/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Adventure on the seven seas edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939472379
discord.gg/Zeh7nhC
battlescribe.net)
llamaserver.net/sombre/Dominions3/Mods/ModCatalogue/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A few minutes too late edition.

Elf waifus soon(tm)

>want a mod that makes the damsels look different from each other based on their Lores
>find it
>don't like the look of them

Well fuck me then.

What do they look like?

I like that mod. Damsels have some more overt elvish influence, especially the lore of beasts one.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939472379

> Elf crocs.

No thanks.

>on Veeky Forums
>doesn't like elf feet

Hm. I kind of like them. Thanks for the link.

It's an alright mod, I just don't really like the look they went with. Can't say what would make it better - I would've been happy with different dress colors I guess.

I wonder if greenskin posture could be transposed on to damsel bodies to make some hunchbacked crone damsels.

I dunno, it might make their models look twisted. But I'm pretty sure it's in the lore that all damsels are young, and there don't seem to be any old ones. Of course, in Kislev it's a miracle to get a practitioner of magic that's a young woman...

I don't think I want to see what that looks like.

it will look like a bugged model. You can't change the skeletons in the game so no hunchbacked crones sadly.
I tried using dwarfs with human heads as a stand in for halflings.
it was bad.

Do any of you use your Warhammer collections to play skirmish games now and then?

I remember someone here posted an 'Oldhammer' warband of 80's models on round bases and he said he used it to play Oldhammer with, but to my knowledge Oldhammer is 3rd edition. I just wondered if he was still here or if anyone knew what he was on about?

I remember someone made Kislev war bears out of reskinned Demigryphs, they looked ridiculous.

There's also those mods for Empire Merc Ogres that were basically scaled-up bald Slayers/half-naked Irondrakes, they were hilarious.

Why isn't there a Hogwarts faction modded in to Warhammer Total War?

Because Hufflepuff would be too OP.

Ilvermony>Hogwarts.

winds of magic would deplete fast and then you would have a bunch of sub par melee units.

Seeing a bunch of nerds flailing uselessly at charging cavalry would be pretty funny.

Vlad and Isabella are cute.

Vlad and Isabella were the best! Manfred is a stupid nerd that can't stop slobbing on Nagash.

It seems fitting: the greatest romance of the setting isn't between Karl Franz and his waifu, or Leoun and his lady, but between two undead beings who swore of the shackles of humanity years ago and are twisted in everything but their devotion for each other. How lovely, yet grimdark.

Well, technically Orion and Ariel count as a romance, but it's never really looked at much.

Karl Franz has a waifu?

He's got a wife and two kids.

Do we even know their names?

Is it really a romance or is it just like the high elf queen and king that just freely do whomever they want?

No, that’s how relevant they are!

We know his son is named Luitpold, but that's all I know.

Considering that Orion and Ariel were once two elves, but were sacrificed to the forest to act as their eternal rulers, I'm pretty sure it is a romance.

His son is Luitpold. He features in a few of the Genevieve novels.
And I think his nephew is Wolfgang. He's the Crown Prince in The Enemy Within, but I can't actually find his specific relation.

>nu-Vlad and nu-Isabella

No End Times allowed. End Times means everything published after 2006 by the way, including those shitty new models.

Its based of their Total war warhamemr models. Which doesnt include the end times.

I'm going to keep some of the art and some of the unique regiments, though. That stuff was the shit and can easily be brought back into pre-ET stuff half the time.

Besides, a few even have interesting tidbits of fluff - one of the undead regiments mentions how necromantic energy actually changes the designs on shields and banners. It helps explain why apparently every VC skeleton has bats and skulls and shit on their shields.

>3e was rough but it had the germ of something cool in it.

Yeah, it's called Star Wars: Edge of the Empire.

Much as I love that system, I will never not be bitter at FFG for essentially using WHFRPG 3e as a beta test for it.

Honestly, percentile really just fits warhammer better. It's far less heroic.

Are there any sources that explain how the Bretonnian navy is so modern while the army is so ass backward, and how the crews interact with the rest of society? Like, are they all technically knights, and just ignore the fact that they're swabbing poop decks, or are they all peasants and ignore that they are extraordinarily well trained in such a shitty society?

It's based on their TWW incarnations, which are a direct antithesis to the end times.

The rules of the land dont apply to the rules of the sea. Also i imagine the crew are city dwellers, whos fathers were sailors or are mainly hired sailors from Tilea and Estalia.

Quite frankly it's just a bit of older lore that never got changed as the setting did, and they've just awkwardly stepped around the issue. If someone wanted, they could probably explain it without breaking the lore too badly - I might even take a shot at it someday as a bit of headcanon - but even those who don't like the state of the Bretonnian navy don't really have an organized idea of what it should be instead.

As to your question, I think that's explained/implied well enough in that old Bretonnian navy lore - the nobles act as officers, the peasants act as crewmen, sailors, and possibly 'marines.' Probably based a lot on the British navy - they might even have midshipmen, if anyone ever cared to go into that. The lowest ranking ships - the Buccaneers - are crewed by conscripted prisoners, however, and probably only have a few nobles on board, if at all.

And it's not as if peasants can't be educated or trained, otherwise there wouldn't be any merchants or Men-at-Arms or architects or scholars.

I like to imagine that Bret naval bases have a relative bubble of normality around the docks where there is a functioning middle class and sailors can be catered to, but as soon as you're beyond it shit goes full ye olde medievale times with stupid peasants and noble questing knights and damsels.

Who is best Dorf?

Bugman. The only way to tell how good a dwarf is is by his age. Well Josef Bugman was one of the first characters of the setting, let alone one of the first dwarves, and he was around to the very end. He's the best dwarf.

to my knowledge user there is
Warhammer Warbands,

Warhammer Skirmish

Regiments of renown 100p.

Mordheim.

Those are all the skirmish level games I know of, you could make Regiments of renown or warbands work for any ed really.my personal favourite is regiments of renown

Warhammer, AOS and other Wargames discord, roughly 140 members. Git on in here! Rep the old world!

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

every time you press end turn Bela'cuck screams

So in WRP2nd if I fail a parry my enemy doesn't need to throw WS to hit me?

What happens to him whenever you save-scum (assuming you're not playing any Chaos-based faction)?

He REEEs again

It says on page 129 of the Core Rule book, that if the incomming hit is successful, meaning the WS test to hit was a succes, then the defender maybe roll a WS-test to parry it. Only one parry per round is allowed.

The translation I'm reading didn't tell a thing about WS throw before the parry (but it does in the dodge description) but it does have sense, thanks!

So parries and dodges work like: Enemy WS throw > Parry/Dodge throw > Enemy Damage throw

That seems to be the correct sequence of melee combat. And the fact that you only have 1 dodge attempt and 1 Parry attempt per round, is nice so that combat does not necessarily turn into a large dice-rolling fest, but keeps it relatively fast paced. This also means that being ganged up on is hell for melee fighters.

You can't parry if enemy did fail his WS roll to hit you user.

I find it's easier to just blank out the caricature-level retarded depictions of the peasants in the later stuff. I mean, they're obviously simple folk, but a society can't really function if the bulk of it is functionally brain dead.

They don't need cannons in their armies because their knights are so potent. So they just pile them onto their fleets instead. Peasant sailors don't have to worry about vows of chivalry and losing the blessing of the lady.

Shame we never got to see a more modern take on their navy, though. Pegasus knights acting like fantasy carrier jets would be the coolest shit

Tyrion and Alarielle are better.

Anyone one have some Warhammer looking tokens for roll20? Finding skavens is really hard.

Hey so I'm learning warhammer 8th while playing and using my empire arm against my opponents wood elves, this is my 565p army list. What sort of things should I be looking at including in this sort of list?

++ Standard (Empire - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.2.) [567pts] ++

+ Heroes +

Battle Wizard [100pts]: Wizard Level 2

+ Core +

Knightly Orders Inner Circle [135pts]: 5x Knightly Orders Inner Circle, Lance and Shield, Musician

Swordsmen [212pts]: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, 16x Swordsmen
. Archers: 5x Archers
. Archers: 5x Archers

+ Special +

Great Cannon [120pts]

++ Total: [567pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

I use ones adapted from Dominions 4 mods. Would they suit your purposes?

Yes it would be nice, thank you.

llamaserver.net/sombre/Dominions3/Mods/ModCatalogue/

Skaven at the bottom. They come in .tga format and need cropping so, have GIMP at the ready. Happy rolling!

Naieth is his true waifu. She molested shotaKarl and made him fall in love with her.

Can someone help me work out a cool slaanesh themed puzzle?

I'm running a Chaos campaign, and I intend the players to complete 4 challenges to reach the artifact they were sent to recover, what I've got so far is:

>Khorne, Fight a buffed up armoured Bloodletter (Simple enough).
>Nurgle, Each player must finish a goblet of pestilent water, any wastage from vomit or spilling causes the water to evaporate into mist that slowly chokes the room (and them in it)
>Tzeentch, The players must educate the Daemon giving the challenge by telling it a a new fact about themselves the daemon wouldn't know by watching every moment of their lives (So emotional, deep down stuff), each answer they already know results in damage.
>Slaanesh, Enchanted perfumed mists showing their greatest desires.???

Silly
>fuck a daemonette and avoid the reach around
>Insert a massive wang into the correct orifice but choose wisely

Serious
>Craft a weapon, sing a song, recite a saga, but do it perfectly
>Walk through a room filled with the most beguiling sights and sounds and smells imaginable, but stick to the right path or you will die so lots of willpower tests - or to quote Gandalf "the air smells less foul down here, lets go this way" a labyrinth where you don't follow the pleasant smells and sounds because doing so kills you.

Nice ideas.

This is the area they would be doing it in, and I like the labyrinth idea but in a smaller room that can only be done psychologically.

The other challenges are about embodying the tenets of the gods, so I don't think avoiding nice scents and such would fit, that's really the core of my problem, making a challenge/puzzle that revolves around embracing Slaaneshism while being mechanically distinct from the "Make a series of tests to survive" Nurgle, "Kill shit" Khorne, or "Mind Problem" Tzeentch.

That Runesmith who's so old he remembers before the Dwarf/Elf war.

Well if Slaanesh is about perfection the recition should do well, or a pie eating contest, some sort of gratification need.

Fuck... Slaanesh is going to be a SAW room, the only way to get to the heroin is cutting off your fingers or filling a bottle with enough blood to change the counterweight.

How old can dwarves get?

Around 300 to 400. Runesmiths can live a LOT longer though.

What is the german word for elector count?

Der Grosse-Cumfts.

Kurfürst.

Got it, The Skull demands that the players perform an act purest in their greatest character flaw. They need to embrace the darkest sides of themselves fully to continue.

So if the character is Bloodthirsty, he must attack one of the others, if he is greedy, he must rob from them, too loyal? Maim themselves in the name of those they serve.

It doesn't hurt that on some level you're right - in short stories I've read and in the Knights of the Grail, Bordelaux and L'Anguille are portrayed as being relatively modern cities, more in control of high-ranking peasants and merchants than the disinterested nobility. L'Anguille even has cannons on its walls, and one of the prominent guild members in Bordelaux had very well trained and armed bodyguards that could put a knight to shame.

Staffs and beards, not faggoty wands and glasses. okay?

Looks alright to me but 500 points is such a small game that things may be a bit off, they were never really balanced for this level of game.

>Aos and fantasy share a channel

Lol.

In God's name, why.

Because the guy who shills it is just looking for bodies.

The Bretonnian fleet hasn't been updated since 1994 so it's safe to assume this stuff probably isn't correct anymore.

The Bretonnias fleet is probably made up of galleys with archer castles, fire projectors and some kind of barge to launch Pegasus from.

To make them plausible I would pump their technology a few centuries ahead and make them half galleys with sails, that with magic and Pegasus should make them a match for the other navies of the Old World.

So who is your Warhams waifu?

Katarin, she just looks classy.

Good taste

>finally finishing up my Bretonnia campaign in TW:W and doing the crusade into the Chaos Wastes
>enjoy the big battle and crush the enemy
>afterwards Leoun gets the 'likes Chaos' trait

Skaven are shitters that ruined the setting.

I don't understand, user. Sure the Ratling guns were pushing things, and the Stormfiends were horrible, but I don't see how the Skaven ruined the setting.

Steampunk rats that are literally everywhere and randomly depopulate chunks of the world with plagues and have literal weeaboo ninja that assassinate named characters and seek to conquer the surface and easily could do so if they cared hard enough kind of take away every achievement every other race does.

You know how Chaos is fated to win? Skaven are that times a million. They number in the billions, have burrowed beneath every city, have technology leaps and bounds beyond everyone else, and any victory over them is entirely pointless because they have a secret city beyond everyone's reach. And the way they talk is annoying.

I think he's refering to the idea that by the fluff everything that happened in EndTimes was the skavens fault.

What else do you expect from a sapient race that literally breeds like rats who live in a biome where they are damn near the only occupying race in a setting where the only thing keeping anyone i n check is the constant warfare.

It's an awkward point where it's obvious that GW wanted races like the Skaven and Chaos to provide a constant, everpresent danger threatening to overwhelm everyone, but for so much of the time nothing could really be done with them.

And to be fair, you can't just have distant threats like the Tomb Kings or Dark Elves that probably won't attack most areas of the setting, and Orcs and Beastmen can't provide the same overwhelming threat if they're supposed to be lurking everywhere, only rarely getting up to military campaign strength.

Did you guys see the Mordheim mobile game?

>skaven fated to win

We lose everything in our own codex.

Skaven are exactly what caos should have been: an everpresent, threatening opponent, which can't win by the same intrinsic qualities that make it a threat.

Skaven will always turn on themselves at the worst possible moment, will always overlook a crucial detail, their doomsday device will always malfunction at the lst possible moment.

That's what they are,narratively-speaking. They're deadly, cunning and wonderfully incompetent. They only get out-of-screen victories, and any damage they deal to the actual setting is quickly repaired back to the status quo.

The only 2 notable feat they did killing an emperor and nagash) were both far removed from the setting, and one of them actually just had them in the role of enablers

>Codex
ARMY BOOK REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no, link it if you could. did you end up buying user?

cheers user, I ended up meeting up with 2 opponents at that point amount and they just allied against my larger army.

was a 1300ish points battle where we had to have 2 rounds.

First game was steamtank explodes turn one on movement blowing up 200p of inner circle knights, a wizard, my actual cannon and my archers which caused panic(which my block of infantry passed. But I had to concede after that).

second round was 1300 empire vs 650 chaos+wood elves.
I got the rng stick again, but this time steam tank blew up turn 3 despite being unwounded and only generating 4 steam points.

I won the second round though

Do you think it's worth getting any of the DLCs for Total Warhammer? I've got the free ones, but I've been looking at the Grim and the Grave to get a few more units for the Empire.

I usually find the Stank pretty hard to blow up. Have a look at some tactics on empire-online.

They're generally worth the money, except Beastmen and Wood Elves because of their shitty mini-campaigns, but even those provide a lot of good content for the grand campaign.

King and Warlord dlc is the best in my opinion. If you like Empire I'd say it's worth the money.

I thought the Wood Elf campaign was pretty good desu
The elves were just very lackluster when they were released, but got buffed thankfully
Have they still not added followers and junk for Wood Elves?

Just get them all user, still cheaper than the tabletop.