Enter an inn

>Enter an inn
>The barmaids are wearing chainmail from head to toe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>With nothing underneath

that sounds like it would chafe

I thought chainmail wasn't historically accurate.

>Their bodies are covered with a thick semi-translucent wax.

>Its dirty and smells terrible from the difficulty of bathing and the general disgusting atmosphere of dining/drinking establishments.

>On hot summer days, the wax begins to melt

They must be pretty jacked, Full body chain weighs 50 pounds

>Slowly back out of the inn

>This is the barkeep

Barmaids are jacked, so they can throw the likes of you out of the bar... I mean, walking in the pub and yelling "I want to get drunk and if there are any girls there I wanna do them!" is just not ok.

So our time would be better spent attacking the darkness?

Golly this campaign is truly high level

No, the darkness fights back. Why do you think the barmaids are all jacked up and wearing body armor?

Probably the best idea.

They wouldn't be wearing chainmail without a good reason. One that doesn't apply to the other inns you've visited. Do you want to know what that reason is ?

>the GM notes that all the female characters in the party are familiar with him

What??

That's my fetish

>The darkness fights back
What a coincidence

My character sits down at the bar, happy to be among fellow chainmail fetishists

It's the medieval fantasy equivalent of a store with the counter behind bulletproof plexiglass.

No idea, but he may be going on the idea that it was bloody expensive and not to many people would have had it. Or something.

This uhh, some sort of theme joint or somethin?

Actually, all jokes aside that sounds like it could be awesome in at least a half dozen different ways.

>It's a rough town, this bar is definitely one of the safe spots
>Turns out that the bar is run by clerics of Dionysus
>It's honestly just a theme joint for adventurers. They stage Medieval Times style mock fights between the bar maids with each section of the tavern rooting for their respective maid.
>The bar is owned by siblings, the bartender and his sister. He tends the bar, the sister is an armorer, everything the barmaids are wearing is available for sale next door at her shop.
>The town is cut off from outside trade. Cloth or leather is hard to come by and metallic clothing is the style throughout the town. The party is in no way surprised to see that the barmaids are dressed according to the local style.
>The inn runs on gnomish developed electricity. It's far from safe so both the barmaids and patrons wear full chainmail to provide a Faraday cage that keeps them safe. It's mostly an attraction for the air of danger and novelty.

There, I got six. I'll probably use at least one next time I need a gimmick for a cool tavern.

Neat.

>immediately start running up a tab for the party
"It's okay, guys, I know this guy's math skills."

I'll be keeping my hands to myself, because her outfit will pinch her enough

We must have been here before.

FASHION SOULS

The WORD chainmail isn't historically accurate, is I think what you heard. The armor made of interlocking rings was simply called "mail" at the time it was used, "chainmail" is a retronym.

Alternatively, you may be thinking of "ringmail" a victorian fiction that there was an armor made by putting large metal rings on a leather base. This was a misinterpretation of the depiction of regular old mail armor, which was very real, in manuscripts and old pictures

Yeah, but the weight is distributed pretty evenly. It's a lot easier than plate. You don't need to be jacked.

Source: SCA/HEMA fighter and mailmaker.

I thought this worked exactly backwards of what you said.

>ChainmailMaidFights
IN

I mean until the blood starts to really flow

Isn't there a type of "maile" which is exactly that? Sewn rings on top of-between leather?
Japanese or something?

Reminds me of a comedy fantasy series I used to read as a teen.

It was about a fat halfling that solved mysteries, murders and other detective work together with an half-orc-elf barmaid annex bouncer, who went to work in a mail bikini and a battleax.

Actually this makes a lot of sense. Do you know how many times my players decided that initiating a barfight was a proper course of action? I've had a guy who tried to make it a contest to see how fast they could beat up an entire tavern.

Adventurers are fucking NUTS, man.

Easier to put on. The weight of plate is much better balanced than mail, because unlike mail that hangs from your shoulders, plate is rigid and supports its own weight.

The only weight you feel when wearing plate is having to push the limbs around when you move. Hence why you can do acrobatics in plate that are completely impossible in mail.

Of course, plate being rigid means that it cannot breathe like mail. Heat is trapped and air doesn't circulate. Put a fully enclosed helmet on while wearing plate, and start doing hard work, and you will begin to feel pretty winded and hot soon.

As in, mail is easier to put on. It's literally a t-shirt made of steel.

six individually cool ideas...

or combine them into one FUCKING AWESOME one ???

Not to my knowledge.

>the campaign is set in the modern day and it's a theme pub based on the medieval era

WHAT A TWIST!

Good thing maille is not good against penetration

It really is though.

>turn around and get out of Niggertown asap

that is going to pinch like crazy

You sure you're not thinking of lamellar armour?

It's ok. We've established that they rub a strange wax onto their flesh before slipping on the chain. No pinching.

No, you're getting it confused with "ringmail", which consists of NON-interlocking rings placed on a base of leather. References to "ring mail" didn't even appear until the 19th century, and it was popularized by D&D and the like, but isn't considered to have been a significant medieval armor type. The term "chain mail" is redundant, since mail means "chain armor", though that's really just a semantic issue.

We scale-maille now

>carrying 50 extra pounds on you all the time is going to make you jacked

If IRL obese people are any measure, they'd have excellent calves and that's about it.

>lol jocks are dumb!!!11!1!1

XD GOT EEEEM

IT'S A SETUP! BLADES UP BOYS, THE LORD REGENT KNOWS!

No way, all the weight goes to your shoulders and lower back. We're not talking about costume chain that weighs 20 pounds, real combat duty steel or bronze chain weighs a lot.

Plate is actually more comfortable.

okay Arthur

Most chain was made from iron. Drawing steel wire was a pain in the ass until the early modern period when chainmail was obsolete anyway.

drawing steel wire is still a pain in the ass but it is possible on a commercial/industrial scale now

Guess the extra protection never hurts

Not even that, a lot of soldiers had gambeson which is just mail+cloth. Its commonly depicted in artistry from the time.

Sit there all day until sunset, then order a dinner.
It's Ramadan, you know.

Implying armored women are historically accurate

You're fucking retarded and unlearned

youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Is it in English? If yes, what is the title name?

This