mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be me
>play emperor's children
>love the new noise marines, they're awesome
>go to store
>play a game against chad
>he sets up his Primaris Marines™
>god i wish my models were as tall as his
>we begin the game
>he deep strikes his Primaris Inceptors™ into my noise marine squad, killing 2 of them on the charge with a well used Command Point™ reroll, killing the rest of them in a single combat phase
>well that's ok i guess, i have a few more squads lef-
>his Primaris Hellblasters™ rip my chaos lord to shreds
>finally my sonic weapons are in range
>aim and fire
>all my rolls missed
>my marines are too short to have any effect on the superior aryan Primaris Marines™
>watch helplessly as that squad is ripped apart by Primaris Intercessor™ Bolt Rifle™ fire
>as he slowly tables me, he looks me in the eyes
>"that's what you get for playing noiselets"
>i can hear the sounds of his laughter closing in on me
>run home as they chase me out of the store chanting “NOISELET NOISELET NOISELET”
>they trash my forgeworld sonic dreadnought with a hammer but i managed to escape with the rest of my army
>burn all my models but the metal parts won’t set on fire
>vow to never play 40k again

So I have through 7th and plan on into 8th run infantry heavy Tau, because Fire Warriors a best. I was thinking 1 fire warrior squad with Carbines to every 2 with Rifles. Thoughts?

I could see it working- Carbines used to be pretty clearly inferior to Rifles (pinning wasn't worth much, the 3" longer 2-shot range wasn't enough to balance out losing 12" of max range), but now that Assault units can Advance and still shoot, Carbine-FW can act as more mobile troops.

How long did you wait for a new thread to post that?

Eh, too forced

We need a regiment from a very "gang-rule" hive world, where your commander stands in full fur-coat wearing a purple feather pimp hat using rules such as this!

That's my thinking as well. It was so damn difficult to actually advance on a position in 7th, Carbine warriors seem to actually be worth taking now

What faction seems to have the most effective Deep Strike capability in 8e? And does anyone know offhand which factions can do it?

They have the required keywords, but they lack the act of faith special rule.

Read as written, this means Celestine and the imagifiers can grant them an act of faith, but they can't benefit from the army wide one. It's hard to tell if that's intentional or just badly worded.

Go to store to buy paint.
forget list
get there
buy paints
come home, realize i only bought one paint on my list.

FUCK.

i mean i like the other colours i bought but i completely forgot why i wanted certain colours until i got home.

Wait, so apparently in melee Halberds are now equal to Staves or something?

The vast majority of DS options let you set aside units to later drop into the field greater than 9" away from nearest enemy. Are you looking for the faction with the greatest amount of DS, or ones with extra DS abilities?

Tervigon can allow other 'nids to DS with it.

Whatever. They look 100x better

I dunno
Lots of things that can deepstrike in basically identical ways

>20 plastic MkIII or MKIV Marines from GW is $100
>the same plastic kit plus 20 shoulders, 10 heads, and 5 torsos is $115 from forgeworld

What did GW mean by this?

>buying Manlet marines

>my crotch is an XV25 suit
>your argument is invalid

Tyranids probably

9th edition when??

Would any of you be interested in some writefaggotry I did out of boredom?

Have you played against Tau yet?

What were they using?

Who won?

No. Go to /r/fanfiction instead.

IG has the cheapest deep striking units as troops, iirc.

Which army has the most possible combinations of units and upgrades?

Tau?

Are Grey Knights looking viable this edition, or are they sitting on the shelf again?

Both, I guess? I'm looking for something that you can play like old Raven Guard where (at least from what i've read, I didn't play then) you're holding a fuckton in reserve then plop them down at once to deliver high alpha. I was thinking 50% units with Deep Strike paired with high alpha/long range units. Ideally the units on the table at the start would be sturdy enough to survive the opponent's first turn if you go second, then you'd unload everything on your turn.

Tau Crisis Suits are probably the single most customizable unit right now, but 8e really bumped up their price. Tyranids have a fair amount of options?

There's also zero difference between a power maul and a power lance.

Just like last time little bobby. Gotta make it seem ambiguious and not intended as an insult to anyone but the noiselet. The chad marine player shouldn't realize he's triggering the autism of the manlet and his infirior models.

You probably want some flavor of assault-oriented SM, a lot have jetpack deployment that gives them DS.

Of possible interest is that Summoning in 8e is now a really strange version of deep-strike, where you pay for the units you summon, but don't need to pick them until you summon, and the summoning itself isn't a psychic power.

>buying directly from GW

they raaaaape everything

I was leaning towards IG for this:
I was thinking something like Scions+Assassins+artillery. Maybe manticores and a couple HWS mortars bubblewrapped in conscripts.

You just need a pair of transports to survive a turn

they look alright, dreadknight got curbed and they're about the same speed. not sure if that puts them above or just at daemons level

i know a few who play grey knights nearby so it's time to get some revenge for my daemons

IMO, GK for best alpha strike, nids for highest chance of turn one DS charge, and IG for point efficiency.

>ffw your primarch is dead and will never come back

No. Force staves are +2S -1AP, Halberds are +1S -2AP. Nemesis staves in particular confer a 5+ invuln in melee or add +1 to an existing invuln. So yes, take storm shields and warding staves on your GK librarians for 2+ invuln in melee.

1850 of Thousand Sons

Daemon Prince of Tzeench 189
Sorcerer with jump pack, axe and combi-bolter 132

2x10 Rubrics with Soulreaper Canon 490
2x10 Tzaangors 140
Five Rubrics with Warpflamers 185
Rhino with combi-bolters and havoc launcher 85

SoT termies with missile rack and soulreaper 266

Maulerfiend 161
Predator with las turret and sponsons 202

DP is the Warlord, and he will be hanging out with two Rubric squads and the Predator giving them his aura and using Prescience to buff them up. Tzaangors will be meatshields on the middle on the board, while Maulerfiends and Rhino with Warpflame Rubrics are taking a flank each. Sorcerer and termies are in reserve, either reacting to enemy's deepstrikes or attacking opportune targets, with sorc using warpfate to ensure that termies will get their charge.

Thoughts? Should i swap puppy or pred out for a Heldrake?

I like that idea too. Cheap HWS and Sentinels to cover the 50% on the table rule, then everything else deepstrikes.
>It's raining men

Just finished Imperial Knights page. Now have the main T'au stuff, BA, and IK. Requests for next? Default is working on Necrons.

Newfag here, need a link to the online visual list builder please!

>tfw your factories build a new primarch every day

It's only updated with a few factions, you'll need to be patient. It's literally the first google result for "40k list builder"

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/

For what?
I request Dark Angels.

GCS? they should be pretty quick since a lot of it is IG stuff.

Ferrus Mannus?

I- Is deathwatch ok in this edition ? They were really meh in the last one

Massively buffed all around. Literally the only downside is that new deep strike doesn't let you hit with incinerators right away due to the range.

How did Shadowsun survive getting impaled on a lightning claw?

Check the bottom link in the OP, I've been working on a giant google-sheet calculating damage outputs and damage-cost-efficiencies for various units versus various targets.

So I have a considerable mechanized force of imperial fists third company marines. Ive got the starter set coming so I've got some chads to paint soon. Im trying to decide what I want to do with them - add to my company? Make them ultras for the guilliman I painted to hang out with? Make a Successor fists chapter and finally escape the tyranny of yellow armor? I can't decide!

>Woooooh
>I am the ghost of Ferrusss Manusss
>I want my stickyyy
>Woooooh

CSM have to be on the list for giant Terminator squad plus warptime.

Yes, to be rapidly ground to dust in 8'th.

Grey Knights please kind sir.

>Cheetah anons are such idiots that they out themselves by their own will and get themselves banned yet again, rather than finding someway to infiltrate and avoid being rightfully punished

They're still shit I'm afraid. Maybe next time buddy.

Of course who else?

Nids, Scions, Grey Knights, and Blood Angels, imo

How should they even infiltrate?

Sorry for your loss, Alpharius

Any updated army list builder yet? I'd like to start mussing about.

Ghostrider Ferrus when

Imperial Guard. We don't have anything on any of the list builders that I know of, and the thing I cludged up on Battlescribe only gets me so far.

DA, GSC, and GK added to to-do list in that order. I suppose I should actually do the main SM units at some point, so people can compare versus things like basic Tacticals...

Can confirm Scarab occult are pretty brutal with this as well.

I'm doing damage-calcs, not making a list-builder, sorry. The main visual list-builder is actively being updated for 8th, it'll likely be done in a couple of weeks.

Not shitposting is probably the best option
Maybe having more subtle shitposts or something? Or maybe don't respond to everything with tons upon tons of kek, lmao, cheetahs, etc? I dunno.

Thanks m8 I'll keep an eye out. Are you storing these anywhere for public viewing? Google doc or something?

Nevermind, just realized who you are. Sorry about that.
Where are the rules on half of your army being on the board? Looked through the rulebook and couldn't find anything about that.

Had that feeling while reading their rules. I'm so sad I can't play my lovely models

That's not quite the right caliber, I think. This is more like it, and you literally cannot hurt it with anything less than knocking off D3HP with a D weapon less than half the time you hit it if it is properly positioned.

Also Breath of the Gods > Emperor, Hereteks forever.

I'm just hoping some how the Sanguinar is like the spirit of Sanguinius and they find a way to revive him.

It's in the section about matched play. Bottom right.

Hopefully doen has done better than his hand.

Check bottom link in the OP, it's all on a public-view google sheet.

>my army is not OP so I can't play
fag

It doesn't specify that it's half your units by #. I choose to interpret it as half by weight and bring 1 metal vehicle model + 90% deep striking infantry

When were you when Nids were T1?

MS Paint challenge.

>Ork boys first day in Dakka school

It literally does. Keked anyway though.

Orks do not go to school.

>Deep strike
found the only clue that says this post is false, deep strike dosent exist

Sanguinor isn't Sanguinius, it's the ghost or survivor of one of Sanguinius's original Sanguinary Guard bodyguards who drew lots to become Sangunius's representative, the two last lots had one killed and the other had the mask seared onto his face so none of the others would know which SG survived and he would truly become Sanguinius's representative by throwing away his own identity

That was the first original Sanguinor

I interpret "number" to be weight. Weight is a number

Armies will be rebalanced when the codices come out so don't worry.

Who won between the Crud's Howling Griffons and Genestealer Cultists?

Unfortunately, Crud won through retreating his captain around the end if I recall.

At last I truly see.

>hull points
>d weapons
Where do you think you are

>That was the first original Sanguinor
Which is irrelevant. That's not what the current Sanguinor is. It's some sort of Warp entity.

Howling Griffons by a hair. It came down to a Razorback exploding and killing a bunch of cultists around it.

Sounds like a fun game.

>Weight is a number
No it isnt

It can be represented by a number

so im reading dark imperium, and theres a part where guilliman is back on home planet in ultramarine space, and hes remembering way back when, and one of his thoughts is where for a brief period the primarch Sanguinius had sat as Emperor, when did that ever happen?

Will IA Fires of Cyraxus give the Admech access to other imperium vehicles like HH?

It was cool, I hope it makes it into the lore as a fluff blurb.

I'm not searching an OP army, I just want to have fun with my army (that's why I've modelled it whithout looking at the rules) but DW is extremely weak and therefore not fun to play.