So Veeky Forums how did your last character meet their end?

So Veeky Forums how did your last character meet their end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He crashed a plane. There were no survivors.

He killed himself after he failed to avenge his mother's murder and save the world from an evil omnipotent Loki wannabe.

Our party accidentally skipped 99% of the plot and got right to the final boss, an ancient dragon. He killed us all.

He was lured to a bistro and killed by a literal score of cyberninjas working for high-end bounty hunters. Said hunters were seeking to collect the rewards for his lifetime's worth of misdeeds and war crimes.

He was stabbed through the eye on top of the bar and delivered to his crew in a coffin.

I picked up the character sheet and went home, with no plans of returning

GM: Are you sure you want to do that?

Was about to get raped by a genestealer, so she released a naked ork nob from a cage hoping they'd fight, get got sandwiched between them. Ork nob did kill the genestealer, but then crushed her skull. Then the ork nob got killed with her revolver by the same naked witchling assassin who had just punched the naked ork nob in the balls with righteous fury while naked himself.

Picked a fight with somebody way above his paygrade on a matter of principle, got a hole punched through his torso.

He'll be back.

fighter opened a chest got fucked by a mimic then the ceiling fell down and killed my wizard. 2d10 on a level 1 wizard. two 10s. fuck me

Rocks fell on me immediately after I killed the DMPC/Waifu. I'm sure the two events were completely unrelated, though.

our first time dm let a dragon kill the group, ine by one, while 'another one bites the dust' was playing in the background

>ork
>balls

Sounds like he was a big guy in life.

She tried to quickly scout a Sabbat warehouse on her own using Obfuscate. The plan was to return to it later with backup but she stuck around too long and the ghouls who arrived beat her to death after they discovered her presence. The funny thing was that I was literally just about to successfully escape when they landed the killing blow.

It worked out for the best though. I'm much happier now playing my slave Gargoyle than I was playing the Malkavian (especially since he offers a drastically different perspective and playstyle than the Salubri Warrior I'm playing in our Dark Ages chronicle) and he fits in with the coterie more since a metric shit-ton of our group decided to play Tremere characters for some reason.

For you

He imploded cause magical trap

His best friend fell in love with a vile temptress and betrayed the ideals and religion they shared, taking the rest of the party with him into that woman's vile, parasitic clutches, so he left. Their quest had been tainted, and there was nothing to be done but set out on his own to fight the good fight or die trying.

He died exploring the upper levels of the Underdark, looking for the magic users being kidnapped from Haranshire and the neighbouring shires.

Some standoffish Deep Gnomes we met warned us about large, man-eating purple worms in the tunnel, but neglected to give us any specifics.

The rest of the party slept as he kept watch in the dark. Suddenly, he felt the ground begin to rumble and heard an unusual grinding sound. "Something's burrowing underneath us! It has to be a purple worm! I have to warn everyone!" he thought.

Turns out jumping up and down and shouting warnings at your entire party is a good way to have a purple worm hone in on you and only you.

Those fucking gnomes.

'Not yet, young knight. Not yet.'

Eaten by a crocodile because I rolled about twelve 9s in a row.

>The last character I made
The GM quit GM'ing.

>The last character I played.
>Bad rolls in a CoC campaign. Went catatonic in the middle of a fight with the BBEG. Almost TPK save for one who booked herself into a mental hospital where she rotted for the rest of her life. Standard CoC fare.

Insta-aged into a pile of dust by a fucking W*tch

Failed a save against an instant death trap. A trap triggered by the fucking monk. Fuck that guy.

That Barbarian Kobold I was planning on shanking to death shat all over me. The Monk was running in circles throwing stuff at him while I bled out.

The same way every one of them has. The game they were in collapsed.

If we're counting named NPCs as a GM, then he was stabbed with two poisonous swords, crucified with anti-magic nails, and impaled. It still took him three days to die.
This is the third time he's died, and he keeps getting dragged back to life because fate/the GM wants to spit on him some more.

Dwarf cannon. Too much gunpowder, not enough safety precautions. Like not sitting in the barrel of a cannon.

Teammate's Eva berserked while the other one was trapped on the battlefield after ejecting.
He sacrificed himself to save his friend from being crushed by a giant robot.
Was a bad trade, but it was in character.

my litches phylactery was destroyed

my barbarian charged a group of paladins intent on killing my barbarians friend the rouge for a blasphemy against their gods in a church.

and my own paladin got done in by a lone necromancer wielding a nightmare of my party while I was alone. I fell through guilt of killing my "party" and I thought the real ones were illusions sent to torment me. they put me down

Tried to assfuck an Avatar amidst the shattered ruins of a Craftworld.

Turns out he really should have invested more in Forbidden Lore (Xenos).

Why was everyone naked?

During the fall of his church, my paladin was betrayed by his best friend who wanted to be their leader. During their duel, their god favoured his friend instead of my paladin.

The Wizard and Necromancer of my party actually stole my soul back, and are working to create a golem/machine for my paladin to possess so he can take his revenge on his friend on the god who abandoned him.

Bathed in dragon fire.

Finally accomplished his goal of freeing the souls of "monster" that had been trapped in an endless cycle of rebirth and death at the hands of adventurer. Unfortunately the cycle of death/rebirth was to use the excess energy of the device that essentially held all magic within the universe together so it wouldn't destroy itself. So he blew up that device, which in turn destroyed all magic as it is known and freed the souls of the "monsters" allowing them to choose whether or not they live and are reborn one last time to live a real life or die and finally go to their resting place.

Should have brought some help.

He wagered he could beat the ancient evil in a freestyle rap battle. Turns out ancient gods can drop some truly savage rhymes.

Last character -- DM stopped DMing

Last ded character -- Got shot by an undead soldier while searching through a bunker.

Were they actual rhymes, or "My rhyme is best bcause I can drop a fucking meteor into your skull, fuck you"?

first one: group fell apart, stopped playing

second one: DM got a kid, we stopped playing

third one: on hiatus for the past 4 months due to busy schedules

feelsbadman

Literally never had a character meet their end over two years of playing.

One character did die in his first session, but made a deal with a demon to get revived

But that doesn't rhyme?

The campaign was lost in the sands of life, of course. Just like all of the others.

Stepped on a toe popper, went into shock, and then bled out while the rest of the squad took small arms fire. They called in a napalm strike to suppress the gooks up on the hill, but rolled terribly, and the was off target, and after a direction, and deviation roll, the fucking napalm landed on our own squad.

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY&t

Technically it didn't happen yet, but she does know that in one version of her future, she goes insane.

Burns a few planets, empowers herself with powerful artefacts, all to bring back her dead mother. Ends up being killed by the person she considered her best friend, who years later, became an Inquisitor. Also gets stabbed by her Assassin friend who worked for said new Inquisitor who was part of their old team.

Before this though, she kills the Techpriest and is indirectly responsible for the death of the Arbite.

How does she die though? Gets distracted by her past self, who uses codes to shut down her defences (which my character knew, because I used only a password that I'd know.) This leaves her open for a psi-bolt to the chest, and gets stabbed by the Inquisitor and Assassin... Then a shot from an enemy ship blows up the bridge of the ship they were in, killing all three.

And that's how my character might die. The future can still be changed!

In the ruins of old seatle, he rode a drone while flight of the valkyries was playing. He didn't survive.

Something I have always wanted to do in a game and honestly it doesn't matter if I was DM on player.

But blow up a plane in D&D. Fuck that shit would be dope.

The game wasn't going super well and people weren't very interested, so we simply didn't continue. He's still on a sheet in a drawer somewhere around here, I think.

Explain

Beheaded on the orders of the King to kick start the plot. He was a DMPC I was using to help the players acclimate to my setting. Once they knew which way was up, he had served his purpose.

The Deck of Many things

Log trap.

Crashed a magical fantasy plane after using it to make a daring escape.

The controls were easy enough to figure out, but navigating a hurricane was not.

I was supposed to be bait to lure an ogre away from its den and into an ambush. Turned out the rest of my party had decided to sacrifice me behind my back and get the loot that was stashed inside the ogre's cave. So here I am all by myself and I was fucking mad. So I fought tooth and nail and was able to kill it using the environment. Boulders are best rocks. Anyway I made it to the cave just as they were getting ready to leave with the loot and seeing that I was alive the rouge just up and stabbed me to death. I decided not to re roll a new character since that's what they had expected me to do afterwords and stopped playing with those assholes all together. Fuckers.

Torn apart by troglodytes while scouting out a cave.

Hello G.R.R.M., do you really have time to be on Veeky Forums when you've got, you know, a book series to finish?

Ah betrayal... thy name is Benedict.

>Implying he intends to finish anything
Fat man doesn't give a shit anymore

The DM sounds like a dick for even allowing that to take place.

Oh you better fucking believe it, I was looking at him through the entire ordeal and just burning with fury and incredulation and he had the gall to just shrug his shoulders and be like "Sucks to suck, man."

I have never had a character died no matter how hard I try. The campaign always dies first.

Well then, by Schrodinger's law... you're character is both alive in victory or dead in defeat at the same time since the Campaign wasn't resolved and you can't see what would have happened. Rejoice at forever being a champion and weep at always being an eternal failure.

In a bed, as an old man, surrounded by his family.

By a railroady GM. Tech Priest assigned to a tank crew. Gave zero fucks about the others. 2nd session in, we see, about a kilometer away, something weird and glowy in the desert and some npc strung up on it. Fuck risking this glorious tank for someone dumb enough to be captured, so I say we keep the tank back. Guess that wasn't enough time to press the break pedal, because magically, we arrived at the foot of the altar, then a Necron croissant ship appeared in orbit, then we got abducted? All this in the time it would take to react. So maybe he's in a Trazyn Pokeball. I dunno. It never progressed beyond that.

I misread that as in a fantasy plane of existence, and my desire to know more was intensifying.

One player kept not showing up and the GM refused to move on without him so I eventually quit

Pursuing freedom.

Were it only that simple. A follow-up multiverse campaign turned every game dying into a plot-point and most characters ended up showing up either as a cameo or as encounters.

Suplexed a gargoyle off a 30ft ledge and then punched it to death before succumbing to the second gargoyle.

jumped into an unopened chest to escape a water elemental. Chest was full of knives

Signed his soul over to a devil in a deal. Got fucked over in the deal. Lost one of his arms in a transportation circle spell. Retired the character right after that.

I never thought about how his life went after that and the campaign eventually fell apart.

Got eaten by a monstrously huge creature. In fairness i dumped a small lakes worth of lava over its head, if someone did that to me and I was a mile tall i'd probably kill them too.

Jumped in front of a searing blast from some demon to save a party member.

that sounds extremely painful

He was a ifrit who got the death penalty after accidentally burning down the slums of a major city

Charging a Lictor with one Wound left. Gotta love Frenzied Psykers.

He was incinerated when one of our party members set fire to 35 barrels of explosives in the BBEGs castle.

>getting killed by ghouls
>as a vampire

He had taken over the Gangrel local clan singlehandedly by force, so it took dread magics by a blood sorcerer and the entire clan coming out in force for a trap to put him down. That said, I later learned that the blood sorcery was cheated, however I had no recourse. He was swept into torpor thereafter and sometime shortly after the game ended because of other cheatery. Still, best time I ever had.

Last character who died? He got stabbed to death by the party rogues.

Fucking elves.

It was my first time playing a rogue, and I ended up taking a few more hits than I could handle.

Took a launched grenade to the face in the old West End Games Star Wars from my bounty hunter rival that the GM constantly pulled new BS out to save every time I managed to gain the upper hand.

Technically I came back because I was a droid and could just be repaired, but it cost the rest of the party a *lot* of money with no in-character reason to give a shit because this was my character's introductory story. Which, by the way, STARTED with my droid only surviving his OPENING FUCKING SCENE by GM fiat because of how OP said rival was. The GM saw nothing wrong with any of this. So when the GM made it painfully obvious that he was also ignoring the entire backstory and potential character arcs he required me to write up, I said "fuck this bullshit" and just told them my character was well and truly dead. That game fucking sucked.

Joe?

Swallowed a necklace of fireballs.

Mark?

>Only War

Slipped in a trench, trampled by his own regiment, drowned in mud.
And my character's death wasn't even the worst one.

Clawing out a shark pirate captains gills but then he bit my head off. I wasn't going to be able to keep going to the sessions so I just wanted my character to die.

Was that his plan?

Now tell me what you want to do to that fucking w*tch.

>not becoming an antipaladin of Asmodeus

I'm sure he'd love to have you.

Yeah story time, explain

I know these feels all too well anons.
>indefinite hiatus
>never happened because the game was a bamboozle
>indefinite hiatus
>indefinite hiatus in the room before the final boss
>indefinite hiatus due to college
>indefinite hiatus due to the GM being a shit and not being able to write to save their damn life (my last campaign)
>indefinite hiatus because everyone just got bored
>never happened because the game was a bamboozle

Headbutting a demon wearing a pickelhaube helmet.

I dont really care, still killed it

I'm not gonna go into details, but it would involve a length of rope, duct tape, several of those tiny vibrating pellets, equal number of large-capacity batteries, and the softest feather duster money can buy.

My, I think I can fill in the blanks.

Insanely foolsih try at revenge\intimidation, which ended in the party wipe by machine gun fire, shotgun wounds at point blank and an amazingly unlucky cqc ecounter, followed by extensive orbital bombardment.

Campaign was restarted because the DM was unhappy with how it turned out(and the revolving door of previous players who kept dropping). Luckily I made the same character in another game, a stronger but younger version. He's still going strong.

Well, it started with a bad idea and ended with a failed religion check.

Bloody Skeletal "knight" was a paladin given a new lease to right the wrong that ended him and create a kingdom for husband people.

First fight is against a will o' the wisp at lv 2. I can hit it on an 18-20, rogue need some a natural 20.

I start swinging and bring it down to single digits but it end ups knocking me down in short order. I'm down for an hour when the bloody regeneration kick start in. the rogue feints the wisp and scores a killing blow on it barely.

So she does the first thing that comes to mind and forces a healing potion down my characters throat, dealing 1d8+1 positive energy damage and destroying the skeleton instantly.

'Twas a silly characters. Playing two lynian's now supporting our meowstress. (It's a 2 v dm game)

Did someone say duct tape?

A long and unfortunate series of events.

Playing a Gnome Bard in a mostly Human Kingdom.

Character starts out like the rest of the party lawful good.

We arrive in the main city and go underground to fit some mafia/corrupt humans.

On the way we find a Deck of Many Things. The Paladin gets a fucking kingdom, the rogue gets a fuck tonne of money, I get turned Chaotic Evil.

We come out the dungeon and the city belongs to the Paladin, murals of her are painted on the buildings, there are signs about rebooting Unjust-Ungood activity EVERYWHERE.

And now I am Chaotic Evil, every time now I have to make a stealth check when they detect evil.

My songs take on a darker turn and I start secretly messaging the DM to arrange for things my network of minions I build are doing.

Eventually we start fighting the city's big-bad a pack of rabid were-otters. We battle them through a huge sewer labyrinth.

Eventually in pitched combat one of them bites me and I start to turn, now I reveal to the party my true colours by offering the Otters a huge sum of money (I'd embezzled the Rogue's fortune and blamed it on the Otters) if they'll fight for me against the party.

The party over come them and I escape to my stronghold.

The next session is me vs the party as I rally the defenses of my stronghold while they prep my ship to escape.

Unfortunately the party cuts through my lackeys quickly and I'm stranded alone on the dock in the throws of turning to a gnome-otter creature, a little while longer and it would have been a cool boss fight, if they'd gotten to me earlier they could have stopped the transformation.

The Paladin (now the Queen of the ultra-good City/State) puts me down herself.

He had his throat slit before being dumped into a mass grave.