Family Tomb. What sort of traps can i have?

i wrote up a small dungeon Esque tomb for my game, i filled it with a couple simple traps and a one "puzzle" where they need to find 2 keys.

The story is they were tracking down some criminals who were hiding out in this family tomb. they've just found the criminals and it was revealed their next heist was to break into the family vault. the players are now debating wether to break into the vault themselves since they apprehended the criminals.

the tomb is full of magic traps placed by the family, and some cruddy traps created by the criminals when they were hiding out. I've never actually done traps before so the only traps I've got here are
- Arrow traps (Criminals)
- Lightning Runes (Family)
- Auto Sealing Doors (Family)
- Rocks Falling (Criminals)
- Acid Spray (Family)
- Summon Guardian Spirits (Family)

im just looking to improve these a bit, it feels a bit lackluster. this is the tomb, ill post another version with the locations of the traps

Other urls found in this thread:

deepnight.net/tools/tabletop-rpg-map-editor/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The goal is for them to reach the final room (all the way on the right) by getting the two key pieces, when they open the doors the two tomb guardians will rise (maybe 4, the party is kinda strong) and the treasure will be thiers.

The one to the north is a kinda lame area, all they have to do is navigate a barely maze like area with some light explosives and doors that lock them in until they can break out. Randomly until they find the key.

The one to the south requires them to dig around in the dark looking for what looks to be the key piece, with dangerous terrain and some enemies. They dig around in the pool to find the last piece.

Thats about it.

Pit fiend.
Never can go wrong with a Pit Fiend.

Use 1/10th or fewer that many traps and fill the dungeon with other stuff. Unless your players love tapping through dungeons flagstone-by-flagstone, traps must be used sparingly. Otherwise everyone will stop having fun after about the second trap.

Have an illusion of a chest or other container full of gold coins. When players step near it it explodes or spikes burst out of the floor or something.

>Cue the ghostly echoes of haughty laughter echoing throughout the dungeon.

Plot twist - the family who hid all their wealth inside their tomb were greedy assholes who couldnt stand the thought of anyone else getting their money.

Did you grab the map out of a book or is it something you made? I'd love whatever program this is for some quick and dirty mockups.

i use deep night, its my favorite. i think I'm the only guy on here who keeps shilling it, its free to use and super simple.

deepnight.net/tools/tabletop-rpg-map-editor/

what would you recommend? i dont want to go too heavy on enemies, but i can't think of something else than traps

Thanks mate, this'll be super handy.

You need enemies. Ask yourself the question: what was the nature of this family? Would they be willing to say, intentionally put evil undead or summoned demons in the crypt to guard it? Otherwise, consider constructs of some sort: Animated armor, golems, moving statues. Elementals work as well.

Have only family or criminal traps in a certain area, makes it easier to comprehend where they were

how "rich" would ths family be?
could have servent or slave ou have been encased with them that come back to stop the families crot being ransacked, or possible some stone knights or golem that get triggered through a pressure plate?

bump

oh didnt see these.

alright, ill re adjust some of the placements, probably keep the criminals to the lower half.

the family i think has lots of money because that would warrant all the protection and the vault of treasure

I would recommend having one portion of the tomb with only criminal traps to indicate the area that they cleared out and were staying in. The other portion wasn't cleared out by them (yet, at least) and has family traps and natural enemies like oozes, fungi, or a nest of dire rats.

Adding on that, a single incorporeal undead could attack them once in a while, then run off to fight them again later and they can't chase it because it just disappears through the walls. Then, if it is still alive by the time they get to the end, then it helps out the other two guardians you were planning on having.

Can you post the completed map?

what do you mean? thats the complete map. unless you mean labeled traps?

Yeah, and the finalized locations

I was about to suggest that you have the family, which are now ghosts, follow the party into the part that they still hold and curse taunt and mislead them. Then the final trap is a spell that turns them into wraiths or ghouls with the family head attacking with animated objects.

darkest dungeon meets scooby doo