/wmcyoa/ Worm Metropolis CYOA Thread #8

"Weekend War" Edition

Previous Thread IRC: Chat is dead, long live the chat (Use Discord)
Discord: discord.gg/du3Xsdr
Pastebin : pastebin.com/v9N1nhm3
Google Drive : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c
Drive Drop : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5UE14QjhCQ21xTDQ?usp=sharing
New Metropolis CYOA(WIP): docs.google.com/document/d/1nFdmfWAqeiq12eCZK0VoxPsj8r6hWn-_buCRSyaFHmY/edit?usp=sharing

RP Rules, CYOA and Info Below

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/HEcbD3B
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Hey. I tried something like this in the CYOA thread and there was enough interest in forming teams and shit as characters I decided to make this into an entire thread on its own. Basically you use the Worm CYOA to make yourself a superhero and join a team. The goal of this thread is not to build super OP characters, but build interesting characters who would work together in teams. Compared to the regular CYOA this is a low-power game. The CYOA itself is super easy to break, so there’s a few rules to go along with it to maintain the theme of the thread, keep things balanced and prevent this thread from turning into a race to make the most OP character possible.

>The setting itself is Metropolis, a typical extra-large New York sandbox rip-off. Even though it’s all the same setting you can pick Gestation, the Golden Age or Worthless Opponent as your scenario, but it won’t mean much more than a difference in starting points. Canon characters – Contessa, Skitter, Eidolon, Glaistig Uaine, etc – don’t exist in Metropolis. Every organisation mentioned in the CYOA still exists, but with none of the canon characters in it and they are based out of Metropolis. The Protectorate and the Wards still exist, as does the PRT. The Guild is not Canadian. The Undersiders are pre-Taylor heisters. The ABB and E88 are locked in a turf war and the Merchants sell drugs to homeless people. S9 exists and you can be in it, but you’ll probably end up with a kill order on you.

>1) Duplicate powers don’t stack. Two people with power fluctuation standing next to each other would not buff each other’s power fluctuations. This is to stop the most OP builds.
>2) You can only spend a maximum of 15 Shard points on powers. This includes the 3S it takes to upgrade a power to its second trigger. This rule is in place to stop people building characters with a million high S powers (vigilantes I’m looking at you) or who are otherwise obscenely broken – Worm parahumans are closer to being x-men than justice leaguers in power level. It also stops everyone from taking a million flaws to get ridiculous powers. We can’t all be vagrants who got kidnapped and tortured by S9 and Ziz. Conspirators are the exception to this rule – they can spend up to 20 points on powers (perks of being cauldron).
>3) No Abaddon shards, Trump second triggers, or Negentropy. No-one has Abaddon shards in canon Worm and this is a low power game anyway. Negentropy is a no go because the entities lose all incentive to hand out powers if they’ve developed immortality. If you’re upset because “muh immortality” keep in mind as a parahuman you’re unlikely to live for much longer than a decade anyway (life in spandex is violent and short). Trump second triggers are broken. All of them.
>4) No more than 3 Endbringers at a time. First come first served, and you play like canon Endbringers – you periodically show up to wreck everybody’s shit.
>5) I’m thinking of making this into a proper RP if I can find a decent place to host it. No drop-ins or gifts – let’s keep it in-character.

>A few final notes:

>Case 53 flaw x1 = you are a human with a few extra parts, like elf ears, feathers in your hair, weird pupils/irises/sclera, extra fingers etc. Think Canary from canon.

>Case 53 Flaw x2 = you are still recognisably humanoid, but not as a “human”. Think Gully or Weld from canon – you genuinely look like a monster and ordinary humans might be nervous or quick to judge you.

>Case 53 x3 = you are no longer recognisable as human. Think Garotte or Mantellum from canon. People who see you will think you’re a monster and may run screaming from you.

>Having a kill order on you means you did something truly horrific or awful, or have repeatedly shown yourself to be too dangerous to be safely apprehended by the authorities. In short, you’ve killed people and as a result there's a fuckhueg bounty on you, which anyone - from heroes to sinister villains to rule-breaking vigilantes to every yahoo with a gun - can collect on, with no questions asked an no attempts to arrest them. They just stroll into Protectorate HQ, drop off your severed head, get given their money and walk out, even if they're a wanted felon.

>What's new?

Well, the Slaughterhouse 9 are in town and doing their usual schtick of physical and psychological terror. Protip: Don't drink the water.

Initial skirmishes resulted in no casualties that couldn't be repaired by the wet tinkers, but it's only a matter of time until the good guys start feeling the attrition.

The Wards have proven remarkably competent, but the Metropolis Protectorate is in dire need of adult hero reinforcements to help fight the 9.

Make sure you join the discord !
discord.gg/HEcbD3B

>Peak Condition, X-Ray Vision, Respawn
What else would fit this guy? Regeneration doesn't do his "execute to get health back" thing, and neither does Vampirism.

Vampirism is definitely the closest you'll get to that.
Marksmanship
Vigilante.

Vampirism is definitely the closest.

update when

Maybe after the heroes are done nuking the city to kill a single villain.

Yeah, things are a little out of hand.

>not flattening the city to drop a single dude
You don't know how this superhero thing works, I presume?

you must not have read WORM have you...

that is exactly how it DOES NOT work. because in that setting almost everyone is very easy to kill. even, or indeed especially, because they might have superpowers.

I literally just finished this memenovel.

Did they beat Teacher or did Teacher win? If they won, did they blew up their amnesty?

Is Contessa a little bitch? I thought she was a good gal, she dindu nuffin, but she was literally Teacher's pawn.

How did Alec made it?

So many questions, zero answers.

>he has respawn
>but he doesn't have Fake Death

in order

>neither
teacher didn't win or lose...yet...

>nope
think about her powers
it's taking her someplace

>he didn't
imp took his place and adopted his siblings

all of it is in the epilogues

>he didn't
Taylor saw him after meeting with her family at the end. Literally the last word is "Alec?"

>teacher didn't win or lose...yet...
what do you mean by yet? It's over, there is no sequel in the making. So, Teacher won? Holy shit.

>think about her powers
She could stop the New World Order with a single bullet yet she chooses to let Teacher enslave millions of civilians, and his lieutenants are abusing women for food and shelter. She is evil now.

Also I cried with Dragon's ending. She is the living definition that 2D girls > 3D girls.

>Literally the last word is "Alec?"
alternate dimensions he is as much her Alec as that woman she went to meet was her mother

>there is no sequel in the making
yes there is.
literally wildbows next project after he finishes what he's working on now.

>She is evil now.
arguably she was evil before with cauldron.
it depends on if you value the ends over the means or vice-versa.
if she has a goal, the path is clear to her and her power will take her there.

if not, then yes she's evil.

>Dragon's ending.
>2D girls > 3D girls.
no, Pandora was that living definition
but that, like the general level of evil of Contessa is really more of an opinion...

>alternate dimensions he is as much her Alec as that woman she went to meet was her mother
Oh, I thought it was that people that died in one earth were sent to the other one.

I mean how could Alec be born there if he was the child of HeartBreaker and one of his "ladies" that he used to rape? The coincidences are 1 in a million.

>no, Pandora was that living definition
Well yes it was Pandora who gave me the feelings. Dragon was nice too, but Pandora was perfect.

It was a good reading. The author will never surpass it unless the point of view is from Imp, she is hilarious.

There are a lot of powers that are missing in these image files. Like Battery, Assault, hell even Legend's beams don't seem to be there in the power list. You guys should fix that shit up, add some tinker stuff like Bakuda and Armsmaster. Or something to make a Mannequin-like. Hell there is nothing in the Master line for controlling animals when the novel was full of them, with bugs, dogs, and birds on fire. Also its missing Addon or something, the other Thinker that could make "perfect plans" he had a cool power. Anyway, keep up the good work guises.

I'm just saying that if I'm fighting Superman there's bound to be some collateral damage.

Also why are the heroes nuking the city to kill a single villain?

eh, coincidences happen. and sometimes SOMEONE wins the lottery. so Rape Baby Alec could be a thing, sense of humor possibly included...

I didn't make the char-builder images but I bet you can get the general effect by mix-n-matching things from other classes.

like how Chariot was a Mover because his Tinker powers involved the making of vehicles

Yes you are right you can do a Mannequin-like with Survivalism, Quality Assurance, and Augmentation or robotics.

I have a question about a few powers. Can you make a Miss Militia-like with Revenant Blade+Infinite Ammo? Or does Revenant Blade not work like that?

What happens if you have Living Forest+Paralysis? Does that make everyone getting paralyzed in the whole area?

Lacking options in Kinetic Energy powers and something like what Hookwolf had. Thanks for your information.

no idea. I have yet to read the rest of the image and I'm not letting myself until my lesson-plan is finished...

but I'd bet the answer is "probably"

You forgot to mention no STs on Trump powers again.

It's in point #3 with the other restrictions.

>It's over, there is no sequel in the making
user, Wildbow confirmed that there's going to be a Worm 2 after Twig. (Dunno when the Worm rewrite is comparatively, if it's still planned at all)

>respawn
>vigilante
>bombs
Allah!

>I thought she was a good gal, she dindu nuffin, but she was literally Teacher's pawn.
She really was a good gal and dindu nuffin. The Teacher's stuff must all be part of a plan. Just according to PtV (translator's note - PtV means Path to Victory).

>There are a lot of powers that are missing in these image files.
Why would you want to remake already existing capes? This whole thing is about making your new original ones, not copypasting the old stuff all over again.

>he doesn't want to control animals
Kill yourself.