Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Body Modification Edition: Cybernetics are confirmed in Starfinder, and already exist in Pathfinder. Alchemist can mutate their body permanently. Shape shifting exists ect... What sorts of Physical alterations have your characters gone through?

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Last Session:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then the hard part about learning the rules is over.

Just run a game for 2-3 people.
No memes
No joke apps
1 month application time

This way, you'll have time to get to know these people, acknowledge they are both internet randoms and potential friends, and maybe even inspire others to run

Oh yeah, that guy wanted a Frame race. I should work on a a little intro for them.

Are people familiar with intelligent robots from Star Wars?

So uh, why aren't the IRC/Discord/Currently recruiting games in the OP anymore?

No need.

?????

While I appreciate the words of encouragement, it's not that simple. It's not getting used to the people I'm around - as a matter of fact that makes it worse, as i don't want to disappoint them - but rather an inability to consciously work in a position where I'm forced to pay attention to everything going on immediately as it happens; if some sort of problem is a bout to crop up, I won't catch it because it takes me a bit to catch up. further than that, I have chronic migraines that muddle my ability to think, so I often have to leave games early - it's not fair to a gaming group for the GM to do that.

Past that, none of this addresses the fact that I'm uncreative in the extreme. Almost all of my characters are either slef-inserts or ripped straightfrom another franchise with the serial numbers filed off.

I would love to be able to GM. I love the idea of telling stories, and I know a ton of people that would appreciate it, but I wouldn't make a good GM for a number of reasons.

All games are bamboozles or are only accepting celebrity apps. So there's no need for the common rabble to apply.

That doesn't cover the lack of the Discord and IRC links
And celebrities are made, silly

Unlike last time, now I'm starting to feel like I have to disagree with you on some things. While I did have to add a bit of plot, the main objective of my recent patch was to give detail to who Witch was as a person. Let's look at some things:

>Truth
Yes, she stumbles upon it, but she damn well stays where she stumbles. I didn't want to add MORE plot than needed, thus I felt the trigger event and the relevant stuff in her personality tab was enough.
>Justice
Irrelevant, since this is all about her own idea of justice, which (as I point out) is probably different from most other people's. Freedom has little to do with it; it is mostly a link between what is "true" and what is "right", and therefore "justice" fits best.
>Spirit
For one, with Spirit she represents the spirits themselves, much as she represents the living with Life. Secondly, she spends equal amount of time "assuaging fears" as she does healing people's wounds, and a big part of why she wants in on the Ensoulment project in the first place is because she feels her guidance is more important in higher places.
>Life
She does, though. Her motivation is literally staring death in the face and denying him his price - hell, there's even a bolded line about the revelation she has right after she gains her powers. Other than that, healing and guiding people is what she's done all of her childhood. It's who she is, what she does. Her "toppling the government" was simply by accident, not by design - she genuinely thought she was doing good and that everyone would agree with her actions at first. When she realized this was not he case, she kept going - because her truth was more important.

I did worry about the length of the piece with the new revision, but I don't feel like you're doing it justice right now. Your concerns have been noted, though.

The private Discords are not accepting members at this time, so there's no need to put them in the OP.

I don't like these new shitty memes at all
Bring back /pfg/

>a bit

Discord and IRC links invite the formation of cliques as well as witchhunting members of the "cabal" in the general. Those interested can ask for a link, it doesn't happen often enough to warrant it being in the OP.

Figured I might as well repost to see if anyone knew.

>Chronic Migraines
You've got my sympathies, user.

Hopefully you find the game you are looking for

Please, there's only one private discord.

That's categorically untrue

>He doesn't know about the anti-cabal discord dedicated to undermining celebrities

Thanks, and same to you.

Don't you mean the gnollposter discord?

how should an Orc sorcerer react to finding out he's Orc bloodline?

Can I get a link then?

dull surprise

Upon reaching level 3, suddenly he'd start wondering why the sun doesn't burn his eyes anymore.

You don't lost light sensitivity till level 9.

Why do you have no ankles and feet?

Is it targeting DHB as well?

Should I make a /pgg/ unified setting? I already know all the setting's central conflicts would be focused around warring cabals of mages and apathetic demigods.

Set in Starfinder

>cabals of mages
UNNGHH THICCER

Are kitsune going to be the most common race?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs

Kitsune aren't played as much as the memebringers would have you believe.

Yes, for dinner

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
More like Dimensional Ark Bamboozlement amirite?

Yo if you haven't, and if it interests you at all, apply to JttW.

Jesus, your situation hits close to home, bro. Hope you find something that helps - I find meds, OJ, and an ice pack directly on whereever hurts worst are the easiest way to deal.

Eh, I'm concerned people would just decide I'm shit and meme me up again. I get enough of that with my Ensoulment app. Lemme tell ya, that hasn't been fun.

So beyond a two-handed weapon, Power Attack, Raging Vitality, rushing Beast Totem as soon as possible, and grabbing Superstition and the Human FCB to pump it up, are there any other important steps to ruining booties as a Barbarian?

not really.

Fair enough, matey

Which app is yours, user? I want to tell you something positive to make you feel better!

>He's going to extend the date, guys!

Not him, but it was probably Power Word: Intrigue.

Mine's Mouse.

I've been getting low grade panic attacks every time she's been brought up in the thread. Even offered to Protag to withdraw her if he was bothered by the memes at one point, be he told me it was fine and that he doesn't pay much attention to them.

You shouldn't either, its just shitposts.

Oh, nevermind. There's nothing positive I can tell you.

>literally the worst character of current applicants
lmao
Enjoy being an NPC, I guess.

See, shitposts.

I know that intellectually, but there's a difference between that and emotional issues.

There's nothing positive I can tell you, other than I want you to get in purely so I can watch these threads shit themselves in anger.

I'm still so disappointed that Overlewd didn't result in a furious fuck storm.

True, good luck with those.

I have to admit, it's an extremely entertaining possibility.

so ensoulment is supposed to be like a political light game, right?

Has any of the apps gone the populist direction yet? I'm not going to app but I'm just curious.

C3 needs to be killed.

I am still so mad about that. I spent the whole period so fucking excited for one and got absolutely nothing, fuck.

Remember, no matter who you are, user hates you.

Individual /pgg/-goers are generally pleasant people, but user is trash.

Don't let it get to you.

The sale came eventually, but it was a light drizzle rather than the storm I wanted. People didn't even get upset about the "right" characters. What a shit show.

I think I was the only one mad about a single person that got in, and even me bitching about him didn't get any (you)s. /pfg/ was being weird that week.

I remember being salty as fuck and raking in the (You)s when dragons got announced.
It wasn't similar to that at all?

It's weird, but that actually helps somehow. Thank you.

Not at all

Nothing happened. They announced the characters, there were a few individual posts that went nowhere, and the game was forgotten next thread.

I think the biggest storm in recent history was HV, people went insane over it. LoBaF gets honorable mention for not being big but being weird.

Nope, I bitched about one character at the start of a thread and not a single (you).

From what I remember, I think people were even helping with builds and stuff instead. It was bizarre.

Maybe people were just tired of being angry for like 2-3 days and by the time the salt supply was replenished it was already too late?

>relevant stuff in her personality tab was enough.
Noooo--If you're going to write a backstory that long and detailed, your character's personality needs to shown in the text. If you're going to stick things in a personality section, then don't write a novel. That's the push-pull at play here.

>Yes, she stumbles upon it, but she damn well stays where she stumbles.
Cool. Then where's the support for the statement "(she) sees truth as the ultimate virtue?" How does that impact her actions?

>Freedom has little to do with it; it is mostly a link between what is "true" and what is "right", and therefore "justice" fits best.
Then support that idea. How does she come to this conclusion? Why does she come to this conclusion?

>Secondly, she spends equal amount of time "assuaging fears"
No, that's mentioned once in the middle of a paragraph, near the end of the backstory.

>her guidance is more important in higher places
Where does this come from? What gives her this idea? Why should we, as readers, believe she has *any* kind of worthwhile advice to give?

>Her motivation is literally staring death in the face and denying him his price
Really? Then maybe you should develop this idea, rather than being bogged down with all the others you've thrown in.

> I don't feel like you're doing it justice right now
As an author it's easy to fall into the trap of reading into things that aren't there. In your defense of the pillars, you're making statements that the text doesn't support. Maybe it's intended to, but it currently doesn't.

SO, now there's the question of what to do about this. The way I see it, there are two options. Fully develop every theme you intend to use. Which'll probably double the length of your piece, since you still haven't fully supported any of them. Or, cut the extemporaneous themes, and get down to core ones. Cut Justice and Spirit, since they're the least developed and the most difficult to demonstrate, and focus on Life, Death, and Truth.

Well that's fucking gay.
HV was Hell's Vengeance, right? No idea about LoBaf though

Don't mention it. This brings out the worst in people, but behind the sea of masks you'll find some genuinely pleasant souls. Keep that in mind, and persevere in doing the things you enjoy. It's your hobby; don't let someone else shame you away from it, especially if they aren't even brave enough to do it with a name.

Allanz is terrible, I agree.

kek

Thanks, I love you.

Fluffy Tails 3 WHEN!?

I think the fact that it failed once made HV an easy target. Most app periods have a thread favorite that gets in but the one for HV got cut early and people considered the final selection DM fetish bait.

LoBaF got flak the entire recruiting period that changed every few days. Some days it was a waifubait fetish game and other days it was way too clean and boring. Characters who were popular the whole app period got attacked hard after selection and there was some elaborate baiting. It didn't last like HV but I always remember that one. Felt like a deliberate attack on the game rather than salt.

>Felt like a deliberate attack on the game rather than salt.

It was; Sleep's got enemies. It's no secret. No doubt it was the work of The Reverse Cabal

1. When Starfinder comes out

2. When you use an appropriate Kitsuné imágenes, not cosplay ones

USTABIAZ!!

Why would the reverse cabal attack LoBaF? It has the lowest celeb concentration of any meme games.

Was it... a warning?

Dragons was pretty much the same, but it didn't last nearly as long.
Probably because Eagle's actually a pretty cool lad, even after he openly admitted to fetishpicking

>only a handful of apps for hell's sabotouets
>two have already broken the alignment rules for social identities

JUST

FUCKING

R E A D

Probably someone bitter. Or just DHB's creepy stalker.

Sleep is a well-known celeb; attacking him would always be worth it.

Probably randos?

Normally I assume salt, but the LoBaF shitposting never really attacked the picks as weak or anything. My theory is that it wasn't an app but the one user who kept complaining the setting had no conflict. I think he hates Sleep.

I seemed to like all the picks people were salty about and hate all the ones people liked or didn't care about.

Yeah, but doesn't he have a pretty positive reputation?

I honestly don't pay much attention to celebrity stuff but that's the impression I got.

Argentum made a reasonable enough concept, although given Argentum's decision to run JttW on Thursday nights, there's no overlapping availability anymore, since my Sunday nights won't be reliably available at all.

Chalk it up to different strokes for different folks.

I knew it was a meme but I honestly liked succubed and would let her in a game where the tone would be more welcoming for her.

Dragons 2 was fucking gold, that early closure had me in stitches and half the apps turned out to be good picks so all was right

I know, maybe that's why I'm disappointing. I'm considering throwing in an app. The big problem I have at this point is I have never played, played with or GMd for a vigilante so I have no fucking clue how they work.

Nothing I can't fix with research, but still.

>maybe that's why I'm disappointing.
I mean that's true, but meant to type disappointed.

I agree succubed was fun, I think the tone was just one small notch too silly for the game, but it would be a good fit in other games.

Kenna, Emila, Allanz, and CountSuccula's character who was so nondescript I can't even remember his name were awful

I want to bring up the Blingmaker storm, which was actually very mild and had people shrugging over the results being obvious but has since birthed the culture of celeb defeatism.

It's basically a pick and choose class, much like the Aegis. You could very well go for utility stuff and take the more active abilities on the other side of the gestalt.

What was dragons 2?
I don't actually remember if I took my break from /pfg/ before that.

Well a while back someone started a game where you're champions of a dragon queen and conquer the world

Then he decided to run a second game of it, taking place in the same 'canon'. That's Dragons 2

I remember Dragons and More Dragons, because Swimmy is my lad
I just didn't know a second one occurred.
How long did the first last?

I have a mini-hard on for spymaster characters, but imagine skill monkeys/face/stealth characters are going to be common. I might still go for it since I have a fun idea for an Avowed Court Fey Pact spymaster but I think I'll research my options.

I hear the points you're making. I'm probably gonna wait with making edits until protag gives me another opinion on it, though. Arguments filed and archived.

Oh, he's super nice. I'd definitely recommend chatting with him if you get a chance. Problem is, he's caught an enormous amount heat in the past for flirtposting, lewdposting, and the general phenomenon of Kyrasposting in the thread, in which he RPs one of this more well-known characters in varying contexts.

As you might imagine, certain factions object to all of those things, and he is marked for persecution by the Reverse Cabal for these reasons, among other, no doubt secret ones.

Didn't three Literally Whos get in?
Stein, Cent, and IKiD weren't anybody before that selection.