, so either in IA14 or not at all (i.e. 30k only)

It's the same thing you dumb idiot. Go learn English again.

I think it works really well.
First the units that charged this turn attack, which buffs CC units.
After that, starting with the active player, you pick units that haven't fought yet and attack with them, then your opponent chooses a unit.
Do you want to choose unit A over unit B to decimate his HQ or risk unit A losing a few guys because you really need unit B to strike first?

How much faster does this game need to be????????????????????????????

We're talking seconds here. When will you fucking people be sated?????????

The very same dude counted wrong in just about every way possible, he should've been closer to half that many attacks

Don't know, I play Chaos.
And I didn't have any blast weapons in my army before, I had flame and line.

It is functional, but clunky and boring. Thankfully most combats are done in a single round, either because the unit that was charged was wiped or it fell back.

After watching battlereports, it looks like it does.

>People spelling 'horde' as 'hoard'

The horde is composed of models from the Player's hoard.

>1000 point games taking the same as 1850pts in 7th
>faster
Top kek

Since when is efficiency NOT a desirable aspect?

DUP will make the Imperium of Man real
youtube.com/watch?v=WOnVirSpRi4

They want a videogame where all the computations are made automatically. Because math sucks, amirite?

Pretty good. How are those riptide wings treating ya?

>Do you think having AP listed as "+"(3) versus "-"(3) would speed up the game?
How would this speed up the game

It will if you are a five-year-old who cannot do subtractions

you do realise AP is a modifier to the dice roll, right? the armour save is still three plus, you just apply a -3 to the die, effectively making it a 6+ save.

When it's at the cost of other aspects. I could have a 5 minute game of 40k consisting of a single model per side and it would be efficient, but it wouldn't be fun

>decide on mission
>roll off
>winner chooses deployment
>spend fifteen minutes deploying
>roll off
>winner if the roll off wins the game
>gg

Are you retarded?

>implying there are taufags in my flgs
>implying we dont outright refuse games against waacfags while the shitty random blasts are an integral part of the game
Ya dun goofed

best tape measures are from hardware stores, imho.

I think it might just be a mild dyslexic reaction that I experience but when i do math; i don't think "3-3=6".

Absolutely agree there, but now you're just strawmaning it. The way blasts and deviation were handled in 40k was retarded. Rolling the scatter die and fuckin around with opponents who can't draw a straight line in their head was a waste of time and effort. Is it better now? sure. Is it the best it could have been? Pretty sure it isn't, but I'll take an improvement over things being worse.

Sorry I forgot this was a no fun allowed zone.

Why we can wound on 7+ but cant save on 7+?

what about use blasts but make them hit or miss without scatter dic?

The minus is on the dice of the save roll.

I think that's his point, making it a + seems like it would make it easier to convey the concept to new people for me

Thoughts on paint scheme for Thousand Sons? Any cool non original ones?

Red and gold seems quite cool as an alternative.

So tell me what it is that blasts add to the game instead of being a faggot.

If a model has the FLY keyword, does that mean I can place it over other models? Wouldn't the base just slide off MCs?

Seconds of immersion breaking, clunky, backwards math that doesn't need to be that way. It's like a sentence that doesn't not suck.

d6 vs 2 wounds, but plasma does get 2 shots at melta range. I'm still on the fence about it.

Since melta still does as much max damage as a krak missile/lascannon, I'm more inclined to use lascannons. (wish it were 2d6 instead of 2xd6 pick higher).

Are Unionists the biggest cucks in history?

1000 points BLACK TEMPLARS

PATROL DETACHMENT

emperor's champion
5 Crusaders, meltagun ccw/bp and power fist
6 Crusaders, meltagun ccw/bp and power sword
Razorback tl hb
Razorback tl hb
Ironclad dreadnought ccw chainfist, meltagun and heavy flamer
Thunderfire cannon
5 crusaders 2 neophytes, ccw/bp, Flamer and power sword
Drop pod, stormbolter

Exactly 1000 points. Should i add more shooting?