How're y'alls enjoying Amonkhet limited?

How're y'alls enjoying Amonkhet limited?
Tired of randomly losing to busted-ass rares yet?

you should prioritize hard removal

Tired of the game feeling like literal Hearthstone, where if you get slightly behind on board you're just fucked unless you draw your busted-ass rare.

I'll just leave this right here.

Glorybringer has 4 toughness bro.

See the basic rules.

Wasn't meant specifically for Glorybringer. If you don't recognize the value of magma spray in this set, I can't help you.

It's not for dealing with busted-ass rares.

Removal is always good in limited, and magma spray is stronger than your average shock in this set. Obviously exiling matters more than most sets, but a fair bit of the set is power heavy, and even 3-4 toughness can often get into range, especially in G.

Compulsory rest
Cast out
Final reward
Cartouche of strength
Deem Worthy
Electrify
Stuff I forgot

Cancel, Fan Bearer, Edifice of Authority

>Cancel
Should only very rarely leave your sideboard. Especially since we have Essence Scatter in the set.

Never
Dusk
Finish
Fight
Cut

True, but if you happen to be in blue AND don't have an answer to a t4 or later bomb that you see, that's an answer.

Heaven
Earth
Vizier of Many Faces sometimes, especially vs Glorybringer

GWENT is the card game to kill all card games.

No. But Gwent (most likely) in combination with Hearthstone is going to make absolutely certain nobody from this day forward starts playing MTGO.

Not that anybody who starts with MTGO starts directly, they come from paper. But between Gwent and Hearthstone and the already existing YuGiOh and Pokemon games kids have pretty much zero reason to even start on paper.

The shit art they've been cranking out no longer appeals. At one point Magic was so appealing because of its art and now you can get that art fucking anywhere. And because the art has gone to more or less generic as all hell and not exciting in the slightest, why the fuck would anybody even want to look at Magic. Instead of making the art more exciting, they've dumbed it down completely. No more tits no more wacky goblin bullshit upfront.

The next set focuses on a dragon. A fucking dragon and not just any dragon but a boring looking one. Kids are ass deep in everything nowadays and the prime mascot is a dragon fighting a bunch of the most forgettable and plainest fantasy superheroes you can imagine. We took focus away from a green guy in a mask and cat person and directed the focus onto green elf and greek-soldier guy to join skank in robes, anime character in robes, and steampunk flamethrower.

>Tired of the game feeling like literal Hearthstone, where if you get slightly behind on board you're just fucked unless you draw your busted-ass rare.

This. This is why I hate AKHAKHAKH limited so much. Thank you for articulating it for me. The game is so fucking tempo oriented nowadays, just two lighting fast aggro decks smashing into each other in every game. Magic shouldn't be like that. You're supposed to be able to draw-go for your turn and still be able to win.

maybe digital card games, but a majority of physical MTG players won't drop their collections for Gwent.

My hope is that Gwent causes for Hearthstone and MTGO to get their shit together, it's been ass the last year or two.

I know it's asinine, but I got so tired of how one-dimensional and repetitive the OG Gwent got in Witcher 3 that I honestly can't bring up the motivation to even try it.

Glorybringer can't target dragons with its ability if that's what you're trying to hint at

Nah, Gwent is too brown for me, it also relies on me giving a shit about Witcher.

How much Gwent do I have to play before I can build a fun deck?

The new version is so much better. Basically, Gwent in Witcher 3 is like a single archetype in the new one, and that's about 1 of 15 or so different archetypes.

It's one of the most challenging and fair games I've ever playing. For reference I've been playing MtG consistently at a reasonable level since Lorwyn, a few drafts every week averaging about 2-3 place in 8-2 queues up until Origins . MtG and HS are super garbage now. HS was ok in moderation, but it's total shit especially with the arena overlays now.

I don't know how it'll get with time, I can see it potentially getting samey, but for now it's the most fun I've ever had with a cardgame.

Holy fuck that's full of typos.

A week and you can get almost a full tier 1 deck at the moment. You need to learn the basics anyway so using a shit deck isn't so bad at the start, and you get a few generic legos for free. Replacements are also fine, with only a few cards being entirely essential.

Gwent basically only has control, combo, midrange and tempo decks. There's a tier 1-1.5 deck for everyone of these at the moment. So depending on what you like there's definitely something there. Deckbuilding is also fun, there's lots of options for tech cards that aren't as polarizing as shit like blood moon, but still are great.

I went to my first FNM last night and played Draft and had a blast.

>Busted Rares
>Two people first picked Liliana
> I beat the one I played pretty good

Probably fucked up a bit on the draft because I didn't really have my colors figured outside of red until the 3rd pack. and I passed a few cards that would have been strong picks.

Ended up drafting a R/W exert deck
x1 Flamespeaker
x4 Nimble-blade Khenra
x1 Nef-Chrop Entagler
x2 Minotaur Sureshot
x1 Thresher Lizard
x1 Manticore of the Gauntlet
x1 Fan Bearer
x2 Sparing Mummy
x2 Djeru's Resolve
x3 Compulsory Rest
x1 Cast Out
x1 Electrify
x1 Tormenting Voice
x1 Combat Celebrant
x1 Glory-bound Initiate
x1 Sweltering Suns (foil)
x1 Throne of the God-Pharaoh
x9 Mountain
x7 Plains
Sideboard
x1 Ahn-Crop Champion
x1 Supply Caravan
x1 Greater Sandwurm
x3 Forest

How shit was my Draft Veeky Forums?

It's below average for the archetype, but the archetype is so busted it might not matter.

Nimble-blade Khenra is really a red-blue gold card and red-blue sucks. I'm also willing to bet that you never actually cast that Sweltering Suns.

I actually got Sweltering suns to Wipe a large board once. Once when I had 2 khenras on the board so they survived thanks to prowess.

Anouther time it bought me a turn in a close game (I still lost)

I think I cycled it once.

I've won 6 of the 8 drafts I've done so far and two of those have been with blue red. It can be really, really strong, if you manage to put it together.

You can do alright with it but it's on average not great.

This is the only ur deck I've got saved and I think it's from like week one of the format.

Also by the third pack I Only had a few white cards and Blue cards and hadnt committed to either. The Card quality of white ended up being a lot better but I also had a Reduce//Rubble. By the third pack white was wide open so I grabbed it up.

Probably should not of passed on 2 other fan-bearers I saw in pack 2 though.

>The game is so fucking tempo oriented nowadays, just two lighting fast aggro decks smashing into each other in every game.

Then stop playing limited and play vintage/legacy/modern?

>stop playing a fast format and play this other, more expensive fast format!
Kek, quit trying to drag people into your money pit.

Sorry I though you were just ignorant, not straight up retarded.

>The next set focuses on a dragon. A fucking dragon and not just any dragon but a boring looking one
You shut your whore mouth, Nicol Bolas looks cool as fuck as far as dragons go.

Not that guy, but I keep hearing vintage at least is a very fast format, is that not true?

It's usually set up turn one and win or you lose. Also mull for Force of Will.

Stuff I Forgot is so broken, I can't believe they printed it at that rarity and at that cost.

LIMITED TIER LIST

GOD TIER
------
RW EXERT
UR SLITHER BLADE
WB ZOMBIES

EXCELLENT TIER
------
RG AGGRO
RB AGGRO
UR SPELLS (WITH ENIGMA DRAKE)

PLAYABLE TIER
------
UW FLYERS/EMBALM
GB COUNTERS
UB CYCLERS
JUND STUFF

GARBAGE TIER
------
UR SPELLS (NO ENIGMA DRAKE)
UG RAMP
"CONTROL"

thoughts?

He said slower, not "turn one I win". Or in the case of modern, "turn 3/4 I win".

That sounds fast to me.

Yeah, you're replying to the actual idiot.

I feel like the GBcounter/UBcycles should get a mark down for being hard to build. Also, I haven't heard ofslither blade decks before, how does people make them work? Cartouche stacking?

It's the fastest format in magic outside of some casual circles. The game is decided by your hand and first turn 98% of the time.

What's slither blade?
Also yeah they had no fucking clue what to do with GU and it shows.

Slither Blade was a meme deck that only worked in the PT.

Vintage is actually pretty slow compared to modern. It's only fast if you're playing some shit deck with no interaction.

Slither Blade is not a deck don't be retarded.

>tfw my modern matches take forever and I don't get why people say it's a turn 4 format

nice try kid