>brewing
>Metagame thoughts

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
>mainphasemtg.net/modern-tier-list/2017/6/4/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-651717

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D9V6oRoutfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also I'm not sure where the mainphase tier list is, but I think they're changing some stuff around on the site. Hopefully it comes back soon.

Hint: the mainphasemtg link is broken.

As far as I can tell, they've removed all the tier lists from the site.

Now for the obligatory:
>playing
Affinity, duh. Thinking about spicing it up to deal with all the removal.
>hating
Removal.
>brewing
Been playing around with Storm.
>metagame thoughts
I'm hoping the meta will swing back towards linear aggro (for obvious reasons), but I don't think anything needs to be banned.

When will the Death's Shadow meme end?

When one of two things happen:
1. A ban.
2. The meta adjusts to suppress it.

Why isn't protection from (insert color here) more prevalent in Modern? Besides Auriok Champion.

Because decks are too varied for protection from (insert color here) to be all that great. It only works if you get protection from a color of your choosing or protection from all colors.

Going to a Tournament Tomorrow
I am 100% ready to fuck up and job the entire day.
I managed to come in second last time I went, but I only won because I was dressed up like a complete buffoon and people didn't take me seriously. Running one of these bad boys in the main so I can windmill slam it and shout WRYYYYYYYY like the autistic weeaboo faggot I am.

>playing
Burn; Red-White Pride World Wide Motherfucker

>hating
Indecisive shitheads who take more than a minute to take their turn

>brewing
Memes

>Metagame thoughts
I haven't played Paper magic in over a Month. It seemed petty nice the last time I played, but if it is anything like playing on Xmage... well fuck me I want out.

You need protection from red, black, and white for bolt, push, and path. Auriok Champion has two of those, and no other playable creatures really do

>spice in burn
Nice user. I myself am running 2 thunderous wrath mb

To be fair, some of us have a lot of math to do to see if you are dead this turn.

is the origional tezzeret good?

As a win-con in an artifact heavy blue control deck, maybe.

Naturally, I make exceptions for Affinitybros.
I've played the deck, it requires 4d chess levels of thinking to get the best results with, but at least games end quickly against affinity. My real gripe is when matches drag on and go to time. Fuck durdling.

he's just meh otherwise?

He would work well with somthing like improvise but thats more standard fare.

i mean his -x is nice for digging for artifacts

.....yea AoB is better.

He is good in ThopterSword, but that is all I can think of really. He is really solid. His -x can be used to ramp, pulling out Opals and Darksteel Citadels, I really like doing janky shit like that.

Fuck you too

Yeah, improvise is just worse affinity for artifacts, and even affinity only ever runs one of those anymore (even then only sometimes).

Daily reminder that if you play a deck with no maindeck outs to bridge or are under a nearly full lock you deserve what you get by not scooping.

Why doesnt affinity run barey any affinity cards?
isnt that its thing or did all the affinity cards get banned or somthing

Because the only affinity card that holds up at all is thoughtcast. Metalcraft and other synergistic cards are just so much more powerful.

soo, it just got sidelined, but the other cards stayed cause they were good cards?

I think Razor Golem is a good card and it is a shame that it doesn't see play in Death and Taxes. It would fit very nicely alongside blade Splicer IMO

but death shadow decks are pretty fair and aren't cancer.
Honestly modern is in a pretty great place right now and anyone who hates a specific deck is just butthurt

Cards that enable affinity cards and take advantage of having a lot of artifacts still work fine.

This dude comes up in the club and slaps your girls ass giving her at least 2 poison counters, what do you do?

Forgot image fuck

I play abrupt decay?

Why are combo decks like storm so cheap? Its a tier 1 deck, but costs less than any viable deck in the format.

>attempts to slap etched champion
>gets its ass handed to it instead

Other than the manabase, the cards tend to not work in other decks, so there isn't much demand. Cards that work in, say, midrange decks tend to work in a lot of decks.

>Playing
BG Infect

>Hating
Nothing cause I ain't a little bitch

>Brewing
Improving BG Infect getting the numbers right. Besides that I am in the pre planning stages of a token burn deck using impact tremors, monastery mentor, and young pyromancer

>Meta Thoughts
Its good with a diverse amount of decks and play styles. Some unbans might be nice now that we have more tools to fight them.

In response Blossoming Defense

>BG Infect
You mean thugs 'n bugs?

Yes but considering I don't want to have to apologise on the internet I ain't calling it that. Its generic name is BG Infect and I have a different personal name I'll use at events.

God damn it right as I was ready to stomp with Tron. You better not be going to the 1k at the Card Kingdom/Mox or I'll throw a fit

You know that Burn is on the rise right?

4x Main Board Chalice ;)

So by "Tron" you really meant "Eldrazi Tron" :P

I've got 4 Revelry and 4 Nacatl in my SB to deal with garbage like you

Would you watch a cartoon / anime about Magic?

youtube.com/watch?v=D9V6oRoutfY

Goddamn its so obvious when a poser only wears a suit for his vlogs / conventions

yea, it would be fantastic to watch a anime version of tezzeret flip out, that would be funny as fuck

Yes.

You don't think he wore one when he was a community college "Professor"?

Yes I would, but WotC is retarded and would fuck it up. It would be a letdown on par with the Berserk anime.

I dunno, Wotc is owned by Hasbro, and Hasbro has plenty of experience making shows.

Ever seen Inhumanoids? That shit was badass.

CLANG

fuck no, especially if it was jacetice league centric

What if they just made Jace actually Batman?

That would be nice. His jump 2 is so good and he's got easy mixups like 1,2,3 and 1,2,2

Gideon is obviously Superman, but is Chandra Wonder Woman? Would Lili be Catwoman?

Does that work or am I stretching it too far?

Nissa would have to be Wondy. Chandra is far too volatile, Diana's vendetta against necks aside.

my deck

Focus!

on what

Potato quality.

The image. I can barely see.

looks like a good RTR standard deck

I'm fucked up on drugs.

Think I could still expertly pilot my Burn deck?

I dunno, how many reps have you gotten in with it?

I played it exclusively for 2+ years. I acquired Jund a couple weeks ago and have been using that at non-professional events though.

Then as long as you're playing against a known deck, probably.

But even then wouldn't an unknown deck be even easier since they can't outrace it?

Not if it's doing something weird that slows you down or causes you to make a misplay since you're fucked up on drugs.

Shit man ,good call.

Anyone else ever noticed how Burn and Affinity players get along so well?

As Eldrazi and Taxes, if my opponent isn't playing fetchlands, do I side him out or hope to draw both him and either GQ/path?

Who? Leonin Arbiter?

Yeah. I don't know why I didn't specify.

Well if a deck isn't running fetchlands (or Expedition Map), it probably isn't running many basics either. Leonin Arbiter seems even more meh in that case.

Go jump off a bridge

GW tokens can be fun but man does it get beat easily.

Nah, my meta is just split between serious decks and more budget decks. So the ones that don't run fetches basically only run basics or the slowest of dual lands.

DnT might have been a bad choice to build for my meta simply because my lgs is so not-meta.

Best 1/1 goblin w/haste tokens?

just run some number of maindeck jars. a list with 3 just 5-0d MTGO

>special B&R announcement ahead of schedule so we can "discuss, dissect, and dive into"

Who else is ready for pic related to come back to save the format?

Not happening. They just moved the B&R announcement up to get it out of the way so that they can have the good stuff on Wednesday.

"On Tuesday, we'll have two items you should pay attention to—one is about our Magic digital offerings coming up and the other is the banned and restricted announcement that was originally scheduled for June 14.

We are moving the B&R announcement up because Wednesday is going to be what you would traditionally think of as Announcement Day, where we announce a ton of upcoming new products and worlds. Since we're focusing on everything we're putting out for our 25th anniversary next year, we want to give this announcement its own day for you to discuss, dissect, and dive into."

which one is the twin

If you go through a transporter, is the person who comes out the other side you or was a new person born and the old you killed?

Hope you boys bought your copies, I'm sitting on 40 right now. Gonna make a killing when they unban it

Joke's on you, they're going to double ban it. If they catch you with one in your trade binder, you'll be banned from all DCI events. It will take two unbannings for it to be legal again.

I cast Vapor Snag.

It'll be STONEFORGE MYSTIC, BABY

Second Sunrise will be free

I'm going to rain on all your parades.

Splinter Twin will not be unbanned.
Stoneforge Mystic will not be unbanned.
Bloodbraid Elf will not be unbanned.
Jace, the Mind Sculptor will not be unbanned.

People get worked up over it every B&R announcement, but it's just not going to happen.

My Dad is WotC and he says you're wrong. Someones obviously mad that he won't be able to compete in a couple of days.

They are literally going to unban all of those this announcement which is why it got moved up and separated from the other announcement

Nope, try reading the announcement announcement again. They separated it out so the boring "no changes" announcement doesn't detract from all their product announcements on Wednesday.

I am your Dad though. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you about the double secret probation in person son.

Burn vs goblins? Which one is more fun and which is better?

they both gay

>which one is more fun
Subjective.
>which is better
Well Burn is Tier 1 and 8-whack is a fringe budget deck. You tell me.

modern is a good, healthy format

Obviously.

>Lingering Souls
>no black for flashback

Might as well just run Midnight Haunting then.
Alternatively, cut them and Wake the Reflections and put in Blade Splicers and Restoration Angels. Still, I don't see the deck winning any major tournaments soon, but I have a soft spot in my heart for GW tokens, particularly the cards from RTR and INN.

Speaking of cards from INN, try to get a couple Gavony Townships.

But what if I hate Tron or Taking Turns

>tfw 4-0 with BtL Scapeshift
Ask me anything.

>Just bought in BGx
>Now it's a bad deck

W-why...

Red/White are the one's you need the most. I get that fatal push is on the rise, but 90% of the removal in modern is either bolt/path.