Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505689.page
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/379581.page
s91.photobucket.com/user/Lavallin/library/Modified Russ?sort=3&page=1
imgur.com/a/lM9ZO
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?148220-Wilsonian-s-Imperial-Guard&p=2700376&viewfull=1#post2700376
z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=17998
orig14.deviantart.net/198b/f/2010/291/c/5/warhammer_40k_sherman_russ_by_shadowgyrlbrice-d311gho.jpg
images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2017/2/22/859063_md-Socius Pattern Leman Russ Battle Tank.jpg
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?29192-StuG-Russ-Conversion-Guide!-(pic-heavy)-CLOSED
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?14209-The-Imperial-Guard-Tread-head-thread&p=541091#post541091
coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img45d0711746cf6.jpg
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?14209-The-Imperial-Guard-Tread-head-thread&p=2774986#post2774986
z4.invisionfree.com/Boot_Camp/index.php?showtopic=13297&hl=
z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=33
z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=10410&st=25&#entry3562668
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"No Edition" Edition

How long until Guirlyman says any xenos waifu is an honorary human?

Teleport Homer text reads "If an enemy model is ever within 9" of the teleport homer, it is deactivated and removed from the battlefield". The structure of that sentence implies that it's the enemy model that's removed. Each Terminator Squad that you bring thus provides you with a permanent 9" death sphere that you can place in your deployment zone. Bring IG mortars + manticores or the artillery of your choice and have them sit back completely immune to assault.
Reposting because other thread is det.

New thread, same old autism: would y'all build any of these for 8th ed. IG Russ spam?

Link dump:
-reversed tracks for sloping armor
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505689.page
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/379581.page
s91.photobucket.com/user/Lavallin/library/Modified Russ?sort=3&page=1

-Chimera tracks (or just lots of plasticard) for a Macharius look
imgur.com/a/lM9ZO
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?148220-Wilsonian-s-Imperial-Guard&p=2700376&viewfull=1#post2700376
z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=17998

-new tracks for a Sherman look
orig14.deviantart.net/198b/f/2010/291/c/5/warhammer_40k_sherman_russ_by_shadowgyrlbrice-d311gho.jpg
images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2017/2/22/859063_md-Socius Pattern Leman Russ Battle Tank.jpg

-complete LR/Chimera kitbash for a Panzer/Comet look

warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?29192-StuG-Russ-Conversion-Guide!-(pic-heavy)-CLOSED
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?14209-The-Imperial-Guard-Tread-head-thread&p=541091#post541091
coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img45d0711746cf6.jpg
warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?14209-The-Imperial-Guard-Tread-head-thread&p=2774986#post2774986
z4.invisionfree.com/Boot_Camp/index.php?showtopic=13297&hl=

-complete kitbashes for a modern look
z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=33
z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=10410&st=25&#entry3562668
etc. ...

You can't deactivate an enemy model, so the teleport homer is the one deactivated and removed.

Shoo-shoo, Shekelberg lawyer!

Knew I forgot something.

Our Hats Have Skulls On Them, Are We the Baddies edition.

I think the better question is, "How long before the High Lords say that Space Marines and Primarchs stop getting to be honorary humans?"

>OH FUCK, A BEACON!
>*UULLH*
lel

a son of god has come back from death to lead the imperium into a new age, you think the high lords have any real power now?

don't you have anything better to do then break 8th with wording that won't fly offline?

What the fuck are these models
>not the fucking nurgle sorcerer

>A Mutant is being placed in control of our pure humanity, who will stand against him?

Do I look like I know how to decipher whatever the fuck piece of vomit it is that you just put in front of my eyes user?

DO I?

P.S. Who cares about Nurgle when Tyranids exist.

Which drill size should I use for the gun barrel ? The bolt gun I mean.

Has anyone got the new white dwarf just checked the megas and didnt find anything, pretty sure one of the megas is dead as well

Shame most of the fliers look hideous or suck
Ace Combat 7 happening is making me want to add some sleek air support.

> Who cares about main villian when Npc race exists

user...

Who is the most redpilled faction on the imperiums current state?

"Model" is the subject of the sentence. "Of the teleport homer" is a prepositional phrase. The deactivation is acting on the subject of the sentence, it doesn't matter what's in the prepositional phrase. You're just jelly because i'm going to dominate tournaments with my death field artillery.

Left are likely death shroud termies

Middle arrow looks like a daemon Prince looking at the size of the base and the reversed legs

The right arrow, I'm not sure. I thought it was a blight drone at first, but the more I look, the less I'm certain.

Look below the right arrow to see the Nurgle ultralisk

1 mm

what are the rules for cover with regards to screening units? for example, what happens if I have 2 tactical squads, one in front of the other, and my opponent wants to shoot at the rear squad? do I get +1 to my armor, or can they simply not be targeted?

You are the Charles Carreon of rules lawyering. And that's not a compliment

Primaris Space Marines.

Sound like it might be Custodes. Apparently they've gone full rage since leaving the palace due to how far it's fallen.

> they simply not be targeted?

>baneblade in the center of IG army taken out turn 3
>explodes
>max distance explosion
>d6 mortal wounds to every unit within a fucking foot of a baneblade's hull

Well this is a ridiculously stupid RAW argument:

Imagifier: Roll a D6 at the start of each of your tusn. On a 4+ you can pick a friendly unit within 6" of this model and perform an AoF with it.

Now, this just says unit. An exorcist, which does not have the AoFs rule, is an unit. By RAW you could make an Exorcist shoot twice per turn.

Celestine is the same, but her rule is Adepta Sororitas and not , but that doesn't change the allowed targets at all.

What unit even has Teleport Homers?

Are typhoon missile launchers even worth taking on land speeders or is 2 multimeltas a better choice

where do the rules say this though? it is unlikely that a unit in front of another blocks 100% of the rear models from view.

Don't talk about my Voidraven-fu like that!

Termies

the guard

good luck trying to dethrone him. he's got the backing of the church, the pledge of a saint, the marines flocking to him, probably the emperor's encouragement, the public influence, help from the ynari/eldar, and the help of an archmagos who wants to be the next leader of the admech.

The Inquisition, filthy heretic.;

Let's say I wanted to get back into the game for 8th Edition. Where would I start with a Tyranid army (besides the obligatory Tyrant)? Are gaunts and warriors worth it at all?

I thought you mean really wall of spehs mahrines. If you can see anything- you can shoot it

just enhance the pixels lmao

>Reversed Tracks
Definitely not. Your ability to climb even the smallest ledges is ruined.
>Chimera Tracks
I like it, but I'd keep the Chimera's interpretation of the hull-mount
>New Tracks
They look like the original tracks but very slightly deemphisized the Mark 1 style or track returns. Lots of effort for minimal gain.
>Total Kitbash
Looks pretty lovely. I'd take a couple. Doesn't feel 40k though...
>Modern Look
That's not modern, it looks like a Churchill with an oversized turret!

>loose a few conscripts in each of your six units
Doesn't sound too bad

Nids got a good makeover.

Would you play against an army labeled as "Chaos Marines" painted as loyalist Sons of Horus? As in the models and the paint scheme aren't really chaos'd up with mutations and other stuff, but look basically like Heresy era marines?

Yes. Even if they weren't, the power gap is so much smaller now that you can basically just run what you want. You should build your army that way.

Do daemons still get deepstrike base or do bloodletters have to hoof it now?

>What army is best at going fast?
Dark Eldar, right?
>Which army is best at making explosions?
Guard?

So, units not in an explicitly defined piece of terrain never gain cover (except from some ability or psychic power or special rule etc)

Bravo shekelberg, conscriptfags BTFO

>i am literally incapable of reading rules help me!

Daily reminder that Orks are now meme WAAC tier, replacing Tau.

In this case it was two infantry units, four HQs, and three vehicles.

Listen up grunt, A commissar from the lore is put in charge of your regiment, who is it?

No, models gain cover if they covered at 1/4. Big models must be 1/2

soo a third of your boys arent even in the fight but XD +1 ATTACK BUBBLE

retarded shit

But only models with the Act of Faith rule can perform Acts of Faith.

>watching MWG

He even fucked it up because Ghazzy only gives +1 on the charge.

pic related

MWG has the best overall quality of hosts and game variety.

Hmm...don't know that many. Probably not Yarrick or Cain. Because we rarely see Orks and I see executions all the time this edition.

maybe 3+ years ago

>No 'Is Marneus Calgar real?' tab
>No 'Ebay Tau' tab
>No 'Fabius bile' tab

6/10

They look mutated. Or at least your painting skills are. Way to butcher models.
You could at least paint a clean black along the rim of your models to clean up where you smeared the shitty GW basing-paint, you fucking hack.

it was the Rich dude from BTP videos, right?

doesnt surprise me..

lol, I'm not trying to win contests you autist.

I hate to say it, but that is technically incorrect. The AoF rule says you pick a model with AoF rule at the start of your turn and on a 2+ perform and act of faith with it he wording on both Celestine and the Imagrifier say to pick a unit and perform an act of faith with it. The wording the same except the restrictions are different.

Thoughts?

>Dark Angels gay fanfiction
That's some strange shit.

No, they do not. Being a daemon gets you a 5++ now, and each chaos affiliation has an added bonus.

Did that and it didnt work well. You wanna give it a try? Im a retard at photo shop

also, they are all works in progress, I haven't figured out the exact color scheme I want, hence the different shades

>Being a daemon gets you a 5++ now
It always did, you fucking retard.

That's what he gets for taking superheavies in the horde infantry edition.
You know what wouldn't have exploded and killed everything around them? 200 conscripts.

I'm just getting into this and I have a question. I'm making a Thousand Sons army and I was wondering, since they're chaos (I think?) can I use any of the daemons with them or just Tzeentch?

One at the arrow head looks like a bloat-drone. Maybe a proper kit instead of a starter set one. Turbines and guns at the sides, cables beneath to hold the model up.

It was brought up on one of the live streams and the answer was that only models with the rule can perform Acts of Faith. It's not the first example of poor wording.

Well the thing is: can they see your models through yours?

Literally shooting is based on if your model can see their model.
The cover rules do not even state obscured by other units as cover. They can only block LOS.

So see pic related.
Squad 1 can see 2/3 because there are gaps between the models.

So how many Conscript hordes could this likely clear if it was even given rules similar to those from aeronautica?

Even Khorne

I know. The gay is implied and totally redundant.

Ok, good. Honestly, I expected nothing less in the SoB section of the book because we always get shitty copy-paste rules that no one ever actually looks over.

Man, they really don't know wtf they want to have daemons play as. I still have my 4E book where the entire army was required to deepstrike.

Then we had the 6E book with lol random as the focus where you couldnt even buy wargear like normal. Now, 4 editions later wysiwyg applies to our models and most of my units don't even have their normal weapons modelled.

Like none of my kitbashed khorne heralds have hellblades. My DPs suddenly get fucked out of nowhere because suddenly what arms they have matter. Ugh so irritating.

r8

>mfw they are busy working on emps OP ass pulls to make Guilliman's secret ultra legions deus ex look like shit.
>inb4 Custodes get access to even more OP squads of Giant T8 Custodes-Primarch hybrids that ride bolts of lightning and arrive from the Emperor's secret Azyr-like dimension, made up of all the non grimdark and retarded Golden Age humans who got sick of the Imperium's shit.

It only did as of 6e. Previously daemons got their invulnerable save from their army book's special rules and tzeentch daemons got 4++

>You can't criticize me because I wasn't even trying to compete at all

I bet you got a trophy just for participating too, if mommy and daddy even let you play sports. If your ego bruises this much from a real evaluation of your painting, I'd hate to see you in a contact sport.

Triggered yourself did you?

>Nids player
Oh look another waac bandwagon member.

Who's better then?

IG>Nids for WAACfags

lel even the dark eldar aircraft are edgy

Any more Primaris rumours now that the White Dwarf has been sneak peeked?

i am just saying you are focusing on something tangentially related to my question and purpose for posting. I made my dudes to play the game with, not to be the best painted models around or win any contests.

[spoilers]Autism to the max.

Thoughts on Chaos smurfs mixed with slaanesh?

Seekers seem insane, they get 4 attacks, move 14", attack first in combat and can move and charge. I'm wondering what size to run them in, demonic icon wants large units but to make the most of them you want smaller units you can flank with.

Remember when bringing tanks in IG was practically Mandatory to win games?

Now its mandatory to prove we're not trying to win at all costs!

Only MODELS within 6" get the +1A, not UNITS..

For literally everyone commenting with arrows for reference and the bloat drone. I am talking about these two specifically

So I just came back to 40k after an about 4 year break and holy shit things have changed.
Mostly for the better or is that just me?

New rules making close combat great again.
more paints.
Bundles from GW that are worth playing.
Blood Bowl (holy shit YES!)!
Has GW started listening to their base?

From a mathhammer point of view, what is better a weapon that has assault D6 and does 1 wound of damage or a weapon that is assault 1 and does D6 wounds of damage?

If I cast fog of dreams on a unit with re-roll 1's to hit do they then get to re-roll 2's?

They look fine, only an autist wouldn't play you. On a lore note however, loyalist Sons of Horus reverted to Luna Wolves panoply.