If you were in the 40K World

Imagine you right now, keeping the same body and capabilities, live in one of the many countless civilized worlds in the Imperium of Man. The wealth you have in real life reflect the wealth you have in the 40K world. You are likely not Highborn but at least not the underclass. The Question is, what can you do to obtain power?

Suggestions:
>Common Imperial Citizen - Die and never become important.

>Planetary Defense Force (PDF) - Maybe you can be a simple enlisted soldier but officer jobs may be granted from purely corrupt practices making it impossible for you. If not then you still need to be fit enough to be a soldier unless the quality of the local PDF is terrible.

>Chaos Cult - If you are charismatic you may become a Renegade Demagogue, beware the Ordo Hereticus.

>Gue'vesa - Fucking Weeb, though only if your civilized world is at the east of the Imperium.

>Ecclesiarchy - I am unsure if there are rules that ban regular commoners from being priest but if not you can join this and rise up to be a Confessor and lead some Adeptus Sororitas and Fraternis Militia Army.

>Inquisition - The chances of becoming an inquisitor is flimsy but maybe you can be lucky, or unlucky, enough to become an acolyte for a low standard inquisitor.

Probably Unobtainable:
>Imperial Guard - The best PDF forces become Imperial Guard, it is equivalent if you are right now a member of the special forces of the richest countries, I guess that is a likely no.

>Adeptus Astartes - lol no

>Every Hereditary Role from Planetary Governor, Adeptus Administratum Senior Positions, etc. - Since you are unlikely born into senior political positions yourself count this option out.

So What would you do to obtain power in the 40K world, given you keep the same mental and physical capabilities?

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_Warhammer_40,000_AD
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_40k_Part_2
68.media.tumblr.com/494eb40eceb6acea320bd8ba362062dd/tumblr_nn8773vi6g1r1g40zo1_500.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If i was ported exactly as I am i'd probably join the PDF. Maybe try and work my way towards guard, though I doubt I'd make it. Only reason I haven't joined up here is because I don't feel that there is a strong enough need. If I was a member of the Imperium, under assault from all sides and with the survival of my nation and race in question, I'd feel obligated to do my part, however small that may be.

I would kill myself

You will be rebuilt as a mindless Servitor.

I would be a death cult assassin, using my knowledge of chemistry and physics, I will be a poisoner and from there gain prestige and possibly join the temples, or the inqisiton

>kill yourself to escape because you're a pussy
>soul taken by Chaos demons upon death.
>raped/mutilated/changed/rotted for all eternity.

Can you pass the Death Cult's likely extreme fitness requirements and batshit insane devotion, I doubt knowing chemistry and poisoning others would be enough.

it would be when said poisons can double as steroids. and devotion I can do as the emporer is better than ANY real world religion. also failing that I would still be of use to the cult until I can get in better shape

What sucks is that a lot of Imperial Positions of power are hereditary barring most people from ever holding them.

In 40k At the end you will get tortured by bloody satan, nerd satan, cancer satan or rape satan anyways, so whats the point?
Now aint that dandy?

The Emperor protects mate.

it is if you worship them, not so if you try to dual against them unless your the empower or some primarchs

Find nearest Ork WWWAAAAGGGGHHH, paint myself green and do something so balls to the wall nuts that it impresses the orks and they take me on as their little humie mascot.

Even assuming you are right, and there is no alternative (which i dont accept, becauae im not an autistic chaos fag like i think you probably are) you want to get there sooner? Why the hell would you want to expedite your own suffering?

I would also like to point out that Gue'vesa collaborators with the Tau will never get leadership positions but only a better life so doesn't really count as obtaining power.

Becoming an Inquisitor would probably be MUCH harder than joining the CIA, the chores you have to do as an acolyte would probably be worse than joining the PDF.

So when it comes to obtaining power as a regular person I recommend:

Becoming a Chaos Renegade Demagogue, an Ecclesiarchy Confessor, or work up your local Planetary Defense Force. The first two depend on merely improving your organizational and recruitment skills and the last one is improving your fitness.

Every other position in the Imperium either does not give out power, is a hereditary position, or is near impossible to obtain.

>do something so balls to the wall nuts that it impresses

Good luck, I think being a self-proclaimed Confessor of the Adeptus Ministorum is easier.

I've got a degree in Aviation Technology, I've completed the theoretical portion of a trade certificate for fixing planes (and in particular, their electronics), and I'm now doing a postgraduate degree in Education because I couldn't find any work in the Aviation industry.

I guess I'm probably an Adeptus Mechanicus Enginseer?

I take it we can not be blanks or pykers?
that is otherwise not very good idea to go to Warhammer 40k without either of these things. even then blanks are the only good thing without any other bad thing other than social stigma

It depends, does the Adeptus Mechanicus accepts recruits outside of Mars? it is very unlikely you are yo be born in one of the many millions of planets in the Imperium, consider that in this roleplay I mentioned specifically a civilized world at least.

Just regular humans.

Welp it is better to find a way than to live in 40K life without being either.

There are thousands of Adeptus Mechanicus held Forge Worlds besides Mars mate.

>it is very unlikely you are yo be born in one of the many millions of planets in the Imperium
Shit Typos

It is very unlikely you are to be born in Mars compared to the many millions of planets in the Imperium,****

There's Tech Priest enclaves on basically every civilized world in the Imperium, mate, since Tech Priests are the ones who have to oversee all technological production, as well as all of its maintenance. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the typical Hive World had almost as many Tech Priests as a typical Forge World, if not more.

Yes they do. They have forge worlds that keep the galaxy running basically everywhere, as well as smaller operation basically most places that there are things that need fixing. Basically if you're a pleb factory worker who can understand the machines you're working with and have an aptitude, you could get noticed and trained/augmented into the tech priests or skitarii.

Y'all are all stupid.

The Admech is the way to go. For starters, it keeps you away from being butt fucked by gangers/most imperial law, and most of the basic shit you do is from memory. No need to understand what your doing, just click the buttons six times, turn the lever, tighten the bolt, say a prayer and spray the holy oil, and boom, the car is fixed. Actual intelligence is only required as you go higher up. This gurantees you a comfortable life at the very least, as I presume most Tech priests, engiseers and adepts are treated okay. Plus, your already above the average imperial moron in both intellect and knowledge.

Secondly, if you are actually smart, you can make your way up the ladder by showing how smart you are, or at least how competent you are. Sure, rivalries will flare up, but you gotta hane that shit to prove yourself.

And really, the Cult has no upper limits, and is possibly the only faction that'll help you meet better standards of living, as well as living for millenia.

All in all, the Life of a Engiseer ain't so bad. So long as I get a cute tech priest/Leman Russ Battle tank waifu, Im fine.

I am now switching to this, when he puts it like that, I cant actually complain. magus bioligs is it? I could do that

Adeptus Arbites here I come.

id join the IG
theyd take anyone and id get to die honorably

I'd imagine I'm some type of tech priest seeing how irl I'm an armorer in the military. Might be cool.

I'm a draftsman and reasonably fit with a decent amount of savings, I'll give the Imperial Navy a go. I'm certain scribes and engineers are always in demand.

>The best PDF forces become Imperial Guard, it is equivalent if you are right now a member of the special forces of the richest countries
That's wrong.

The PDF is like the National Guard, and the IG is like the Army.

Nah that's just for their followers, normal humans dissolve into nothingness upon death just like in real life

ATTENTION CITIZEN

Devoting yourself to Slaanesh would probably be the quickest and easiest route to escaping your horrible, horrible existence.

Christ these threads are always so fucking dumb

We get it, you discovered 40k last week adn haven't left 1d4chan since

Take your cringey roleplay shit that always has the same boring responses to, idunno, fucking reddit or something

Fuck you

I'm a soldier so I guess it's time to join the Guard.

Yep. And it's a good fit for a lot of us nerds here.

... I'd die a meaningless death in sixty seconds flat and no-one would notice, just like everyone else in this thread would. It is a shithole setting where a million average joes dying makes barely a blip on the radar.

The Average Joe has hope perhaps within an institution to live a tad bit longer.

Go eat a bucket of shit, warmachinefaggot.

Important for Everyone.
Part 1: dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_Warhammer_40,000_AD
Part 2: dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Civilian_Life_in_40k_Part_2

So according to Part 1, most Imperial officials, priest, officers, etc, were orphans who were raised in the Schola Progenium or inherited their positions. Meaning if you are middle or lower class who was not born into wealth or in a Schola Progenium school then there is little hope for you.

If you are lucky enough to have skill you may be recruited to the Admech, Imperial Guard Officers are likely off limit unless you are extraordinary, best hope is to be a self-proclaimed preacher of a Chaos Cult or your very own Imperial Cult that stays orthodox in values.

So Veeky Forums go make a Chaos/Imperial Cult and get some followers, for if you are middle or lower class in the Imperium this is the best way to advance your power as fast as possible unless you want to insta die in battle or live life as a laborer until death. Perhaps a cult leader may be more exciting.

FUCK ALL OF THAT

TAKE ME NECROMUNDA

I SEEK REDEMPTION

>If you are lucky enough to have skill you may be recruited to the Admech

Considering the amount the average person of our world should know about physics and basic machinery this should be slightly easier than several other paths available.

When it comes to positions of power I guess Admech, Imperial Cult Leader, and Chaos Cult Leader would be the best three choices.

You can join the PDF and IG but becoming officers for the former might require beign part of the upper class and for the latter requires some extraordinary accolades or being born an orphan in the Schola Progenium.

Pick your faith I guess, Omnissiah, Imperial, or Chaos.

Good luck joining a slaaneshi pleasure cult if you're not loaded though

The Tzeentchian route is far better, and if you are graced by the changer of ways you can probably keep inquisitors off your tail for longer

I join the (r)evolution

>Looks like the Adeptus Administratum has gained another scribe...

>becoming a cuck to a xenos monster
>taking care of your wife's child
>inevitably destroying your planet

>get bros
>get a job
>get a wife
>get a family
>fight for freedom

the pros beat the cons, especially when taking into account that the cons get suppressed through mind control; in the end joining the cult can only be alluring and it's not like the alternatives offer better ends unless you fool yourself into adopting a point of view that isn't really yours.

>be me
>useless sack of shit, but pretty charismatic

Looks like Chaos Cult it is.

Papa Nurgle loves you

I died in an accidental exterminatus that occurred when an exterminatus order was accidentally diverted to a similar sounding planet of Adelaide II instead of Adeline II. So... shit.

I starved to death in a work camp after a second cousin committed an act of political subversion. It turns out he didn't commit an act of political subversion, he was framed by a political rival. It didn't matter... we were rounded up and sentenced without appeal. An unexpected weather event delayed a supply barge and the troops kept the remaining food for themselves.

After a promising career in the local planetary musical school, I was tested for psychic potential and placed on a black ark. After 5 years in the adeptus astronomicon my soul was devoured by the Emperor and I died in screaming agony.

I was born on a world where my ethnicity was deemed unacceptably divergent from Human norms and were branded abhuman. Following a series of Ministorum purges I left my home world and lived as a refugee in the diaspora on the fringe of the Imperium. I joined a resistance movement in opposition to the Empire and was eventually arrested and deported to a death camp. Did I say death camp? I meant racial purity camp. Fortunately Eldar raids into the region foced the camp to be evacuated and we were moved to a slave manufactorum further in Imperium space. I took the uniform badge of a dead political prisoner to conceal my abhuman identity. This helped him survive at the manufactorum because political prisoners were given less dangerous jobs. The entire front eventually fell to Eldar raids and I escaped into ungoverned space on the fringes of the Empire... until one of the Black Templars claimed it and murdered me and me young family.

I was born in free space unclaimed by the Imperium until it was annexed during some crusade or whatever. After six months I was arrested for helping political subversives was deported to a transit and labour camp. I was forced into slave labour and subjected to medical experimentation. The camp was liberated by the Tau and I worked with them as an interpreter.

I grew up on an Imperial fringe world that rebelled against the Imperium due to steep taxation. After an ill fated revolt it turns out the leaders were part of a mysterious Cult of the Supreme Being and could manifest mysterious powers. We turned on them with looted Imperial weaponry and then, realizing that we were going to be the target of an exterminatus fled with world in looted transports, leaving the loyalist guardsmen behind. The guardsmen died because the Imperium couldn't give enough of a shit to check the disposition of the world before they destroyed it.

I grew up somewere in thr middle levels of a hive world, got drunk on my 18th birthday and ended up conscripted in the guard. Luckly the senior officer liked me, so now I'm blasting heretics, mutants and Xenos alike (and perhaps some ally's by accident) from a save-ish distance with my basilisk. Wait, how did those battlesuits get he-

>whats a digganob

68.media.tumblr.com/494eb40eceb6acea320bd8ba362062dd/tumblr_nn8773vi6g1r1g40zo1_500.jpg

Much like I am now, being an Elysian serving the imperium on a war torn desert planet isn't the worst outcome I guess.

Even becoming a Skitarii ranger would be ok with me, you are treated as less expendable than Imperial Guard and are allowed some independence on the battlefield. No Commissars can touch you!

>implying that Skitarii aren't treated as totally expendable by the Tech Priests who command them

Since I own land, im fucking rich by hiver standards, 2 cars? Man im doing great, I own a few stubbers so thats good stuff.
I wouldnt go for "power" thats silly. Id save up for some vat grown muscles and implants some rejuvenation treatments. Try to convience my daughter not to become a sister of mercy.
Maybe once shes off to school Id try travelling to a few diffrent worlds as vacations. Id just be a happy citzen, like the emperor wants.

Get to a long-standing secessionist (Not Chaos) system and bring modern science without the inefficiency and hoodoo. Seems like most factory owners would pay a pretty penny for an electroplating method that doesn't involve 42 different holy oils and blessed capacitors from a forge world.

Get rich, and in turn enrich the lives of everyone within the system with medical science and a few forms of industrial technology. By the time the Inquisition catches wind a renegade system can suddenly produce antibiotics and remove genetic mutations in unborn children, I'll be long dead, living a life of luxury.

>you are treated as less expendable than Imperial Guard
Bullshit. Skitarii function as nothing more then a blip on a map for some Magos in a command center. All they're doing is sending some blips to certain areas against certain enemies to get the best results. A group of Skitarii will readily be sacrificed if the distraction means a better statistical outcome.

The higher ups of the Imperial guard may treat you like you and your squad as an expendable number but that is because pretty much everyone IS in 40k. you still have the lower officers of the army who are actually commanding you directly typically trying their damnedest to keep you alive unless you're a coward in which case you might get rightly blammed.

Skitarii have much better equipment and are often get repairs to stay useful. Tech Thralls are cannon fodder and Vanguard do die from their radium carbines, but rangers get better treatment.

IG officers don't care at all if half the regiment dies, they are just trying to get promoted to stay relatively safe.

Those articles are based on hearsay, bullshit and dumbass conjecture.

Would try my luck in the Inquisition.

Starting as disposable acolyte, or even throne agent, rising through ranks with cunning and pragmatism.

When Interrogator, my catspaw network would have 'notable' people hang by their balls, their power null and void.

As Inquisitor, even the arrogant eldar would hesitate and shiver as having me in their future-manipulating plans.

Yeah, things would sort out pretty good.

>>Every Hereditary Role from Planetary Governor, Adeptus Administratum Senior Positions, etc. - Since you are unlikely born into senior political positions yourself count this option out.
My father was a politician.
there's always the underhive
nork?

I'm decently Veeky Forums and have around 15 years of martial arts experience, though I'm no soldier. Would likely join the PDF and eventually be recruited by the Guard, or join a Chaos Cult depending on the cult in question.

I'd go renegade at some point that's for sure, praise Khorne.

>Imperium of Man
>civilized

Completely false. All souls dissolve in the warp upon death, except for psykers who are bright and may be eaten by daemons. If you worshiped Chaos your souls belongs to your God, they may do with it as they please, which generally means transforming it into a Daemon.

>upper middle class
>bored with no purpose in life
>martial artist
>hate modern society
>unhealthy obsession with fighting
Khornate fight club here I come!

My yeast infection and hanging hemorrhoids would be the last thing I'd need to worry about.

Granted I could start on the path to becoming one of Nurgles acolytes.

true fa/tg/uys would become nurgle cultists and bro down with papa

I would start a nurgle cult disguised as a hippie/nature group

eventually i would try to spread the cult throughout whatever planet i was on using the same tactics as environmentalist movements irl
or how the anti-vaccination tards spread their propaganda

with enough luck I could become a plague champion or possibly reach demon prince-hood if I really made the planet fall before the inquisition noticed

This

Tough question. Honestly?

I would believe in the Emperor, really, really hard.

But I'm not strong enough to resist temptation. I would try to acquire some form of hypnotic or chemical treatment to feel less pleasure AND angst from all things. There is probably some nerve-burning Mechanicum surgery or other grimdark shit like that.

Then I would try to be a simple scribe.

What a faggot.

anime ruined elves

>Namefag
>Thinks he'd be anything more than a measly goon in some random institution
Kek

I get a boring quiet job filing papers in an administratum office.

Genestealer cult!!
I dont know why the soothing voices in my head are happening, but they're sure convinving!

My 3rd arm tingles at night tho'.

>Decent amount of savings
You think the meme money backed by the unicorn farts of your government will mean shit in the 40k world, even if you get to bring it with you?

Do I still get to keep my wing wang?

I'd like to work at an Ironstrider ranch, directing them arooound and arooound and into mills for power, and i can be the hover platform guy that replaces the dead servitors.

Yee-haw!
Having said that i have no experience in horse riding or bipedal automatons.
What can a person who works in optometry do for the Holy Order of Mars?

>Imperial Guard - The best PDF forces become Imperial Guard, it is equivalent if you are right now a member of the special forces of the richest countries, I guess that is a likely no.

So being a Ranger/Green Beret. Doesn't sound too difficult, just get fit.

Also Imperial Guard regiments have different standards. Some will take criminal scum, others only take elites. It really varies a whole lot.

work in a hab doing meaningless shit. On the way home post on an escapist dataslate board about what I would be if I lived on ancient terra.

Probably become crew on a trading ship and then die from a pirate raid or some shit

So I'm an imperial guard, cannot say I'm happy with that. (Please don't kill me inquisition)

>ancient terran currency
>not worth anything.

Nigga, imagine the interest.

Just be a servitor!