Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQz7NrverCc
youtube.com/watch?v=xpsZAaAToEY
youtu.be/vUjtF0YYZ1c
youtube.com/watch?v=uNYUQ5nWMP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He can be ... very persuasive.
youtube.com/watch?v=iQz7NrverCc

Autistic brilliant woman who's always one step ahead of the players. She'd be the BBEG herself if she had any personal ambition.

Klovis the Redeemer meets The Monarch meets Dick Dastardly

He always seeks opportunities to usurp his masters position, kinda like Starscream. Only his is incredibly impatient and gets Ughnxious about it.

fuck u its funny

Doug is too pure for this world

>right hand man
Ugh.

My main BBEG is the right-hand man of "basically Lucifer". He's a former priest of the Goddess of light, life, and radiant energy, and holds a grudge against all gods of good. He became a necromancer after basically Lucifer ripped his soul out of the underworld to let him escape death.

His right hand "man" is a small girl he cured of a terminal disease with the power of necromancy and turned her into an autistic slaughtering machine.

He was arrogant, he cut corners, and he had a temper. The BBEG was a kindly old priest, just pure, absolute, unfettered evil. The second-inc-command, I guess TvTropes would call him the Dragon, was a younger priest, fewer class levels, no psychic ability. He had real power, but he was simply no match for the protagonist and his party. The protagonist's grandfather could have beat him, but not the BBEG.

I find creating a fun second-in-command to be a good writing exercise. How do you make him evil and ambitious without being a bigger threat? This time, I just gave him a few levels fewer, but next time, who knows?

The party.

You'd be amazed how long it can take groups to realize that they're working for the villian when he's smart enough to avoid riding around on a skeletal horse and raise the souls of dead heros and monsters as an unstoppable army when they're around

An accountant who was originally a good friend of the BBEG before his soul got corrupted.

It's getting unreal, the loyalty doug has for the underwoods. But refreshing.

She's an alchemist with Jekyl and Hyde type thing going on, with the Hyde basically being Jekyl's go-to problem solver. She's too paranoid to trust anyone that isn't her, her clone, or one of her zombies.

Had a big falling out with the BBEG, left, got a job, and now is the party's current manager/driver/landlord/body disposal guy. Having had to deal with three trips to the hospital, several incidents of property damage, a litany of injuries ranging from "got road rash from being thrown out of a car" to "fractured my legs jumping off of a dragon and onto an angry asian woman", and finding out that he might have an infestation of vampires to deal with, he is very, very done with this shit.

Neither currently knows the other is in the city.

His name is John Hamilton and he's helping a degenerate traitor defy good social order and the Crown.

youtube.com/watch?v=xpsZAaAToEY

Think sylar from heroes ( lives to collect abilities/knowledge by eating/absorbing people )

Is actually much stronger than the main villain but in his service he gets access to more and more people to consume so the more abilities and knowledge that he can absorb and the harder he is to kill. His end game is to become what he thinks a god should be.... Players have really struggled killing him he has TPKed a few times in epic battles.. Once was due to retardedness... The other times were excellent where something backfired or just bad tactical choices but 70% of the time the party succeeds but with massive damage and sometimes losing one or two members.. I did make him easier to beat after the first 2 TPKs

Mine doesn't have one. He's at the center of a sprawling web of interconnected things that don't appear to be connected to one another.

He has a fro and steals accordions

He's actually left handed.

Right-hand man? Heh. My BBEG works solo. Easier that way, no lessers to hold him down.

His brother, a fairly talented Bard. He's tagging along his brother's conquests to make stories out of them, so he's really just the glorified cameraman of evil deeds.

OK can I have more?

Story time!

doug did nothing wrong

How very holistic of you user... Can I has moar? Setting... What does he want?

She a thoroughly insane and huge palm dryad who still wears the remains of her filthy blood-soaked shorts and hawaiian t-shirt under her dirty hellgod robe, who was taken in by the thrall of an entire dead infinity yearning to live again by overtaking the souls of everything escaping it to a new existence.

But now she's deeply fucked because the players over 5 years have managed to mangle and alter time so hard that there's a chance for a better end than what was once inevitable, so she's going to be really fucked in the leaves once all her former cult coworkers show up asking her to come home.

Doug is the best character in that whole show, easy

>man
Ugh.

Snivelling ofcourse!
youtu.be/vUjtF0YYZ1c

>Implying Underwood is the villain
Why do you hate what's good for America user?

>BBEG

Gross.

Well my BBEG Has 3 right-hand men who each control a third of his mighty goblinoid army.
The weakest one is the hobgoblin general whom has been spliced with a displacer beast, he looks normal enough minus some twitching but after a while of combat his mutations will assert themselves into the abomination he is.

Next is the new goblin king, a Nilbog. This guy's been dunked into the far realm and resulted in the most dangerous kind of goblin there can be. Anything that hits him is reversed so hitting him gives temporary HP and healing spells damage him.

Finally the most dangerous one is the bugbear lord. He, like the hobgoblin has been spliced however this one is a horrible mixture of a bugbear and a beholder. The BBEG Used a complex mix of sleeping spells and suggestion to create this abomination. His entire bugbear army his slaved to his will and his xenophobia extends to the goblinoids instead just himself like normal beholders.

I'd give her the OO-WA! And then I'd kick her, sir!

An amalgamation of historical characters. There's some Prince Eugene, a handful of Protopopov, some Yezhov but honestly his main influence is Speer.

The main villain is weirder, it's mostly Louis XIV, Gustavus Adollphus, Wilhelm II with a handful of Savonarola. My campaigns are weird.

>The main villain is weirder
>mostly Louis XIV

user the thread is about bad guys, not heroes

Of course I'm shaping them to be evil and taking characteristics I find interesting, which is why it has Louis XIV, Wilhelm II and Savonarola all mixed together, the dude's insane and desires glory like crazy and has some rather strong convictions that he's unbeatable.

Meanwhile his right-hand man is one guy that really only excelled at architecture and ended up proving himself an excellent politician and commander that is the only person the BBEG trusts. He behaves in odd fashion and people can't quite pinpoint his next action as well.

bump

>Right-hand man
Ugh.

I chortled.

Considering the campaign so far, if she had one it'd be youtube.com/watch?v=uNYUQ5nWMP8

kek

Explain your setting?

How about "gender neutral non-discriminatory second in command?"

He's just a BEG

>BEG
Ugh.

>BBEG
Zug.

Essentially:

After many years of kings being relatively powerless, especially compared to their vassals, the consolidation of power in their hands has finally begun, thanks to one very useful thing - gunpowder. Weaponry comes along, and with inventions like the printing press and many other things, really, the world is ready to dive headfirst into a new age, which, given the nature of people, is likely to be an age with plenty of bloodshed.

But some men aren't satisfied with only being kings. This one duke, who has a family that had a tradition of being the most powerful men technically speaking in the whole world, believes he has visions on him as an emperor of the continent.

Of course, this drew him into insanity, and he started learning (and worse, worshipping) things that should've been kept hidden.

The church wants that madmen stopped, since he can potentially bring out the destruction of the universe, even if he believes he's just fulfilling his destiny as the greatest man to ever live.

Despite his insanity, he proves himself a great and innovative military commander, and is now nearly dismantling two empires on his own, and rather important ones.

The party is an elf engineer that was thrust into the army before the events of the whole thing, and proved a capable commander; a dwarven mercenary that is just starting in his career but has already done some stuff; a human hunter whose kingdom has been invaded by orcs (orcs are basically the Mongols in this setting); and a tiefling sorcerer on the run from what essentially is a pogrom for being a sorcerer. They left from a city that was overrun by the forces of the BBEG, found some refuge in a temple, learned of what was going on, and now have gone on an undercover mission to try and stop him.

She was my last character.

She was mortally wounded in single combat with the BBEG in single combat, buying time for the rest of the party to escape. As she lay dying on the palace floor, he offered to resurrect her if she would serve him and she accepted.

I would have rather kept on playing her, but the rest of the party wasn't inclined to turning it into an evil campaign and there was no way to keep her with them in her new role, so she became an NPC.

Nice... I'd like to play that campaign.. it sounds well thought out and fleshed out. Sounds like you enjoy history brosef haha

What kinda of weird shit has occurred in your campaigns?

I've killed a PC with a killer cup before ( this group were retarded and didn't listen to the guy who gave them the mission to collect said cup )

Pic related.

My BBEG's right-hand man ended up becoming the campaign's actual BBEG.

Head honcho was the son of a bandit king who was a magical genius. Was using his magic, guile, and inherited band of hardened badasses/blackguards to forge an alliance of evil fae, frost giants, and assorted evil humanoids to march out of the North (what else?) and go pillaging.

His secret was that he never intended to do any such thing. He had taken on a teacher/friend in the person of an evil old elf wizard (the right-hand man) and the two had come up with a plot to betray the combined armies and use their souls to fuel a mighty spell that would crack the prison of Levistus open. Then they would be rewarded with dominion of the Material Plane (Levistus super-promised).

The dice hated this guy. With a burning passion that seemed to border on spite at times. Nothing he tried was successful. I'd fudge and handwave him into an advantageous position: never roll higher than a 6 for him. I'd try to have his plots unfurl 'off-screen' with a simple opposed die roll and a nearly unfair bonus to whatever he rolled: Natural fucking 1, every goddamn time.

Finally the Assistant BBEG had enough of his pupil/master's ineptitude. Killed all of the old bandit crew, stole the BBEG's dragon mount, and contemptuously allowed the humiliated bandit king to run.

The party ended up finding the BBEG: ragged, exhausted, sniveling, and being dragged in chains behind a Fire Giant leagues away. The Wizard/Wild Soul gave him to the 'good' fae in his service, who turned him into a giggling simpleton who spent his days prancing through a fae grove.

The right-hand man got buried under a mountain, because fuck sieges, and you shouldn't build your fortress under a looming mountain in a world where Earth spells exist...according to the casters in the party.

Explain your setting user?

It's another copy of him. He is the only one he can trust so all of his higher ups, mooks, and even cleaning staff are also more him.

No one is the villain. Both Underwoods are villains, two among many.

Also, neither Underwood has what's good for America. No one does.

no one

the players are the evil ones

Then who is the right hand man of their opposition?

He really hates his boss, but trying to overthrow the bastard or leaving his side would be -extremely- painful. Left hand man is the same. Nobody likes the big bad, really.
I need to stop making Nagash ripoffs...

>Ugh.
BBEG

We have a BBGG as we play an evil group.His right-hand is a generic efficient emotionelss militarty guy.

Only works for her because he wants to bang her

That's rad.

A dragonborn version of Revolver Ocelot who hates dragons with a passion and loves to gamble

>Hamilton
My nigga.

We accidentally have:

>recreated the Battle of Poltava
>recreated the Battle of Breitenfeld
>summoned a genie that behaved like Nero
>had a horse race where all the horses ended up dead
>ended up fighting in a bunch of tunnels with flintlock pistols
>french elves
>a prussiaboo elf
>the elven conquest of the metaphorical south bank of the Rhine
>Ivan Ivanovich and his friends, Johan Johansson, Gerald Fitzgerald and Nicolai Nicolaiescu

> BBEG's right hand man is a glowing teal mist inside a battered skull with the voice and attitude of a chipper English girl
> Party sorcerer is using her as an arcane focus/familiar
> She's manipulating the party into bringing her back to her master, who's the source of all the party's problems
> Her master is dead, and died at the beginning of the first session of the campaign.
> She doesn't know that.
> That means she has to do everything herself.
Again.

A clawed and viciously powerful necromancer who loves battle more than anything else.

I want a chipper English skull as my familiar.
Lucky sorcerer.

Also stealing this

>BBEG

Ugh.